*** Official Rangers (2012) v Heart of Midlothian -Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

We can’t afford that this season when the prize is so big, imagine St Mirren getting £5m for finishing 3rd ffs, that would give me the dry heave! We’ll be lucky to be top half at this rate. 

Sorry, my tone didn't come through my post :D 

I don't believe Naismith should have got the job because of his lack of experience. 

I believe his lack of experience is having an impact on games, e.g. shunting our whole back 4 about v Hibs instead of just bringing on Halliday, replacing our whole midfield today (etc. etc.) 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• pettigrewsstylist

• Gizmo

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Haring should never play for us again, absolutely raging at that utter prick! 

Naisy got it spot on first half, and then completely wrong the second half, I don’t get it! 🤷🏼‍♂️

You think SN actually told the players to sit back and defend for 45 minutes?  I very much doubt it but that’s what generally happens at Ibrox or Parkhead. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

At the time thought Offiah was subbed because he was on a booking.

He came off pointing to his lower back.

39 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

How big do you think the fine would be?

And do you think the referees would be more even-handed towards Hearts after those searching questions?

I think we're pissing against the wind.

Yip, Vlad spoke up on what we all knew was the truth and amazingly things actually got worse against us. 

The sooner people realise that it’s rigged and always has been then the sooner their blood pressure will go down. 

The only way to beat it is to be better than them on the field. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You think SN actually told the players to sit back and defend for 45 minutes?  I very much doubt it but that’s what generally happens at Ibrox or Parkhead. 

He does, plenty others do too. It's almost like they've never seen an old firm home game before.

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Sorry, my tone didn't come through my post :D 

I don't believe Naismith should have got the job because of his lack of experience. 

I believe his lack of experience is having an impact on games, e.g. shunting our whole back 4 about v Hibs instead of just bringing on Halliday, replacing our whole midfield today (etc. etc.) 

His experience has nothing to do with the individual errors that cost us in those games. Take those out and we win both so I don’t think you can blame the changes. In both games after the changes we still like the game plan was working especially against hibs. As for bringing Halliday on ? You seem the match day thread ? People losing their minds because he brought Halliday on. 

That said you can only make excuses for so long especially if he keeps playing the players that are making the errors. 

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

He does, plenty others do too. It's almost like they've never seen an old firm home game before.

How do you know that?  Goes against what he normally says in his interviews but if you can quote me where he’s said that then fair enough, otherwise I’ll just assume you’re making shit up.  

It’s almost as if the other 10 teams aren’t good enough to play on the front foot and dominate the game in Glasgow.  Almost as if they have 10 x the player budget we do and the better players that brings. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Go for it 1308
51 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Congratulations for proving me right. 👍

It's called the justified criticism ffs! Just out of interest...why did you pick on Vargas to be next in line for criticism from fans o  here...you must have seen something as well to merit it ? 🤔  . Stop being a bawbag 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

This chat of inviting pressure is bollocks, ofcourse Rangers are going to pin us back its inevitable.  Naismith had it spot on until, 1 we had to go to.our bench for players that clearly aren't up to it and 2 Haring let down the whole club with some horrendous defending and decision making .

Not been a fan of Naismith but he doesn't deserve to cop it for today .

No matter criticism it was working and just a stupid error cost us. 

14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How do you know that?  Goes against what he normally says in his interviews but if you can quote me where he’s said that then fair enough, otherwise I’ll just assume you’re making shit up.  

It’s almost as if the other 10 teams aren’t good enough to play on the front foot and dominate the game in Glasgow.  Almost as if they have 10 x the player budget we do and the better players that brings. 

You've picked me up wrong. You asked the poster if he thought SN told the players to sit back and defend. My reply was "he does" meaning the poster does think that, no way did SN actually say it though.

