Well done Kevin Keegan on speaking out v cringe female commentators

kevin_hmfc

John Findlay

I never listen to any pundit, female or male. I don't need anyone trying to tell me anything about what my own eyes have witnessed.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kevin_hmfc

• Ulysses

• redjambo

• milky_26

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

and a number of trustpilot reviews are fake

Usually the positive ones that are fake.  As in the company giving itself a nice review.

You can tell the annoyed people are probably true when they leave a passionate one star. It's their last act as they cancel, plus they are correct with their observations.  (Either it's too woke or they don't like the price etc..)

36 minutes ago, kevin_hmfc said:

Usually the positive ones that are fake.  As in the company giving itself a nice review.

You can tell the annoyed people are probably true when they leave a passionate one star. It's their last act as they cancel, plus they are correct with their observations.  (Either it's too woke or they don't like the price etc..)

there is also lots of bad ones that are fake to try and kill off businesses

Commentary would be good if you were visually impaired or something and they just spoke about what's happening on the pitch rather than talking unrelated drivel 90% of the time. I usually turn them down.

45 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

there is also lots of bad ones that are fake to try and kill off businesses

Doubt they could kill of sky. The bad ones will be mainly genuine 

Silvery_Moon

It's a difficult one. For example If it's a men's EPL match then I guess most viewers generally expect insight / analysis from people who have played in that league.

Sky wouldn't (correct me if I'm wrong) hire a male pundit who had only played Championship level football so it could be argued that it's sexist that a woman (who also hasn't played men's EPL) is hired to provide insight where the male couldn't unless he had played men's EPL. 

I'm only talking generally here about the analysis role. Presenter and commentator roles do not require men or women who played football so should be open to everyone. 

Similarly with the women's world Cup we'd generally expect to see female pundits with knowledge of playing the women's game that a man could not provide. I did see Ian Wright popping up on occasion though. 

23 minutes ago, kevin_hmfc said:

So basically ones you agree with are genuine?

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So basically ones you agree with are genuine?

No. I said the negative ones are more likely to be genuine.  Read and understand 

Just now, kevin_hmfc said:

No. I said the negative ones are more likely to be genuine.  Read and understand 

You also said the positive ones are likely to be fake. Not a lot of complex issues to understand. 

29 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You also said the positive ones are likely to be fake. Not a lot of complex issues to understand. 

Yes well done. You got there. 

The Mighty Thor
48 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

So, has anyone on JKB cancelled their Sky subscription because of this?

I guarantee half the folk moaning will be watching on IPTV streams

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Possibly.

But the OP seems to believe it'll cost Sky.

40 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That counts as cancelling 

20 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Possibly.

But the OP seems to believe it'll cost Sky.

Yes. Sky lose a customer.  Drop in the ocean however.

47 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m not sure debating is for you. 

Pretty simple point...more fake praise ones than fake criticism ones.  

indianajones

Leanne Crichton is probably the worst and KK has likely never heard her. 

Nails on chalkboard stuff. Speaks utter pish, hates Hearts and is just no use.

rudi must stay
On 07/10/2023 at 12:08, AlphonseCapone said:

Not a commentator but studio presenter wise, Kate Abdo is excellent.

Kate Abdo is one of the worst for me

Just now, Sooperstar said:

They type extremely quietly though. 

They also don't feel strongly enough about it to cancel their Sky subscriptions, if we're to believe the OP.

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

No need to. There are millions doing it already.

36 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

They type extremely quietly though. 

Sticky keyboards are usually a bit duller.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Leanne Crichton is probably the worst and KK has likely never heard her. 

Nails on chalkboard stuff. Speaks utter pish, hates Hearts and is just no use.

Strangly I quite like her...but she isn't a commentator just a presenter 

7 hours ago, kevin_hmfc said:

I respectfully suggest that you are in no position to become embroiled in an argument about right and wrong.

6 hours ago, redjambo said:

No need to. There are millions doing it already.

Not according to the OP, though.  See below.

7 hours ago, kevin_hmfc said:

Yes. Sky lose a customer.  Drop in the ocean however.

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

You kept that quiet. ;) 

I had a deal expire .  Remember, im not saying I won't ever watch these channels, I'm saying I don't wish to pay for them 👏👏🤣.  

14 minutes ago, kevin_hmfc said:

I had a deal expire .  Remember, im not saying I won't ever watch these channels, I'm saying I don't wish to pay for them 👏👏🤣.  

Ah.  Don't people on here just phone up and pretend to cancel when their deals expire, and then get them extended?  Or does that not work?  I'm only going by some stuff I saw posted somewhere on the board.

The one that just sounds like a female version of Motson us beyond nippy .

I was tempted to unplug my naughty stick.

Then you have the yang of cocommentary from Kevhun Thompson beautifully summed up on this forum as paint watches him dry.

Anyway everybody talks pish about football.

35 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Ah.  Don't people on here just phone up and pretend to cancel when their deals expire, and then get them extended?  Or does that not work?  I'm only going by some stuff I saw posted somewhere on the board.

