Any holidays planned this year?

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

Anybody got a holiday booked up yet for this year, it's always good to have something to look forward to

Even just a browse on a travel agent website can lift the spirits and brush away the January blues

☀️ ✈️ ⛱️ 🌞 🍹

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• periodictabledancer

• Sooperstar

• Morgan

• Doctor FinnBarr

Nucky Thompson
33 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Anybody got a holiday booked up yet for this year, it's always good to have something to look forward to

Even just a browse on a travel agent website can lift the spirits and brush away the January blues

☀️ ✈️ ⛱️ 🌞 🍹

Just booked my 3rd holiday for this year a couple of days ago.

I had Corfu booked for June and Zante booked for the end of September already, but Winter gets me down so went and booked a week in Tenerife for the end of February.

EasyJet sale is on so got the flights for £68 return each

Spellczech

Off to Thailand in 2 weeks for 2 wks. 4 days in Roma in March for the 6N rugby. 

Nothing planned other than a stag do in Poland in April but seriously considering Shetland this summer.

Tenerife end of March, fortnight, retire same month...🍾...🕰️

Costa Calida in May, golf week.

Canada for 7, USA, Nashville/Memphis for 7, back to Canada for 7...hame!

Not a holiday as such, but an escape from here and a new life in the offing.

highlandjambo3

Morocco in March……flamingo land in April with the grandkids….med cruise for two weeks in October…….ive like got to plan 18 months ahead…..we took our first 2025 booking today 😳.

scott herbertson

off to Up Hellya in a few weeks. Looking forward to it (apart from the flights)

16 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

If you see a half cut Viking in maroon you’ll have found @Boof 🤣

18 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

If you need any hints and tips fire a PM my way.

You going to a hall?

1 minute ago, Boof said:

I need to know how to make the perfect Paella and require tips on how to win the lottery.

Can you help?

:biggrin2:

Sooperstar

9 nights in Germany for the Euros, 5 nights in Costa Del Sol in August and 2 weeks in Mexico in November. 

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Off to Thailand in 2 weeks for 2 wks. 4 days in Roma in March for the 6N rugby. 

Where about in Thailand are you headed? 

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

9 nights in Germany for the Euros, 5 nights in Costa Del Sol in August and 2 weeks in Mexico in November. 

Where in the Costa del Sol?

Sooperstar
44 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Where in the Costa del Sol?

Straddling Benalmadena and Torremolinos. Just going out to visit my cousin. 

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I asked because we spent six weeks on the Costa del Sol last year.  We absolutely loved it.  For five of the weeks we were based in Malaga which was great for traveling about.  We visited Torremolinos three times and spent five nights in Marbella amongst other places.

stevie1874
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I asked because we spent six weeks on the Costa del Sol last year.  We absolutely loved it.  For five of the weeks we were based in Malaga which was great for traveling about.  We visited Torremolinos three times and spent five nights in Marbella amongst other places.

Love Malaga, Beautiful city 👍

Trans Atlantic cruise end of March for 13 days. Starts in Puerto Rico with stops in St Maarten, Madeira,Valencia and finishing in Barcelona. Adding on a couple of days at ether ens as on all the stops we spend basically a half day in each port. 
Just booked our accommodation for 2weeks on the Big Island of Hawaii over Christmas/NewYear this coming winter. Too early to book flights yet though. 

6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Love Malaga, Beautiful city 👍

Indeed it is, especially the historic centre and the Alcazaba and Gibralfaro.

40 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Carihuela...🤷

stevie1874
15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Indeed it is, especially the historic centre and the Alcazaba and Gibralfaro.

My first thought was Malaga when reading through the Edinburgh down the pan thread due to the cleanliness of the centre of city. 👍

Just now, stevie1874 said:

My first thought was Malaga when reading through the Edinburgh down the pan thread due to the cleanliness of the centre of city. 👍

The streets get washed and cleaned every single day of the year. Even when there is a drought they do it. You can't always get a shower on the beach though! Plants and concrete get preferential treatment to people. 🙄

The street cleaning is even more than where I live at the moment, which is five days a week!

6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

A lot of it is cultural as well. I work just off Lothian Road and it’s depressing walking around that area on a Saturday or Sunday morning with the sheer amount of litter. People think nothing of finishing their drunken takeaway and just dripping the box where they stand, often within yards of a bin. 

stevie1874
8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The streets get washed and cleaned every single day of the year. Even when there is a drought they do it. You can't always get a shower on the beach though! Plants and concrete get preferential treatment to people. 🙄

The street cleaning is even more than where I live at the moment, which is five days a week!

