Ratings v Scumdee (GIRUY Nelms)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Clark - 6 - I thought he could have been better positioned at both goals but did make a crucial save towards the end after another bombscare moment from Sibbick

Kent - 6 - Struggled a bit in the first half with the swirling ball in the wind. Solid in the second

Cochrane - 8 - A key block towards the end summed up his effort and linked really well with Forrest on the left hand side throughout the game

Lembikisa - 6 - Struggled against Beck but was decent going forward

Sibbick - 4 - Almost single handedly cost us 3 points with horrendous defending

Baningime - 7 - Broke up things and carried the ball well. Our best midfielder on the day

Grant - 5 - Never hid but never did anything either. Would love to know his passing accuracy stat because I can barely recall one to a Hearts player

Nieuwenhof - 5 - Worked hard but didn't contribute much

Shankland - 8 - It's appropriate that his match winner meant he surpassed Rudi for goals for HMFC. Was off the pace first half but owned their defence in the second, especially when Vargas came on

Forrest - 8 - MoM for me. Scored the first having the temerity to take it off Shankland and was a threat down their left all day. A pity that he was left to try and mark McGhee at their first

Oda - 5 - Tried as ever but nothing was coming off for him in this game

Subs:

Vargas - 5 - Made a difference with his pace and threat and contributed a part to the latter two goals

Fraser - 3 - Barely touched the ball

Tait - 4 - Composed on the ball again

Halkett - 1 - Shored things up but should have been on sooner

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• Sleepy head

• Pete Elliott

• tcjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Clark - 6 - I thought he could have been better positioned at both goals but did make a crucial save towards the end after another bombscare moment from Sibbick

Kent - 6 - Struggled a bit in the first half with the swirling ball in the wind. Solid in the second

Cochrane - 8 - A key block towards the end summed up his effort and linked really well with Forrest on the left hand side throughout the game

Baningime - 7 - Broke up things and carried the ball well. Our best midfielder on the day

Grant - 5 - Never hid but never did anything either. Would love to know his passing accuracy stat because I can barely recall one to a Hearts player

Shankland - 8 - It's appropriate that his match winner meant he surpassed Rudi for goals for HMFC. Was off the pace first half but owned their defence in the second, especially when Vargas came on

Forrest - 8 - MoM for me. Scored the first having the temerity to take it off Shankland and was a threat down their left all day. A pity that he was left to try and mark McGhee at their first

Subs:

Vargas - 5 - Made a difference with his pace and threat and contributed a part to the latter two goals

Think you’ve got that spot on mate

King prawn
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

68% for Grant - 19/28. Certainly felt like he misplaced more..

Agree with these - I'd be tempted to bump Fraser up one. Didn't touch the ball for 10 minutes but then looked more promising in the last 15 or so.

Sibbick can get a 3 at best from me - dreadful.

Broadly agree - Sibbick was really poor. Completely struggled containing his man and seemed to prefer to back off and open up a free cross/shot than actually defend. Really frustrating from him. With how few moments he's had, its important he makes them count. I suspect Neilson will gazzump him as our back up CB next season. 

I think Beni's lack of movement is an issue, yes he's tidy on the ball but he does an awful lot of just walking about, not a very energetic player. 

Hoff frustrates me & Grant didn't have a great day - although still put in some nice balls. 

Forrest and Oda were complete contrasts. Alans workrate is genuinely in a league of its own. His determination and desire to make things work - even if its messy and ugly, is tremendous. I can see why Neilson and Naismith trust him so much. Oda had a few times to take Beck on and seemed to shit the bed every time. Good pass to set up Shankland for the Forrest goal though. 

BackOfTheNet

We should have had Halkett in instead of Sibbick. He may have made horrendous mistakes the last time we played Dundee (as did Kent), but that’s because he hasn’t played for ages and needs consistent games.

