This looks better...

Ricardo Quaresma

Played 12. Won 5. Drawn 2. Lost 5. Scored 12. Conceded 12.

That is the very definition of mediocrity right there. For every win, a defeat. For every goal scored, a goal conceded. That is not the standard for Hearts. Or it shouldn't be.

It is undoubtedly good that we are still within striking distance of third place but that is really down to the fact that none of the ten non OF teams seem to be good enough to pull away from the pack. They are all beating each other. 

We have to improve. There are small signs that it is happening but more has to come.

42 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

That is the very definition of mediocrity right there. For every win, a defeat. For every goal scored, a goal conceded. That is not the standard for Hearts. Or it shouldn't be.

It is undoubtedly good that we are still within striking distance of third place but that is really down to the fact that none of the ten non OF teams seem to be good enough to pull away from the pack. They are all beating each other. 

We have to improve. There are small signs that it is happening but more has to come.

Only in Scotland can the team finishing third be closer to relegation points wise than the two clubs finishing above them

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Fair and we need a better 2nd quarter/ 3rd of the season.

In the last ten years the most games won by the 3rd place team is 19, by Killie and Rangers.

Positives we’ve the 3rd best defensive record in the league

Negatives the 3rd worse scoring record. 
However the goals are starting to come in and the defence can stay solid. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Nice that Beni and Nieuwenhof got the full game without the returning players such as Oda & Tagawa being risked

Now they can rest up

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Nice that Beni and Nieuwenhof got the full game without the returning players such as Oda & Tagawa being risked

Now they can rest up

Based on yesterday, Beni and Hoff need to be the first choice cm pairing now…no more tinkering please.

The only changes I’d make would be Oda for Forrest and Vargas for Boyce.

I’m also keen to see Tagawa get some game time, as if Shankland gets injured we will be screwed hoping Boyce will start to score goals

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

Based on yesterday, Beni and Hoff need to be the first choice cm pairing now…no more tinkering please.

The only changes I’d make would be Oda for Forrest and Vargas for Boyce.

I’m also keen to see Tagawa get some game time, as if Shankland gets injured we will be screwed hoping Boyce will start to score goals

I suspect Devlin will get on next few games sometime and the three will be rotated once it's 2 games a week

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I suspect Devlin will get on next few games sometime and the three will be rotated once it's 2 games a week

I think Devlin needs to be used in games where his skillset make sense (constantly harassing and pressing the opposition) but his passing lets him down unfortunately.

Ricardo Quaresma
26 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I think Devlin needs to be used in games where his skillset make sense (constantly harassing and pressing the opposition) but his passing lets him down unfortunately.

He has shown that when he's really match fit then everything is OK, maybe there's work being done on ensuring he's ready all the time now

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Only in Scotland can the team finishing third be closer to relegation points wise than the two clubs finishing above them

This is how we judge where we are at. How close to 2nd can we get and how far in front of the rest we can finish...if at all.

On 11/11/2023 at 19:06, Bazzas right boot said:

We are gathering a nice bit of momentum.

Winning games outside the OF.

Already won same amount of away games as last season. 

Generally dominating these games. 

Cutting  out mistakes

Shanks is back scoring 

Boyce, Beni getting fitter

Mckay back soon .

Hopefully we'll keep climbing the table.

Just need the new guys to settle and add a bit more.

In January,  shed a few and add a couple of players.

We can then start arguing about next level and flair - again.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

Aitkinson back as well and he was playing great.

4 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Aitkinson back as well and he was playing great.

with Gordon, Halkett and Mackay soon too hopefully. And a near fit Beni.

should be too much for majority of opposition. I’m feeling better now 

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

If you can put 3 wins together whole complexion changes 

Thats the thing, just getting consistent makes a big difference when the league is bunched up. We have tough fixtures in December but if we can win at St Johnstone and away to Kilmarnock (not saying it will happen but we are capable of) then it means you go into a tough run on the back of four wins a row. Even if you know its unlikely to get a result against the Old Firm, getting at least a draw against Aberdeen and Hibs, then winning the rest would mean we go into the New Year on a strong position.

This international window (unless the plan has changed) there is going to be bounce games played to get players returning from injury up to speed, so that will also make a difference.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

with Gordon, Halkett and Mackay soon too hopefully. And a near fit Beni.

should be too much for majority of opposition. I’m feeling better now 

Agree it’s more positive would still like to get in a fast striker 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, mscjambo said:

If you can put 3 wins together whole complexion changes 

St Johnstone at home next,  we really should be looking at 3/3.