• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• TheBigO

• Ricardo Quaresma

• HopeDiouf

On 03/11/2023 at 22:04, Tour22 said:

Can't rely on him, made of glass unfortunately. 

On 03/11/2023 at 22:41, gar jambo said:

Only since he came to Hearts! He's been unfortunate! Never been like that with Livi! 

It's these old fashioned grass pitches he's having to play on. Get him playing on a nice modern astroturf pitch like he played on at Livingston and he'll be fine...

On 03/11/2023 at 22:04, Tour22 said:

Can't rely on him, made of glass unfortunately. 

Forgot this one “ made of glass “ ( chocolate also permitted ) and sticking with food , heart of a pea 

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hammer thrower 

Not happy with how the club managed his injury/rehab. (can also bring religion into it on a case by case scenario)

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Not happy with how the club managed his injury/rehab. (can also bring religion into it on a case by case scenario)

Beardist whackjob clearly 

4 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Rowles will be in the side regardless of whether Halkett is ever fit. 

I agree. Maybe I didn't make myself clear, but I'd have Rowles LCB in a three, and FB in a 4.

Seems sacrilege to suggest there's not a starting place for Kingsley in certain formations, but I'd have him in ahead of Cochrane at WB if we play a three. 

Halkett  Kent  Rowles  Kingsley 

in a back four,

Halkett Kent Rowles

Kingsley                                     Cochrane.

in a back five when everyone is fit (if ever).

I think Kingsley has been a revelation at right-back, this leaves Atkinson and Sibbick as replacements for injury, which probably means at least one of them will play every week.

With McKay coming back then we should be a much-improved team in three or for weeks.

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Halkett  Kent  Rowles  Kingsley 

in a back four,

Halkett Kent Rowles

Kingsley                                     Cochrane.

in a back five when everyone is fit (if ever).

I think Kingsley has been a revelation at right-back, this leaves Atkinson and Sibbick as replacements for injury, which probably means at least one of them will play every week.

With McKay coming back then we should be a much-improved team in three or for weeks.

Halkett cant play at RB, not sure Kingsley can at RWB either tbh. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Halkett cant play at RB, not sure Kingsley can at RWB either tbh. 

Hey, Halkett has played RB before tbf.  Brora I think it was....

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Never smiles 

heartofmidlothian_craighalcattthesquashi

At least they've got the body shape of the "Craig Halcatt" toy correct :whistling: 

It grinds my gears when fans put these bizarre formations shoehorning players into positions they’ve never played before - and they’re probably the first ones to complain when it doesn’t work! 

We have a squad - it’ll get used.

(Whoever we can at RB) Kent Halkett Rowles Kingsley 

would be my preferred choice 

It will all change with form/injuries/suspensions

The lack of a reserve league preventing us from making the step up from B team to first team seems to be stopping us from blooding youngsters the way we used to . Yet another regressive step by the most regressive league in Western Europe 

6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Rowles will be in the side regardless of whether Halkett is ever fit. 

Not going to be a popular opinion (tin hat on) but for me Rowles is a better Centre Half than Kent. I reckon if Naisy does want to play a 4 some weeks and decides to play Kent and Halkett in the middle then the bread man would move to left back at the expense of Kingsley or Cochrane.

3 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Not going to be a popular opinion (tin hat on) but for me Rowles is a better Centre Half than Kent. I reckon if Naisy does want to play a 4 some weeks and decides to play Kent and Halkett in the middle then the bread man would move to left back at the expense of Kingsley or Cochrane.

He's a better footballer than Kent, yes. Suspect Kent's better at the last-ditch stuff though.

Woukd be a bit worried that we'd lack creativity from the back with a Kent-Halkett CB pairing. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Hey, Halkett has played RB before tbf.  Brora I think it was....

Exactly, I wasn’t going to mention it. 

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

you’ve gone balls deep on this one based on a comment at a gym.  I believe that happened btw so don’t doubt you but things change, and club have said they are actively discussing so may be more of a possibility that it seemed at the time 

I don't doubt the words were said, but why would Beni tell a teenager at a gym anything relevant, or even the whole truth?

There's the context of what Beni said, which is locked in Beni's head, then there's the second hand report passed on to that poster

Then there's the article quoting Beni stating he'd get us a big fee when and if he leaves, then there's the latest article posted on here, stating that Beni has no distinct plans made and he is just concentrating on his fitness for now

43 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Agree. Rowles is our player, on a long contract and someone they are absolutely desperate to see succeed, both for Hears short term and in bringing in a substantial fee when we sell him. He’s an absolute certain starter as was seen when he went through his rocky patch a couple of months ago. He’s come through that which shows his mental strength and in my view his abilities to improve and go onto bigger things. I don’t see him ever being anything but a regular even with Kent and Halkett available, should that ever happen.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Or use Forrester as back up? 

An entire High School; that would be some press! 😆

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

The lack of a reserve league preventing us from making the step up from B team to first team seems to be stopping us from blooding youngsters the way we used to . Yet another regressive step by the most regressive league in Western Europe 

I believe there is a reserve league, we are just not in it, due to having a B team

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, inspector said:

It's at times like this, giving injured players game time, that a reserve league would be of huge benefit

See post above 👍

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

It grinds my gears when fans put these bizarre formations shoehorning players into positions they’ve never played before - and they’re probably the first ones to complain when it doesn’t work! 

We have a squad - it’ll get used.