Wheras it’s not as if Sibbick hasn’t played a lot of games… oh, wait, hang on…

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Subs:

id agree, except to say that Fraser did do a couple of neat things when he got into it.

vargas to start ahead of Oda at St J

will be glad to have Rowles back for that too

Pete Elliott

Grant should be returning his week’s wages after that. Just about the laziest player I’ve ever seen in a Hearts jersey.

rudi must stay

I am not a religious man but as Sir Alex showed winning late is perfect and the right way to win. 10s all round 

Sleepy head
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I am not a religious man but as Sir Alex showed winning late is perfect and the right way to win. 10s all round 

where's the religious connection?

Watt-Zeefuik

I don’t say this lightly but I think it’s time to drop Clark

The Lembisika / Beck battle was fantastic today. Think our boy did well v what looks like a very special player.

Sleepy head
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

In the stars 

Ah. Ok.

Pete Elliott
1 minute ago, campbell said:

Agree with most ratings, why is Halkett not playing? 

We needed Sibbick’s pace today with Kingsley missing but he made a few key errors that could have caused goals.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, campbell said:

Agree with most ratings, why is Halkett not playing? 

Because last time against Dundee he almost handed the game to them on a plate and was lucky not to give away a penalty? Or do people only acknowledge mistakes or errors when it’s players they don’t like?

Boris5115
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

No more Sibbick please 🙏 

Add Grant to the name you mention. 

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Because last time against Dundee he almost handed the game to them on a plate and was lucky not to give away a penalty? Or do people only acknowledge mistakes or errors when it’s players they don’t like?

So one bad game & he’s dropped?? Wasn’t aware that was a rule. Just fyi I like all players who pull on the maroon jersey not sure what’s with such the hostile reply it was just a question 

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Also he was nowhere near close to giving them a penalty it was about 2 yards outside the box & the ref made a stinking decision 

Sibbick was shite today. The rest of the team wasnt great either but done enough to steal a win, I thought Forrest was our best player. Sibbick gets a 3 Forrest a 8 the rest a 6.

tazhearts

Vargas was good when he came on.  Needs to start in front of Oda on Wednesday night.

5 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Add Grant to the name you mention. 

Big enough squad now to do that. No more loyalty picks. 

Clark - 6 - Should have done better with Cameron's shot. Good save later

Kent - 6 - Posted missing at the first goal

Cochrane - 7 - Also missing at first goal and but had a good last 60 minutes

Lembikisa - 5 -Gave the ball away several times

Sibbick - 6 - Best defender fisrt half. Blamed for backing off his man running at him at speed but not sure what else he coudl have done.

Baningime - 8  Did well. Kept us together first half

Grant - 4 - Nothing paid off for him. Our worst player today

Nieuwenhof - 5 - Anonymous fisrt half. Bit more involved second half

Forrest - 8 - MoM. One shaky moment but otherwise consistently willing to take the game to them

Oda - 5 - Tough shift for him against Beck. Started well but faded. Current target of boo boys like Toby

Subs:

Vargas - 4 - Got involved

Fraser - 3 - Good that he got a run out

Tait - 3 - never noticed him

Halkett - 1 - No time

Sleepy head

Clark-6 Good save late on.

Lembisaka-7 Was up against it but did well.

Cochrane-7 Will to win and drove forward.

Kent- 7 Assured as per.

Sibbick- 4 How he managed a year in English championship as centre half is a real mystery.

Oda- 4 Seems terrified every time he receives the ball.

Forrest- 10 for character but match score 8. He's always positive.

Hoff- 6  His score improves in the second half-Again!

Grant-5  Not a fan. Too slack with possession.

Shanks-8 What can you say?

Beni-6 Good on the ball but fitness still an issue.

Vargas 5 Better than Oda.

Tait-5 good cameo.

Frazer-5 decent once he got into a rhythm.

Halkett-2 no time.

Mikey1874

Sibbick 6 much better than most are saying

Shankland 10 incredible impact with all 3 goals

Forrest 8 worked hard and created danger and the goal

Lembikisa 3 looked lost. The issue wasn't Beck either. Almost like someone told him to just hold defensive shape today. 

