• Carter

Cameronstheman
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Actually quite a few of us down here who go to games everyweek 

You posted what you felt the time, no big deal to me or many i dare say 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Cameronstheman said:

You posted what you felt the time, no big deal to me or many i dare say 

Exactly , nobody more pleased than me that I was completely wrong because Hearts are winning 

The only downside I suppose, is not one person will ever pay attention to any criticism you make of the club or it’s staff ever again. 😂

I backed the players 😎 

It was Naismith that I thought was no good 😬

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

You had a fair rage through a few posts on here. Its been funny reading through it again though. The benefits of hindsight. Fair play for holding your hands up! 👍

He didn't have much choice to be fair, that op was a belter. 😄

I wouldn't mind betting that when it eventually goes tits up he'll be right in there with the "told you so".

Edited by cazzyy

Benny Klack

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - we were really inconsistent in October. Folks shouldn’t be hung out to dry for getting frustrated with where we were at during that time.

Borders Jambo
44 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

aye know diddly squat  about football but rugby now that's a different story 

Hearts have a big support who live down here. I don't mind rugby but it's insignificant compared to watching the Jambos 

1 minute ago, Benny Klack said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - we were really inconsistent in October. Folks shouldn’t be hung out to dry for getting frustrated with where we were at during that time.

I think ‘frustrated’ doesn’t do it justice to be honest. At one point there were about three threads all started by him wanting everyone cleared out the club including Ann Budge, The CEO, Joe Savage and the whole recruitment team, Steven Naismith and his coaching staff, the Foundation Board. Absolutely no one in any frontline department got spared. 

There’s a massive difference between being frustrated and being batshit crazy. 

3 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

I think ‘frustrated’ doesn’t do it justice to be honest. At one point there were about three threads all started by him wanting everyone cleared out the club including Ann Budge, The CEO, Joe Savage and the whole recruitment team, Steven Naismith and his coaching staff, the Foundation Board. Absolutely no one in any frontline department got spared. 

:spoton:

Aussie Jambo
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is it still spot on? Asking for a friend. 

Not now. Bloody awesome at the moment. 

20 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Concern at that time was pretty justified. Performances at Dundee and St Mirren were awful. As was Motherwell and Kilmarnock at home. We've subsequently gone on a great run but it wasn't great in Sept/Oct and understandably fans were concerned. Particularly in light of the collapse of last season. 

KyleLafferty

We are going to have a run of games without a win at some point. It’s important to always judge at the end of the season 😁

gordon simpson
34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I backed the players 😎 

It was Naismith that I thought was no good 😬

I backed Naismith ,Ann Budge ,players I also back the Ultras and anything that is good for Hearts 

I am a Hearts supporter 

soonbe110
13 minutes ago, Carter said:

Concern at that time was pretty justified. Performances at Dundee and St Mirren were awful. As was Motherwell and Kilmarnock at home. We've subsequently gone on a great run but it wasn't great in Sept/Oct and understandably fans were concerned. Particularly in light of the collapse of last season. 

Folk need to remember that at AGM in mid December our ceo virtually said that the manager had four games to sort things out   Following Saturday we went to Parkhead and everything changed 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but our manager was hanging by a thread in mid December   Massive credit to him and players for the turnaround in results  

Hearts007
31 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

🤣

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Folk need to remember that at AGM in mid December our ceo virtually said that the manager had four games to sort things out   Following Saturday we went to Parkhead and everything changed 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but our manager was hanging by a thread in mid December   Massive credit to him and players for the turnaround in results  

Very much so. There is more than a little revisionism on this thread over the past few hours. 

gordon simpson
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

aye he was on a  shoogly peg due to all the pant wetters on here greeting like a bunch of wee radges 

Hearts007

Cant be bothered reading from the start.Is this "massive clearout" the club or kickback? 😜

Voice of reason

Imagine the potential long term damage to the club if the board had reacted to the demands of mass sackings at the start of this thread. Of course, it’s easy to say in hindsight. I hope some learn lessons and show a bit more patience when we go on a poor run which will inevitably happen at some point. Naismith has been an excellent appointment so far. 🙂

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Carter said:

Very much so. There is more than a little revisionism on this thread over the past few hours. 

What the CEO said was that I expect us to be in a better position after the next 4/5 matches.  He was correct. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Imagine the potential long term damage to the club if the board had reacted to the demands of mass sackings at the start of this thread. Of course, it’s easy to say in hindsight. I hope some learn lessons and show a bit more patience when we go on a poor run which will inevitably happen at some point. Naismith has been an excellent appointment so far. 🙂

All of us have hindsight but few have foresight. 

Pete Elliott
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Had mine removed at birth 👍🏻

Watt-Zeefuik
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Well I happen to have a forehead but I also can be a bit of a . . .

Anyway, I was very skeptical of Naisy in the summer and skeptical through the fall. The run of results speaks for itself but the way he's really spent time improving the players and getting them to grow is what's won me over the most.

