• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• lost in space

• cazzyy

• kingantti1874

Ricardo Quaresma

I'm still convinced the ref was shown the poxy VAR footage shown on Sky Sports highlights and if he was then he was essentially shown fake footage which seems there was no contact; the frames showing the moment of contact were dropped / skipped

I saw the angle behind the ball, as the Sky Sports team reviewed, with that ex-referee and it DOES show the contact

Ref was behind the ball too, so how could he judge if there was contact?

2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I'm still convinced the ref was shown the poxy VAR footage shown on Sky Sports highlights and if he was then he was essentially shown fake footage which seems there was no contact; the frames showing the moment of contact were dropped / skipped

I saw the angle behind the ball, as the Sky Sports team reviewed, with that ex-referee and it DOES show the contact

Would Boyce have had to headbut cases boot for it to be contact. Caseys boot was high whether contact or not

Ricardo Quaresma
42 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Would Boyce have had to headbut cases boot for it to be contact. Caseys boot was high whether contact or not

Eh? There was definitely contact and enough (if there's even a threshold) for a penalty

It was undoubtedly a penalty

On 15/11/2023 at 14:48, Shaggy2 said:

Going to play Devil’s Advocate a wee bit. The Boyce penalty is a disgraceful decision but I don’t think he was saying Casey played the ball, rather I think he was just asking for the ball to get game restarted. It was the wrong signage to use at that time and had massive potential to cause confusion.

As for the 2nd, he’s given a foul against Boyce before Shankland is fouled. He’s simply made an arse of it and the ball is technically dead when Shankland is fouled. Clancy probably told him this so he’s had to go with his original (wrong) on field decision. Similar to the one Walsh got wrong when Ralston scored against Hearts in the very first VAR game. 
Doesn’t matter if the decision is wrong if the referee has stopped the game by blowing his whistle. You can’t even go back and say it was a mistake. That’s why the directive is to let play continue and if there’s a clear error (ie Boyce has committed a foul) then you CAN go back. 

Agree in the first. The second id need to see again but I thought the whistle was quite late (and well after Boyce’s non-foul on Spittal).

4 hours ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Agree in the first. The second id need to see again but I thought the whistle was quite late (and well after Boyce’s non-foul on Spittal).

I’ve posted a clip on page 10 and couldn’t believe how wrong I was. The whistle was a long time coming and looked like Munro was in the “anything but a penalty” frame of mind. 

14 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Eh? There was definitely contact and enough (if there's even a threshold) for a penalty

It was undoubtedly a penalty

Agree  entirely,  I was referring to those saying no contact no penalty

4 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’ve posted a clip on page 10 and couldn’t believe how wrong I was. The whistle was a long time coming and looked like Munro was in the “anything but a penalty” frame of mind. 

Ah thanks, seen it now. Agreed! Another totally inexplicable bit of refereeing

19 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Watching the live feed the referees first image was a still of the contact to Boyces chest. 
Totally inexplicable why he did not give it. 

• 2 months later...
AppleTarts

Older bump but a reminder because this guy was useless.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68273991

"Dundee have voiced "serious concerns" to the Scottish FA over play not being stopped immediately following Michael Mellon's head injury during Sunday's Premiership match against St Johnstone.

Dundee manager Tony Docherty described the injury suffered by striker Mellon at Dens Park, which left the player unconscious, as "almost life-endangering".

Mellon required treatment following a clash of heads with St Johnstone captain Liam Gordon, with referee David Munro failing to stop play immediately.

The game was eventually stopped after Dundee's club doctor Derek McCormack ran onto the pitch, with a lengthy delay while the player received treatment."

5 minutes ago, AppleTarts said:

"Dundee have voiced "serious concerns" to the Scottish FA over play not being stopped immediately following Michael Mellon's head injury during Sunday's Premiership match against St Johnstone.

Dundee manager Tony Docherty described the injury suffered by striker Mellon at Dens Park, which left the player unconscious, as "almost life-endangering".

Mellon required treatment following a clash of heads with St Johnstone captain Liam Gordon, with referee David Munro failing to stop play immediately.

The game was eventually stopped after Dundee's club doctor Derek McCormack ran onto the pitch, with a lengthy delay while the player received treatment."

Yes, a quite astonishing level of incompetence. He clearly represents a danger to the safety of the players in games he officiates and should be removed from the referee list immediately.

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, AppleTarts said:

Was a shocker this. 

Laddie remains in Nine Wells.

Could take a while to clear the various concussion protocols etc. Hope he's okay.

Horatio Caine

Munro already pissed Dundee and others off for calling off a match recently that should have gone ahead. He didn't consult or communicate anything apparently. Absolute idiot

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

An absolute rocket. Should be no where near professional football

this in spades.

Promoted well above his competence, and now someones been seriously hurt. 

Remember he looked at Boyce getting karate kicked in the ****ing chest and thought, "nah, no foul" ? 

