The best goal Hearts ever scored

rudi must stay

54 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Ozturk v Hibs has to be up there

92nd minute, down to 10 men, and a goal down at Easter Road.  An massively bitter Hibs manager calling it a fluke, only for Ozturk to do it again 2 weeks later. 

The only way this goal could have been any better was if it was the winning goal. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• TWF

• jamboozy

• William H. Bonney

My pal at school rubbed my nose in it for missing the game - Hearts 2-0 Partick in November 1968 - but I still remember the papers' descriptions. Only a small crowd at the game.

Roald Jensen dribbled in the first from the centre circle past about five players and round the goalie. Willie Hamilton thought "Anything you can do, I can do better" so got the ball in his own half and proceeded to dribble past about 6 players and the goalie to make it 2-0.  Jack Harkness (ex-Hearts goalie and Wembley Wizard for Scotland) said in the Sunday Post it was the best goal he'd ever seen so that'll do me 😁.

58 minutes ago, been here before said:

Here we go again.

Ferguson never scored a free kick v Bayern.

Why do folk persist with this?

Was about to post the exact same thing! 

20 minutes ago, Bauld said:

DON'T SHOOT!!!!.......YAAAAAAAASSSSS!!!!!

The whole moment. All of it. The timing. Being behind. Down to 10 men. 

It was a proper all hope is lost situation. 

Then boom!

Bedlam 

Look of disbelieve on the wee Hibs supporter with the glasses makes this clip.

57 minutes ago, been here before said:

Here we go again.

It was a set piece, we all know what Queensland meant. Hopefully you’ll get your first ride soon mate. 

2 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Small assist to the ref who asked Tosh to move a yard infield from where the ball was originally placed. The wall was fine for the first spot but Tosh picked the ball up, put it down and took the kick in the blink of an eye so that did help Fergie. It was still some strike.

One of my favourite's is Hartley's first on 2/4/6. A sweeping move from one end of Hampden to the other and a brilliant finish from Sir Paul.

been here before
17 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Phew, just as well you never cause Dazo would have been right in about you.

:rofl:

56 minutes ago, Carter said:

Some crackers already mentioned. Ferguson strike against Bayern shall forever remain the fondest of memories. That evening was electric against a top top side. We should've beaten them over two games. A real privilege to be in attendance that evening. A wonderful European campaign. 

Glyn Snodin freekick against Slavia Prague was an unbelievable strike. Pointon scored a superb goal at Easter Road on the half volley. Went in like a missile.

Robbo at Tannadice is my own favourite. You could've had 3 keepers in goal for that and they collectively would've had no chance. 

Also scored a peach in a 2-0 home win v Rangers in 96, for some reason he was in the middle of the pitch, someone dummied the ball, he picked it up and drove forward, cheeky wee drag back to let the rangers defender run past him then clips the ball from 25/30 yards out, across and over the keeper into the far corner

2 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

im sticking with Robbo at Tannadice 1986 and nobody will convince me otherwise.

1 hour ago, NLTFTh said:

Robbo against Scumdee Utd in 1986..

Memories 👍

59 minutes ago, Marvin said:

After that I actually thought we were going to actually win the league. 

I'd say it was the Sandy Clark goals that were the moments we believed we were going to win the league.

Nearly 40 years later it retains a golden highlight. 

Robbo v Hibs in 3-2 game 1983 (yep the one that video forgot!).  Brought down a kick out from Henry Smith, switched the ball from right to left foot and chipped Alan Rough from outside the box.  Yeah maybe I am swayed by nostalgia particularly as those who were there only have their own memories but what I witnessed was just class and a defining moment in the changing fortunes of the Edinburgh derby.

NextGenerationJambo
1 hour ago, gov said:

For a team goal it has to be pinilla but Kingsley free kick against hibs in the semi is just amazing

Surprised more people haven't mentioned Kingsley's freekick. The very definition of a worldie. 

NextGenerationJambo
1 hour ago, gov said:

For a team goal it has to be pinilla but Kingsley free kick against hibs in the semi is just amazing

Edited by NextGenerationJambo
Double post

MR INCREDIBLE

For mental crowd scenes for me it was Alan Preston’s header in a cup semi v Rangers at Parkhead.

Sadly we ended up getting beat 😥🇱🇻

51 minutes ago, been here before said:

Just so John Colqhoun gets a mention Ill go for this... bearing in mind the pitch and conditions:

https://m.facebook.com/spflofficial/videos/john-colquhoun-motherwell-v-hearts-13-01-90/3026208267424057/

Or...

absolutely brilliant wee player, and scorer of some beautiful goals, especially one in jan1990 ? think it was cup v well at tyney, ran from half way line beat 4 players and rolled it in ,maybe 3-0 that day

2 hours ago, Tour22 said:

Humphrys is right up there.

I was at the game against QOS when Willie Hamilton scored that goal !

Absolutely brilliant !

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Here we go again.

Okay, the free kick from Tosh and the shot from Ferguson, but what a strike...... bedlam

3 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

im sticking with Robbo at Tannadice 1986 and nobody will convince me otherwise.

This 👍

3 hours ago, Салатные палочки said:

Pinilla at Pittodrie. 

Actually this one 👍

3 hours ago, Valois No1 said:

Ricardo Fuller against Motherwell from inside his own half......skinned about 5 players and puts it in the ingin bag.

Sorry, it's this one 👍

3 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Austin Mccann vs Celtic at Tynecastle

What a goal

Ach, forgot about that one 👍

Selkirkhmfc1874
47 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Against Aberdeen ?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was , sure it was in his first spell and against Jim Leighton I'm sure

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was , sure it was in his first spell and against Jim Leighton I'm sure

I have absolutely zero memory of this. Tynecastle or Pittodrie? 

So many to try and decide but the one that will always feel like it was in slow motion in my head was Adam 98, it was such a marvellous moment.

Shooter McGavin

Probably not the best Hearts goal ever, but the first one that sprung to mind when I read the thread title was Kingsley vs Hibs at Hampden.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Donald Ford’s goal in the 4-1 win over H1b5 September 1973. Ford started the move in his own box. Slipped the ball to John Stevenson who ran half the length of the park before passing to Donald who had matched him for pace and crashed the ball into the net. Absolute peach of a goal.

Bazzas right boot

Always had a fondness for JC's lob v hibs.

Totally unexpected and a quality goal. Don't see many of them.

Aged about 14 I went tonto

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Also scored a peach in a 2-0 home win v Rangers in 96, for some reason he was in the middle of the pitch, someone dummied the ball, he picked it up and drove forward, cheeky wee drag back to let the rangers defender run past him then clips the ball from 25/30 yards out, across and over the keeper into the far corner

Great signing for us. Could ping some ball and was one tough individual.

Edited by Carter

Anyone recall a robbo free kick against Aberdeen into the beach end goal, circa 1990 or 1991. It was a midweek game I am sure and was fairly similar to the Davie Cooper league cup final free kick. Sheer power from a dead ball, into top corner. Probably one of my favourites.

10 minutes ago, Cambo said:

Anyone recall a robbo free kick against Aberdeen into the beach end goal, circa 1990 or 1991. It was a midweek game I am sure and was fairly similar to the Davie Cooper league cup final free kick. Sheer power from a dead ball, into top corner. Probably one of my favourites.

I do.

I had just arrived late and seen the net swell and the crowd roar. Didn't actually see it, but I seen the bedlam :lol:

Toxteth O'Grady
48 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Tynecastle 

The one I’m thinking of was a free kick towards the school end. Somebody (Robbo?) rolled it sideways and McPherson leathered it.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, tian447 said:

92nd minute, down to 10 men, and a goal down at Easter Road.  An massively bitter Hibs manager calling it a fluke, only for Ozturk to do it again 2 weeks later. 

The only way this goal could have been any better was if it was the winning goal. 

The wee lad with the specs face.🤣

Get used it son, you've got a long road ahead of you of these moments.

5 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Ian Ferguson free kick v Bayern in UEFA quarter finals.

I can’t believe that was 36 years ago.

That's the winner right there.  The copper in front of us whose job in these days was to watch the crowd, turned around to watch it and went bananas when it went in. Always wondered if he got away with it! Also one of the best mini-events in my life that was. Next game we kept shouting SHOOT to Ian as soon as he got  the ball. Happy memories. 

This ain’t the best or most important but Danny Grainger’s penalty going in at Hampden was just a feeling you’ll never get again. We were the better team and had beat them all season but it was still only 2-1 and you just never know in football. As soon as that hit then net it was like ‘Aye, that’s it. We’re winning the Scottish cup, pumping Hibs in the final’

Edited by DS98

3 hours ago, cazzyy said:

This 👍

Actually this one 👍

Sorry, it's this one 👍

Ach, forgot about that one 👍

Lol. All great goals 

May not be the greatest goal, but definitely one of the cleanest strikes from distance.....

George Cowie v st Johnstone at muirton Park... at least 40 yds out and wind assisted on a flooded pitch.