13 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

It's called the justified criticism ffs! Just out of interest...why did you pick on Vargas to be next in line for criticism from fans o  here...you must have seen something as well to merit it ? 🤔  . Stop being a bawbag 

I'm not the bawbag, I'm calling out the bawbags. The one's who need a boo boy to vent their frustrations at, folk like you as it happens.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

You've picked me up wrong. You asked the poster if he thought SN told the players to sit back and defend. My reply was "he does" meaning the poster does think that, no way did SN actually say it though.

Ah ok, apologies. 👍

To be fair, I doubt Neilson or other recent managers have told them to play that way either but always seems to happen.  It’s ok defending and being well organised but the players have to be braver and make better decisions when these half opportunities present themselves.

39 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Naisy got it spot on first half, and then completely wrong the second half, I don’t get it! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Bullshit.

It was for 80 odd minutes as good as we’ll ever get in Glasgow.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ah ok, apologies. 👍

To be fair, I doubt Neilson or other recent managers have told them to play that way either but always seems to happen.  It’s ok defending and being well organised but the players have to be braver and make better decisions when these half opportunities present themselves.

It's natural to start defending deeper when hanging on to a slender lead especially away from home to a superior opponent. It's shite when it's your team and it doesn't come off but it's always been that way.

Go for it 1308
3 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

I'm not the bawbag, I'm calling out the bawbags. The one's who need a boo boy to vent their frustrations at, folk like you as it happens.

It's called justified criticism....he made a dick of himself pulling that shirt and ultimately costing us that match.  If you don't think that...then yes....you're the ultimate bawbag

8 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

It's called justified criticism....he made a dick of himself pulling that shirt and ultimately costing us that match.  If you don't think that...then yes....you're the ultimate bawbag

It's not justified criticism that I have a problem with it's the personal stuff that is way out of order. Stuff that keyboard warriors like you seem to revel in.

3 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

It's not justified criticism that I have a problem with it's the personal stuff that is way out of order. Stuff that keyboard warriors like you seem to revel in.

What personal stuff?

Go for it 1308
8 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

8 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Well I called you a bawbag and you called me and other posters babwbags...so what's your problem?

Screenshot_20231029_192349_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Go for it 1308

Go for it 1308
2 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Well I called you a bawbag and you called me and other posters babwbags...so what's your problem?

Screenshot_20231029_192349_Chrome.jpg

There you go

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

We can’t afford that this season when the prize is so big, imagine St Mirren getting £5m for finishing 3rd ffs, that would give me the dry heave! We’ll be lucky to be top half at this rate. 

The sheep will catch them. Where we end up....jurys out but points are leaking away.

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Sounds like Naismith thinks there should be a foul for a block at the second penalty.   VAR missed it apparently.   Beaton not informed was his excuse.   Convenient.    Sportscene for further torture later. ☺ 

Hearts were outstanding today.   Hurts that Haring was naive to think that's not getting checked on VAR.   Naive to think they wouldn't make their own rules up.  

It was unfortunately another defeat. 

I'll not be watching Sporscene, but you can bet there were three or four fouls going on at the penalty, most of them before the fatal one. Giving  VAR a choice is not a good idea.

In the first half two minutes became four, how does that happen? Anyway, there was fight and attitude, and that will do me for the season.

Edited by upgotheheads

K Miller is a prick! Cochrane's cross for the goal is "hopeful" whereas the cross for their winning goal is "a wonderful cross that was right on the money". ****ing idiot. 

For the penalty Lundstram definitely blocks Haring but can't blame the officials for giving the foul tbh, Haring sold the jerseys unfortunately. Wtf was he thinking?! 

Better performance, formation and tactics overall though. Looked more like Rangers raised their game in the second half rather than us conceding ground. Hope we can build on the positives, gutting result but a big improvement overall. 

If certain players can't cut out their frequent basic errors, they need emptied and replaced in January! It's happening way too often! 

Hope Gordon and Halkett get back very soon. 

Go for it 1308
30 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

What on earth are you slavering about?

