This looks better...

Ricardo Quaresma

No real point in thinking that way.

Our Dec schedule is tough.

Treat the league in blocks playing all teams. 

First 11, 4w 2d 5a

This surprisingly put us 4th.

I am sure we will improve on that.

Started this block with a rare win at Motherwell.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

First 11, 4w 2d 5a

Yes, well, could've added that the teams all around us will take points from eachother and we simply have to take the points from teams put in front of us

We should have a better squad going into this round of fixtures, with Gordon, Halkett, Oda, Tagawa, McKay and Atkinson all being blended into the rotation

Will be good viewing and here's hoping it all goes very well 💪💪👍

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

sheep to play celtic away, 2 points behind the midden with them due at Tynecastle soon 💪💪

Screenshot_20231111-171452968(1).thumb.jpg.fbb112ef9c603d9242c9fadf604350c2.jpg

St Mirrens bubble well and truely burst. Wonder if they’ll bring out a DVD. 

Italian Lambretta

No point saying if Hearts win the next game and the team nearest lose we will go above them.

45 years supporting the Jambos tells me the opposite will happen.

6 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

They could sell it in their Celtic shop.

Bazzas right boot

We are gathering a nice bit of momentum.

Winning games outside the OF.

Already won same amount of away games as last season. 

Generally dominating these games. 

Cutting  out mistakes

Shanks is back scoring 

Boyce, Beni getting fitter

Mckay back soon .

Hopefully we'll keep climbing the table.

Just need the new guys to settle and add a bit more.

In January,  shed a few and add a couple of players.

We can then start arguing about next level and flair - again.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Of the 12 games I’m sure it’s played 5 at home and 7 away. 

All in all considering the circumstances and quite a few poor performances this season, 2 points off 3rd is very good. 

It’s actually 6 and 6 but still in a decent position to kick on. 

Edited by DS98

Don’t be fooled by St Mirren/Dundee’s good start. The wheels will fall of soon and those teams will be fighting it out to scrape into the top 6. As soon as they get injuries/suspensions they can’t cope.  In reality we’re still competing with Dons and Hibs for 3rd and right now we’ve got them both at arms length without really even playing well. 

10 goals for Shankland in all competitions this season?

I'm wondering if he'll eclipse last year's total.

5 from 5 games ... hmmm ... 🤔 

Just now, Wee Mikey said:

10 goals for Shankland in all competitions this season?

I'm wondering if he'll eclipse last year's total.

5 from 5 games ... hmmm ... 🤔 

Seems to have regained his focus. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Delicious to see they got pumped

:cartman_tears:

:smuggy:

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

No point saying if Hearts win the next game and the team nearest lose we will go above them.

45 years supporting the Jambos tells me the opposite will happen.

If it does, will that be different gravy?

We'd still have to do the same next game though 👍

Ricardo Quaresma
27 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Don’t be fooled by St Mirren/Dundee’s good start. The wheels will fall of soon and those teams will be fighting it out to scrape into the top 6. As soon as they get injuries/suspensions they can’t cope.  In reality we’re still competing with Dons and Hibs for 3rd and right now we’ve got them both at arms length without really even playing well. 

6 each mate 👍

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Seems to have regained his focus. 

In a parallel universe, we got awarded two pens today and he didn't fluff his point-blank shot, thus scoring 5. Lol.

Hearts should still be finishing third this year and no reason why we won't. Especially with Gordon, Halkett, McKay and Atkinson all due back soon.

Frightening stat that only Celtic and Rangers currently have a positive goal difference.

But as usual, it's a pretty competitive league from with only 9 points between 3rd and 12th.

I hate St Mirren but I think I heard their squad was hit bad by an illness and they had a lot of players missing. So they might yet come back to cause teams a few problems. 

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

I hate St Mirren but I think I heard their squad was hit bad by an illness and they had a lot of players missing. So they might yet come back to cause teams a few problems. 

Yep too many people thinking after today we’ve turned a corner , a hell of a lot of work to be done to breathe easy, it’s one game but it does bring a little hope

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

First 11, 4w 2d 5a

You’d like to think so but the 2nd 11 fixtures are much tougher (Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic away this time whereas they were all at home last time). 

Good to win, but our league is so fecking tin pot in all honesty, the fact that we are only a point behind 3rd highlights just how pish our league is outwith the OF, We have been very poor this season, no doubt about it. A win today doesn't change that, lets go on a winning run after the break before we start dishing out too much praise.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Yep too many people thinking after today we’ve turned a corner , a hell of a lot of work to be done to breathe easy, it’s one game but it does bring a little hope

2 whole weeks of rest and also recovery for our injured players; a welcome break with a win to start

It was all we could get today, we made sure that we got it

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes, well, could've added that the teams all around us will take points from eachother and we simply have to take the points from teams put in front of us

We should have a better squad going into this round of fixtures, with Gordon, Halkett, Oda, Tagawa, McKay and Atkinson all being blended into the rotation

Will be good viewing and here's hoping it all goes very well 💪💪👍

We could have scored a lot more goals today than we did. Every team will have a hard run of games through the season. It isn't the end of the world. It's about hitting these games in the right frame if mind and with a bit of form behind you. 

It's more important about getting the right level of performances going into the hard run or games than anything else. A good performance against the farmers and we go into the run with a bit of confidence and belief 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You’d like to think so but the 2nd 11 fixtures are much tougher (Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic away this time whereas they were all at home last time). 

Not really, Stjohnston Dundee, Ross county, StMirren at home.  That’s should be 4 wins to add to the one today against m well.  Also well capable of wins at Livingston, Hibs and Kilmarnock.  Aberdeen away I rarely hold out any hope.

we will pick up more points in 2nd set of fixtures 

Ricardo Quaresma
17 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Good to win, but our league is so fecking tin pot in all honesty, the fact that we are only a point behind 3rd highlights just how pish our league is outwith the OF, We have been very poor this season, no doubt about it. A win today doesn't change that, lets go on a winning run after the break before we start dishing out too much praise.

