• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Greedy Jambo

• Go for it 1308

• boag1874

Top Posters In This Topic

mibbes aye.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

Just focus on scoring a lot more goals than we've averaged so far .... that should lead to more points.... which might or might not lead to 3rd place.

Don't know is my honest answer. 

We've thrown away 9 points we really should have had 7 from IMO. 

Grant needs to kick on from here. That was a big performance from him, but he needs to follow it up. 

Whilst last night was a step in the right direction we would need to be a lot better than we were even last night to get third.

A lot could be determined on how our injured players do when they return, mainly Halkett and Gordon. However if the last few years have taught us anything we’re more likely to lose more players.

Also I still don’t think we’ve got that creative balance yet. Once again last night was better but we need a system that isn’t as predictable. Starting Grant seemed to help yesterday and the hoff carrying the ball was a lot better too.

What a difference a win makes. Surprised some aren’t saying we should be aiming for 2nd 🙈🙈

Lets just see where we are at 5pm on Saturday first as before last night some had us fighting relegation 

We have quite a bit of work to do. The next couple of games will give us an idea of where we are going. I’m a bit more enthused and optimistic after last nights performance. 

Absolute Scenes

I think last season proved you don’t need to be running away with it to guarantee anything. Aberdeen were down and out and only managed to finish third because we gave it to them

8 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

I'm old and stupid, but I always start the season with a belief that we can win the league 🙂

Don’t put yourself down mate we all have our dreams.

If we do it’ll be as a result of others tripping each other up. 

We’ll win the games we should at home but also have a few stinking away performances. 

St Mirren will win a lot of games at home. Aberdeen will pick up the results they should. Early days with Hibs however. 

Not convinced even if we dug in last night.

jamboinglasgow

Will we? Cant say, its to early in the season.

Can we? Of course, it all depends on what happens over the next couple of months. If we can beat Ross County and Hibs, even if we lose to the Old Firm, as long as we are showing we are going the right way then there is a good chance we can get third. We are fortunate that Hibs and Aberdeen are started poorly, I think Aberdeen will stumble along, get enough for top six but drop points. Hibs a bit unknown, my worry is under their new manager they have someone who can get them working well, but they do have a knack of looking good, getting hyped up then falling flat on their face.

I also think that the amount of injuries we have goes under the radar, so hopefully going into November we will see almost everyone back which will make us stronger.

So yeah, I think we can get third, but we at a crossroads at the moment where we will be inconsistent and stumble to top six, or we kick on and push to get third. 

If we win the League Cup the season is a success. 

Win. 

Recognising being a distant 3rd to Celtic and Rangers as some kind of achievement to celebrate is not normal. 

50 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Any thoughts this early in the season?

Yes.  Yes we will.  Especially if everyone calms down and just supports the team.

They'll get it, they'll click.

We could do with the likes of Aberdeen catching our injury luck mind you!!!!!

29 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

I'm old and stupid, but I always start the season with a belief that we can win the league 🙂

I’m the same…….on all points:lol:

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

**** knows. We look kinda pish but so do Hibs & Aberdeen

Hibs and Aberdeen aren’t the competition for third, St Mirren currently have to be favourites for third.

43 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

If we did finish 3rd it would ranks as our most consistent 3 seasons since about the mid-90s. 

won't happen.

Ann Budge is liquidising scones, jam and cream as we speak and force-feeding it down Halkett and Shankland's gullet like Foie Gras producing geese.

44 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

Hey. Be easy on yourself. I'm sure you're not that old.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Not a chance on the evidence we have seen so far this season. Hope I'm proved wrong tho. 

