Christos Karapidis calls on Hearts fans to lay off the abuse

Romulus

Guest JamboRobbo

Aye right.

Don't embarrass the jersey, don't get stick. It's pretty simple.

If he (or any other player) cannie handle it, then they are in the wrong job.

I'll tell you what - I'd appreciate a bit of commitment and effort from the players to give us a reason to give them backing. Sell outs for pretty much the past 3 seasons, and for the last two, the players haven't even bothered to try a leg.

So don't tell us you need more backing from the fans you bunch of overpaid slackers.

The players should remember days like Motherwell away in the cup last year. They should remember all the embarrasments they put on in front of sold out Tynecastle on numerous occasions. They should publically apologies, and vow to make it up to us.

Not have a go because the fans have eventually said enough is enough and given them a bit of stick. They deserve every bit of stick they have had, plus a lot lot more for the "performances" and effort levels I've witnessed from them.

If he doesn't bottle out of any headers or tackles this season then he won't get any abuse from me.

I agree with him 100%

new season, new manager, a fresh start for all is in order.

Can we atleast give them the benifit of the doubt and back them for a change.

Deep wounds take longer to heal :(

Dunno where I stand on this. I agree with you. I agree with JR

Guest JamboRobbo
Too easy for numbnuts to boo as they are used to it. I agree with Karipidis.

So you don't think the players have done anything to earn some of the stick they've received?

You actually think they've given t they're best in training and matches over the past couple of years?

Deep wounds take longer to heal :(

Dunno where I stand on this. I agree with you. I agree with JR

Well, we have a new manager now and it is his job to find out the watsers and the genuine players with commitment.

I think we should back the managers judgement and hope that he can see who the slackers are and ship them out.

booing them is never gonna help the situation and also has an adverse affect on the manager as he has put that team on the park.

give them a chance to turn it around.

ToadKiller Dog

If he is talking about the unnecessary booing of Elliott in belfast and at half time in fife (which i think he is) then i agree with him ,we are in a period of trying to evaluate the squad with a new manager and looking to move forward ,so yes he has a point.

If he was saying they the players did not deserve to be booed last season which he isnt then JR and co would have the stronger point.

Im with JamboRobbo on this one.

Weve been short changed the last 2 years by guys picking up more money a month than most of the supporters get a year!!

When teams/players are performing they get the plaudits.

When they're not...well you know what happens

BOOOO

Guest juvehearts
Aye right.

I'll tell you what - I'd appreciate a bit of commitment and effort from the players to give us a reason to give them backing. Sell outs for pretty much the past 3 seasons, and for the last two, the players haven't even bothered to try a leg.

So don't tell us you need more backing from the fans you bunch of overpaid slackers.

The players should remember days like Motherwell away in the cup last year. They should remember all the embarrasments they put on in front of sold out Tynecastle on numerous occasions. They should publically apologies, and vow to make it up to us.

Not have a go because the fans have eventually said enough is enough and given them a bit of stick. They deserve every bit of stick they have had, plus a lot lot more for the "performances" and effort levels I've witnessed from them.

agreed 100%

to come out & say this afyer the last 2 seasons is beyond comtempt,

christos, instead of maoning about the fans booing you & sticking up for your pal club who kannae hit a cow's erse with a banjo.

get YOUR performances in order 1st.

unbelieviable that he can come out & say something like this,

are we as hearts fans ment to accept 8th place last season & let YOU get away with woefl after woeful performances time & time again??

See this is the problem with hearts & moddern football these days,

no-one wants to play for the shirt, all about the ???.

Christos Karapidis GTF & take your chum clum with you, imposter :mad: :mad:

jambos are go!

Sadly there is a significant rump of supporters who revel in rounding on the players. They need to be weeded out. Karipidis taking this stance is to his great credit. The way young players and foriegners have been pilloried leaves a really bad anti Hearts taste in the mouth.

Dr. Bapswent

A player who plays well, and professionally will still receive the boo's of a poor team.

People booing cannot selectively target their boos after the final whistle.

People need to realize the boos do affect players, they are not emotionless robots, and shouldn't be expected to be.

If the fans want to be part of making the team they are supposed to support job more difficult, then keep booing.

