David Munro/penalty ( merged )

liam11

Penalty and a red card as Boyce was in a goal scoring position

It was all about the 'wee man's' ego he couldn't deal with var telling him he was wrong 

Another example of power hungry wee guys who have never played before making decisions 

Edited by Albert McFly

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• lost in space

• cazzyy

• kingantti1874

Was weird having Beaton on the radio as a pundit . He seemed to want to be honest and fair at first but then did a complete 180 and started backing Munro 

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Was weird having Beaton on the radio as a pundit . He seemed to want to be honest and fair at first but then did a complete 180 and started backing Munro 

Was it not Bobby Madden on the radio?

He initially said it should have been a penalty, but then went on to say that the ref should be praised for sticking with his initial decision.

Edited by Footballfirst

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He initially said it should have been a penalty, but then went on to say that the ref should be praised for sticking with his initial decision.

Apologies , yes I meant Madden

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yeah it was incredible back sliding 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
12 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

Penalty and a red card as Boyce was in a goal scoring position

It was all about the 'wee man's' ego he couldn't deal with var telling him he was wrong 

Another example of power hungry wee guys who have never played before making decisions 

You don’t have to have played before to be a decent referee. Absolute Stonewaller guy is a total dumplin we should have had another, too.

Just watched it again and have to accept Boyce does appear to hold his face but his arms are tucked in like he's reacting to a chest knock and about 5 seconds later he's definitely not trying to fool the ref into sending Casey off. He's holding where he was kicked.

Liam Boyce Screenshot 2023-11-12 210835.jpg

Edited by Shaggy2

1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

Just watched it again and have to accept Boyce does appear to hold his face but his arms are tucked in like he's reacting to a chest knock and about 5 seconds later he's definitely not trying to fool the ref into sending Casey off. He's holding where he was kicked.

Liam Boyce Screenshot 2023-11-12 210835.jpg

Got a bad leg fracture decades ago, football, clear as a bell in my memory.  First thing I did was to put my hands to my face, and say something like, "Oh shit.". Only someone who hasn't had that kind of pain when the studs go in would even think it was not a natural reaction. 

gorgie rd eh11

Incredible that any Hearts fan could think that was not a penalty. Not incredible that we didn't get it from the cheats that infect Scottish football officials. As for the BBC, why woud anyone choose to listen to them.

On 11/11/2023 at 22:25, RS86 said:

Screenshot_20231111_222011_Gallery.thumb.jpg.df4412fabd0effee7b68a8dcccffe100.jpg

I'd have taken it, don't get me wrong. But without contact was never gonna be given. Boyce turned and ran towards him and his foot is clearly outstretched and close to his head but equally close to the ball, but Boyce isn't completely upright either which makes his foot look higher on some of the replay angles.

Would be curious if Boyce hadn't made out there had been contact and was more appealing on the basis of having to evade contact what the call would have been.

I've seen more replays back since this and you know what, it is a penalty. There is contact right after this and then he tries to pull his foot back after contact was made. Was that Casey or Butcher btw? As one of them was on a booking already too.

52 minutes ago, RS86 said:

I've seen more replays back since this and you know what, it is a penalty. There is contact right after this and then he tries to pull his foot back after contact was made. Was that Casey or Butcher btw? As one of them was on a booking already too.

Butcher got booked late on. Amazingly, despite being the angriest man in Motherwell all day, Casey wasn’t actually booked. 🤦‍♂️

HeartsandonlyHearts
15 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Minimal is maybe predictive text when you type animal. Absolute stonewaller.

Look at the creases in the Hearts shirt near the badge. Boyce must be faster than the wind if he can make his shirt crease like that. That’s caused by Boyce heading for the goal and the boot studs stopping him. Penalty all day. Especially in any of yesterday’s games for certain teams. Just not us on a Saturday.

cheats. But as usual, a big pat on the back and another thousand pounds the next scheduled weekend.

Sinbad the Sailor
16 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Got a bad leg fracture decades ago, football, clear as a bell in my memory.  First thing I did was to put my hands to my face, and say something like, "Oh shit.". Only someone who hasn't had that kind of pain when the studs go in would even think it was not a natural reaction. 

Spot on

It’s things like this that can have a huge impact on not only a specific game but the league campaign as a whole. We could’ve easily dropped points on Saturday. Referees incompetences can have a massive effect. Another ref could’ve easily given Sibbick a penalty in the derby. Another ref could’ve done a ‘David Munro’ and told Connor Goldson get to his feet at Ibrox. There’s possibly 5 points of a difference down to referees interpretations of things. I wonder where Rangers would be without all their penalties? Similarly Hibs would’ve been close to relegation last year without playing against 10 men every 2nd week. 

We averaged a penalty every 3 games last season. We’ve now on 12 without one. For some reason we just seem to be getting nothing but the shitty side of VAR/refs this season.

avhudtheteeshirt
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

It’s things like this that can have a huge impact on not only a specific game but the league campaign as a whole. We could’ve easily dropped points on Saturday. Referees incompetences can have a massive effect. Another ref could’ve easily given Sibbick a penalty in the derby. Another ref could’ve done a ‘David Munro’ and told Connor Goldson get to his feet at Ibrox. There’s possibly 5 points of a difference down to referees interpretations of things. I wonder where Rangers would be without all their penalties? Similarly Hibs would’ve been close to relegation last year without playing against 10 men every 2nd week. 