The win today doesn't count for nothing, we've won the last 2 League games, Home and Away

This makes a dent in the lost points from earlier on in the Season

Against non-OF teams in the League, that's now 10 points out of 12

So, you can't say that today's result doesn't change that

We've also just come out of a horrible set of games, with 2 OF games, plus another chucked in

Last Season that was the kind of 5h1t that snapped Robbie Neilson's tenure in two

Tough set coming up too, but do as well as we have done here, including avoiding defeat, at least, at Aberdeen and we'll be bang on track

With players settling back in (6 of them!) and the competition for places that will bring, we really should kick arse

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Mostly more of the same aimless sideways passes. Luckily Motherwell offered nothing in attack. So little that Sibbick could have a few good rampages.

Ricardo Quaresma
14 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

We could have scored a lot more goals today than we did. Every team will have a hard run of games through the season. It isn't the end of the world. It's about hitting these games in the right frame if mind and with a bit of form behind you. 

It's more important about getting the right level of performances going into the hard run or games than anything else. A good performance against the farmers and we go into the run with a bit of confidence and belief 

👍

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not really, Stjohnston Dundee, Ross county, StMirren at home.  That’s should be 4 wins to add to the one today against m well.  Also well capable of wins at Livingston, Hibs and Kilmarnock.  Aberdeen away I rarely hold out any hope.

we will pick up more points in 2nd set of fixtures 

It doesn’t look too bad put that way but I’d still be surprised if we lose less than 4 of the next 10.  As long as we’re winning rather than drawing the others that doesn’t kill us and we could well be 3rd after the first 22 games, and then hopefully improve as injuries clear up and some of the new players find some form.  

I see 'Well have the worst form in the league, and that was very obvious watching them today. THeir forwards were beyond shit, and not til they made the subs did either the midfield or defence look in anyway competent.  Don't want to rain on our parade, I thought we played some decent stuff at times but lets face it, we ended up scraping a win today. Much needed 3 pts mind.

Imperative we win convincing when CL comes to town as we've got three touch away matches away at Rugby Park, Pittodrie & Celtic Park and equally hard games at home to the Gers and Saints, before we go to Easter Road. Hopefully bed in our long term injuries somewhere in that run,

Unlike in the past, I would hope SN has this lot working their arses off in training to get fitter than they are, as opposed to giving them a few days off. Let's see what happens. We saw the result of the previous holiday given to them by RN.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Thats exactly it though. These teams can’t afford to have injuries or suspensions. Their starting 11 might be good in this league but their squads aren’t good or big enough. This is the first bit of adversity they’ve had this season and they’ve crumbled. It was the same with them and Livi 21/22. 

Over the last 18 months we’ve had 5 or 6 of our best player out (long term) at any given time. No other team out with the OF could withstand what we’ve had to put up with and remain competitive. St Mirren, Dundee, Killie etc will fall away. 

55 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Mostly more of the same aimless sideways passes. Luckily Motherwell offered nothing in attack. So little that Sibbick could have a few good rampages.

You’re a total clown if you can’t acknowledge we played well today. 

11 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

You don't understand football much at all do you?

Every post I'd doom and gloom, sack the manager.

Give it a rest.

10 hours ago, McCrae said:

New kid probably sleeping through out the night now.

Ha, maybe in about three years' time if he's lucky! 

Its definitely looking more positive. We have looked better against non OF teams recently imo, first half at Ibrox was also pretty good. Should really have been 1-4 the day had we got the penalties. Livi was 1-0 going on 5, completely battered them. 

Centre mid coming together now with Beni and Nieuwenhof getting better each game. Shanks back firing. And what a difference a fit Gordon, Halkett and Mckay will make. A back line of Gordon, Kent, Halkett and Kinglsey is hard as nails. 

Things are looking a lot brighter but we need to build on this instead of standing still. 

One of the positives is with the injured players coming back we don’t seem to be picking up any additional injuries. Over the last year or so when we’ve had players coming back, other key players have got injured. Hopefully the lack of European football is helping this and we can keep the squad mostly injury free up to the winter break. If we get 4-6 points in the next 2 games then we go into the tough run of fixtures with good momentum and a bit of money in the bank for Naismith. Yes question marks will always be there for Naismith but his record since being ‘officially’ made manager is actually pretty good. 

15 hours ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

It was always going to happen. They have some good players but if they’re 3rd come the end of the season it can only be chalked up to Hearts, Hibs & Aberdeen failing to take advantage of a poor league 

AlphonseCapone

It was always going to be, and still will be, us, Hibs and Aberdeen battling it out for 3rd. We've all been poor this first round of games but as injuries, suspensions, more games in short periods, starts to take its toll, the 3 of us will pull away a bit from the rest. It's basically what happens with the old firm on a different level.

Jambof3tornado
18 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Only 2 points behind the all conquering St Mirren.

We have been terrible but we're in a decent enough position.

Its the fact we've been terrible is most annoying,we should be breathing down rangers necks !!!!

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Its the fact we've been terrible is most annoying,we should be breathing down rangers necks !!!!

It really is simple (not really :lol:), if we can take care of our business against the non OF teams, it will push us closer to the top 2.

Not saying we'd challenge them, but we'd be a lot closer.

We are in a position to be doing that consistently and it's time we start doimg it.

22 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Exactly. If we'd held on in the derby and beaten 10 man Motherwell at home, we'd be three points clear in third. We've been absolutely minging and we're two daft results off being in a great position. Funny old game.