League expansion

Jackhmfc1348

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Perhaps we should be asking the club board what their opinion is towards league reconstruction.  Afterall, the SPFL is a members organisation and the members are the clubs, and we own our club.

I went to a shareholder’s dinner that Tom English and Ewen Murray spoke at. I know it’s not the board but their comments were that it will never happen while Doncaster is getting his strings pulled by the OF. Clubs don’t want to put their head above the parapet.

Personally I’d love to see FoH take it on at arms length from the club and get in touch with other fans groups and shareholders at other clubs and do it that way.

Any club who takes it on as a board is going to get shot down. Budge has learned her lesson in that regard. Bunch of parochial dinosaurs run out game. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LarrysRightFoot

• OTT

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

buzzbomb1958

Don’t know why this thread pops up ,

THERE IS NOT A CHANCE IN HELL THEY WILL CHANGE THE FORMAT BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE UGLIES 

Edited by buzzbomb1958

31 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

THERE IS NOT A CHANCE IN HELL THEY WILL CHANGE THE FORMAT BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE UGLIES 

People like to talk about an optimistic future where the league is actually entertaining.

Byyy The Light
46 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

The format can be changed to still weight it to the uglies but still be a better product

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

I went to a shareholder’s dinner that Tom English and Ewen Murray spoke at. I know it’s not the board but their comments were that it will never happen while Doncaster is getting his strings pulled by the OF. Clubs don’t want to put their head above the parapet.

Personally I’d love to see FoH take it on at arms length from the club and get in touch with other fans groups and shareholders at other clubs and do it that way.

Any club who takes it on as a board is going to get shot down. Budge has learned her lesson in that regard. Bunch of parochial dinosaurs run out game. 

I'm on board with this.