Tesla owners

Armageddon

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

How can a software update fix rubbish windscreen wipers?

They don’t have rain sensors. They work on camera based software. 

Spellczech
51 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

How they respond to rain, at the moment they only come on when it’s chucking it but the latest updated being rolled out has changed the sensor response.

Even the latest update changed the headlights to activate the Matrix headlights.

Ah so it is not that the wipers don't function it is just the automation that doesn't work properly. 

Sounds like Tesla is full of things that promise to be good but aren't quite - like you get incredible torque but after the first drive you don't use it as if you do then your range is only to the end of the street...Have to confess I get annoyed with Teslas crawling around at less than the speed limit as owners try to eke out extra miles on their charge...

It is like the sports car forum I joined only to realise that everyone was mapping how far they'd managed to drive on a tank of petrol...You drive a sports car why are you obsessed with its economy? Bonkers.

Edited by Spellczech

4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Ah so it is not that the wipers don't function it is just the automation that doesn't work properly. 

Sounds like Tesla is full of things that promise to be good but aren't quite - like you get incredible torque but after the first drive you don't use it as if you do then your range is only to the end of the street...Have to confess I get annoyed with Teslas crawling around at less than the speed limit as owners try to eke out extra miles on their charge...

It is like the sports car forum I joined only to realise that everyone was mapping how far they'd managed to drive on a tank of petrol...You drive a sports car why are you obsessed with its economy? Bonkers.

It’s constantly improving. My car has better features now than it had when I bought it 5/6 months ago. They use user feedback to decide what they improve. 

This morning I travelled 160 miles on the A1 and still have 40% battery left. Thats less than £2.50 spent to drive at the speed limit (or above), with plenty overtaking. 

Sounds like you’ve either come across people without home chargers or folk playing EV version of beat the Satnav; beat the range. I’ll make sure to play it more often now I know it irks folk. :lol: 

Spellczech
12 minutes ago, gjcc said:

It’s constantly improving. My car has better features now than it had when I bought it 5/6 months ago. They use user feedback to decide what they improve. 

This morning I travelled 160 miles on the A1 and still have 40% battery left. Thats less than £2.50 spent to drive at the speed limit (or above), with plenty overtaking. 

Sounds like you’ve either come across people without home chargers or folk playing EV version of beat the Satnav; beat the range. I’ll make sure to play it more often now I know it irks folk. :lol: 

It's a weird phenomenon. Like all those weirdos who sit at 70mph in the outside lane of the M8 in order to try to dictate the speed of every other driver on the motorway - fooling themselves that they are being "good drivers"...

Armageddon

As I don’t have a home charger until Tuesday I stopped at Halbeath P&R on the way home from St Andrews, 50kw charging speed and 15p a kWh, 300 miles for £9.  That’ll do me all week and well by then I’ll be ready for 7.5p kWh overnight charging, so waking up each morning with 300 miles in the range 👌🏼

Looking at ChargePlace Scotland, the 50KwH charger is 175p for your first kWh and then 15p thereafter. Frontloaded charging tariff. 

Statts1976uk
2 hours ago, SecN said:

Looking at ChargePlace Scotland, the 50KwH charger is 175p for your first kWh and then 15p thereafter. Frontloaded charging tariff. 

I think Fife us about the cheapest for charging, Angus Council have put theirs up to about 45p per kWh.

Armageddon
13 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

I think Fife us about the cheapest for charging, Angus Council have put theirs up to about 45p per kWh.

I'm surprised you don't have to input your council tax number or something to receive the 15p rate, until I have the smart meter installed at home and move to the 7.5p rate it's worth me spinning over the Halbeath and sitting for 30 minutes to get my full weeks charge for £8 :)

Statts1976uk
7 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I'm surprised you don't have to input your council tax number or something to receive the 15p rate, until I have the smart meter installed at home and move to the 7.5p rate it's worth me spinning over the Halbeath and sitting for 30 minutes to get my full weeks charge for £8 :)

It is quite handy, I'm using it just now until my charger is installed. I don't think any other council has a rate that low.

I think it makes sense in council properties as it could be a nice little earner for them. 

Mysterion
On 23/03/2024 at 07:32, gjcc said:

He does.
S

X

Y

From memory - Model E was associated with 1 or 2 other Manufacturers which is why it’s a 3.