This is what happens when you only promote weegies. 

I heard Kettlewell on the radio talking about this incident and a few others. I wouldn’t say we have a unique problem in this country with ignorance to head injuries but this one was poor. 

There really needs to be a zero tolerance throughout the game by where if it happens the game gets stopped and physios on no questions asked. Sadly however we’ve already seen clubs/players who will take advantage of this. Hibs and Porteous being the worst of the worst. Every single week he would go down clutching his head to get the game stopped then jump straight back to his feet. It’s probably folk like him that put doubt in the refs mind. 

They do need to bring in a rule that the game gets stopped immediately but with the caveat that the injured player goes off for a minimum 5 mins assessment. If the player got injured as a result of a bad challenge then a concussion sub can be used.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

I heard Kettlewell on the radio talking about this incident and a few others. I wouldn’t say we have a unique problem in this country with ignorance to head injuries but this one was poor. 

There really needs to be a zero tolerance throughout the game by where if it happens the game gets stopped and physios on no questions asked. Sadly however we’ve already seen clubs/players who will take advantage of this. Hibs and Porteous being the worst of the worst. Every single week he would go down clutching his head to get the game stopped then jump straight back to his feet. It’s probably folk like him that put doubt in the refs mind. 

They do need to bring in a rule that the game gets stopped immediately but with the caveat that the injured player goes off for a minimum 5 mins assessment. If the player got injured as a result of a bad challenge then a concussion sub can be used.

Agree with that. 

I have some level of sympathy because referees have to contend with so much "gamesmanship" (read cheating) from players, that it can sometimes be hard to tell what is/isn't legitimate injury. 

Although, I was under the impression that the rules had changed to that the game should only be stopped if there is a head injury - did we not get stung by the GFA making it up as they go along against Celtic, think we were on the attack and a Celtic player went down holding their leg and Madden stopped it, which wasn't following the rule change to being headknocks only. 

I think making the player leave the field of play for a 5 minute assessment is the best way to ensure there is honesty around headknocks. Although, some players may try and ignore it and play on, so could very well have the opposite effect. 

What Porteous did every single week was disgraceful though. Especially with how serious head knocks are supposed to be taken. I wish refs could be trusted with a bit of discrection to deal with suspected bad actors by making them leave the field of play for 5/10 minutes whilst they are thoroughly checked over.

33 minutes ago, OTT said:

Agree with that. 

I have some level of sympathy because referees have to contend with so much "gamesmanship" (read cheating) from players, that it can sometimes be hard to tell what is/isn't legitimate injury. 

Although, I was under the impression that the rules had changed to that the game should only be stopped if there is a head injury - did we not get stung by the GFA making it up as they go along against Celtic, think we were on the attack and a Celtic player went down holding their leg and Madden stopped it, which wasn't following the rule change to being headknocks only. 

I think making the player leave the field of play for a 5 minute assessment is the best way to ensure there is honesty around headknocks. Although, some players may try and ignore it and play on, so could very well have the opposite effect. 

What Porteous did every single week was disgraceful though. Especially with how serious head knocks are supposed to be taken. I wish refs could be trusted with a bit of discrection to deal with suspected bad actors by making them leave the field of play for 5/10 minutes whilst they are thoroughly checked over.

I’m sure the terminology is any ‘serious injury’. So head knocks, heart/respiratory problems, broken bones etc. But that night against Celtic was a disgrace. It was Jota iirc who tweaked his hamstring when we were on a 3v1. An actual laughably bad decision that Madden nor the GFA had to answer for. 

frankblack
1 hour ago, OTT said:

this in spades.

Remember he looked at Boyce getting karate kicked in the ****ing chest and thought, "nah, no foul" ? 

Didn't he refuse to watch the replay on VAR also?

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, OTT said:

this in spades.

he was the VAR for the Forrest non pen and red card against county as well. 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

he was the VAR for the Forrest non pen and red card against county as well. 

I think you're probably right. 

He's been at the centre of enough controversies this season to reasonably put his position as a top flight ref under threat, but because the Referees association is so ****ing bent and weegie centric, nothing has happened or will willingly happen. Hope Dundee nail him for this. 

Mikey1874

Obviously the incident isn't available to view on video. But see people saying Dundee players had possession and played on. 

Dallas Green

Levein made a good point after the game that in principle the idea of VAR is good but the people running it are not.

He couldn't believe the game wasn't stopped either and he was the opposition manager.

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Levein made a good point after the game that in principle the idea of VAR is good but the people running it are not.

He couldn't believe the game wasn't stopped either and he was the opposition manager.

Probably couldn't believe the penalty awarded against them either.

16 hours ago, OTT said:

this in spades.

Correct, there must have been a space open up and ref's from outside Glasgow close to being given a chance, only explanation for this clown to have been promoted to the level he has is to keep the east and north out

Dallas Green
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Probably couldn't believe the penalty awarded against them either.

