James Anderson interview

Agentjambo

gordon simpson
51 minutes ago, Homme said:

I'm firmly of the opinion Tynecastle is a hindrance to the clubs ambitions and we need to move if we ever want to move to another level. 

lets fill Tynecastle first before we come out with this pie man talk 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• BlueRiver

• Hmfc1965

• Luckies1874

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

What gives you that confidence? 

Last 2 seasons have seen us 3rd and 4th, we're 4th atm.

Even as is, that Would be our joint best consecutive finishes in 50 odd years.

What doesn't give you that confidence?

When you take a step back, it's relatively clear we are having a sustained improvement. 

Only a lunatic that expects 3rd every season until the end of time and "flair" would think different, oh and the next level squad,  but their a different kettle of fish.

Every club has ups and downs, some on here just really can't handle a bit of poor form without having a breakdown.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Colonel Kurtz
11 hours ago, DalryJambo said:

Slow, incremental improvement in every aspect of the club and.....time.

I have read quite a few of his articles...

He believes more a model of improve  consolidate improve

I think he sees Hearts as a long term project incremetally increasing his donation

He does criticise the corruption in Scotland with his reference toJuventus

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Satellite account ? Have you uncovered some sort of conspiracy 

oh look it’s sooks ☝️what a surprise

good to see i’m off “ignore” mate

😃👍

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Sid said:

If you can’t disagree put a stupid emoji. 
think you are prime candidate for CEO when you chase the current Board down Gorgie Road with your pitchfork. 
sack the Board. Appoint MMM with his crayons.  

“tragic” sid ( :lol: )

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

It's a good read but also he's fundamentally missing the point on the manager front imo.

Nobody thinks sacking the manager fixes things. It's appointing the right manager(s)...and unfortunately if you appoint the wrong ones sacking them is an inevitable part of appointing the right one.

I mean his Italy example - Napoli won the league for this time in 30 odd years. Coincided with bringing in the right manager. Miles off it again after he left.

☝️too sensible

Montgomery Brewster
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

When you take a step back, it's relatively clear we are having a sustained improvement. 

Only a lunatic that expects 3rd every season until the end of time and "flair" would think different, oh and the next level squad,  but their a different kettle of fish.

Every club has ups and downs, some on here just really can't handle a bit of poor form without having a breakdown.

Correct. God knows the state of some roasters if they had been around in the 70’s and early 80’s. When we were really dire / pish / regularly beaten by even the vermin.

Montgomery Brewster
11 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I have read quite a few of his articles...

He believes more a model of improve  consolidate improve

I think he sees Hearts as a long term project incremetally increasing his donation

He does criticise the corruption in Scotland with his reference toJuventus

Or Rubentus as they are known in Italy 

rubare - to steal 

8 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

oh look it’s sooks ☝️what a surprise

good to see i’m off “ignore” mate

😃👍

Did I say I was going to put you on ignore ………….. not being funny mate but we’re you maybe using a satellite account at the time 

17 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

Correct. The Walter Mittys on here need to park the Tynie chat holding us back.

See when we actually start punching our weight, over a number of years, maybe then flirt with that idea again, but until then, let's pull our socks up on the park over a decent period of time first off 👊

i wish jj was my dad
57 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed, but at 2-0 if Rudi's shot goes in of the post we pump them about 5-0.

Also,  sacking Burley....

We never helped ourselves. 😱

To an extent we were architects of our own failure by bumping Burley and interfering with team selections but that Celtic game was bent as ****. We could have been five up in injury time and still lost. 

27 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

which was enforced on him by BOS renaguing on a hugely important financial loan, causing our woes. Dirty being done is an understatement. 

31 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

We do fill Tynecastle. Homme is correct.

There is no room to expand Tynecastle.

If Hearts want a stadium with a capacity of 30K max, then we have no option but to look elsewhere in the West of Edinburgh.

The real elephant in the room is moving from Tynecastle.

21 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I didn’t ask for and don’t need your opinion on it, it’s completely flawed and utterly sycophantic and I’m pretty sure anyone reading this board even semi regularly knows your views! But thanks anyway. 

I’m well aware of our finishing positions, the 2022-23 season saw us finish last in a 2 horse race as far as I’m concerned. We had less points than the previous season despite more outlay and from mid January onwards we were dire. If anything the results and performances were an indicator of zero progress, at best. A huge opportunity to replicate this years accounts was pissed down the drain. Given that’s clearly one of the key driving factors in available squad funds it was an absolute shocker from all involved. 