(Whoever we can at RB) Kent Halkett Rowles Kingsley 

would be my preferred choice 

It will all change with form/injuries/suspensions

Im with you:

Gordon Clark

Shankland  McKay  Devlin  Neil Berry

Rowles  Hickey  Boyce

Naysmith  Neelson 

16 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I believe there is a reserve league, we are just not in it, due to having a B team

There is but its a mickey mouse set up, last season it had 10 teams in it and they played everyone once. This season there are 9 teams in it and they will play everyone once.

Bring back the old set up, im sure it used to be when our first team where playing Hibs at Tynecastle our reserves would be playing Hibs at Easter Road and this would be replicated all through the premier league fixtures. The old set up allowed you to play players returning from injury and promising youngsters against players of a similar level from the other top division clubs in Scotland.

Edited by Boyces beard

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

There is but its a mickey mouse set up, last season it had 10 teams in it and they played everyone once. This season there are 9 teams in it and they will play everyone once.

Bring back the old set up, im sure it used to be when our first team where playing Hibs at Tynecastle our reserves would be playing Hibs at Easter Road and this would be replicated all through the premier league fixtures. The old set up allowed you to play players returning from injury and promising youngsters against players of a similar level from the other top division clubs in Scotland.

I would agree with that but is it feasible to have the B team and the micky mouse one?

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

it is not fit for purpose , I mean a proper one 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Sooks said:

Seen it now yeah :) 

So, can we have our cake and eat it, with both 'competitions', or are the rules one or the other?

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So, can we have our cake and eat it, with both 'competitions', or are the rules one or the other?

I would definitely say we could . Our B team is essentially an U20 side or whatever , and we used to have reserve and U21 I think years ago

19 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I would agree with that but is it feasible to have the B team and the micky mouse one?

Probably not mate, but if all the teams in the top division had a reserve squad playing against each other every week it would allow 1st team fringe players/players recovering from injury who are not selected in the 1st team match squad that week to get some much needed game time against a decent level of opposition.

It would also give the best youngsters from the B team the chance to show what they can do against better players and also give a better indication as to how ready our best youngsters are for 1st team football. Its hard to know if your youngsters are ready when they are playing against part time football players on a weekly basis  but if they are showing up well against your fringe players from Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen ect then you know they are ready if called up on.

Playing against top pro's returning from injury and fringe players pushing for a 1st team spot at other SPL clubs surely has to be more beneficial than playing in the Lowland League or being loaned out to other lower league clubs.

3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Im with you:

Gordon Clark

Shankland  McKay  Devlin  Neil Berry

Rowles  Hickey  Boyce

Naysmith  Neelson 

:seething:

4 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I don't doubt the words were said, but why would Beni tell a teenager at a gym anything relevant, or even the whole truth?

There's the context of what Beni said, which is locked in Beni's head, then there's the second hand report passed on to that poster

Then there's the article quoting Beni stating he'd get us a big fee when and if he leaves, then there's the latest article posted on here, stating that Beni has no distinct plans made and he is just concentrating on his fitness for now

Watch this space 

Nothing second hand from me. 

Straight from the horses mouth 

7 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

I agree. Maybe I didn't make myself clear, but I'd have Rowles LCB in a three, and FB in a 4.

Seems sacrilege to suggest there's not a starting place for Kingsley in certain formations, but I'd have him in ahead of Cochrane at WB if we play a three. 

No way should Kingsley be dropped for anyone in the LB position.

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Watch this space 

What was said at the gym? And by who? 

1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

No way should Kingsley be dropped for anyone in the LB position.

No way will we give a player a 5 year contract and leave him on the bench. Rowles is going to be worth serious coin IF he keeps progressing. Not sure what the back 3 or 4 will be when Halkett comes back, but I expect Rowles to play in both formations. He's played international games at LB too, so it won't be something new for him. 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

Probably not mate, but if all the teams in the top division had a reserve squad playing against each other every week it would allow 1st team fringe players/players recovering from injury who are not selected in the 1st team match squad that week to get some much needed game time against a decent level of opposition.

It would also give the best youngsters from the B team the chance to show what they can do against better players and also give a better indication as to how ready our best youngsters are for 1st team football. Its hard to know if your youngsters are ready when they are playing against part time football players on a weekly basis  but if they are showing up well against your fringe players from Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen ect then you know they are ready if called up on.

Playing against top pro's returning from injury and fringe players pushing for a 1st team spot at other SPL clubs surely has to be more beneficial than playing in the Lowland League or being loaned out to other lower league clubs.

Agree with all that 👍

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I would definitely say we could . Our B team is essentially an U20 side or whatever , and we used to have reserve and U21 I think years ago

I'm just not sure the rules allow B team & reserve team simultaneously, maybe @Footballfirst knows the answer to that one

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Forgot this one “ made of glass “ ( chocolate also permitted ) and sticking with food , heart of a pea 

You also forgot to answer my query...

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Watch this space 

Aye, okay pal

Gonnnae stop posting it now?

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I'm just not sure the rules allow B team & reserve team simultaneously, maybe @Footballfirst knows the answer to that one

I think we would probably just go with reserves and underage groups . Sorry I was not very clear 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I think we would probably just go with reserves and underage groups . Sorry I was not very clear 

Ah, Ok 👍

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Ah, Ok 👍

B Team is a nice idea and if it was able to go higher up the pyramid I would be happy to keep it but LL to Premiership is too big a justo and requires loans to bridge the gap . The old reserve league was absolutely fine and it is a good experience to mix kids with established pros 

4 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

Reserve league is the best scenario,players coming back from injury, plus young players facing seasoned pros,great experience for them,a win win.