Shanks Pen Celebration

Deodato

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, maltese jambo said:

Shankland shouldn't have smashed the ball after scoring. Totally unnecessary and I'm not surprised the Dundee players reacted.

The best player in the league can do what he wants.

maroondevo52
2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I reckon Shanks done it because he was feeling frustrated at missing his last 3 pens, and when he finally scored one (which was very nearly saved), he followed it up and smashed it into the net again out of sheer relief at ending the frustration, I genuinely don’t think he meant anything against Dundee, but I’d absolutely love it if he did! 

:Shanks:

That's what I thought at the time.

No Idle Talk
3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I reckon Shanks done it because he was feeling frustrated at missing his last 3 pens, and when he finally scored one (which was very nearly saved), he followed it up and smashed it into the net again out of sheer relief at ending the frustration, I genuinely don’t think he meant anything against Dundee, but I’d absolutely love it if he did! 

:Shanks:

That was my reading of the situation too.

The relief would have been intensified by the fact that Carson dived the right way and Shankland may have thought for a second that he had missed for a fourth time in a row.

No Idle Talk

What I loved was when Alan Forrest equalised. Shankland was straight in the back of the net getting the ball and running back to the half way line to get the game started again. He is such a winner. 

Edited by No Idle Talk