BackOfTheNet
23 minutes ago, campbell said:

So one bad game & he’s dropped?? Wasn’t aware that was a rule. Just fyi I like all players who pull on the maroon jersey not sure what’s with such the hostile reply it was just a question 

Seems that’s what Naismith has taken from it. Personally I feel Halkett needs games to regain consistency. Like any player that hasn’t played a number of games, they will only perform better by playing regularly. Far too many (not saying you) expect players to be sitting on the bench or out injured for weeks/months and then when called upon to be up to speed and strolling it. It’s just not how things work.

So I wasn’t being hostile (apologies if you took it that way), my response was more of a sarcastic comment on people having a go at certain players is all.

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sibbick 6 much better than most are saying

Shankland 10 incredible impact with all 3 goals

Forrest 8 worked hard and created danger and the goal

Lembikisa 3 looked lost. The issue wasn't Beck either. Almost like someone told him to just hold defensive shape today. 

Ah, but you see all players start on a 6 and can go up or down. Except Sibbick who starts on a 4, Oda and Grant 5 and Kent starts on an 8. That’s the rule of these threads.

Generally agree with sentiments but a 5 for Hoff is too low.

It would appear unless he scores or has an assist he gets stick.  The ground he covers and work rate he puts in is tremendous. He does a lot of work people don’t appreciate.  He along with Beni were very good at winning the ball back quickly today. 

I for one am on the Hoff train. 

Sibbick just does not have it unf. Shame because I like him as a dude and we’ll always have the run and dink vs. hibs. 

42 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Clark - 6 - Should have done better with Cameron's shot. Good save later

Kent - 6 - Posted missing at the first goal

Cochrane - 7 - Also missing at first goal and but had a good last 60 minutes

Lembikisa - 5 -Gave the ball away several times

Sibbick - 6 - Best defender fisrt half. Blamed for backing off his man running at him at speed but not sure what else he coudl have done.

Baningime - 8  Did well. Kept us together first half

Grant - 4 - Nothing paid off for him. Our worst player today

Nieuwenhof - 5 - Anonymous fisrt half. Bit more involved second half

Forrest - 8 - MoM. One shaky moment but otherwise consistently willing to take the game to them

Oda - 5 - Tough shift for him against Beck. Started well but faded. Current target of boo boys like Toby

Subs:

Vargas - 4 - Got involved

Fraser - 3 - Good that he got a run out

Tait - 3 - never noticed him

Halkett - 1 - No time

Missing Shanks here!!

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

id agree, except to say that Fraser did do a couple of neat things when he got into it.

vargas to start ahead of Oda at St J

will be glad to have Rowles back for that too

Are Kye and Natty back in time for Wed ?

Grant was poor Oda is a *** cowardly player.Sibbick is worrying but the rest look like a right good team.

BervieJambo

Clark-7 Reliable.
Lembikisa-6 Had a tough time against Beck, but stuck to it.
Cochrane-7 Always looking to take it forward.
Kent-7 Typical performance.
Sibbick-7 Thought he looked calm. Don't see the stick he's getting on here.
Oda-5 Struggled at times, but also had moments.
Forrest-8 On fire at the moment.
Hof-7 Puts in a power of work.
Grant-6 Worked hard, but little came off for him.
Shanks-9 Makes the difference.
Beni-7 Controls the midfield.
Vargas-6 Added energy.
Tait-6 Added a bit of urgency in the middle.
Fraser-6 Promising.
Halkett-2 No time.

Think Dundee are the best team we've played outside the OF. They have some really good players - Beck will develop into something really special. Cameron & McCowan impressed again - I see both as potential targets for us in the future.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Pete Elliott said:

Grant should be returning his week’s wages after that. Just about the laziest player I’ve ever seen in a Hearts jersey.

He is just like an expensive magnolia, but magnolia all the same. 

Thought Sibbick did well considering he's been out. A few times he could have been better, but it was a hard game. Thought he was similar to Lembikisa in that they were in a difficult battle but didn't hide or crumble.