But if you want to actually help them along, try supporting them.

If he is talking about the unnecessary booing of Elliott in belfast and at half time in fife (which i think he is) then i agree with him ,we are in a period of trying to evaluate the squad with a new manager and looking to move forward ,so yes he has a point.

If he was saying they the players did not deserve to be booed last season which he isnt then JR and co would have the stronger point.

Imo....the slate should be wiped clean. the new manager should be able to put his sqaud out without the added pressure of having to try and please the fans. He has to make do with what he has untill new players are sanctioned and if they are great, if not then he has to motivtate these guys and get their chins up again. they seriously lack confidence and booing just will not help them. The team means the fans and the team. we need to start a fresh together! ;)

Together

Everyone

Achieves

More

Hopefully he will be one of the 1st to be emptied by Csaba. Makes Jim Weir look a good signing for us.

Guest JamboRobbo
Sadly there is a significant rump of supporters who revel in rounding on the players. They need to be weeded out. Karipidis taking this stance is to his great credit. The way young players and foriegners have been pilloried leaves a really bad anti Hearts taste in the mouth.

Do you think the players have given all they had to give in the past 2 years? Honestly?

If yes, have you actually been to games? If not, how can you possibly defend them?

Seymour M Hersh
A player who plays well, and professionally will still receive the boo's of a poor team.

People need to realize the boos do affect players, they are not emotionless robots, and shouldn't be expected to be.

If the fans want to be part of making the team they are supposed to support job more difficult, then keep booing.

I would concur with this Dr B. After all we are all in this "together"!!:)

Drylaw Hearts

Karapidis should have made a public plea to his fellow squad members to give 100% effort to the team and for the fans that turn up and pay to watch the majority of these players deliver substandard and lazy performences week-in and week-out.

Our contribution is nowhere near as vital as the players.

Guest juvehearts

How can you expect anyone to support someone when they wont give 100% for the club?

Guest JamboRobbo
Karapidis should have made a public plea to his fellow squad members to give 100% effort to the team and for the fans

that turn up and pay to watch the majority of these players deliver substandard and lazy performences week-in and week-out.

Exactly.

We_are_the_Hearts
Karapidis should have made a public plea to his fellow squad members to give 100% effort to the team and for the fans that turn up and pay to watch the majority of these players deliver substandard and lazy performences week-in and week-out.

SPOT ON!! If they were playing for an Italian club they would have been set upon by now!! Get yer fingers out, the Hearts fans have been patient with you but enough is enough.

Dr. Bapswent

So your suggesting a chicken and egg situation.

They need to play for you to support, and they need the support (to an extent ) to help them play.

The only problem is, your also suggesting you will withhold any sort of full committed 'support' until they do their part first.

If its symbiotic, then thats simply making everyones job more difficult.

Clean slate (it may be tough to do, but as we have a new manager who wants the same, I suggests giving him the respect he asks for) is whats needed, and IMO the sensible and grown up approach to take.

Holding a grudge against the players and manager (not Vlad) is a childish spurned approach, that helps no one.

Seymour M Hersh
Feck right off Karipidas,the quicker the you and the other non triers go the better

Nonsense!

Karipidis may not be the best CH we've ever had but certainly tries.

ToadKiller Dog
Imo....the slate should be wiped clean. the new manager should be able to put his sqaud out without the added pressure of having to try and please the fans. He has to make do with what he has untill new players are sanctioned and if they are great, if not then he has to motivtate these guys and get their chins up again. they seriously lack confidence and booing just will not help them. The team means the fans and the team. we need to start a fresh together! ;)

Together

Everyone

Achieves

More

WE ALL STAND TOGETHER

Nucky Thompson
So you don't think the players have done anything to earn some of the stick they've received?

You actually think they've given t they're best in training and matches over the past couple of years?

So do you think it will help them play better if they get yelled at and abused during a game? Some of the abuse starts before they have put a foot wrong:cool: You can actually feel some fans waiting for their target to lose the ball etc.. so they can start:mad: I wish some of those clowns would just GTF..

SPOT ON!! If they were playing for an Italian club they would have been set upon by now!! Get yer fingers out, the Hearts fans have been patient with you but enough is enough.

