Stuart McNeill
Tams bird
thehibsareintheirbeds
tian447
William H. Bonney
yvonnejambo

:smiliz19: 

Game on (in a couple of moments).....

It's late at night, as it always is when the game gets under way.  Video coming up.  :smiliz23:

The object of the game is to be the last Secret Santa detected, and the game winner gets a prize worth £200.

There's also a consolation prize to the value of £50.  I'll post more about that later.

Once you've viewed the video, you post guesses as to who got what for whom. Or you can post guesses without bothering to look at the video at all. :santa: :th_Rage2:

You can guess who got a present for you, or for any other player. But you can only post one guess at a time. Once you post a guess, you can't post another one until it's confirmed that your guess was right or wrong. Any extra guesses you post are to be ignored - whether right or wrong.

Only players can make guesses.  If a non-player makes a guess I'll report them to the m0d20r5. :ninja:

The only people who can confirm if a guess is right or wrong are the player named in the guess, Ulysses, or one of my elves (I sometimes employ elves on quite shit contracts).

Even if you're detected and eliminated from the game, you can still keep guessing to out other Secret Santas.

Players can reply to guesses about them - but you should first check to make sure that the person is allowed to make the guess (in other words a player who isn't waiting on a reply to a previous guess), and if you do reply then you have to reply truthfully. If you post a false reply, you'll be outed by me. :smiliz23:

But of course you are also allowed to say nothing if you prefer - but then people might gang up on you.

Short and simple:  One guess at a time, and you have to wait for the player you name or me (or an elf, if I hire an elf, and if an elf is daft enough to work for the kind of cash I offer) to confirm if your guess is right or wrong before you can guess again.

Ho Ho, feckin' Ho. :smiliz19:

On 20/12/2023 at 12:47, Negan said:

I'm in but I still have no idea how this works?:cornette:

It's quite easy! 

You take turns in guessing who got a gift for who.  You can guess who got your gift, or who got a gift for anyone!  You are not limited to your own gift, so you can say "I think X got a gift for Y".  As reminded by Uly, you do have to be an active poster in the game to make a guess!!

Once you have posted your guess, you have to wait for either the person who you have mentioned to confirm or deny your guess (no lying in this one), or for Grandmaster @Ulysses or their elves to do the same.  Once your guess has been confirmed as completely garbage, you can guess again :thumbsup:   Eventually, you'll fluke your way to guessing correctly.  Once someone has been "guessed", they are out of the running, and we keep going collectively until the last person remains.

Usually takes a while, usually results in some sort of argument (last year's meltdown was magnificent), and is generally a good laugh!

Edited by tian447

11 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Because he specifically had to be reminded to post a gift, I would like to guess @Jeff for me?

Nope.  :santa: 

Just now, iantjambo said:

A Woolies gift voucher? :rofl:

Morgan?

And nope.  :santa: 

9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

You take turns in guessing who got a gift for who.  You can guess who got your gift, or who got a gift for anyone!  You are not limited to your own gift, so you can say "I think X got a gift for Y".

But you do have to be in the game to make a guess.  :smiliz34:

4 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

But you do have to be in the game to make a guess.  :smiliz34:

Negan didn't get a gift for anyone then? :lol: 

Boo!

The game's on, and I'm away for the night.  :santa: 

No Secret Santas have been detected so far.  Make some guesses over night, and I'll be back in the morning with an update. :santa2: 

Ho Ho, jingle all the way, Ho.  :smiliz19: