• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• TWF

• jamboozy

• William H. Bonney

10 minutes ago, barney392 said:

May not be the greatest goal, but definitely one of the cleanest strikes from distance.....

George Cowie v st Johnstone at muirton Park... at least 40 yds out and wind assisted on a flooded pitch.

I remember that. Hogmanay and 1-0 down at half time playing into the wind.

9 minutes ago, barney392 said:

May not be the greatest goal, but definitely one of the cleanest strikes from distance.....

George Cowie v st Johnstone at muirton Park... at least 40 yds out and wind assisted on a flooded pitch.

Remember that goal his shot was next to the shed right on the throw in line 

4 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Remember that goal his shot was next to the shed right on the throw in line 

Good memory...... Cowie and Donald Park goals.... horrible conditions 

5 hours ago, been here before said:

Just so John Colqhoun gets a mention Ill go for this... bearing in mind the pitch and conditions:

https://m.facebook.com/spflofficial/videos/john-colquhoun-motherwell-v-hearts-13-01-90/3026208267424057/

Or...

My favourite ever hearts goal 

we were underdogs that day had just signed mo Johnston during the week.

was convinced we were going to lose. 

was right behind goals with my dad. Didn’t think it was going in when he hit it 

seemed in the air an eternity 
ball just dipped and dipped and then  swoosh of the nets wow 

Leighton lying in the goal mouth 

remember it like it was yesterday 

Honourable mention Willie Jamieson v Celtic

Robbo at Tannadice in 86 for me

I thought we’d win the league 

Jack Torrance

Robbo Tannadice '86. Closely followed by Hartley's first with the outside of the foot from Jankauskas' Cross in the semi against that lot in 2006.

I thought some of the goals v Hibs in the 90s were classic.

I remember a couple of Jim Leighton blunders in particular.

My favourite was the goal scored by Mickey where he side-foots the ball into the net following Jim Hamilton’s blocking of Leighton’s attempted clearance.

Ozturk for me. Nobody was expecting it & yet it’s just classic Edinburgh Derby behaviour - that goal gave us the belief that we’d genuinely win that league at the first attempt I’m convinced of it

Just now, Sir PH said:

The policeman going on his erse.🙈

I know and the facial expressions of the security guys.

Are there any JKB posters on here who ran onto the pitch?

Just now, Deodato said:

I was in my old season ticket seat, close to the away fans. I even spotted my old boss in the Celtic end, who was giving me pelters, right up until Jose equalised. That was one of the best Monday morning's at work I've had.😁

11 hours ago, Valois No1 said:

Ricardo Fuller against Motherwell from inside his own half......skinned about 5 players and puts it in the ingin bag.

I'm going to back that one, mainly because it was the second live match I ever went to. Superb goal to view live. Hoping for more like that in the future.

Fort Vallance

Robbo's first against Hibs in the 3-2 win. The composure from such a young player was incredible.  And the shape of things to come.

Robbos goal vs Rangers that equalled, or broke, Wardhaughs record.

Edited by Fraggle

Steve Fulton scored a cracker vs the sheep in the 98 - 99 season. Chested it and sent a dipping swerving outside of his left boot volly into the top corner past a helpless Jim Leighton.

Can't find it on YouTube though

Paul Hartley's first in the 2006 Cup Semi-FInal.   Tremendous high-speed break, started by Sir Paul, out to Sir Rudolf on the wing, great run and perfect pass back into the middle for Sir Paul to glance it with the outside of his foot in at the post.  What a move !!

16 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Robbo v Hibs in 3-2 game 1983 (yep the one that video forgot!).  Brought down a kick out from Henry Smith, switched the ball from right to left foot and chipped Alan Rough from outside the box.  Yeah maybe I am swayed by nostalgia particularly as those who were there only have their own memories but what I witnessed was just class and a defining moment in the changing fortunes of the Edinburgh derby.

Surprised it did not get mentioned until the second page.

Brilliant goal.

Another favourite George Cowie winner at Muirton Park.

23 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

im sticking with Robbo at Tannadice 1986 and nobody will convince me otherwise.

I was at that game. That was a screamer. That and super Wayne Fosters goal at Easter Rd. Oh I've got more but that's just some from the 80s. 

11 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Robbo's first against Hibs in the 3-2 win. The composure from such a young player was incredible.  And the shape of things to come.

When I daydream about great Hearts goals, that’s the one that comes to mind first.

Next, for the pure emotion of it, would be Ginelly’s goal during the minutes applause last season. I really struggled to hold back tears. I’ve always thought that goal must have eased just a wee bit of pain for that family. Powerful stuff.

5 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I was at that game. That was a screamer. That and super Wayne Fosters goal at Easter Rd. Oh I've got more but that's just some from the 80s. 

Foster's was 1994 😁

millerjames398

To add to JCs volley goal at easter rd...his maradonaesque solo goal on a coo field against motherwell in the cup,,was just unbelievable, ripped them to shreds, then drops the shoulder to go round maxwell..a womderful goal from an amazing player👍🏼🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

On 01/11/2023 at 12:13, gordon simpson said:

Seen hundreds of great goals but one sticks in my mind ,Roald Jensen at parkhead from the corner ,was only a kid and seen it on tv but will never forget it ,my other favorite was Ferguson against Bayern Munich  

I was at that. 1968/9. I know that most Kickbackers aren't old farts like me, but Drew Busby had some terrific strikes. My own favourite (it's on you tube) is the third v Hibs in the 4-1 in August 1973, when John Stevenson broke through and was brought down and Donald Ford rammed it in. Just after they made it 2-1.

In terms of just a goal, with no context of who we’re playing or how important it was then it’s really hard to see by Stephen Humprheys last season.

In terms of importance, for me it’s Beattie v Celtic. He misses that then we probably don’t get to the final and we dont experience one of the greatest days in our club’s history. The celebration aswell 🏃‍♂️😂

A mixture of ability and importance could probably see it given to Ozturk, I mean how many people thought “ffs dont shoot” when we seen him teeing it up 😂

12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Paul Hartley's first in the 2006 Cup Semi-FInal.   Tremendous high-speed break, started by Sir Paul, out to Sir Rudolf on the wing, great run and perfect pass back into the middle for Sir Paul to glance it with the outside of his foot in at the post.  What a move !!

That was an absolute cracking team goal that, really good shout.But when you mention the 2006 semi I’m instinctively thinking Hartley’s free kick

Edited by AC Mallin_51

Humps is up there. 

Rudi's got a few.

Left peg "Serie A goals" 

Gary Naysmith v Aberdeen

Austin McCann v Celtic

Paul McCallum v Killie

Lee Wallace v Killie at Rugby Park when he skinned 3 or 4 players? Have I dreamt that. 

Neil McCann v Killie, I'm sure that was a dummy, a one-two and Nelly ****ing buries it. 

Darren Jackson v Dundee Utd when he chipped the keeper, that was silky as ****. 

Maradona 86 efforts

Driver v Falkirk? 

Fuller v ??? Cannae mins. 

On 01/11/2023 at 10:59, Samuel Camazzola said:

Glynn Snodin v Slavia Prague. 

25/30 yards top corner which smashed off the stanchion. 

^^ Is the correct answer

7 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Worth a shout. 1m 35secs in.

yup

also that it came at the end of a minute’s applause made it really special. Technically superb strike. 

Kingsley at Hampden absolute stunner, couldn't of picked a better stage to score. 

Stevo at Easter Road deserves a mention. 

One of my all time favourites, but probably not Hearts best ever was Rudi's last at Easter Road on the volley at the away end. Peach.  

3 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

yup

also that it came at the end of a minute’s applause made it really special. Technically superb strike. 

Love that Gino couldn't hold the "cool guy" persona after scoring, tried to and had to do a few wee fist pumps after :D  (1:48-1:49)

Why did he have to leave :( 

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Humps is up there. 

Rudi's got a few.

Left peg "Serie A goals" 

Gary Naysmith v Aberdeen

Austin McCann v Celtic

Paul McCallum v Killie

Lee Wallace v Killie at Rugby Park when he skinned 3 or 4 players? Have I dreamt that. 

Neil McCann v Killie, I'm sure that was a dummy, a one-two and Nelly ****ing buries it. 

Maradona 86 efforts

Driver v Falkirk? 

Fuller v Motherwell? 

Templeton scored after a mazey run v Hibs. Great finish. 

One that is not often mentioned is Pointon's chip over Goram in 2-0 win a few weeks before 96 final. 

Other belters were:

Miko v Hibs (3-2)

Miko v Celtic

Cesnauskas v Celtic - Hampden

Jankauskas v Partick

Rudi v St Mirren (he scored a few against them but one from distance sticks out). 

21 hours ago, Deodato said:

I did.

my ST that season was the front row, most right hand seat in the Wheatfield. Terrible seat, used to have polis and medical staff standing in front of me. That goal went in and I looked at my mate who had the seat next to me and we were in agreement “aye let’s do this”.

I justify it all considering the disappointing seat. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Love that Gino couldn't hold the "cool guy" persona after scoring, tried to and had to do a few wee fist pumps after :D  (1:48-1:49)

Why did he have to leave :( 

ha ha yes.

Also you can see in the clip a few minutes before when he’s raging his sublime back kick never came to anything when Cochrane skies it. 
pumped up Gino was the best.

Stevo at ER in the LC when we were due a humping was magnificent.

Unbelievable hit.

2 mins in.

Also follows Kyle header against the Hibs 😎

Edited by GlasgoJambo

19 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

You beat me to it.

The speed and accuracy of the passing, in front of an audience who are connoisseurs of flair, and who, to this day, feel sorry for us having to watch "hoofball", never for one moment realising that the joke's on them.

Yet again. Who's going to tell them?

What a goal.

What a day.

What a team we had.

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Humps is up there. 

Rudi's got a few.

Left peg "Serie A goals" 

Gary Naysmith v Aberdeen

Austin McCann v Celtic

Paul McCallum v Killie

Maradona 86 efforts

Driver v Falkirk? 

No your memory is correct! I remember the Lee Wallace goal at killie. Brilliant 🤩 His dad was in front of me at that match (unaware it was him until the goal) I remember him being practically on his knees punching the air shouting ‘that’s my boy out there, my boy’ to all of us around him! Sheer joy and pride. He couldn’t contain himself. It was a great moment 😊

can’t remember the year though 🤔

21 hours ago, Hansel said:

Steve Fulton scored a cracker vs the sheep in the 98 - 99 season. Chested it and sent a dipping swerving outside of his left boot volly into the top corner past a helpless Jim Leighton.

Can't find it on YouTube though

Was looking for the same one just now. Good start to the season beat Rangers before Aberdeen and then nose dived from there iirc 😕

Edited by WDJ87