Ratings v Scumdee (GIRUY Nelms)

Geoff Kilpatrick

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

He was ill

Although I didn’t know that, at the time my post was a sarcastic response not aimed at the quoted poster, but at those jumping down the throat of a player they don’t like. Wasn’t really about Halkett at all, just sarcastically used him to make a point.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sleepy head

• Pete Elliott

• tcjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LarrysRightFoot
16 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Vargas was good when he came on.  Needs to start in front of Oda on Wednesday night.

I really want Vargas to be given a run playing in the Ginnelly role. 

13 hours ago, Holtie said:

Some of the stuff on here is appalling - perhaps they are Hibs fans, but some of the criticism of our players, after a great win against a pretty good Dundee side , is simply unacceptable . Have a word with yourselves.

People unfortunately make their mind up early about players being shite and then rigidly stick to it. Any mistakes or poorer games are pounced upon but good games are immediately downplayed and faults picked out because they already decided they don’t like the player and that’s the end of it. 

Gundermann
13 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

thought Lembi was a nightmare defending today but good going forward guys.

We were warned when we got him that he could be a tad error-prone in defence and that seems to be about right. Just the odd slip here and there and losing possession. Overall though, he's a great addition to the team.

11 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Sibbick has clearly been coached not to dive in.  So he just stands off an attacking player and doesn't do anything to close him down or get a block in.  Occasionally he gets lucky and the ball is hit off him.  But most of the time players just cross the ball or shoot past him as if he isn't there.  It's like it's a training drill and he's been told to harry but not tackle.  Actually harrying is more than he does.  It's such a basic thing for a footballer.  But I honestly think he thinks he's defending properly.

I called out Sibbick y'day for the 2nd goal. If you're running at a defender and he's backing away you don't have a decision to make you just keep going, if Sibbick had attempted to make Cameron do something then he would have had to, ultimately Sibbick didn't so the Cameron got his shot away and scored.

Also Sibbick got caught under a cross shortly after, the Dundee sub made an arse of the header probably more out of surprise than anything else and thankfully it came to nothing.

These are big decisions that he got wrong yesterday.

Oda is another I don't think should start, thought he was lucky to be playing ahead of Vargas, he doesn't have a first touch and his delivery is poor as well.

Our midfield lacks creativity, this has been pointed out by ex pros and pundits and again was noted in the BBC match summary. Naisy knows this hence the acquisition of Fraser and the impending arrival of Dhanda. I like Benni but not a fan of Hoff or Grant.

Saying all that we have a never say attitude, the best striker in the league and have the winning habit. Things are moving in the right direction so it's a good time to be a Jambo.

We all have our own opinions and thoughts, we all have or favourite players and those that were not so enamoured with.

And thank feck we're not Hibs, Edinburgh's comedy club!!!

BackOfTheNet
51 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

People unfortunately make their mind up early about players being shite and then rigidly stick to it. Any mistakes or poorer games are pounced upon but good games are immediately downplayed and faults picked out because they already decided they don’t like the player and that’s the end of it. 

Exactly. A below average performance gets the “never a player” treatment. An above average performance gets the “one swallow doesn’t make a summer” treatment.

I P Knightley

On Sibbick...

He may not have covered himself in glory but its fine margins. I don't know who takes care of defensive training/coaching but it seems to me that an afternoon spent in front of the telly with a can of Irn Bru and an empire biscuit, showing a reel of clips of his 'howlers' would set him on a better track. 

He seems (to me) to regularly be facing the wrong way when he's between an attacker and the box. Yesterday, he allowed (encouraged) the guy to go central, onto his good foot, and to take a crack. Toby was jogging back looking at the attacker over his left shoulder, meaning that when he put it onto his right foot, Toby either had to be like an Irish dancer to keep tracking him defensively or to do what he did, which was to turn like a super tanker, giving all the time to pick a spot for a shot. 

If rather that sort of stuff came naturally to my defenders before they made the first team but he's either not having it pointed out to him or he's not listening/ reacting. 

There's other bits of his game to sort out but that seems pretty basic to me and something I've seen him do more than once. 

Richard Dawkins
18 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I don’t say this lightly but I think it’s time to drop Clark

His positioning is woeful. In the 2nd half, a Dundee player ran down the left hand side towards his goal. He then showed the player so much goal to his left. Obviously, the Dundee player aimed for that space.  A better shot by the Dundee player and it would have resulted in an easy goal as Clark exposed his left post too much. 

LarrysRightFoot

I’ve said a few times but I believe (and hope) we are keeping an eye on Lyall Cameron. 

If he keeps playing well we will likely be priced out of any move for him however. 

Re Toby. In the not too distant past, there was another defender who was lambasted on here for being a bombscare. The club was patient with him (more than many on here) and he eventually turned a corner, became a fans' favourite, cup-winning captain and club legend. Big Zal. Interestingly, Zal signed in 2006 when he was approx 23 years old and it wasn't until 2009/10 (when he was 26 or so) that he really improved and got deserved recognition. Toby signed for us when he was 22 and is still only 24 years old. He has plenty of time to develop if he gets the support and patience for the club and fans, and in my opinion he undoubtedly has the talent to do so. He is blessed with pace, which our other defenders are not. I think we should all give him time.

I have similar views on our other youngsters - Vargas (21), Oda (22), Hoff(22), Tait, Denholm, Wilson and Pollock. We have quite a young team which, with the right coaching and support from the stands, can only get better over the next few years.

Clark 5 Flapped badly at one corner.

Dexter 6 Up against a good opponent but did ok

Sibbick 4 Must do better

Kent 5 Quite a few aimless punts into the wind.

Cochrane 5 Hot and cold, can produce better.

Beni 5 Decent first half

Hoff 5 Looks lost, stood off the boy for cross for opening goal, a bit better 2nd half but has to offer more.

Grant 5 one great pass second half but not much else, another who can do more.

Forrest 6 loses a point for making it easy for Dundee player at opener, decent game though. 
Shankland 7 Good finish for winner, always trying to make things happen.

Oda 4 Played his part in opener but offered little

Vargas 5 Added energy to our play, got involved, decent shift from him

Fraser 4 Quiet shift

Tait 5 Always looking for the ball and moving forwards, everything our stating midfielders don’t do.

Another great 3points and result whilst only playing at about 60%. Scary to think what we could achieve if we actually turned up from minute 1. 8’s/9s/10’s awarded on yesterdays performance😂😂🤪