When folk say things like, get rid of Sibbick, Grant, or whoever. Do you realise we need a squad? And that most of our players will not be excellent every week.

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Thought Sibbick did well considering he's been out. A few times he could have been better, but it was a hard game. Thought he was similar to Lembikisa in that they were in a difficult battle but didn't hide or crumble.

When folk say things like, get rid of Sibbick, Grant, or whoever. Do you realise we need a squad? And that most of our players will not be excellent every week.

How dare you interrupt illogical hyperbolic pish with logical thought…

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Broadly agree - Sibbick was really poor. Completely struggled containing his man and seemed to prefer to back off and open up a free cross/shot than actually defend. Really frustrating from him. With how few moments he's had, its important he makes them count. I suspect Neilson will gazzump him as our back up CB next season. 

I think Beni's lack of movement is an issue, yes he's tidy on the ball but he does an awful lot of just walking about, not a very energetic player. 

Hoff frustrates me & Grant didn't have a great day - although still put in some nice balls. 

Forrest and Oda were complete contrasts. Alans workrate is genuinely in a league of its own. His determination and desire to make things work - even if its messy and ugly, is tremendous. I can see why Neilson and Naismith trust him so much. Oda had a few times to take Beck on and seemed to shit the bed every time. Good pass to set up Shankland for the Forrest goal though. 

Sibbick has the attributes to be a good defender but unfortunately he doesn’t have the brain to use his attributes. Zero awareness off any danger and constantly looks like he’s half asleep. 

Pete Elliott
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

No idea what game you watched. It wasn’t ours.

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Pete Elliott said:

No idea what game you watched. It wasn’t ours.

So what did he do well?

JimmyCant

Clark 6. Couple of good saves but not great for either goal

Lembikisa 5 couldn’t handle Beck

Sibbick 4 awful game throughout 

Kent 7 Decent enough in a shaky defence

Cochrane 7. Did okay mostly

Beni 6. A shadow of what he was

Nieuwenhof 6 takes him an hour to get going but he was okay from then

Grant 6 He’s better than this but doesn’t bring it often enough

Forrest 9 most improved player at the club this season MOTM

Oda 6 No end product 

Shankland 9 nothing more needs to be said about the guy

Vargas 7. Rode shotgun for Shankland and brought him into the game. Good partnership 

Tait 7 we just look more solid and threatening when he’s on. He should be starting now.

Fraser 4 Not a lot of impact

Halkett No time. Assume he wasn’t fit enough to start 

Edited by JimmyCant

Jambo Forever
2 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I don’t say this lightly but I think it’s time to drop Clark

Behave

Some of the stuff on here is appalling - perhaps they are Hibs fans, but some of the criticism of our players, after a great win against a pretty good Dundee side , is simply unacceptable . Have a word with yourselves.

1 hour ago, stevie said:

Grant was poor Oda is a *** cowardly player.Sibbick is worrying but the rest look like a right good team.

….cowardly player…..dearie me! Have a good evening🤡

2 hours ago, Pete Elliott said:

We needed Sibbick’s pace today with Kingsley missing but he made a few key errors that could have caused goals.

Would rather do without pace for someone that can defend 

Sibbick is not a defender 

grumpyespana
2 hours ago, Homme said:

The Lembisika / Beck battle was fantastic today. Think our boy did well v what looks like a very special player.

thought Lembi was a nightmare defending today but good going forward guys.

BackOfTheNet
20 minutes ago, Holtie said:

Some of the stuff on here is appalling - perhaps they are Hibs fans, but some of the criticism of our players, after a great win against a pretty good Dundee side , is simply unacceptable . Have a word with yourselves.

:spoton:

Mikey1874
22 minutes ago, Holtie said:

Hearts were booed off at half time. It was a tough watch at times. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts were booed off at half time. It was a tough watch at times. 

I didn’t think we played badly in the first half but lacked a cutting edge. Second half was much better. Been watching Hearts regularly since 1964 so trust me enjoy this team and results just now…it doesn’t happen that often!