So I go back to my completely reasonable and indeed complimentary post nearer the beginning of this thread and query what it is that Anderson believes will improve us; (i) without a top class recruitment and management team in place to get things right on the park and start making money through the sales of players (ii) how he expects us to cash in on European money and actually win qualifiers when we didn’t even cash in despite the open goal last season. Frankly he knows nothing about football if he’s expecting Hearts squads like this one to be winning several qualifying ties.  

As others have said, @Taffin most succinctly in my opinion, it’s all very well insinuating everyone lays off the manager even if results are mediocre at best, but that’s only all well and good if we are actually progressing and they’ve put suitable people in the roles in the first place. Despite your proclamations about 3rd and 4th it’s been very evident throughout 2023 that we’ve gone backwards! Evidence: quite simply, our results, which in the league have been completely dismal. I think it’s 31 points out of 81 since beating Aberdeen in mid January.

So the sound bites from Anderson are great, I’m glad to hear from him, and as can be seen from this thread they have caused great excitement amongst some but there is no substance or detail as to how he believes we are going to get better and why he thinks that. 

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If Hearts want a stadium with a capacity of 30K max, then we have no option but to look elsewhere in the West of Edinburgh.

John, option is gone now during your lifetime and probably mine too. The huge infrastructure projects have committed the club to Tynecastle for at least the next generation or two! It would be interesting to hear the likes of Anderson’s take on Tynecastle given it would appear he recognises the need for us to continue to increase revenues. He seems more interested in assisting us in becoming a bigger and better business so a further significant restructuring of the stadium to build that sustainability may be of interest in due course. He’d also be able to help with the financing of that if it was logistically viable. I’m not suggesting paying for it, for the record! 

Edited by Luckies1874

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

well these accounts are proof of the intent if nothing else.  I suspect a player like Tagawa is on a big wage.  

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

well these accounts are proof of the intent if nothing else.  I suspect a player like Tagawa is on a big wage.  

It’s brilliant to see the increased revenue though it will presumably drop back down this time next year given our inability to secure the group stage football again and the fact we’ve not sold anyone for anything of note. 

Personally I don’t doubt the intention, I’ve never thought that those leading us now, in 2023, are anything but believers in their decisions. But they’ve made countless mistakes on the football front which have undoubtedly seen us do poorer than we should have and that continues to be the case. I’m pleased to be hearing from Anderson - I believe we’ve got someone in him who isn’t just short term - but I’m not going to pretend the comments attributed to him shine a light on how he foresees us progressing as they don’t. If he’s simply saying have patience, more Europe and sell players then it’s a big fat nothing burger. There isn’t going to be patience winning 1 SPL game in more than 3, and there shouldn’t be given our relative size and indeed the resources we have over most in Scotland. We are only going to make significant funds in Europe in the groups, which we blew last year and after this will need to qualify for and in general our transfer dealings have been poor to say the least. If these are the ways he thinks we will progress it actually amazes me the highest paid person at the club isn’t the head coach and that he hasn’t gone out there personally and found them - he would get best in class for his businesses at the level they are operating!  To progress and achieve anything we need success on the pitch yet they gamble with a rookie coach, makes no sense at all. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did I say I was going to put you on ignore ………….. not being funny mate but we’re you maybe using a satellite account at the time 

yeah you did mate - slagged my emoji squad as well 😡

Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

yeah you did mate - slagged my emoji squad as well 😡

Probably did then . Maybe I am just jealous of your plethora of emojis when I am limited in that department 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I didn’t ask for and don’t need your opinion on it, it’s completely flawed and utterly sycophantic and I’m pretty sure anyone reading this board even semi regularly knows your views! But thanks anyway. 

I’m well aware of our finishing positions, the 2022-23 season saw us finish last in a 2 horse race as far as I’m concerned. We had less points than the previous season despite more outlay and from mid January onwards we were dire. If anything the results and performances were an indicator of zero progress, at best. A huge opportunity to replicate this years accounts was pissed down the drain. Given that’s clearly one of the key driving factors in available squad funds it was an absolute shocker from all involved. 

So I go back to my completely reasonable and indeed complimentary post nearer the beginning of this thread and query what it is that Anderson believes will improve us; (i) without a top class recruitment and management team in place to get things right on the park and start making money through the sales of players (ii) how he expects us to cash in on European money and actually win qualifiers when we didn’t even cash in despite the open goal last season. Frankly he knows nothing about football if he’s expecting Hearts squads like this one to be winning several qualifying ties.  

As others have said, @Taffin most succinctly in my opinion, it’s all very well insinuating everyone lays off the manager even if results are mediocre at best, but that’s only all well and good if we are actually progressing and they’ve put suitable people in the roles in the first place. Despite your proclamations about 3rd and 4th it’s been very evident throughout 2023 that we’ve gone backwards! Evidence: quite simply, our results, which in the league have been completely dismal. I think it’s 31 points out of 81 since beating Aberdeen in mid January.