And of course a handful of key injuries and this could all go tits up in an epic way, not this season probably but football is littered with managers who were brilliant until suddenly they weren't.

In any case even if it goes poorly at some point I'm very glad we hired Naismith because this has been a tremendously fun ride since October.

No Idle Talk

Well this is awkward 😂

To be fair, things weren't looking too clever for a while. There were even rumours that Steven Naismith was one defeat away from being emptied(can't remember which match). 

It's been quite the turnaround. Something I'm sure all of us, including the OP, are delighted about. 

46 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What the CEO said was that I expect us to be in a better position after the next 4/5 matches.  He was correct. 

He certainly was 👍

9 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

So they should be patted on the back for making butter ***** of themselves ? No hindsight is required to engage your brain, support the club and the manager and more importantly give them a chance to implement the changes required. Some people’s lack of foresight is nothing to do with hindsight. Interesting to see those falling over themselves to agree with each other it was the right things to say at that time. 

Still no one is more happier to be proved wrong eh. :rofl:

Oda be a JT

Glad I didn’t comment on the thread at the time, I was unhappy like most but glad I was willing to wait - give Naisy and the team time.

Fact is we were poor and very inconsistent at the start of the season.

Scrolling back looking for these threads/comments is a bit sad though, we all know how fickle football fans are and no doubt a couple of defeats will have negative comments all over here again - it’s just how we/JKB roll 😂 

Benny Klack
37 minutes ago, Dazo said:

So they should be patted on the back for making butter ***** of themselves ? No hindsight is required to engage your brain, support the club and the manager and more importantly give them a chance to implement the changes required. Some people’s lack of foresight is nothing to do with hindsight. Interesting to see those falling over themselves to agree with each other it was the right things to say at that time. 

Still no one is more happier to be proved wrong eh. :rofl:

Never said the poster said the right things. 

I just read it as coming from a hugely frustrated fan at the time like we all were - although they did take it to extremes.

Just think if you started digging in everyone s post history from months ago you would get some wild takes comparing where we are now. 

Edited by Benny Klack

On 23/10/2023 at 06:57, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This shit show can't go on any longer! From the top down heads must roll and now not weeks or months down the line.

Chief executive and sporting director should be utterly ashamed of themselves for appointing a manager who's only experience was managing the b team and without even the required qualifications to manage in Europe, total gross incompetence and they should be out the door this morning.

Naismith is so far out his depth it's untrue and him , McAvoy and Forrest should be out the door this morning aswell and we should be speaking to people like Jim Jefferies to help lead the search for a proper experienced management team with a track record befitting the 3rd biggest club in Scotland with the best supporters in the world.

This downright stupid experiment has got to be stopped now and people who sanctioned it held accountable because who could trust them to get next appointment correct?

Empty seats yesterday shows to me apathy has set in and it will only grow if this lot of charlatans are allowed to continue selling us short.

It's all very well growing income streams but this lot are wasting money at an alarming rate on experiments and absolute dross football players.

Get them to fcuk this morning.

This aged well.....

9 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Never said the poster said the right things. 

I just read it as coming from a hugely frustrated fan at the time like we all were - although they did take it to extremes.

Just think if you started digging in everyone s post history from months ago you would get some wild takes comparing where we are now. 

Aye fair enough and frustration is right if that’s what we are talking about here. It really isn’t though, it’s immaturity and childlike strops. You would get wild takes from the same posters right enough and give it a couple of defeats and we will see it all over again. 

Edited by Dazo

4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

This aged well.....

To be fair to Selkirk he was full on scattergun with his ramblings but his isn’t even the worst post on the thread. :rofl:

Benny Klack
10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Aye fair enough and frustration is right if that’s what we are talking about here. It really isn’t though, it’s immaturity and childlike strops. You would get wild takes from the same posters right enough and give it a couple of defeats and we will see it all over again. 

Fair enough - I’m not a consistent enough viewer of JKB to immediately spot the persistent pi5h talkers.

The original post is clearly scattergun- let’s just hope they are a bit more rational when this run we are on takes a dip.

Selkirkhmfc1874

@davemclaren can you please delete this thread ? Held my hand up that I was completely wrong and apologised but some just can't let it go

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I only have two sight and one of them is pretty dodgy so maybe even 1.5 sight. :cornette:

14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

@davemclaren can you please delete this thread ? Held my hand up that I was completely wrong and apologised but some just can't let it go

I'm only messing, mate. Although I was very much in the "give the guy some time camp" you were very much in the majority with wanting him punted. We all get it wrong. 

Jack Torrance

I think this thread would be a useful reminder when the going gets tough. If there's any future threads created on the topic of emptying anyone, they can just be merged with this. 👍

Jim Panzee
28 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

@davemclaren - before you delete the thread I think you should allow a certain someone to create a poll to see if we all agree the thread should be deleted......