RalphieCifaretto

Don't think so. Think we'll have an inconsistent season, with some good results (like last night) but the usual away performances will plague us and stop us putting together any meaningful run of results. If Beni can get back on his game and Halkett gets up to speed quickly then that will make a big difference. Despite last night, I still don't have faith in Naismith to take us to where we need to be. Hope he proves me wrong.

gordon simpson
11 minutes ago, RalphieCifaretto said:

Don't think so. Think we'll have an inconsistent season, with some good results (like last night) but the usual away performances will plague us and stop us putting together any meaningful run of results. If Beni can get back on his game and Halkett gets up to speed quickly then that will make a big difference. Despite last night, I still don't have faith in Naismith to take us to where we need to be. Hope he proves me wrong.

Ralphie you got any idea about lotto numbers for tomorrow asking for a friend  

I’d be surprised.

Improvement in the first half last night but we reverted back to type for most of the second half before a bit of brilliance from Lowry. 

A convincing win at the weekend plus a derby pumping after that then we may have turned a corner.  

Right now I don't think we will.Would need to see some consistency in performance before thinking we are anywhere near third at the end of the season.Fick me at the weekend most had imus bottom 6 certainties.

Folk sleeping on other teams thinking it's only Aberdeen and Hibs up for it are mental as well.

Not likely. Naismith says we are too often "flat" and doesn't seem to know how to fix that.

Also, we have some poor players.

Plus, no leadership on park and players taking the easy option.

I'm depressed now!

Shooter McGavin

I don’t think we will, but last season if you’d have told me Aberdeen would finish 3rd when they were toiling under Goodwin I wouldn’t have believed you.

Things can change quickly, I just hope they do.

I don't think we will based on what I've seen,  we don't look particularly good going forward nor solid at the back. 

I think both us and Aberdeen have players capable of more. Hibs I think have enough up front to put them as my favourites for third.

A Shoreditch Heart
32 minutes ago, redjambo said:

aw cheers mate and to be fair I don't look it 😉 Anyway - I'm really sick and tired of all the negativity on the this place even before a ball is kicked sometimes. FFS - we're Hearts supporters and we love the club whatever.

I’m not confident at all about finishing third. If we are struggling to pick up decent points in this run of fixtures then I don’t see how we get enough points for 3rd. 

At the moment, no, not a chance. 

Can we? Yes, if we turn it around. Our squad is better than everyone else outwith the OF by a distance. We should be good enough to finish 3rd. 

way out west jambo

3rd is wide open. St Mirren won’t sustain their run that they’re on. Aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell will drop points all over the show. I think there’s more shock results to come for rangers as well.

I think the expectation from club & fans should still be 3rd place with decent cup runs despite the slow start in the league.

ToadKiller Dog

I imagine it will be low 50s points wise to get 3rd ,so it's game on .

Well and Midden won't last a full season with out big slumps unless very lucky .

Hibs have a new manager bounce but same issues still exist .

Sheep I wouldnt write off .

We have a long way to go before looking convincing of anything like 3rd .

It would be embarrisng/disasterous for us or the sheep to miss out on top 6 never mind 3rd .

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Don't know is my honest answer. 

We've thrown away 9 points we really should have had 7 from IMO. 

Grant needs to kick on from here. That was a big performance from him, but he needs to follow it up. 

This. But with a fit and motivated Craig Gordon in goals and possibly a decent centre half picked up as a free agent or in January we might just pull it off. We have sufficient quality in the middle and up front. But once again injuries to key players is killing us. Our luck in this regard surely has to change soon.

Struggling to see us 3rd based on current form and results. Not consistent enough not scoring enough and losing soft goals with poor away record. Last night though gives us hope and if we can build on that, players back and take chances with some class signings brought in then yes we can do it. Ask me again after County game and reality check at end October. 

With injuries to Gordon, Halkett, Cochrane, McKay, Tagawa, Oda and Atkinson I’m not feeling optimistic about October. I doubt we’ll be in a good spot after Ibrox.

With Aberdeen and Hibs also looking a bit ropey we could put ourselves back in the hunt with a good November, unless Motherwell and St Mirren maintain their form of course.

Its just too early to say really, ask me again at Christmas