Top things you hate about winter in general, and Christmas in particular...

Morgan

il Duce McTarkin
17 hours ago, OBE said:

Not having exited children around doing your box in...:(

Mine have been bouncing off the walls for just over a week. I'd say it's been worse than the spring silly season. Doing my tits in but loving it, tbf

16 hours ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

We could all just throw snowballs at them 

I think my vote would be for you to be dictator rather than Des.

highlandjambo3

The weeg “phenomenal” irn bru advert……same shit wheeled out every year…….the weeg “scotto” lottery advert……..the weeg listereen advert with the donkey 🤷‍♂️what’s that about.  River city, watched only by the weeg………in fact anything weeg can gtf 🤬

3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

The weeg “phenomenal” irn bru advert……same shit wheeled out every year…….the weeg “scotto” lottery advert……..the weeg listereen advert with the donkey 🤷‍♂️what’s that about.  River city, watched only by the weeg………in fact anything weeg can gtf 🤬

on similar lines, the irn bru snowman advert has been on again this christmas but not had any words sung during it. 

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

on similar lines, the irn bru snowman advert has been on again this christmas but not had any words sung during it. 

Yes…I noticed that….dunno why 🤷‍♂️

Christmas is just a total faff. Loads of money and time spent preparing for a day that's lost all relevance really. 

As for winter, aye the dark nights can get a bit long and dull after a while and when it's bitterly cold and/or pissing down and blowing a gale, it's shite, but generally, I like winter. Suits my dress sense better, love long dark nights out drinking and always plenty football on. Canny beat a cosy evening on the couch watching football with a beer.

periodictabledancer

That it's almost never "winter" any more - no snow , no frost , just pouring rain, mud & sodden fields.   Went for  a walk this morning with the dugs and it didn't feel a bit like Christmas. 

The Real Maroonblood
56 minutes ago, Rick James said:

Christmas is just a total faff. Loads of money and time spent preparing for a day that's lost all relevance really. 

As for winter, aye the dark nights can get a bit long and dull after a while and when it's bitterly cold and/or pissing down and blowing a gale, it's shite, but generally, I like winter. Suits my dress sense better, love long dark nights out drinking and always plenty football on. Canny beat a cosy evening on the couch watching football with a beer.

It’s overhyped pish.

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That the Christmas lights come down too early.

People should get a council tax discount for keeping them up till end January. 

😀 - I like it.

The whole point of a mid winter festival is to cheer everyone up a bit. This time of year is miserable. 
If it wasn’t Christmas it would be something else. In fact there has always been something going on at this time of year going back several millennia. Get pissed, spend all your money and get up to no good. Why the hell not.

Konrad von Carstein

The low grey cloud, the damp, arriving at work and leaving in darkness, rain, cold...and then the utter bollox that is the "festive" season.

Unless you have kids that still believe in Santa Claus, Christmas is just one in a series of money making schemes, Easter, Mother and Father's day, Valentine's.

IMG_20231222_200034.jpg

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

6 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

The low grey cloud, the damp, arriving at work and leaving in darkness, rain, cold...and then the utter bollox that is the "festive" season.

Unless you have kids that still believe in Santa Claus, Christmas is just one in a series of money making schemes, Easter, Mother and Father's day, Valentine's.

IMG_20231222_200034.jpg

That's some selfie

Edinburgh and how they've turned a thing of beauty into generic tat via Princess Street Gardens.

And even worse us placid shitebags let them despite it belonging to us.

Plus the fact its shit.

It's like generic shopping centres.

If there has to be anything an ice rink or just the backdrop.

19 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Mine have been bouncing off the walls for just over a week. I'd say it's been worse than the spring silly season. Doing my tits in but loving it, tbf

:scenes::jjockio::rudiyas:

Very much agree with Morgan about the dark mornings being a struggle. 

It doesn’t get light here until 8:30 in the morning and I really need to drag myself out of bed. In the summer I’ll happily wake up at 6:30am naturally and with energy. 

On 22/12/2023 at 20:11, iantjambo said:

The low sun when you’re driving, is about the only thing about winter that I hate.

I would give a bollock for some low sun the now instead of this Ayrshire gale force windy bucketing down piss.