:rofl:

Jambo in Bathgate
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly he didn’t come out and say Naismith was getting the sack. Also there were signs of improvement but individual errors cost us against some of the rest. Also Academy graduates were being introduced. Whereas in the past that wasn’t happening. 

frankblack
24 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

I think this thread would be a useful reminder when the going gets tough. If there's any future threads created on the topic of emptying anyone, they can just be merged with this. 👍

To be fair to the OP, at least he wasn't the one who created a thread calling for Naismith to be sacked after ONE game in charge as caretaker.

That is the thread that needs bumped for a seriously good laugh at some utter cretins. :rofl:

Bazzas right boot

Things were 50/50 back in December,  no doubt about that.

However threads like these, as well as showing the general feeling at the time really shop up the pant wetters.

More so the ones that were rabid and posting from dusk to dawn but **** off when results change for the better.

Iirc, the op started several threads in a short space " spraffing" the same shite over and  over- no need.

Everyone oot threads are always a good tho.

The crowd that jump from "everything is shite and everyvone oot" to we should be looking at "the next level" depending on the results in the last month or their medication usage really do stop any logical debate or discussion. 

The ones that post constantly then stop posting when we do well really should be a red flag.

Bazzas right boot
On 23/10/2023 at 06:57, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This shit show can't go on any longer! From the top down heads must roll and now not weeks or months down the line.

Chief executive and sporting director should be utterly ashamed of themselves for appointing a manager who's only experience was managing the b team and without even the required qualifications to manage in Europe, total gross incompetence and they should be out the door this morning.

Naismith is so far out his depth it's untrue and him , McAvoy and Forrest should be out the door this morning aswell and we should be speaking to people like Jim Jefferies to help lead the search for a proper experienced management team with a track record befitting the 3rd biggest club in Scotland with the best supporters in the world.

This downright stupid experiment has got to be stopped now and people who sanctioned it held accountable because who could trust them to get next appointment correct?

Empty seats yesterday shows to me apathy has set in and it will only grow if this lot of charlatans are allowed to continue selling us short.

It's all very well growing income streams but this lot are wasting money at an alarming rate on experiments and absolute dross football players.

Get them to fcuk this morning.

Tbf, that is a better.

Selkirk no doubt is a good Hearts man but **** me, I do worry fir the emotional state of some in here.

Bazzas right boot

Also interesting that Naebadges is not an issue now when it was make or break for a good few in determining if he was a good manager or not.

Bazzas right boot
On 23/10/2023 at 08:33, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:pleasing:

massive cull, get it done 

Where are you?

Still on this page?

Been missing last 2 months.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Ex member of the SaS

First post on this thread, so much for wanting SN out!

James Anderson was the one who calmed it down when saying getting rid of managers every six months wasn’t the way to go, effectively backing SN and taking the piss out of our neighbours at the same time. He was spot on.

Guess The Crowd

In fairness to all, a reminder of the dangers of social media.

I don't know the age of the OP, (and respect for putting your hands up), but plenty of us remember the starts to 1985/86 and 1995/96, both of which were at least as bad as the current one after a similar number of games. In both cases too the previous seasons had ended very poorly (the latter had a change of manager with JJ coming in) and there was a bit of a depressing carry over from that.

Sometimes, something just clicks and you're off. One really good, unexpected, result perhaps (there was also a 1-0 win at Parkhead October 1985), and, dare I say it, luck plays a part too.

Jim Panzee
43 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Also interesting that Naebadges is not an issue now when it was make or break for a good few in determining if he was a good manager or not.

read an old article by Niall Quinn just now - not so much questioning the coaching badges as such - but pointing out that they will lead to a lot of similarity in the style of teams play, which has more or less transpired.

Brian Clough, Bob Paisley -  I think Alex Ferguson too didn't have the badges but brought their own flavour / style to their teams.

at the moment, it looks like Naismith's man management and leadership is having more impact than his personal coaching qualifications. 

Our current success can't be down to Naismith, McAvoy and Forrest working together as a team though. That was agreed as a shambolic shambles of a shambles on here if I recall....was never going to work and a ridiculous set up to implement apparently. 

Percival King
15 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

read an old article by Niall Quinn just now - not so much questioning the coaching badges as such - but pointing out that they will lead to a lot of similarity in the style of teams play, which has more or less transpired.

Brian Clough, Bob Paisley -  I think Alex Ferguson too didn't have the badges but brought their own flavour / style to their teams.

at the moment, it looks like Naismith's man management and leadership is having more impact than his personal coaching qualifications. 

Our current success can't be down to Naismith, McAvoy and Forrest working together as a team though. That was agreed as a shambolic shambles of a shambles on here if I recall....was never going to work and a ridiculous set up to implement apparently. 

And on the coaching side, Franz Beckenbauer had no coaching experience when he took over West Gernany but took them to two World Cup finals, winning one.

This is Hearts and football and this great run we're on will inevitably come to an end at some point, we'll go on poor runs and we'll all have frustrations and disappointment when that happens but when it does happen and we're sitting 4th or 5th in the league, the solution is unlikely to be to sack the manager, coaching staff, board, chief executive, director of recruitment.

• davemclaren locked this topic