Yeah he wasn't that enamoured with the decision.

Fxxx the SPFL
Chris Graham
AR1 Douglas Ross
AR2 Sean Carr
Fourth Official Scott Lambie
VAR Andrew Dallas
VAR Jonathan Bell

Thats our mob of officials for saturday

OmiyaHearts
17 hours ago, OTT said:

this in spades.

He's not a weegie. 

36 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:
Chris Graham
AR1 Douglas Ross
AR2 Sean Carr
VAR Andrew Dallas
VAR Jonathan Bell

****ing hell . How the **** is Andrew Dallas still in the game . Obviously I could have picked other names from that list too

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

David Munro doing Aberdeen Hibs this weekend

:kirklol:

Hopefully a blunder ridden performance from him to the detriment of both teams.

Nookie Bear
17 hours ago, OTT said:

Agree with that. 

And gave celtic a free kick from which they went up the pitch and almost scored.

You're right to highlight Porteous though. What he did was disgraceful and should have bee ndealt with ages ago for this very reason. I noticed again at the weekend he went down - and stayed down - after unsuccesfully chasing a Leicester striker when they scored.

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:
Chris Graham
AR1 Douglas Ross
AR2 Sean Carr
VAR Andrew Dallas
VAR Jonathan Bell

Douglas Ross FFS he is hopeless and beyond incompetent wonder what stand he’ll be at. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Douglas Ross FFS he is hopeless and beyond incompetent wonder what stand he’ll be at. 

He was Wheatfield last time we had him

Brick Tamland
11 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I hope he gets absolute pelters, despicable wee prick that he is. 

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He's not a weegie. 

Motherwell? 

NGL not arguing semantics, the problem in Scottish refereeing is that they utterly refuse to promote from outwith Glasgow/Ayshire/Renfrewshire/Lanarkshire. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:
Chris Graham
AR1 Douglas Ross
AR2 Sean Carr
VAR Andrew Dallas
VAR Jonathan Bell

Andrew Dallas should be nowhere near a game involving Motherwell.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No need to add the words "involving Motherwell" 

jimbojambo
3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

It was brilliant hurling abuse at him for 90 minutes. Honestly would pay more for the privilege on Saturday. 

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Football!!

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

It was brilliant hurling abuse at him for 90 minutes. Honestly would pay more for the privilege on Saturday. 

Why    because he is a tory?

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Obviously the incident isn't available to view on video. But see people saying Dundee players had possession and played on. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001wfb7/sportscene-scottish-cup-202324-fifth-round-highlights-sunday

52 minutes, 15 seconds in :thumbsup:

The incident happens bang on the halfway line, with the referee running right past the two players in a heap on the floor to allow a Dundee player to go on a 1 attacker vs 3 defender break. 

It takes the referee a full 13 seconds to blow his whistle, and even then, he seems to be blowing it in response to something else. 

He needs dragged over the coals for this, and sacked as a "professional" referee. The SFA need to show some balls for a change.  

I hope the player makes a full recovery, and then takes the SFA to court for negligence. 

• 2 weeks later...
Saint Jambo

David Munro at it again. Patrick v Dunfermline on BBC Scotland. Patrick equalise with Graham turning in a deflected shot from 6 yards. Linesman doesn't flag. Goal is given. Replays show that is correct decision. Dunfermline players claim loudly for offside. Ref decides to go and talk to linesman and somehow they decide between them it was offside after all.

For total incompetence there can't be a worse ref in the country. Get him to Sunday league.

tiger Rudi
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

David Munro at it again. Patrick v Dunfermline on BBC Scotland. Patrick equalise with Graham turning in a deflected shot from 6 yards. Linesman doesn't flag. Goal is given. Replays show that is correct decision. Dunfermline players claim loudly for offside. Ref decides to go and talk to linesman and somehow they decide between them it was offside after all.

For total incompetence there can't be a worse ref in the country. Get him to Sunday league.

Linesman keeps his flag down and starts running to half way line because looking along the line he can see he was onside. Why did Munro feel the need to go and speak to him? He couldn't see from where he was standing. Shocking decision that needs to be questioned. Needs demoted!! 

10 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Linesman keeps his flag down and starts running to half way line because looking along the line he can see he was onside. Why did Munro feel the need to go and speak to him? He couldn't see from where he was standing. Shocking decision that needs to be questioned. Needs demoted!! 

Sacked.

At a point now where he's ruining games. 

Niemi’s gloves
14 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

possible explanation (alluded to by Leanne Chrichton). Assistant keeps his flag down because  he doesn’t realize Graham has turned the ball in and considers him to be in an offside position but not interfering with play (mistaken twice over of course). Once the officials confer and the Ref makes it clear that Graham did supply the final touch it becomes off-side (still wrong of course)