Good one...It's the start of pre-season...and you and many other are still trying to justify booing the team.

How about we let the manager get his point accross and his system tried and tested on the pitch, without having to listen the fans booing a team trying to adjust.

Last season has been and gone.

Do you think the players have given all they had to give in the past 2 years? Honestly?

If yes, have you actually been to games? If not, how can you possibly defend them?

I haven't been to any games but sadly from what I have seen, HW, TV etc that team was not full of people trying, there were a number of what they describe in hockey as floaters.

I agree with him 100%

new season, new manager, a fresh start for all is in order.

Can we atleast give them the benifit of the doubt and back them for a change.

the best thing karipidis can do is keep his big gob shut and start producing on the pitch with his team mates.

never, never have a go at the customers as they are the ones who pay to watch their team and can't stand impostors posing as hearts players.

Drylaw Hearts

They need to play for you to support, and they need the support (to an extent ) to help them play.

The only problem is, your also suggesting you will withhold any sort of full committed 'support' until they do their part first.

Clean slate (it may be tough to do, but as we have a new manager who wants the same, I suggests giving him the respect he asks for) is whats needed, and IMO the sensible and grown up approach to take.

Holding a grudge against the players and manager (not Vlad) is a childish spurned approach, that helps no one.

No chicken and egg at all.

The players owe the fans and they will have to show US they are capable of giving 100%.

When they do I suspect the fans will follow suit.

BTW....

Nowhere did I suggest I would withhold my commited support.

Please don't make things up to try and aid your arguement.

Drylaw Hearts
the best thing karipidis can do is keep his big gob shut and start producing on the pitch with his team mates.

Simple.

Their lack of combined effort has partially caused this bad feeling from some of the fans.

ToadKiller Dog

A 13 second interview achieves this level of hatred towards Karipidis he and the players dont stand a chance with the righteous folk on here.

Guest JamboRobbo
So do you think it will help them play better if they get yelled at and abused during a game?

Nope, never said it would.

Just pointing out that if they give their best each week, I doubt they'll get much stick.

And if they don't give their best each week, then they deserve stick IMO.

Guest JamboRobbo
I haven't been to any games but sadly from what I have seen, HW, TV etc that team was not full of people trying, there were a number of what they describe in hockey as floaters.

Youre' spot on with that bob. Hiding, or passengers, is what it tends to be called in football circles. We've got a load of them.

Dr. Bapswent
No chicken and egg at all.

The players owe the fans and they will have to show US they are capable of giving 100%.

When they do I suspect the fans will follow suit.

BTW....

Nowhere did I suggest I would withhold my commited support.

Please don't make things up to try and aid your arguement.

Its a point for debate, no need to throw your toys out the pram about it.

Im not aiding my 'argument' as you put it, just trying to discuss the pro's and con's of the situation.

No need to get so defensive about it.

if i was working under the conditions in the mad house i wouldn't be giving a flying ---- either.play well one week dropped the next. subbed on the hour every game whether your playing well or not, players turning up late or not at all to training yet getting a game on the saturday while you sit in the stand.

all the booers should have a word, its the way the madones been running the club thats caused all this. singling out players and giving them stick just makes it worse and booing the whole team, what can you say. if i was one of the ones that was trying i know where i'd be telling the fans to stick it.

you want some ^^^^ to boo, go to lithuania and boo the person responsible. nae point shooting the indians, when the chiefs still kickin about.

Aye right.

Agreed.

IMO, with the squad that we have, 100% effort and commitment would GUARANTEE top six football (not that I think that is the be all and end all btw). I would appreciate more effort from the players for the money that I have spent supporting this team, money that I often cannot afford.

Once they do their job correctly they can come and question how I (or anybody else) supports the team.

Guest JamboRobbo
Nonsense!

Karipidis may not be the best CH we've ever had but certainly tries.

Aye, he tries. So long as there is no danger of him hurting himself by putting his head or body in where it hurts........

