Mafia - the new year's masquerade ball

Shapes

iantjambo
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

He voted out Seats, Tommy AND Stuart did he not?

Absolute savagery that nearly paid off. :lol: 

The Tommy and Stuart votes were just typical goon trying to blend in stuff, I think. The writing was on the wall for both of them. The Seats one was a different story though. It could’ve won them the game.

Edited by iantjambo

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• redjambo

• Shapes

• AlimOzturk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

He voted out Seats AND Stuart did he not?

Absolute savagery that nearly paid off. :lol: 

I was in a dodgy position so by making me a sacrificial lamb, we cemented rudi's trustworthiness. He voted stuart after it looked like he was a goner but early enough to get credit for it. Ir would have paid off it wasn't for you pesky kids....🤣

redjambo
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Yes, they likely would’ve discussed it on the goon chat. He wouldn’t have just went ahead and did it off his own back. He’s far too good a player to have done that.

It really was a 94th minute winner. Could have gone either way. The accuracy of the earlier goon and town kills was astonishing.

3 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

We played this like a Hearts match, never do it easy but get there in the end 😁

It was! 

A quiet, pretty uneventful first half (unusually for a Hearts game, decently refereed :lol: ) then things got exciting towards the 90 minute mark with a Shankland-esque trio of performances from Alim, Ian and Sean to see the toon over the line.

So very nearly a great, great game from Rudi - just a great game, in the end.

Some impressive night-whacking from the goons, by the way...bang, bang, bang and our masons have gone!

Cheers for the game Shapes - we were needing a game after a long break.

I hope the new folk found enough to keep them interested. If it's any consolation, I've been playing from game 1 and still had many moments of utter confusion during this one!

redjambo
Just now, redjambo said:

I couldn't believe the first two. Mine I could completely understand though. I raised my head above the parapet to take out Stuart who was a certain goon. And I'd been very vocal against Seats when he was voted off. In retrospect, I should have been far more subtle and waited my time. :)

iantjambo
1 minute ago, Boof said:

It was! 

A quiet, pretty uneventful first half (unusually for a Hearts game, decently refereed :lol: ) then things got exciting towards the 90 minute mark with a Shankland-esque trio of performances from Alim, Ian and Sean to see the toon over the line.

So very nearly a great, great game from Rudi - just a great game, in the end.

Some impressive night-whacking from the goons, by the way...bang, bang, bang and our masons have gone!

Cheers for the game Shapes - we were needing a game after a long break.

I hope the new folk found enough to keep them interested. If it's any consolation, I've been playing from game 1 and still had many moments of utter confusion during this one!

I like to think that I redeemed myself, after a truly shocking game, with my late couple of posts and asking Alim if he was roled. This was what convinced me that Rudi was the last goon.

I’m definitely a better goon than good guy :lol:

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

I like to think that I redeemed myself, after a truly shocking game, with my late couple of posts and asking Alim if he was roled. This was what convinced me that Rudi was the last goon.

I’m definitely a better goon than good guy :lol:

I appreciate the faith you put in me. 😂 Would have been some play if I was indeed the goon to have wacked three of my own team mates. 

Vlad Magic

Apologies guys I just wasn’t interested half way through being a townie.

Think I have ADHD.

Need group chat interest or I slip into a coma!!

Tbabks for organising Shapes. Was tight at the end. 

We’ll do for nearly pulling off a miracle Rudi Skacel. Was bold as brass!!

jambosean75

i think that's my first time playing the doc and all i could think every second night was am i protecting a goon

redjambo
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Apologies guys I just wasn’t interested half way through being a townie.

Think I have ADHD.

Need group chat interest or I slip into a coma!!

Tbabks for organising Shapes. Was tight at the end. 

We’ll do for nearly pulling off a miracle Rudi Skacel. Was bold as brass!!

Are there any variants of the game where the vanilla townies have a group chat?

iantjambo
Just now, jambosean75 said:

i think that's my first time playing the doc and all i could think every second night was am i protecting a goon

What were your saves?

redjambo
Just now, jambosean75 said:

Did you ever?

jambosean75
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

What were your saves?

me boof me boof ian me ian

AlimOzturk

Some of the best games in the past have been people getting absolutely rat arsed and playing. Forgetting that they are deed sometimes and bringing themselves back to life. 😂 sort of expected that at some point given the time of year. I deliberately put the phone away to avoid that cause I have been guilty more than once. 🙈

Vlad Magic
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Unfortunately not.

Not that I’m aware of anyway?

redjambo
2 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

Ah, I didn't realise that the doc could save himself. Physician, heal thyself!

jambosean75
Just now, redjambo said:

Ah, I didn't realise that the doc could save himself. Physician, heal thyself!

you just cant make the same save 2 nights running

iantjambo
10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Don’t think it would be possible to be honest. It would be a massive disadvantage to the goons as the trust list would be huge.

Edited by iantjambo

iantjambo
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Some of the best games in the past have been people getting absolutely rat arsed and playing. Forgetting that they are deed sometimes and bringing themselves back to life. 😂 sort of expected that at some point given the time of year. I deliberately put the phone away to avoid that cause I have been guilty more than once. 🙈

I remember the game that I ran and I’m sure it was you that got killed by the goons and then went onto posting a massive theory (complete with vote) the following day. I punished the town hard for that :lol:

redjambo
2 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

you just cant make the same save 2 nights running

:thumb:

redjambo
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Don’t think it would be possible to be honest. It would be a massive disadvantage to the goons as the trust lost would be huge.

Ah yes, it was a stupid idea! :D

8 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

Cheers Sean. Didn't realise I was looking that trustworthy!

redjambo
5 minutes ago, Boof said:

Cheers Sean. Didn't realise I was looking that trustworthy!

