David Munro/penalty ( merged )

liam11

Not as recognisable a name as Nick Walsh or Willie Collum, but no less incompetent.

High boot on Boyce in the box. No foul.

High boot on a Motherwell player two mins later. Foul.

Don’t get me started on the second VAR check.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• lost in space

• cazzyy

• kingantti1874

Whitecapjambo

To be honest I can see how neither was given. Boyce was already off balance and contact seemed minimal. Never saw a clear angle of Shankland one but looked like Well player may have got a touch on the ball.

Just felt he gave really soft fouls against both teams at times.

1 minute ago, Whitecapjambo said:

To be honest I can see how neither was given. Boyce was already off balance and contact seemed minimal. Never saw a clear angle of Shankland one but looked like Well player may have got a touch on the ball.

He was off balance trying to avoid studs coming at him.

1 minute ago, Whitecapjambo said:

Minimal shminimal.

It was a high boot! Doesn't matter the damage, it's still dangerous.

5 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

The big lad Casey for them committed at least 6/7 fouls and didn’t get booked! 

Was utterly amazed that this guy wasn’t booked, even ignoring the high boot on Boyce.

Felt sorry for Toby getting booked for time-wasting by comparison. That was more about colleagues not showing for him at the throw-in, it seemed to me.

1 minute ago, flem said:

He was also off-balance due to the Motherwell defender yanking his arm.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Whitecapjambo said:

yet both would have been awarded to rangers and Celtic .in fact far softer pens have been awarded to them against us in the last 2 weeks 

The Boyce one was a bit strange. As clear a foul as you could get as the boot was so high and prevented the attacking player. But dramatic from Boyce, and soft in the sense that it was minimal contact. Wrong decision imo, but the radio were saying that the ref stuck with his original decision which was to stop the game for a headknock 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by Dia Liom

He was horrific. Had that been an OF player it would be a penalty all day long. Couldn’t wait to give them their one for a ball pelted a yard away into the hand.

Worthing Jambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

yet both would have been awarded to rangers and Celtic .in fact far softer pens have been awarded to them against us in the last 2 weeks 

Exactly!

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, Whitecapjambo said:

Contact isnt relevant,the high foot is dangerous play therefore a foul,in the box thats a penalty. 

The fact he gave one against shankland for a high foot!

The one on Boyce is definitely a foul. The foot is high, there is contact. How it wasn't given in time of play or after VAR review is beyond parody. 

As pointed out above. Minutes later Shankland is penalised for a high foot. This instance there is no contact on the Motherwell player. Yet foul goes against. 

As Shankland immediately pointed out. What's the difference? 

Corstorphine Jambo
7 minutes ago, Boris said:

Minimal shminimal.

It was a high boot! Doesn't matter the damage, it's still dangerous.

I haven’t seen it, but listening to BBC Scotland when in the car and they were saying minimal contact from a high boot so therefore no penalty. I was thinking exactly like you, it’s the high boot that gets punished. You don’t judge whether to give the penalty on how much someone gets injured.

23 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Not as recognisable a name as Nick Walsh or Willie Collum, but no less incompetent.

High boot on Boyce in the box. No foul.

High boot on a Motherwell player two mins later. Foul.

Don’t get me started on the second VAR check.

Having seen the replays of the Boyce one I don't think there was contact tbh.

But the Shankland one, wtf! Stone wall penalty.

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Contact isnt relevant,the high foot is dangerous play therefore a foul,in the box thats a penalty. 

European ref would not have penalised LS for that; he took great care with perfect timing

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Having seen the replays of the Boyce one I don't think there was contact tbh.

But the Shankland one, wtf! Stone wall penalty.

Boyce butted on the heid in the box, just prior to that too

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Just another one isnt he?

Seems they're 'at him' for not 'playin' the game', being 'wan o' us', trying to do it himself (as he should) and our 2 penalty shouts, their one too, were ALL advised

He seemed to shout quickly for theirs, but I bet the VAR Audio was "PENALTY!!"