QUOTE]

i can't disagree with your point in general but to pay devils advocate for a moment...

does the fact that they've not played well in recent years permit us to boo them when they walk on to the park this season? as someone else ponits out this is hardly likely to inspire them to try and make up for past failings or enthuse them on to greater things.

i agree with your stance in general but suspect some degree of compromise is required, whereby they try and pull their socks up and the support give them the chance to wipe the slate clean.

all bar the ill advised elliot who for his 'i can't wait to get out of here but will wait and see who the next boss is' line during his rentaquote summer can quite simply do one. you're either for the cause or not. we are and as we fund the cause we feel we have the right to be opinionated Calum.

We pay, they get paid, if they do their jobs properly they'll merit support. End of story. The players have merited boo's in the past few seasons and if they don't buck up their ideas they'll continue to be boo'd.

As a non-booer, I would say that I supported my heart out for the team for the majority of last season and that made not a jot of difference either.

The logical conclusion of your argument is that if booing puts them off, genuine right behind them cheering and singing should inspire them / improve their efforts

That plainly didnt turn out like that last season

Bottom line is if it is seen the players are putting their all into games the booing will stop.

I agree, though, that booing doesnt bring much to the table.

jambos are go!

I'm a long term ST holder. My post was attacking some so called fans and its not possible to defend them. Lets stick to the fans failures -have they given decent support or are they a mixture of self obsessed,bigoted, torn faced disasters . The clues are there as they say. SOH achieved great things but unfortunately convinced a few malcontents that they mattered if they shouted loud enough.

Get behind the team or get to the front of the bus queue.

Drylaw Hearts
Its a point for debate, no need to throw your toys out the pram about it.

Im not aiding my 'argument' as you put it, just trying to discuss the pro's and con's of the situation.

No need to get so defensive about it.

No pram, no toys and no throwing Dr B.

But you clearly stated that I had suggested I would withhold my commited support untill the team gave 100%.

I said no such thing.

Guest JamboRobbo

i can't disagree with your point in general but to pay devils advocate for a moment...

does the fact that they've not played well in recent years permit us to boo them when they walk on to the park this season?

A fair point mate' date=' and no, it doesn't. But I think those players failing to give their best for a two year period, means they are justifiably on a short tether. First signs of a repeat of their pervious lack of effort, and they deserve to get stick IMO.

as someone else ponits out this is hardly likely to inspire them to try and make up for past failings or enthuse them on to greater things.

i agree with your stance in general but suspect some degree of compromise is required, whereby they try and pull their socks up and the support give them the chance to wipe the slate clean.

all bar the ill advised elliot who for his 'i can't wait to get out of here but will wait and see who the next boss is' line during his rentaquote summer can quite simply do one. you're either for the cause or not. we are and as we fund the cause we feel we have the right to be opinionated Calum.

Agree we need to back them, so long as they produce the performances.

I guess my upset is because IMO, for the past 3 years, we have backed them. With sell outs every week, and, for example, a massive Hearts support travelling through to Motherwell for a midweek cup replay in horrible weather, only for the players to not bother trying.

And for the past 2 years, they've taken the **** by not bothering to put in 100%.

IMO, Right now, the ball is in their court. Show me they have changed and give 100% each week, and they'll have my full backing. Until they do, I'll be sceptical. Based on having watched most of them not give a **** for a couple of years now.

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm a long term ST holder. My post was attacking some so called fans and its not possible to defend them. Lets stick to the fans failures -have they given decent support or are they a mixture of self obsessed,bigoted, torn faced disasters . The clues are there as they say. SOH achieved great things but unfortunately convinced a few malcontents that they mattered if they shouted loud enough.

Get behind the team or get to the front of the bus queue.

That'll be a no, you can't honestly say you think the players have given their best then......;)

As for fans backing, did I imagine the sold out tynie? Plenty SPL players would appreciate playing in front of a full stadium.

all fair comment JR as i said cannae disagree with your stance.

the niggling worry i have is that too many of the current squad no nothing other than the down beat atmposphere of the last couple of years and have accepted mediocrity as the norm. very few of the current playing staff can have witnessed the true value of how powerful the maroon platoon can be, the vast swathes that backed them at Hampden and had Tyne regularly jumping during heights of Burely and Jefferies era.

suspect its gonna take as much of an effort off the park as it is on to get anywhere near back to those days but have been most impressed with the cut of csaba's gib in this respect thus far. the t'ogether' nonsense is a wee bit too walmart for me but is based on solid principles. fingers crossed.

Archived