That rings true as remember walking back to hotel with wife after meal about midnight at a square just at top of main shopping street I think and they were hosing down the Square. Remember the wife commenting that you’ll never see that in Edinburgh. 

stevie1874
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A lot of it is cultural as well. I work just off Lothian Road and it’s depressing walking around that area on a Saturday or Sunday morning with the sheer amount of litter. People think nothing of finishing their drunken takeaway and just dripping the box where they stand, often within yards of a bin. 

Your probably right 

Rupert Pupkin

Med Cruise last 2 weeks in June, Algarve for 10 days at the start of October .

Santa Ponsa in April and Kos in September can't wait for a bit sun

heartgarfunkel

Lake Garda in July, third year in a row, something I thought we'd never do.  Ultimate chill hotel, outrageously good food, half board, actual angry at yourself if you get jaked on a trip to Venice /Milan etc and miss dinner.  Beautiful part of our planet.

Jambo-Jimbo

Rethymno, Crete for a week in June.

Going to go to Knossos & Heraklion and probably a trip to Chania.

Spellczech
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Where about in Thailand are you headed? 

Bangkok 3nights, then fly to Krabbi for 4 then ferry to Kho Phi Phi for 2 then ferry to Phuket for 4 then fly back to Bangkok

Doctor FinnBarr
33 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

If you're offering. 

You been there before Soop? Best part of the area.

scott herbertson
3 hours ago, Boof said:

You going to a hall?

Hi Boof

was going to get in touch - yes we have a hall. However I am going with 5 women and me the only guy.... so I am out of the planning committee. I'm waiting to be informed where we are and what we are doing.

I think I'm mainly there to cook and drive, but I intend to escape and fidn a few pubs to sit in peace and  quiet.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Hi Boof

was going to get in touch - yes we have a hall. However I am going with 5 women and me the only guy.... so I am out of the planning committee. I'm waiting to be informed where we are and what we are doing.

I think I'm mainly there to cook and drive, but I intend to escape and fidn a few pubs to sit in peace and  quiet.

The Thule in Lerwick is the "hip" pub as I'm sure Boof will know.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

The Thule in Lerwick is the "hip" pub as I'm sure Boof will know.

I'll have to rule that one out then

🙂

AlimOzturk

We are planning on going to canaries for Christmas and/or new year. I am away to Italy in March for a working holiday and going to take in the six nations rugby match. 

periodictabledancer

Cape Verde next week for 10 days. First time in the sun for nearly two years.

Rome in March for the rugby and then 10 days travelling around Germany & Benelux for the Euros.

Possibly a gastronomy weekend in October (food & wine) in a French chateau. 

Basically doing everything I want this year after pandering to her last year. 

Sooperstar
16 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

You been there before Soop? Best part of the area.

I've had family out there since the 80's, but in Benalmadena. For all the times I've been out I've only ventured into Torremolinos a handful of times - normally I make it no further than the marina (unless I'm jumping on the train to Malaga). It's just my cousin left now and she is managing a bar in Torremolinos so the accommodation we've booked this time is just passed the marina and I'll definitely head a bit further east on this occasion. 

AlimOzturk
12 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Cape Verde next week for 10 days. First time in the sun for nearly two years.

Rome in March for the rugby and then 10 days travelling around Germany & Benelux for the Euros.

Possibly a gastronomy weekend in October (food & wine) in a French chateau. 

Basically doing everything I want this year after pandering to her last year. 

We are staying Bologna and travelling to Rome on the day for the Rugger. Got tickets booked. Can’t wait. Will be a braw experience. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Oz currently in the planning stage! 

recommendations welcome 🙏 

Sooperstar
30 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Bangkok 3nights, then fly to Krabbi for 4 then ferry to Kho Phi Phi for 2 then ferry to Phuket for 4 then fly back to Bangkok

Lucky man! Didn't go to Krabbi or Phuket but loved Phi Phi. Stunning place. 

EH11_2NL

Cayman Islands for 10 days in May and it's my 30th wedding anniversary ❤️ this year. Still deciding where to take She Who Must Be Obeyed. Was thinking Lisbon for a few days. 

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

We are staying Bologna and travelling to Rome on the day for the Rugger. Got tickets booked. Can’t wait. Will be a braw experience. 

We've flown in/out of Bologna in the past and got the train down but can't be arsed these days. 

I didn't think there was much to see there last time I was there , so flying into Rome and bugger the cost. 

Staying right on the via del Corso for some quality wining & dining this year. Very much looking forward to it. :thumb:

jamb0_1874
3 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Oz currently in the planning stage! 

recommendations welcome 🙏 

What area are you heading?

periodictabledancer
Just now, EH11_2NL said:

Cayman Islands for 10 days in May and it's my 30th wedding anniversary ❤️ this year. Still deciding where to take She Who Must Be Obeyed. Was thinking Lisbon for a few days. 

I went to Lisbon last year and was totally underwhelmed. It's nice, cheap, clean, people are lovely but it's boring. Very boring.