***Georgia vs Scotland - Official Match Thread - 1700 ***

JimmyCant

That's fairly impressive having a Hearts goalkeeper starting for Scotland.   Another recovering from a serious injury with hopes to reclaim the Scotland #1 jersey. 

Henry Smith before that I believe.  

Jack Hamilton called up twice but never capped. 

Jim Cruikshank 9 caps. 

I might have missed some.   

Anyways, Scotland to win 1-2

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

That's fairly impressive having a Hearts goalkeeper starting for Scotland.   Another recovering from a serious injury with hopes to reclaim the Scotland #1 jersey. 

Jim Cruikshank 9 caps. 

Nicky Walker? Or was he at Partick when he was capped?

Can't help but feel a real sore one is coming in 2024 for Zander. If/when he loses his Hearts spot to Craig then he's inevitably going to drop out the Scotland setup and in the months leading up to a major Championship. Tonight suggests he's the current No2 and with Gordon back he would clearly drop to 3 behind him and Gunn. Would he be included ahead of Kelly in a squad though given he will presumably play the rest of the season as a No1?

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Finishing strongly will help us get a more favourable pot when the World Cup qualification draw comes around. 

Georgia will be up for this today as they are still in with a shout of the play-offs via the Nations League route. 

Could be a feet up job today for Georgia - 

Confirmed in play-offs: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Finland, Georgia

From UEFA website. 

Edited by periodictabledancer

5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Can't help but feel a real sore one is coming in 2024 for Zander. If/when he loses his Hearts spot to Craig then he's inevitably going to drop out the Scotland setup and in the months leading up to a major Championship. Tonight suggests he's the current No2 and with Gordon back he would clearly drop to 3 behind him and Gunn. Would he be included ahead of Kelly in a squad though given he will presumably play the rest of the season as a No1?

According to some of our fans he’s garbage anyway 

Edited by AC Mallin_51

What a novel experience watching a Scotland game after already qualifying. Pressure is off so hopefully back to a strong performance, 2-0 for us, McGinn to score both.

2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

What does Shankland have to do to get a game 

Make a big impression when he gets a chance. 

Dykes has been incredibly reliable for Scotland especially in away games. He is obviously behind him currently and won't be on the plane ahead of him or Adams, assuming fitness, for next summer. Whether he can force his way into the next spot is up to him, his recent form for Hearts got him this call up, the good news for us is that form will need to continue over the coming the months. 

Edited by Luckies1874

21 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

All he can do is keep giving strong performances, and cut out the silly little mistakes that he makes from time to time. 

He's a great shot stopper. There aren't many times that a routine shot makes it's way past him, and he is capable of making the "big" saves that you wouldn't expect every goalkeeper to reach.  The ones that look good, and make the crowd react. 

He struggles with being a big commanding unit from crosses, and decision making is sometimes suspect when it comes to coming off his line.

If he nailed that, there would be no reason to drop him, and it would be up to the others to prove they were better. 

3 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

What does Shankland have to do to get a game 

If he scores from a chance off the bench tonight, I think he'll start against Norway. 

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

All he can do is keep giving strong performances, and cut out the silly little mistakes that he makes from time to time. 

He's a great shot stopper. There aren't many times that a routine shot makes it's way past him, and he is capable of making the "big" saves that you wouldn't expect every goalkeeper to reach.  The ones that look good, and make the crowd react. 

He struggles with being a big commanding unit from crosses, and decision making is sometimes suspect when it comes to coming off his line.

If he nailed that, there would be no reason to drop him, and it would be up to the others to prove they were better. 

Are you suggesting Craig Gordon won't displace him for Hearts? What would he need to do to prove he was better given his legendary status?! 

The problem for Zander, as I see it, is that when CG gets the gloves in one instant he will lose both his Hearts and Scotland spot as he won't be playing games. Not really making much of a point here just that it's a cruel game sometimes and Clark could be going from a career high point to a pretty soul destroying low very quickly. 

Fancy Billy Gilmour to score tonight.

Georgia will be well up for this as they feel they were hard done by in the sodden game at Hampden in June.

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

christie is shite

Is he aye. He starts every single week in the EPL.

Edited by Luckies1874

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
59 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Jim Cruikshank 9 caps. 

57 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Nicky Walker? Or was he at Partick when he was capped?

54 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Walker

1990–1994 Heart of Midlothian 50 (0)

1993–1996 Scotland 2 (0)

Looks like he fits in 👍 

Will no-one remember poor Anti Niemi?

Norwegian manager keeping in there with Pep. Rested Haaland for their friendly tonight so he's fresh for Hampden on Sunday! 

2 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Will no-one remember poor Anti Niemi?

Nope. I’m not saying it…I refuse to say it. It’s been done to death :lol:

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Is he aye. He starts every single week in the EPL.

Coasting in the Scotland squad for years now

F all to do with EPL

Just now, GBJambo said:

Stewart blaming Zander for the goal 

He wasnt singularly to blame but fek me, he was still diving for it when the ball hit the back of the net. At his near post as well. 

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Coasting in the Scotland squad for years now

F all to do with EPL

I think I'll trust Clarke's judgement (and indeed the EPL managers who have routinely picked him) about a superb pro and someone who never lets them down, over you! 

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Stewart blaming Zander for the goal 

I dont think Zander is particularly good to be honest, but that is incredibly harsh. Defence was all over the shop.