So the sound bites from Anderson are great, I’m glad to hear from him, and as can be seen from this thread they have caused great excitement amongst some but there is no substance or detail as to how he believes we are going to get better and why he thinks that. 

As I said, only a lunatic would expect us to finish 3rd EVERY season until the end of time and think sacking folk is the answer.

You seem to ignore anything positive and also  Hearts position in Scottish football and indeed global football. 

I guess if you ignore reality it's far easy just to just moan.

We sacked Bob and now have Naismith,  we changed manager in 2023, why are you merging the results over 2 seasons and different managers tenures together?

Give Naismith time to build a team.

Our strategy is obvious, but it's success depends on many external factors such as agents, players attitudes to contract extensions amongst many other things.

Changing managers after every set back will not improve us and I'm happy to be on Andersons side of the fence rather than the likes of you that demand everyone oot.

" sound bites" from Anderson. 

You really do think you know better than successful people such as Budge and Anderson. 

It's quite funny.

Tbh, you seem to be having a bit of a meltdown ( again), it's very strange.

Although you're not the only one that seems to revel on distress and enjoy having  or making a drama.

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

As I said, only a lunatic would expect us to finish 3rd EVERY season until the end of time and think sacking folk is the answer.

You seem to ignore anything positive and also  Hearts position in Scottish football and indeed global football. 

We sacked Bob and now have Naismith,  we changed manager in 2023, why are you merging the results over 2 seasons and different managers tenures together?

Our strategy is obvious, but it's success depends on many external factors such as agents, players attitudes to contract extensions amongst many other things.

Changing managers after every set back will not improve us and I'm happy to be on Andersons side of the fence rather than the likes of you that demand everyone oot.

You really do think you know better than successful people such as Budge and Anderson. 

It's quite funny.

Although you're not the only one that seems to revel on distress and enjoy having  or making a drama.

:vrface:

“Meltdown”

You’re beyond parody. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Correct. God knows the state of some roasters if they had been around in the 70’s and early 80’s. When we were really dire / pish / regularly beaten by even the vermin.

It's like they're new to football, Scotland and Hearts. 

Starting to believe the board are as deluded as Savage…talk of challenging or even winning the league without spending more money is fantasyland.

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

John, option is gone now during your lifetime and probably mine too. The huge infrastructure projects have committed the club to Tynecastle for at least the next generation or two! It would be interesting to hear the likes of Anderson’s take on Tynecastle given it would appear he recognises the need for us to continue to increase revenues. He seems more interested in assisting us in becoming a bigger and better business so a further significant restructuring of the stadium to build that sustainability may be of interest in due course. He’d also be able to help with the financing of that if it was logistically viable. I’m not suggesting paying for it, for the record! 

Long lease on Murrayfield is another option. 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Surely the logical thing to do if we are regularly selling every seat is to increase the prices ?  Simple economics of supply & demand.   The very last thing we should be undertaking is building a new stadium from scratch somewhere else - imagine the seethe on here if we did embark on such a project, diverting a wedge of income every year for decades to pay for it instead of signing 5 players every window to satisfy the JKB massif who wanted it in the first place 

He is not wrong on the old firm dominance. I would hope to hear other people at top clubs come out and say it. Simple matter is the four games per season is a setup suited to the OF and the self interest at clubs who rely on the OF money will see Scotland continue down the same path for years to come.

Hopefully he can keep putting money in believing we can catch them and this way we can cement ourselves the best of the rest.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Streaming and ppv is the way to go... Need to overcome all objections to that to increase revenues 

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

There's inarguably a lot of substance to his informed opinion, being a successful professional in an area where long-term projection and strategic investments pay off and also as a member of our board, as to the path forward being about building the foundations upon which consistency is built. It's precisely why he emphasizes that the manager is not the be-all and end-all and that far more parts combine to feed into building momentum and reaching a consistent level. 

I found his comments and outlook quite refreshing and encouraging as he clearly abhors short-termism.    

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Starting to believe the board are as deluded as Savage…talk of challenging or even winning the league without spending more money is fantasyland.

There is absolutely zero possibility the board believe challenging from our current relative financial position is possible. Despite this, fans called for the managers head after we lost to Rangers. 

The board clearly believes that building revenue and infrastructure provides the platform to grow and become more consistent, eventually sustaining more of a challenge. That will require more revenue streams.  

