The Apology Thread

Jim_Duncan

After receiving my first ever moderator warning, I’d like to take the opportunity to apologise to the moderator and indeed and posters who read my now removed posting that was deemed unsuitable for this board. 

Perhaps we could all use this thread as a place to apologise to fellow posters or the moderation team for past infractions, mean-spiritedness and/or anything else that has caused upset on the board?

1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

After receiving my first ever moderator warning, I’d like to take the opportunity to apologise to the moderator and indeed and posters who read my now removed posting that was deemed unsuitable for this board. 

Perhaps we could all use this thread as a place to apologise to fellow posters or the moderation team for past infractions, mean-spiritedness and/or anything else that has caused upset on the board?

im kind to everyone.

57 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Limmy Double Down GIF - Limmy Double Down Gods Judgement GIFs

:spoton:

We’d be apologising every other post. Most ***** on here deserve what they get and yes I include myself in that and round it goes. Happy to dish it out then cry wolf because someone gets all upset. Most of you are arseholes anyway. 

Apologies to anyone offended. 

14 minutes ago, Dazo said:

We’d be apologising every other post. Most ***** on here deserve what they get and yes I include myself in that and round it goes. Happy to dish it out then cry wolf because someone gets all upset. Most of you are arseholes anyway. 

Fencesitter.

Apology accepted. 👍

I would like to apologise for a meme that I posted that resulted in my first, and last, ban from kickback. 

Now I've apologised, I wonder if I'll ever be allowed back on the meme thread now.

rudi must stay

Attach the stone of triumph

2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I don’t think you’re being sincere Jim so on those grounds I don’t accept your apology. 

21 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I don’t think you’re being sincere Jim so on those grounds I don’t accept your apology. 

I’m sorry you feel that way. 

1 hour ago, superjack said:

I would like to apologise for a meme that I posted that resulted in my first, and last, ban from kickback. 

Now I've apologised, I wonder if I'll ever be allowed back on the meme thread now.

What was the meme?

2 hours ago, superjack said:

Hell yeah, @Dawnrazor has a season ticket for the sin bin. Best ask him how to unpick the lock.

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, superjack said:

I'm sorry for not having some kind of notification set up to see these offending meme that get good folks like you and DRazor slung in chokey. 

That's about all that I'm sorry for. 

5 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I'm guessing the albino comment?

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

I'd like to apologise for having nothing to apologise for.

I'd like to apologise for calling you a goody two shoed  !@#£.

2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

What was the meme?

It was 1 that should never have been posted on here in a moment of weakness and stupidity by me.

I know i have learned my lesson and I can only hope that the mods, who carry out an amazing yet difficult job, understand. 

10 minutes ago, Ked said:

I'm guessing the albino comment?

Surprisingly not. It was one from the ‘everyone loves that you hate’ thread. Was a belter, IMO. :( 

Anyway, the aim of this thread was for posters to apologise for anything they shouldn’t have done or said. Unfortunately it seems like folk are more into wind ups and arguments. 

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, superjack said:

It was 1 that should never have been posted on here in a moment of weakness and stupidity by me.

I know i have learned my lesson and I can only hope that the mods, who carry out an amazing yet difficult job, understand. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952h45009b2di4rph781dj

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, superjack said:

All hail the mods

Not a chance im apologizing to anyone on here.

The mods when notifying offenders should advise the criminals to stick the offended on ignore.

I've no doubt that its the same "posters" that create the rule breaking. Once they are on ignore the forum becomes a much happier place and a hell of a lot more readable.

12 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Thread closure incoming, you’re not allowed to discuss… 😴 

Are you allowed to tip your hat in acknowledgement of their efforts?

39 minutes ago, Ked said:

I'd like to apologise for calling you a goody two shoed  !@#£.

Apology accepted.

Diadora Van Basten
6 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I am pretty sure I know what post it was. 

The post was supposed to be funny but really wasn’t. The fact that you got a warning for it and started an apology thread is pretty funny though.

Have you joined the three points club or did you just get a warning. 

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Attach the stone of triumph

Literally your best ever post :lol: 

1*oUEAl2DWssRRFMrRdKu2Ag.gif

1*kJ1Qx3tWwIsi9u32jGLpGw.gif

Now let's all get drunk and play ping pong!

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm sorry for not having some kind of notification set up to see these offending meme that get good folks like you and DRazor slung in chokey. 

That's about all that I'm sorry for. 

If only there was a 'no limits or rules' meme thread :ninja:

12 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

If some posters didn't behave like c---s, then they wouldn't have to apologise.

5 hours ago, Dazo said:

4. A profanity checker is employed to reduce the volume of swearing on the board. Do not bypass the checker through the use of coded profanity. 

Hmm…

22 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I am pretty sure I know what post it was. 

The post was supposed to be funny but really wasn’t. The fact that you got a warning for it and started an apology thread is pretty funny though.

Have you joined the three points club or did you just get a warning. 

Sorry it wasn’t funny. I post lots of unfunny stuff, so if you could perhaps be more specific…

1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

4. A profanity checker is employed to reduce the volume of swearing on the board. Do not bypass the checker through the use of coded profanity. 

Hmm…

Disappointing you’ve bypassed your grovelling stage and now moving onto grassing Jim. 😢

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Disappointing you’ve bypassed your grovelling stage and now moving onto grassing Jim. 😢

I’m sorry about that :oopsoops:

Sorry to all the wee leftie, snowflake, republicans I've offended on here and sorry to the mods for the multiple warnings they've had to issue me. 

I P Knightley

Surprisingly not. It was one from the ‘everyone loves that you hate’ thread. Was a belter, IMO. :( 

Anyway, the aim of this thread was for posters to apologise for anything they shouldn’t have done or said. Unfortunately it seems like folk are more into wind ups and arguments. 

:biglaugh: This suggests that, perhaps, your apology is not quite as sincere as indicated in your OP. 

I would also like to apologise to any hard of thinking snowflake, tofu-munching wokerati who don't find me as funny as I actually am. I am truly sorry for the offence you perceived whenever it was and, here, bank a couple of other apologies for when I do it next time. Sorry, sorry. 

54 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Not a chance im apologizing to anyone on here.

The mods when notifying offenders should advise the criminals to stick the offended on ignore.

I've no doubt that its the same "posters" that create the rule breaking. Once they are on ignore the forum becomes a much happier place and a hell of a lot more readable.

I'm really not sure that's how it works. If I'm about to write something offensive about "Your Mum", how can I save your sensitivities by popping you on ignore?

Initially, I thought that the OP was referring to the "Greatest Hibs victories over Hearts" thread.  This thread was clearly (in my eyes anyway) sarcasm at its finest.  

Perhaps the subtleness of the sarcasm, or indeed its cleverness, was the reason that it flew over the heads of so many responders.

However, I was wrong.  It wasn't about said thread.

So, in the spirit of this thread, I'm sorry that I thought wrongly.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Initially, I thought that the OP was referring to the "Greatest Hibs victories over Hearts" thread.  This thread was clearly (in my eyes anyway) sarcasm at its finest.  

Perhaps the subtleness of the sarcasm, or indeed its cleverness, was the reason that it flew over the heads of so many responders.

However, I was wrong.  It wasn't about said thread.

So, in the spirit of this thread, I'm sorry that I thought wrongly.

No problem