Thanks for your voting summaries and other info, btw. very useful.

Vlad Magic
11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I play the game better drunk.

Looking back to lockdown the mixture of booze and Mafia probably got me through. 

Think it was @iantjambo on my team and I went a bit mental. The rule book went out the window much to his annoyance🤣

iantjambo
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

I play the game better drunk.

Looking back to lockdown the mixture of booze and Mafia probably got me through. 

Think it was @iantjambo on my team and I went a bit mental. The rule book went out the window much to his annoyance🤣

You’re a bloody nightmare to be on a team with :lol:

AlimOzturk
13 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I remember the game that I ran and I’m sure it was you that got killed by the goons and then went onto posting a massive theory (complete with vote) the following day. I punished the town hard for that :lol:

I remember that. I wasn’t very popular for that one. 😂😂

Vlad Magic
4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

You’re a bloody nightmare to be on a team with :lol:

I can imagine!

Changes man now 👍

Who can forget when I was the turncoat and entered into a group chat about Vlad w****** on camera. Wild. 

Or a personal favourite of mine was when peaky was having an actual heart attack and I was getting him to vote so the goons could win :rofl:

iantjambo
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I remember that. I wasn’t very popular for that one. 😂😂

Iirc, it ultimately lost the town the game. I disabled the docs save as punishment on the next night activities. I still asked the doc who their save would be and it was the same player that the goons chose. It ended up being the turncoat :rofl:

iantjambo
1 minute ago, Shapes said:

Or a personal favourite of mine was when peaky was having an actual heart attack and I was getting him to vote so the goons could win :rofl:

Wtf? I don’t remember that :lol:

Peakybunnet
25 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

One of the classic games Alim 😀

Peakybunnet
3 minutes ago, Shapes said:

from my death bed I think I just managed it 

redjambo
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Iirc, it ultimately lost the town the game. I disabled the docs save as punishment on the next night activities. I still asked the doc who their save would be and it was the same player that the goons chose. It ended up being the turncoat :rofl:

Is a "turncoat" another role?

iantjambo

My favourite game is a game in which I was a goon and we actually lost. I was goon with Shapes and two others (can’t remember who) but we’d had an awful game. 3 of us were dead and only Shapes was left with still a few days to go. It was obvious that Shapes was the last goon, some of the town even pointed out that she had to be the goon. However, she managed to convince them all that she was good, it was absolutely epic. We ended up only losing on the flip of a coin. We lost that game but it felt like a win. Wish I still had the goon chat for it, it was hilarious :lol:

AlimOzturk
Just now, redjambo said:

Turncoat doesn’t know they are the turn cost. They believe they are vanilla townie. If they are found by the goons they become a “turncoat” and join their ranks. 

iantjambo
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Similar to the princess role in this game but is only available to the goons.

AlimOzturk
Just now, iantjambo said:

My favourite game is a game in which I was a goon and we actually lost. I was goon with Shapes and two others (can’t remember who) but we’d had an awful game. 3 of us were dead and only Shapes was left with still a few days to go. It was obvious that Shapes was the last goon, some of the town even pointed out that she had to be the goon. However, she managed to convince them all that she was good, it was absolutely epic. We ended up only losing on the flip of a coin. We lost that game but it felt like a win. Wish I still had the goon chat for it, it was hilarious :lol:

Shapes is ridiculously good at the game. So

much so it is hard for her to survive in games as people often target her early. 

redjambo
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Turncoat doesn’t know they are the turn cost. They believe they are vanilla townie. If they are found by the goons they become a “turncoat” and join their ranks. 

Aha! Cheers.

redjambo
4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Just on this one game that I've played, with my knowing that Stuart was a goon, he put up a very strong defence indeed. I was most impressed - it didn't sway my certitude (he had been investigated) but I thought it would certainly sway others and was one of the reasons I had to be more exposed in my comments.

Tommy Brown

First time goon, good to see goings on behind the scenes. Rudi played a stormer.

redjambo
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

First time goon, good to see goings on behind the scenes. Rudi played a stormer.

He most certainly did. if it's not giving away state secrets, how did you decide that he would be the rogue agent? Was he given latitude or were all his moves pre-planned?

P.S. If you think it's best not to spoil the surprise/fun and for me to learn for myself in a future game, no problem.

Edited by redjambo

One of my favourite games was being in a goon team with Prince and we managed to win before he even read the PM notification :lol: 

It helped being able to vote him off as he'd've been a guaranteed mod-kill.

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

He most certainly did. if it's not giving away state secrets, how did you decide that he would be the rogue agent? Was he given latitude or were all his moves pre-planned?

P.S. If you think it's best not to spoil the surprise/fun and for me to learn for myself in a future game, no problem.

Couldn't possibly say.

:lol:

redjambo
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Couldn't possibly say.

:lol:

:D Good goon.

yvonnejambo
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Just on this one game that I've played, with my knowing that Stuart was a goon, he put up a very strong defence indeed. I was most impressed - it didn't sway my certitude (he had been investigated) but I thought it would certainly sway others and was one of the reasons I had to be more exposed in my comments.

You should search for previous games as they can be fun to read over 😁

yvonnejambo
23 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Who can forget when I was the turncoat and entered into a group chat about Vlad w****** on camera. Wild. 

Yeah that was a game I run and was interesting group chat 😂

Stuart McNeill

Thanks for the game clare.

I completely forgot about that game where peaky was on his deathbed. Hahaha. 

My moment of the game was yvonne calling me out knowing I'd probably pretend to be another role 😂

Redjambo i hope you continue to play, I'd have probably went for you a bit more in terms of your posting but I think most knew you were a mason by that point