2 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

We sold out season tickets this season and according to the club had a waiting list in excess of 7,000. I know some people point to empty seats at some games but you often see empty seats at Celtic Park and some Premier League clubs down south due to season ticket holders not turning up. That does not mean that there is not demand for more season tickets.

50 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Surely the logical thing to do if we are regularly selling every seat is to increase the prices ?  Simple economics of supply & demand.   The very last thing we should be undertaking is building a new stadium from scratch somewhere else - imagine the seethe on here if we did embark on such a project, diverting a wedge of income every year for decades to pay for it instead of signing 5 players every window to satisfy the JKB massif who wanted it in the first place 

I dont think that would work . I think we will see our prices go up for next season but they had been frozen for two seasons prior to that so fair enough I suppose . Problem with just putting up prices to make more cash is when it simultaneously prices more people out of them . Need to do it carefully and smartly because it could easily see someone lower their foundation subs to cover it , or just stop going because they cant afford it 

8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

There's inarguably a lot of substance to his informed opinion, being a successful professional in an area where long-term projection and strategic investments pay off and also as a member of our board, as to the path forward being about building the foundations upon which consistency is built. It's precisely why he emphasizes that the manager is not the be-all and end-all and that far more parts combine to feed into building momentum and reaching a consistent level. 

I found his comments and outlook quite refreshing and encouraging as he clearly abhors short-termism.    

There is absolutely zero possibility the board believe challenging from our current relative financial position is possible. Despite this, fans called for the managers head after we lost to Rangers. 

The board clearly believes that building revenue and infrastructure provides the platform to grow and become more consistent, eventually sustaining more of a challenge. That will require more revenue streams.  

Yet Savage keeps banging on about wanting to win the league…

6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

You make some good points. 

The one highlighted in red isn't one of them though as it's totally disingenuous. You are not alone in trying to create the narrative that there have been isolated calls for heads after a given game especially one we were likely to lose. Yes there have been calls after numerous recent losses. The reason for that is because there have been so many losses! An accumulation of evidence that results have not been good enough. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Yet Savage keeps banging on about wanting to win the league…

Who doesn't that us associated with Hearts?

17 hours ago, cazzyy said:

Didn't know he was a backer of Glasgow City, a wee conflict of interest there maybe?

I found that one a bit odd.

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's quite funny.

Nobody has posted we should or will finish third EVERY season. You as always are making stuff up to suit your little rants. 

Have people alluded to the fact we should be aiming too? Yes. 

But that won't let you call other hearts fans names so bash on. 

Edited by Thunder and Lightning

3 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

The club is in a good place financially at long last.  Better than I can ever remember it in my six decades following Hearts.  I have no doubt that the current board will be wanting a successful team on the park. A successful team and continued growth of the business side of the club go hand in hand.

Edited by Deevers

gordon simpson
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

spot on Bazza 

17 hours ago, Sid said:

Change the record. How many times to you feel the need to repeat this?  
Give us the latest example of suspected nepotism. 
The contents of kickbabk clearly filter back to the Board. Do you think your repeated shoite is making him more or less likely to keep committed and potentially dig deeper into his deep pockets. 

OK let’s all shut the #### up just in case somebody takes umbrage at a wee bit of advice they don’t like. Do you really think a business person would take the huff and spit the dummy out for what someone said, I doubt they’re that sensitive and delicate. It’s not the board talking about the first team squad it’s action on taking the Old Firm on. At least certain board members are showing some ambition unlike too many people on hear crying into their beer about not being able to take Rangers & Celtic on because they’re too big & powerful. Are you one of these Sid who continually wave the white flag, I hope not so speak up and give your opinion and don’t be afraid of the bogeyman.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I dont think that would work . I think we will see our prices go up for next season but they had been frozen for two seasons prior to that so fair enough I suppose . Problem with just putting up prices to make more cash is when it simultaneously prices more people out of them . Need to do it carefully and smartly because it could easily see someone lower their foundation subs to cover it , or just stop going because they cant afford it 

You raise a valid point. Care needs to be taken when deciding to increase ST prices.       imo, fans talking about "next level" etc need to realise that it'll take higher income plus clever recruitment/coaching/management.       Aberdeen have just posted a profit purely on the back of 4 player sales - not sure we're likely to make much money from selling anyone other than Shanks right now.   We either have to do it via regular Europe qualification and/or fans support via match/ST tickets or FOH 

imo, if there is genuinely a waiting list of several thousand for a ST,  the club would be daft to ignore the implications of that.    The only way the waiting list folk are going to get a ST is if current ST seats become available due to folk not renewing.   Reasons for that will be varied - change in personal circumstances, can no longer afford it,  lost interest, moved away, illness etc .     Adding say £25 to  the price of an adult  ST (assume there's 12k adult ST holders) produces £300k  extra - probably covers 2 player's wages for the year.. 