Read your message in the screenshot where you call people bawbags ...yet you complained of Personal abuse 

Edited by Go for it 1308

Dreadful second half after a promising first half. PH should be finished, he should have been allowed to go last summer , another part of the shambles we are ! If he doesn’t tug the jersey , they aren’t winning that game , which shows how inept they were ! 

I cannot see us beating them next week , unless we can press for the full game or get two goals up early ! 

28 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

The sheep will catch them. Where we end up....jurys out but points are leaking away.

Aye, their display today makes that a racing certainty. 😄

1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

K Miller is a prick! Cochrane's cross for the goal is "hopeful" whereas the cross for their winning goal is "a wonderful cross that was right on the money". ****ing idiot. 

For the penalty Lundstram definitely blocks Haring but can't blame the officials for giving the foul tbh, Haring sold the jerseys unfortunately. Wtf was he thinking?! 

Better performance, formation and tactics overall though. Looked more like Rangers raised their game in the second half rather than us conceding ground. Hope we can build on the positives, gutting result but a big improvement overall. 

If certain players can't cut out their frequent basic errors, they need emptied and replaced in January! It's happening way too often! 

Hope Gordon and Halkett get back very soon. 

😀 

I noticed that comment as well.   Hopeful Hearts,  on the money Rangers.    Full of shit Miller. 

Additional while I'm posting not directing the following paragraph  to you. 

Lundstrom blocked Haring a little but Haring already had Goldsons shirt.   It would need explaining where the block was. 

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Sorry. Anyone saying this is not paying attention. The sheep are far worse than us. Awful team

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sorry. Anyone saying this is not paying attention. The sheep are far worse than us. Awful team

Yep the sheep are shite 

with the exception of StMirren I really don’t think there is anything for us to fear, if we stop making mistakes 

My fear is who in maroon is going to make the next mistake.  

Halliday and harring both showed why SN doesn’t fancy them (unless Injuries leave us with no choice). But surely we’ve got young players coming through who are better options than those two at their age ?

Nelly Terraces

Really finding it hard to find what people are moaning about, both penalties were the correct decision & the defending for the winner was terrible.

Sums up this team, management & club board. 

Just weak. And a bit shit.

25 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

😀

I noticed that comment as well.   Hopeful Hearts,  on the money Rangers.    Full of shit Miller. 

Additional while I'm posting not directing the following paragraph  to you. 

Lundstrom blocked Haring a little but Haring already had Goldsons shirt.   It would need explaining where the block was. 

Looking at the coverage, Haring has a hold of his jersey, then Lundstram (facing away from the ball) moves into Harings path intentionally, stopping Haring from going with the runner as he moves to attack the cross. Lundstram does impede Haring, a move clearly worked on in training, a foul yes, but Haring had hold of the jersey before this happened. Poor by Haring, in fact fekn stupidity tbh. 

38 minutes ago, fila said:

Dreadful second half after a promising first half. PH should be finished, he should have been allowed to go last summer , another part of the shambles we are ! If he doesn’t tug the jersey , they aren’t winning that game , which shows how inept they were ! 

I cannot see us beating them next week , unless we can press for the full game or get two goals up early ! 

Rangers at home were always going to force us back for spells but I never felt

we came close to working the ball in the second half the way we did in the first.    

The courage goes out the players too easy to keep making positive runs to take the ball and it has a knock on effect throughout the team.  We end up too cautious and sitting in, filling gaps.  

We had a few breaks up the park but the gap between the midfield and strikers was getting bigger……we never really won many breaks of the ball higher up the park like we did in the first half. 

Edited by Debut 4

12 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Really finding it hard to find what people are moaning about, both penalties were the correct decision & the defending for the winner was terrible.

Sums up this team, management & club board. 

Just weak. And a bit shit.

Fouls not given to Hearts at the other end just before the 90 minute penalty 

And the first penalty being given in the 48th minute after 2 minutes added time announced.

That was Nieuwenhof’s best game for us IMO, really liked his style and hope it’s a sign of things to come.

