• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tartofmidlothian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Liam1953

• AlimOzturk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shankland will probably score the rebound when someone else misses our next pen 

Many calls on here for Kingsley. However I thought so too in the penalty shootout against Celtic. Kingsley took the fourth penalty to put us 2 up with a young Johnston next up for Celtic and under extreme pressure. Kingsley missed the target and the rest is unfortunately history. Halkett wasn’t even among the five which days it all about his confidence as a penalty taker. Stick with Shankland.

Scott Leitch
4 minutes ago, Papa said:

Many calls on here for Kingsley. However I thought so too in the penalty shootout against Celtic. Kingsley took the fourth penalty to put us 2 up with a young Johnston next up for Celtic and under extreme pressure. Kingsley missed the target and the rest is unfortunately history. Halkett wasn’t even among the five which days it all about his confidence as a penalty taker. Stick with Shankland.

Didn't miss the target. It was saved.

Shit penalty though. 

2 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Didn't miss the target. It was saved.

Shit penalty though. 

I bow to your superior memory 

Hope Shankland doesn't miss Scotland's top scorer of the year, by one or two!

He will regret those misses

Should get another chance, but must score😍

Have a penalty competition involving all the outfield players. Five penalties each. Winner gets to take penalties from now on. If that penalty taker misses two in a row in proper games, we go back and have another competition. Rinse and repeat. Keep them keen. Being our penalty taker has to be earned.

vegas-voss

Na he will come good.Actually would bet a fortune he scores the next one.Dont think any of the three have actually been bad penalties either.

highlandjambo3

Keep it with Shanks…..it’ll come good.  Imagine picking another penalty taker and he misses……this place would implode.

IMG_5975.gif

Naismith confirmed in the post match presser that Shankland remains our penalty taken and that he wouldn't be surprised if he scored the next one and went back on a run of scoring 15 in a row.

gar jambo
4 hours ago, JJ93 said:

I'd give him one more chance. 

Naismith said he scored 16 before missing 3 he’s our main striker and not planning to let anyone else take them 

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Na he will come good.Actually would bet a fortune he scores the next one.Dont think any of the three have actually been bad penalties either.

Disagree, last nights was literally a perfect example of the ideal penalty any keeper would want to face…perfect height to save and nowhere near the side of the goal.

Oda be a JT

If and big if we happened to be two or three up against someone at home (preferably Hobos) if on the pitch or not Craig Gordon.

Yes sounds idiotic but either I had too many ales one evening or I remember an interview with him saying it was a dream to score for us!!

Before and after that Shanks all day long.

1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

Disagree, last nights was literally a perfect example of the ideal penalty any keeper would want to face…perfect height to save and nowhere near the side of the goal.

Well undoubtedly our best bet until the last three, hit post and two saves as goalies went right way.  
No panic, however a penalty at head height a few feet either side of the posts should be unsavable surely, no?

grumpyespana
1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

Should always place your penalty high into the net I never missed at junior level all those years ago ( 54 years ago) lol.

• 2 weeks later...
tartofmidlothian

Going to bump this thread, because I was all for trying something different back when I started it, but just wanted to say congratulations to Shanks for scoring a pen under extremely high pressure and some shithousing from Dundee at the weekend.

It looked a perfect pen to me, with the keeper guessing correctly but still not able to keep it out. Well done, Captain Fantastic.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Going to bump this thread, because I was all for trying something different back when I started it, but just wanted to say congratulations to Shanks for scoring a pen under extremely high pressure and some shithousing from Dundee at the weekend.

It looked a perfect pen to me, with the keeper guessing correctly but still not able to keep it out. Well done, Captain Fantastic.

Would've preferred him to just lace it straight down the middle. Still didn't look the most confident of strikes, think the keeper moved just before he made contact and he half changed his mind!

Still, ball hit the net. Back on track!  

soonbe110
40 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Would've preferred him to just lace it straight down the middle. Still didn't look the most confident of strikes, think the keeper moved just before he made contact and he half changed his mind!

Yep, Grants pen was much better  

AlimOzturk
47 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Think it was a confidence boosting pen after missing three in a row. 

Hopefully goes on another run of scoring them. Good to know we have Grant who can step up if needed as well. 

Jack Torrance
59 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He did that away to Livingston last month, and it was saved.

Chillidigits

I suppose when a team has a regular penalty taker keepers with be studying their routine and there will be clues in the kicker's run up that makes up the keepers mind re which way to go. There are some teams that haven't even had a penalty yet this season. Think Everton's one of them.

TexasAndy

I'm not going to criticize a guy who scored something like 16 out of last 19 pens but I do wish he would put a little bit more pace on them.

Edited by TexasAndy

PapaShango
57 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I'm not going to criticize a guy who scored something like 16 out of last 19 pens but I do wish he would put a little bit more pace on them.

He's hit a few really firmly into the bottom corners before that even if keeper goes right way he won't save them. The one against PAOK at home was like that. 16 out of 19 is a great record though and glad he got the monkey off his back on Saturday.