*** official Celtic v Heart Of Midlothian match thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Surely he gets a break now?🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.     🤞🏻

From me definitely, not that it means much obviously 😆. These are the days that keep us going 🤪

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• alicante jambo

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I got up this morning glazed eyed. Xmas drinking. No way I was watching this as like us all I had no belief we'd do anything. I had to double take when I looked at result. Never had a feeling like that before. Apparently it's called happiness. Wow. Just wow. So very proud of the boys today. Packed out ground of biggot who all got clamped. Brilliant. Those goals are very special also. One happy camper. ♥️♥️G♥️

Last time I hadn’t looked at our result was Magic Johnstons HT at Ibrox, remember that feeling well 😆

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Just back from the pub, quite embarrassed about my reactions but ,dry humping the hero Celtic fan in front of his worshippers in green and white following ,would’ve done after the second goal but then the whole pub singing HHGH as I was leaving will live with me forever bearing in mind none of them follow us? God bless them all on the pitch today ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️.    ♥️

No need to embarrassed, sounds like a good day 👍🏽👏🏾

Just to say, not been on here today, BUT ! Oh what a day to be a Jambo !  I haven't been to sellick park in years, I wouldn't go now, but how I envy and admire the brave Jambos that were there today. Well done lads, and well done the Hearts on a great win away in Glesca. I'm so proud. 

This doesn't fix all our problems by any means, but it sure makes me feel better for a while, and I can't wait to take my seat at Tynie next week. Let's beat the Midden, and we can go into Christmas feeling good before the Derby, and another 3 points. Get in there my lovely Heart of Midlothian !!! 'Mon The Heeeeaaaarrrrttttssss ! 

south morocco
10 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Just to say, not been on here today, BUT ! Oh what a day to be a Jambo !  I haven't been to sellick park in years, I wouldn't go now, but how I envy and admire the brave Jambos that were there today. Well done lads, and well done the Hearts on a great win away in Glesca. I'm so proud. 

This doesn't fix all our problems by any means, but it sure makes me feel better for a while, and I can't wait to take my seat at Tynie next week. Let's beat the Midden, and we can go into Christmas feeling good before the Derby, and another 3 points. Get in there my lovely Heart of Midlothian !!! 'Mon The Heeeeaaaarrrrttttssss ! 

Definitely, looking forward to next week now!!

8 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Definitely, looking forward to next week now!!

This doesn't make us world beaters or anything like it, but today we played the right way in the weeg. We didn't go all out and leave ourselves exposed, neither did we totally sit in and let them batter us into submission. We knew they'd hit us hard, we defended solidly, and when the chances came, (admittedly from set peice, rather than anything we really created) we feckin' took them for once. A big win, but a small, important step forward. Three very big points. Thank you HMFC.

Edit to add, Their finishing was hilariously bad !! :laugh2:

Edited by whodanny

Just finished watching the replay on Hearts TV, and what's striking to me is that obviously we had the ball for a total of about 5 minutes in the second half, but the number of true heart-in-mouth moments from them were fairly low. A couple blocked shots and Maeda's whiffed sitter late in the game, but it was reminiscent of nothing so much as watching a toothless Hearts team wail away against a stoggy Hamilton or St. Johnstone team that was playing stodgy defence. If I were a Celtic fan, I would have found that a hugely frustrating second half to watch. Just no real danger created, no panic in the defence.

Just lovely to watch.

49 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Last time I hadn’t looked at our result was Magic Johnstons HT at Ibrox, remember that feeling well 😆

😂😂

maltese jambo

So happy with the result today and also glad that we, the fans, aren't sniping at each other with the usual "Where's the haters/happy clappers now?" I think we all know its been very tough this season and this is just an amazing result that we just need to enjoy all together.

absolutely brilliant result !

Well done to the boys, and Stevie and his staff.

Special mention to our fans who were there today, hats off to them all.👍

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, whodanny said:

Great post 👍🏽👏🏾

Quite simply im in disbelief,

expected a hammering but was shocked to see an incredible result,

Fair play to all, including Manager, players and Fans.

That was an unexpected but thoroughly deserved 3 points today.

Well done hearts and merry xmas to all jambos. ❤️❤️G❤️!!!

2 hours ago, Oda be a JT said:

Outstanding result, for the manager, the players, the board but most importantly the fans.

Its not been great this season at but results and performances like that today make it worth it - hopefully we kick on and push in from today.

As said, massive congratulations to all - especially those who were there.

Dare I say - well done Mr Levein too 😂 

Yes, he'll also be enjoying a glass or two with a wry smile.

Drylaw Hearts

A result that nobody saw coming….but one that certainly wasn’t undeserved.

It’s clear a rocket has very recently been placed under the backside of Naismith…..and rightly so.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great post 👍🏽👏🏾

Thanks mate. I feel a wee bit emotional tonight. I Love Hearts.

I just watched Brenda's interview. We feckin' rattled him today !!! :HeartsMandance:

Edited by whodanny

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Thanks mate. I feel a wee bit emotional tonight. I Love Hearts.

Indeed, having a wee whisky whilst watching the Sportscene rerun 😆

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, having a wee whisky whilst watching the Sportscene rerun 😆

Exactly what I'm doing. And ! for the most part they're praising us,not calling us lucky or them unlucky, we were good !!. Next up St J v the Hobos . 

