Our Two Main Problems

Makween

I think that our two main problems last season were that we didn't score enough goals and we conceded too many goals.

Does anyone else think that if we scored more goals and conceded less, we'd probably win more games? I'd welcome your opinions on this, keep them constructive please.

Guest JamboRobbo

Scoring more goals and conceding less goals is allwell and good.

But I reckon we need to win more games.

If we win more games, and lose less games, I think we might end up with more points. If we end up with more points, it might help us finish higher up the table.

It's either that, or it's the damn monkeys faults. So unless we can shoot all the monkeys, winning more games is the easiest solution to all our problems.

**** off with your negative pish

We will win the league this year

Guarenteed

Believe

You know, I think we've hit on something here. I cant believe we have'nt thought of this before!! Genius does'nt even begin to descibe you Makween!!! :P

Seymour M Hersh
**** off with your negative pish

We will win the league this year

Guarenteed

Believe

Tick tock!! :107years:

I just got off the phone to Tynie, told them to tell Csaba if we score one more goal than the opposition in every game this season we'll win the treble ;)

I just got off the phone to Tynie, told them to tell Csaba if we score one more goal than the opposition in every game this season we'll win the treble ;)

Well done, we have to move quickly on this one, before other teams catch on!! :cool:

rumbles1874

this idea of winning more games than losing is so out there i dont think i could handle this

Well done, we have to move quickly on this one, before other teams catch on!! :cool:

Keep this quiet too. If we had got more point than Falkirk, Aberdeen, Hubs, Dundee Utd and Motherwell we'd have got 3rd spot :)

Tell him to do this in the forthcoming season too ;)

E=MC2 Explained

Albert Einstein is perhaps the most famous scientist ever. One of his most well-known accomplishments is the formula

Despite its familiarity, many people don't really understand what it means. We hope this explanation will help!

One of Einstein's great insights was to realize that matter and energy are really different forms of the same thing. Matter can be turned into energy, and energy into matter.

For example, consider a simple hydrogen atom, basically composed of a single proton. This subatomic particle has a mass of

0.000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 001 672 kg

This is a tiny mass indeed. But in everyday quantities of matter there are a lot of atoms! For instance, in one kilogram of pure water, the mass of hydrogen atoms amounts to just slightly more than 111 grams, or 0.111 kg.

Einstein's formula tells us the amount of energy this mass would be equivalent to, if it were all suddenly turned into energy. It says that to find the energy, you multiply the mass by the square of the speed of light, this number being 300,000,000 meters per second (a very large number):

= 0.111 x 300,000,000 x 300,000,000

= 10,000,000,000,000,000 Joules

This is an incredible amount of energy! A Joule is not a large unit of energy ... one Joule is about the energy released when you drop a textbook to the floor.

So there you go.

E=MC2 Explained

Albert Einstein is perhaps the most famous scientist ever. One of his most well-known accomplishments is the formula

Despite its familiarity, many people don't really understand what it means. We hope this explanation will help!

One of Einstein's great insights was to realize that matter and energy are really different forms of the same thing. Matter can be turned into energy, and energy into matter.

For example, consider a simple hydrogen atom, basically composed of a single proton. This subatomic particle has a mass of

This is a tiny mass indeed. But in everyday quantities of matter there are a lot of atoms! For instance, in one kilogram of pure water, the mass of hydrogen atoms amounts to just slightly more than 111 grams, or 0.111 kg.

Einstein's formula tells us the amount of energy this mass would be equivalent to, if it were all suddenly turned into energy. It says that to find the energy, you multiply the mass by the square of the speed of light, this number being 300,000,000 meters per second (a very large number):

This is an incredible amount of energy! A Joule is not a large unit of energy ... one Joule is about the energy released when you drop a textbook to the floor.

So there you go.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

jamtartsandbees
E=MC2 Explained

So there you go.

Ok so water has the potential to make a big bang !

I'm still struggling with the goals/ games things though.

I think that our two main problems last season were that we didn't score enough goals and we conceded too many goals.

Does anyone else think that if we scored more goals and conceded less, we'd probably win more games? I'd welcome your opinions on this, keep them constructive please.

I thought you avoided the Friday Night Drinking thread, you seem to have started it early this week.;)

scott herbertson

Sorry i don't understand this

Is it something to do with the diamond formation?

having managed and coached from 8 year olds right up to adults, i can say yes.

the 1st thing any new manager has to do is close the back door and make u hard to score against.

do that, and then work on fast break attack, you will be succesfull.

2 trophies (almost 3) last season with Gorgie Hearts proved this theory to me.

surely common sence ?

Midloth_Iain
having managed and coached from 8 year olds right up to adults, i can say yes.

the 1st thing any new manager has to do is close the back door and make u hard to score against.

do that, and then work on fast break attack, you will be succesfull.

2 trophies (almost 3) last season with Gorgie Hearts proved this theory to me.

surely common sence ?

:eek::wacko::eek:

monty_python_witch-701441.jpg

Fellow members of JKB react with fury and dismay at Witch Makween's blackmagic suggestion.

:P:p:p

Hadn't thought of it that way before, but you are definitely onto something. Or on something.....;)

portobellojambo1

Nah, that is old school thinking, not what you need in the modern game.

;)

Pants Shaton

Just checked this with FIFA:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/lotg%5fen%5f55753.pdf

Laws of the game Law 10 (page 31)

Winning Team

The team scoring the greater number of goals during a match is the

winner. If both teams score an equal number of goals, or if no goals

are scored, the match is drawn.

He's right.

Or to put in another way. We were p*sh. :)

Salvatore's Tash

Belter

I've thought of another problem.

What I've realised is that quite a lot of our squad aren't very good at football compared to opposing squads. What we need to do, in my opinion, is sign some players who are better at football than the players currently playing for us. That way, we'll most likely be a better team.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Commander Harris

What I've realised is that quite a lot of our squad aren't very good at football compared to opposing squads. What we need to do, in my opinion, is sign some players who are better at football than the players currently playing for us. That way, we'll most likely be a better team.

you've gone over my head with that kind of talk professor. :confused:

I agree.

We essentially need attackers with a higher level of ability than the opposing defenders to score the goals AND defenders better than the opposing attackers to stop the goals go in as well as a keeper that stops the ball going in the goal no matter where they aim it.

This thread epitomises everything that is wrong with this site

Its clearly a wind up and its getting a shedload of serious replies :rolleyes:

peebles jambo
Have I just woken up in Peebles Dorothy?

hey, that's a bit harsh, i was going to ask if the op was a rocket scientist, thinking like that :rolleyes:

You just solved two problems in one thread, well done that man! Why didn't any of the rest of us realise these things! Duh!!

portobellojambo1

I would class it more as sarcasm, in that the OP is stating the obvious, but it is all totally harmless (to call it a reflection of the site in general is, well just poofy).

Anyway, I am away out to partake of some alcoholic beverages.

Fu**ing hell, we have an Einstein here.

Serious replies!? Your havin a laugh! So both you and Makween are both at the wind-up then?

I don't get it when I shout "just score, Hearts!" at games and they don't go on and do it. It's obviously good advice.

I don't get it when I shout "just score, Hearts!" at games and they don't go on and do it. It's obviously good advice.

Maybe they dont hear you?? :)

Prancer, try looking a wee bit closer to home.:thumb:

Broxburn_Jambo

??? You think???

Archived