I ran out of good deals so just done without for a bit.  Wouldn't give them anything now.  Skywokery 

1 minute ago, kevin_hmfc said:

I ran out of good deals so just done without for a bit.  Wouldn't give them anything now.  Skywokery 

But you still, er, like to watch?  :whistling: 

19 minutes ago, Ked said:

The one that just sounds like a female version of Motson us beyond nippy .

I was tempted to unplug my naughty stick.

Then you have the yang of cocommentary from Kevhun Thompson beautifully summed up on this forum as paint watches him dry.

Anyway everybody talks pish about football.

I'm with Mr Findlay.  I don't hear the commentators, and it's only once in a while I listen to the pundits (more or less never the UK ones, because they generally talk through their holes).  There's one guy who annoys me a bit - commentates on Europa League and Champions Leagues highlights posted by some channel on YouTube.  But he's the only one I notice, TBF, and I've no idea of his name.

5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

But you still, er, like to watch?  :whistling: 

Yea , but I got more than one for each game so can shop around and weed out any with female commentators. 

Me no daft

25 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I'm with Mr Findlay.  I don't hear the commentators, and it's only once in a while I listen to the pundits (more or less never the UK ones, because they generally talk through their holes).  There's one guy who annoys me a bit - commentates on Europa League and Champions Leagues highlights posted by some channel on YouTube.  But he's the only one I notice, TBF, and I've no idea of his name.

I like punditry.

Most of its shit but the beauty of football is we all can play a wee bit and imagine a lot but talk about it all our days.

Football is so heavily entwined in world culture its only right that wummin suffer along with us all.

I can understand keegan because it's his preference.

5 years time you will be able to puck the AI commentator of your own liking 

For such what seems a meh topic has got me all futuristic.

I better get to bed soon.

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Football is so heavily entwined in world culture its only right that wummin suffer along with us all.

Can't argue with that. :laugh:

You should've heard Mme. U suffering through the Ireland v South Africa game a couple of weeks ago - but that's a totally different ball game, of course. :whistling:

Shooter McGavin

A few incels can’t hack woman talking about football, and suddenly Sky Sports are in the mud?

:cornette:

I’m sure they’re really bothered :rofl:

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

A few incels can’t hack woman talking about football, and suddenly Sky Sports are in the mud?

:cornette:

I’m sure they’re really bothered :rofl:

I'm not an incel and I think Mr Keegan probably isn't one.  

Gotta admit sky sports has gone down hill and there is a cost of living crisis.  Won't just be these incels that are cancelling.   Heard people on here saying they are never buying sky ever again due to the crappy deal they give the whole of Scottish football.

I doubt anyone at sky will miss a meal but the numbers are definitely falling due to an overall poor product and IPTV. ( Or just going Doon the pub 🍻)

2 hours ago, kevin_hmfc said:

Gotta admit sky sports has gone down hill and there is a cost of living crisis.  Won't just be these incels that are cancelling.   Heard people on here saying they are never buying sky ever again due to the crappy deal they give the whole of Scottish football.

I doubt anyone at sky will miss a meal but the numbers are definitely falling due to an overall poor product and IPTV. ( Or just going Doon the pub 🍻)

They aren't, the churn rate (number of people leaving) is up about 0.5% year on year however the number of new customers exceeds that so the total number of Sky Subscribers in the UK is rising

3 hours ago, kevin_hmfc said:

As you are beginning to realise, it is difficult to equate Sky viewing figures with wokery. There are plenty of reasons why people downgrade or leave: lack of money, IPTV/streaming, loss of CL or other contraction in their offering; Indeed some probably do leave because their SPL coverage is generally poor and OF-centred...

Getting back to what KK actually says is that he thinks the quality of Sky coverage is dropping but you could make a case for this being the case since they sacked Andy effing Gray for being sexist to a female presenter. One thing is for sure, he'd be in with HR every week if he still worked at Sky...Times change and TVs have volume buttons.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

As you are beginning to realise, it is difficult to equate Sky viewing figures with wokery. There are plenty of reasons why people downgrade or leave: lack of money, IPTV/streaming, loss of CL or other contraction in their offering; Indeed some probably do leave because their SPL coverage is generally poor and OF-centred...

Getting back to what KK actually says is that he thinks the quality of Sky coverage is dropping but you could make a case for this being the case since they sacked Andy effing Gray for being sexist to a female presenter. One thing is for sure, he'd be in with HR every week if he still worked at Sky...Times change and TVs have volume buttons.

Andy Gray didn't say anything bad

8 minutes ago, kevin_hmfc said:

Andy Gray didn't say anything bad

That is a matter of opnion - if he worked on a building site then probably not, but his banter got recorded. If I said what he said in an office then it is probably 50:50 as to whether I'd get hauled in to see HR about it, depending on who heard it. Since Gray and Keyes got recorded, everyone heard it, so the chances of someone taking offence was exponential.