Mobile Phone Help, Burst Screen.

Dawnrazor

Dawnrazor
20 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a policy of just wiping all phones with major repairs purely to cover their arses if they break the phone further.

Possibly, I told the help line that I wasn't prepared to hand over my phone with all my information on to a van driver from DPP and that's why I needed to data transfer at the shop. The protocol for a transfer is you hand your phone to the DPP driver and he gives you the new one, he won't wait for any time never mind waiting for a data transfer to be done, I wasn't prepared to do that.

18 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Thats a really useful post. Thank you. 

The screen on my old phone  died and I can't access any of the data on it, this might be just the ticket.

Who said kickback is full of arseholes? 😃

I'm going to put a full reserve on the "arsehole" status!  This would have definitely worked a few years ago, but I can't say for certain if it still does! As with everything, AirDroid has been monetised to within an inch of it's life, and I can't guarantee that it works without paying for it! 

Hopefully all goes well and you're able to restore your data! :)

il Duce McTarkin
12 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Yep, but I didn't know that at the time, when a manager of a mobile phone shop tell you the data would be lost, when you know bugger all about mobile phones, you believe them 🤷‍♂️

Happened to me too. Laddie broke my phone screen and I was heading away to sea the following morning. EE said they'd do a same day replacement screen but said I'd lose data that wasn't backed up. The boy in the store then ran a full Google backup as part of the screen was still responsive. For some reason this failed, and I only found out when I returned a few hours later to collect the phone which had been factory restored. None of my photos had backed up, so everything that had been on the device and not the SD card was lost. Almost a year of photos of my kids growing up. My own fault for not performing regular backups I suppose. Was pretty gutted.

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Happened to me too. Laddie broke my phone screen and I was heading away to sea the following morning. EE said they'd do a same day replacement screen but said I'd lose data that wasn't backed up. The boy in the store then ran a full Google backup as part of the screen was still responsive. For some reason this failed, and I only found out when I returned a few hours later to collect the phone which had been factory restored. None of my photos had backed up, so everything that had been on the device and not the SD card was lost. Almost a year of photos of my kids growing up. My own fault for not performing regular backups I suppose. Was pretty gutted.

Might sound daft but I often email my favourite pics of nights out , family etc to myself then I’m sure I’ll never lose them really .