😡😡

Shocking decision for ref not to give especially after VAR flag. Thought he was gonna give free kick on edge box but no nought. Boycie looked like being impeded twice in move. Also looked pen for Shanks 2nd half. Could have cost us but well done lads. 

kingantti1874

I’ll be honest, absolute sick to death of these cheating Glaswegian tossers.  ESPECIALLY when we play those green and blue scumbags . However even today we all know both of them would have had 2 pens..

At a minimum we should keep a permanent thread recording these injustices with photos and replays where available .   

Who knows maybe they will at least know we SEE their corruption.  

Fans of the other 10 teams should do similar.  Build a body of evidence. Can’t do any harm and a bit of fun.

Saturday 11/11/23. 2 pens denied

Ref: David Munro 

Cheating Weegie tosser score: 9/10

IMG_6500.png

• davemclaren changed the title to David Munro/penalty ( merged )
41 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

The big lad Casey for them committed at least 6/7 fouls and didn’t get booked! 

Should have been off for multiple assaults on Boyce in particular the boot in the chest, in the penalty box, that ended in a drop ball.  That's not corrupt refereeing.  It's complete incompetence.  It's exactly the kind of thing that VAR is supposed to be preventing.  With the likes of Kevin Clancy on the VAR desk, that's just impossible.  

36 minutes ago, flem said:

Agreed although he went down holding his face which wouldn’t have helped. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, DesertDawg said:

Should have been off for multiple assaults on Boyce in particular the boot in the chest, in the penalty box, that ended in a drop ball.  That's not corrupt refereeing.  It's complete incompetence.  It's exactly the kind of thing that VAR is supposed to be preventing.  With the likes of Kevin Clancy on the VAR desk, that's just impossible.  

But he wouldn’t have been that incompetent v rangers or Celtic .  Therefore it is corruption

37 minutes ago, flem said:

He didn't help his case by lying on the deck holding his face when no contact was made... Blew his creditability there.

45 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

It is relevant so to speak when talking about a high boot.

No contact = an indirect free kick. Even in the box, although very uncommon. 

Contact = direct free kick or penalty if in the box. 

Absolutely scandalous Boyce never got a foul for that. Have we had a VAR decision go in our favour this season? Genuinely.

16 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Agreed although he went down holding his face which wouldn’t have helped. 

Completely irrelevant whether or not he was holding his face.  

Cruickie's Moustache

Lots of folk mentioning Boyce holding his face. Agreed its not a good look.

However remember the other week Goldson was happy to throw himself to the ground like  dropped piano the help convince VAR to award a pen.

It's straight forward - that is pen for either of the two cheeks.

Same with Shanks later on.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
55 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

He was horrific. Had that been an OF player it would be a penalty all day long. Couldn’t wait to give them their one for a ball pelted a yard away into the hand.

100%.

Penalty to Rangers all day long.

5 minutes ago, flem said:

Completely irrelevant whether or not he was holding his face.  

I agree it should have been a penalty but going down holding your face when it’s not been touched would seem like you’re trying to influence/cheat the referee. All I said was it wouldn’t have helped his claim. 

7 minutes ago, DS98 said:

No contact = an indirect free kick. Even in the box, although very uncommon. 

Contact = direct free kick or penalty if in the box. 

👍  Correct. 

1 hour ago, Whitecapjambo said:

I think today was a perfect example of how VAR should be used. Neither claims were clear and obvious errors for me, so stick with the referees original decision.

Ex member of the SaS

On the radio they are saying ( didn't catch it all ) that at the Shanks penalty VaR was looking at an offside., Not seen it so can't say for sure.

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

On the radio they are saying ( didn't catch it all ) that at the Shanks penalty VaR was looking at an offside., Not seen it so can't say for sure.

Never offside, Boyce stood still, Shankland controlled the ball and the Motherwell player slid on and took him from the side. 
Feck knows what he thought he saw or didn’t see.