Obviously don't keep adding another £25 every year, but if fans want to see the club grow its income they need to be prepared to support that growth instead of relying on JA to chuck his money in each year.   He's probably more likely to continue supporting us financially if he sees fans playing their part too.

FoH donations seem to have hit a glass ceiling  these last few months for whatever reason.  The FoH directors ought to be thinking of radical ways to re-invigorate fan donations too.   £140k per month is definitely not to be sniffed at, but a headline project or purpose would stand a good chance of generating an increase, imo.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, stirlo said:

We sold out season tickets this season and according to the club had a waiting list in excess of 7,000. I know some people point to empty seats at some games but you often see empty seats at Celtic Park and some Premier League clubs down south due to season ticket holders not turning up. That does not mean that there is not demand for more season tickets.

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

You raise a valid point. Care needs to be taken when deciding to increase ST prices.       imo, fans talking about "next level" etc need to realise that it'll take higher income plus clever recruitment/coaching/management.       Aberdeen have just posted a profit purely on the back of 4 player sales - not sure we're likely to make much money from selling anyone other than Shanks right now.   We either have to do it via regular Europe qualification and/or fans support via match/ST tickets or FOH 

imo, if there is genuinely a waiting list of several thousand for a ST,  the club would be daft to ignore the implications of that.    The only way the waiting list folk are going to get a ST is if current ST seats become available due to folk not renewing.   Reasons for that will be varied - change in personal circumstances, can no longer afford it,  lost interest, moved away, illness etc .     Adding say £25 to  the price of an adult  ST (assume there's 12k adult ST holders) produces £300k  extra - probably covers 2 player's wages for the year.. 

Obviously don't keep adding another £25 every year, but if fans want to see the club grow its income they need to be prepared to support that growth instead of relying on JA to chuck his money in each year.   He's probably more likely to continue supporting us financially if he sees fans playing their part too.

FoH donations seem to have hit a glass ceiling  these last few months for whatever reason.  The FoH directors ought to be thinking of radical ways to re-invigorate fan donations too.   £140k per month is definitely not to be sniffed at, but a headline project or purpose would stand a good chance of generating an increase, imo.

All good points . Too much to expect Doncaster will increase league sponsorship and TV revenue I suppose :( 

5 hours ago, H2 said:

That made me laugh! Why aren't you on the board 🤣:kirk:

I’ve been very unlucky with the lottery because 4 numbers is best I’ve ever had ages ago and £84 just doesn’t get you a voice. I actually fell out with the wife over what I’d do if I won a hundred million, I told he I’d give half to Hearts through FOH, well she said ‘over her dead body’ …..her funerals next Tuesday. 😎

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's quite funny.

Whilst very much on your side of the argument here it isn't of itself unreasonable to disagree with statements from successful people. Donald Trump has been hugely successful in many ways but...

Bazzas right boot
Just now, sirwalter said:

Whilst very much on your side of the argument here it isn't of itself unreasonable to disagree with statements from successful people. Donald Trump has been hugely successful in many ways but...

Agreed.

It is if you're disagreements are logical.

Unfortunately.....

12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

OK let’s all shut the #### up just in case somebody takes umbrage at a wee bit of advice they don’t like. Do you really think a business person would take the huff and spit the dummy out for what someone said, I doubt they’re that sensitive and delicate. It’s not the board talking about the first team squad it’s action on taking the Old Firm on. At least certain board members are showing some ambition unlike too many people on hear crying into their beer about not being able to take Rangers & Celtic on because they’re too big & powerful. Are you one of these Sid who continually wave the white flag, I hope not so speak up and give your opinion and don’t be afraid of the bogeyman.

I think if you look back at my posts you will see I’m not afraid to criticise. 
When someone claims “disingenuous” about the person who has given us millions without asking for anything in return, it’s reasonable to compare how they talk about senior people in the club. 
Do you agree or not? 
Or do you think it’s ok to endlessly repeat personal insults?  

Just now, sirwalter said:

Trump …..4 times his companies have went bankrupt, he couldn’t ever make a casino make money, daddy was a crook and left him the family business and Trump owes billions to hundreds of companies who can’t afford to sue him. What is success, success is winning by playing to the rules.

3 minutes ago, Sid said:

I think if you look back at my posts you will see I’m not afraid to criticise. 
When someone claims “disingenuous” about the person who has given us millions without asking for anything in return, it’s reasonable to compare how they talk about senior people in the club. 
Do you agree or not? 
Or do you think it’s ok to endlessly repeat personal insults?  

And what person did I insult, just read my post carefully.