We averaged a penalty every 3 games last season. We’ve now on 12 without one. For some reason we just seem to be getting nothing but the shitty side of VAR/refs this season.

Maybe not the case, they may be told what to give and what or who to give them too?

Remember they are allowed to referee Old Firm games differently without any come back!!!

Ex member of the SaS

So we have a dilemma, SN called out the ref a couple of weeks ago and we get two stone wallers refused. So do we keep quiet and suck it up like every other team has done for years or do we go full out Craig Levein and take the hit in future games?

I finally watched the highlights on BBC. I still cannot see any footballing reason why that wasn't a penalty. And Chris iwelumo said he didn't think it was 1? Apparently, because his hand went to his face at first, this may have influenced the referees decision.

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

So we have a dilemma, SN called out the ref a couple of weeks ago and we get two stone wallers refused. So do we keep quiet and suck it up like every other team has done for years or do we go full out Craig Levein and take the hit in future games?

I would rather we took the brave and honest option and not the snivelling spineless one 

1 minute ago, superjack said:

I finally watched the highlights on BBC. I still cannot see any footballing reason why that wasn't a penalty. And Chris iwelumo said he didn't think it was 1? Apparently, because his hand went to his face at first, this may have influenced the referees decision.

To be fair I don’t know why Boyce done that, detracting away from what actually happened. Regardless pretending it was his face doesn’t stop it being a foul and a penalty. 

3 minutes ago, superjack said:

All Celtic fans are taking the same tact . No real surprise that this one would do the same 

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I would take the hit. 

But I've already said, we need to get a data analyst to compile various stats that back us up and then just absolutely shred the governing body and refereeing association with statement after statement until they're left so red faced they have to concede. 

And much like Levein, utterly refuse to pay a single fine. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I would take the hit. 

But I've already said, we need to get a data analyst to compile various stats that back us up and then just absolutely shred the governing body and refereeing association with statement after statement until they're left so red faced they have to concede. 

And if they keep pushing we take it to the CAS . Doubt the SFA want anyone sniffing around their offices 

24 minutes ago, superjack said:

I remember when Craig Gordon done his double fracture last year he put his hands over his face. 

Shocking. What a cheat. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I remember when Craig Gordon done his double fracture last year he put his hands over his face. 

Shocking. What a cheat. 

At least Boyce did get a straight red. :rofl:

42 minutes ago, superjack said:

Also Iwelumo kept saying Boyce was already going down, as if that somehow means getting kicked in the chest is no longer a foul? 

As good at analysing highlights as he is at scoring open goals. 

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Rangers have had SIX penalties from last SEVEN games refereed by Scottish refs....

Iwelumo and a few on here acting like Boyce has done a Rivaldo. He had his hands covering his face as he fell. Within 5 seconds he was pictured holding his chest where he'd been kicked. As for going down anyway, he'd just emerged from a tussle (I don't think Butcher was guilty of excessive force) and was slightly off balance with a size 10 heading for his dish. What would you do?

17 minutes ago, RENE said:

Rangers have had SIX penalties from last SEVEN games refereed by Scottish refs....

Other way round! 7 penalties from 6 games. 

16 minutes ago, RENE said:

During the past two weeks, Rangers have played four domestic games and have been awarded six penalties. Crazy.

1 minute ago, Lido said:

During the past two weeks, Rangers have played four domestic games and have been awarded six penalties. Crazy.

For context, Scotland's rugby team played 4 games in France and only scored ONE penalty! No idea how many we received. 

Ricardo Quaresma
57 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Shocking. What a cheat. 

It was simply a natural reaction from Boyce, correct

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

For context, Scotland's rugby team played 4 games in France and only scored ONE penalty! No idea how many we received. 

Most of them were kicked into touch to subsequently **** up the line outs!

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Most of them were kicked into touch to subsequently **** up the line outs!

😂 yeah, I remember, just wasn't counting!

53 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Also Iwelumo kept saying Boyce was already going down, as if that somehow means getting kicked in the chest is no longer a foul? 

As good at analysing highlights as he is at scoring open goals. 

He was going down because Butcher had pulled him back by the arm and he had shrugged him off , then he had to try and get his head out of the way of Caseys boot

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I would take the hit. 

Agreed, the hard bit is gathering the data

A public website would be good.  As a starter for 10 I termed to start a super thread on here to record this nonsense but the mods merged it probably without bothering to read what it was trying to do

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agreed, the hard bit is gathering the data

A public website would be good.  As a starter for 10 I termed to start a super thread on here to record this nonsense but the mods merged it probably without bothering to read what it was trying to do

You could just use the Officials Thread

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Not only a penalty but also a red!

Not now, double jeopardy would come into play.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You could just use the Officials Thread

Not aware of that one. Can’t say I’ve ever read it.  Still I think it would carry more weight if we have a specific thread specially to document nonsense like the weekend.  Named appropriately. Fans of other teams should do likewise .  

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If you make no attempt at the ball I’m sure it would be a red. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Is a dangerous tackle not a straight red regardless of whether it’s a penalty or not?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

He was going down because Butcher had pulled him back by the arm and he had shrugged him off , then he had to try and get his head out of the way of Caseys boot

THIS! 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Is a dangerous tackle not a straight red regardless of whether it’s a penalty or not?

Yes , that is what some people were squealing for against us when Fletcher broke Gordons leg