Fair play to the girl with the pink hair, 2 huns in the away end, a young couple who appeared after 15 minutes, filming the penalty and then the crowd after their first goal, paint hair girl got them well told and they left.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I'll not be watching Sporscene, but you can bet there were three or four fouls going on at the penalty, most of them before the fatal one. Giving  VAR a choice is not a good idea.

In the first half two minutes became four, how does that happen? Anyway, there was fight and attitude, and that will do me for the season.

Correct two minutes announced and penalty given in the fourth minute - They're taking the absolute pish 

Decent performance today, much better than I expected.  Still some way to go though in terms of cutting out silly errors, both pens and the winner were schoolboy errors.  I can see where Naismith was coming from during the week with his mistakes comments.  Today certainly confirmed it, in fact almost a self-fulfilling prophesy from the manager.  Anyway his problem to fix and he needs to do it soon. Big game coming up on Wednesday because after todays performance expectations will be high and the injury list looks like it got bigger today. 

Malinga the Swinga

Not sure as I don't go on other clubs fan sites but the so called Hearts fans who are willing to back out referees on each and every occasion they penalise us really piss me off. Imagine hating your own club so much you would back Beaton over Hearts.

Unsurprisingly, it's the same unhappy supporters who complain daily about everything.

Malinga the Swinga
22 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Correct two minutes announced and penalty given in the fourth minute - They're taking the absolute pish 

Now now, we can't complain because Haring was slow in marking Goldson therefore every decision ref made in whole game was fair and deserved. Additional time added on, pushes on our players in the back ignored, unwarranted bookings made but there you go, we deserve all of it because Naismith is our manager.

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, Trigger said:

Bullshit.

It was for 80 odd minutes as good as we’ll ever get in Glasgow.

Aye, we were outstanding second half eh? 🤦‍♂️ 

IMG_5912.png

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was a very good goal.

Aw!  Thanks again for taking time out of your day to post a link.

Cheers, Mike.  👍❤️

5 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Not fresh in mind it seems though.  I’ve already quoted someone else but why the unforced subs?   When a team is in the “zone” together, leave them unless someone is absolutely f*****.

I hate this new fad of managers making multiple subs. Not a fan of it and never will be.  Haring didn’t need to be on.   We all saw it ages ago, he’s finished.  Slow and plodding.  He was good years ago but injuries have clearly take its toll.  

Agree.  He's now a liability and there was no reason to come on. That said, we gave them far too much of the ball in the second half, standing off and letting them come onto us.

Also our breaks up field lacked sufficient accuracy, especially from Vargas who continues to take the wrong option with his final pass, when confidence to take the ball further would maybe have produced a better result.

Anyway, gutted notto  take anything from the game, except that it was a far better performance and that's what we need to take into Wednesday's game.

Two points:  First,  the officials tried every VAR jolt from Muir searching for a penalty. Succeeded, as you know eventually, ignoring foul in the lead up.  Beaton obviously doesn't believe that a Rangers player commits a foul when he blatantly pushes a Hearts player in the back. 

Second, why did we retreat into lying so deep in the second half?  Once we were over the first quarter of the second half, why did we not push on the break by adopting the successful tactics of the first half?  Why put Forrest on instead of Odo?  Forrest is living off that goal, he is dross.  Odo is more competitive and dangerous.  

Footnote:  Beni getting stick in previous games. Made a few mistakes but overall contributed, which makes him look a better than average midfielder.  Trouble is some are comparing him with himself pre-injury.  Compare his performance today with the wee man's. 

5 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Not fresh in mind it seems though.  I’ve already quoted someone else but why the unforced subs?   When a team is in the “zone” together, leave them unless someone is absolutely f*****.

I hate this new fad of managers making multiple subs. Not a fan of it and never will be.  Haring didn’t need to be on.   We all saw it ages ago, he’s finished.  Slow and plodding.  He was good years ago but injuries have clearly take its toll.  

Agree about your comment on subs but the worst substitution was Forrest. Should have been Odo.