If there's a single sub editor worthy of his job, tomorrow we'll see a photo of Shanks and Kingsley with the headline FARTER-KICKERS

****in get in!

Just now, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

If there's a single sub editor worthy of his job, tomorrow we'll see a photo of Shanks and Kingsley with the headline FARTER-KICKERS

****in get in!

Nah, the Headline's will likely be, " they were lucky to beat us"  "we wus robbed" "it's no fair, whit did we dae wrong"  "we're sellick, they urnae allowed to win against us"  and on, and on. Truth is, it was a fine win for Heart of Midlothian. !!

Unbelievable performance. Defending as a team was actually pure joy to watch. Naismith, the coaches, and team have to take a lot of credit. I've been critical of the management this season but some of the personal insults they take on here is ridiculous. Fair play to them tonight!

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Exactly what I'm doing. And ! for the most part they're praising us,not calling us lucky or them unlucky, we were good !!. Next up St J v the Hobos . 

Absolutely. Enjoyed the Saintees win too 🤣

Saw nothing but a heavy defeat today.

****ing magic, the team should be feeling very proud. Love making those manky *******s miserable 😆

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely. Enjoyed the Saintees win too 🤣

A good night to be a Jambo. It's on to next Saturday now. No excuses, three points at home V the Midden, Hoboland for another three, and a well earned winter break. 6 points from the next 2, plus todays 3 points, is not bad going into the break. And still a game in hand !

3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Just finished watching the replay on Hearts TV, and what's striking to me is that obviously we had the ball for a total of about 5 minutes in the second half, but the number of true heart-in-mouth moments from them were fairly low. A couple blocked shots and Maeda's whiffed sitter late in the game, but it was reminiscent of nothing so much as watching a toothless Hearts team wail away against a stoggy Hamilton or St. Johnstone team that was playing stodgy defence. If I were a Celtic fan, I would have found that a hugely frustrating second half to watch. Just no real danger created, no panic in the defence.

Just lovely to watch.

Are you a Hearts fan?????

4 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Just lovely to watch.

Of all the posters here LT, you should be well aware that a good defensive squad with a key quarterback (Grant today?) is usually a winning combination.

Don't ignore Kevin Clancy's role either.  Apart from his reluctance to push back on Celtic's endless free kick and throw in forward creep he got his decisions right, only calling 3 Hearts' fouls and giving our players no cards.

Made a huge difference in the way that the game panned out and their fans knew it too.  

spend the entire day in englandshire, didn't bother checking the score until about 10 minutes from the end (and in some random service station). never wanted to get home so much and sit down with a beer!

Well done to the players and the management team.

just, please, don't make it a wasted 3pts by ****ing up next week!

now 5 drinks in and still rewatching sportscene......brilliant 

17 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Of all the posters here LT, you should be well aware that a good defensive squad with a key quarterback (Grant today?) is usually a winning combination.

Don't ignore Kevin Clancy's role either.  Apart from his reluctance to push back on Celtic's endless free kick and throw in forward creep he got his decisions right, only calling 3 Hearts' fouls and giving our players no cards.

Made a huge difference in the way that the game panned out and their fans knew it too.  

Heh, I've radically decreased the amount of American football I watch over the past decade but point taken. And to be clear I'm not complaining. Normally I'd have described that second half display as "heroic" but it was so calm and professional it's hard to even think of it like that. We just . . . shut the door on them completely.

I thought we would get pumped today. I had no interest until we went 1 then 2 goals up and watched the last 30 mins. 

Great performance. If we were set up better, we could have a right good go at both of the of..both very average just now

I'm sure I read, pre-kick off, that the players are having their Christmas party this weekend.

I wish I was there. 🎄 

I was telling another poster before kick off that we were away to get mullered with that midfield, but Naismith got it spot on. All 3 patrolled their area of the pitch with tenacity and discipline, both positionally and defensively. Aiden was first to both goalscorers, it's great to see how much he cares, but apart from that, it was a man's performance from the lad. I'm still not convinced by what he's got in possession, but in an off the ball game like today he was brilliant, as were Beni and Grant.

2 hours ago, whodanny said:

A good night to be a Jambo. It's on to next Saturday now. No excuses, three points at home V the Midden, Hoboland for another three, and a well earned winter break. 6 points from the next 2, plus todays 3 points, is not bad going into the break. And still a game in hand !

Also got Ross County at home and Livi away before the break. Good opportunity for 10-12 points. 

Go for it 1308
15 hours ago, Spellczech said:

BBC Scotland pundits (except English) trying to talk down Shankland's value immediately after he scores against Celtic...:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

What did those dickheads say after he scored?

4 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

I was telling another poster before kick off that we were away to get mullered with that midfield, but Naismith got it spot on. All 3 patrolled their area of the pitch with tenacity and discipline, both positionally and defensively. Aiden was first to both goalscorers, it's great to see how much he cares, but apart from that, it was a man's performance from the lad. I'm still not convinced by what he's got in possession, but in an off the ball game like today he was brilliant, as were Beni and Grant.

It was also the most Beni-like performance we've seen from Beni yet. Stepping in front of their passes and winning the ball back all day long.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, whodanny said:

Being greedy i want 9 with a win on the 30th too against Ross County. 

Pasquale for King

Woke up with a smile on my face, amidst all the euphoria I forgot we scored from a well worked CORNER also 😱👍🏽👏🏾

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

It was also the most Beni-like performance we've seen from Beni yet. Stepping in front of their passes and winning the ball back all day long.

I thought Celtic were so predictable - you could tell what they were going to do before they did it (much like us sometimes :facepalm:  Beni must have been laughing underneath. 

It just goes to show you the difference it makes when a referee and linesmen officiate in an unbiased manner. Thought the officials were excellent yesterday - and I am rarely of that opinion especially in Glasgow.