• Morgan

• Dawnrazor

• Bender

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
On 13/10/2023 at 17:04, Wee Mikey said:

Generally speaking, OTT strength beers taste awful.

I've had many 14% + ones and they're nothing other than a novelty.

I was in Krakow a couple of weeks ago, decided to have a Polish IPA with my pierogies for lunch. Had a sip, delicious, and went down a treat (as good as any session ale). I checked the % and was 13%.

It was beautiful. Only had the one 1/2 litre bottle. :lol:

Screenshot_20231015-143045_Photos.jpg

On 13/10/2023 at 17:04, Wee Mikey said:

Generally speaking, OTT strength beers taste awful.

I've had many 14% + ones and they're nothing other than a novelty.

Kirkby Lonsdale Brewery do one called "Imperial Dragon" it's 8.2% but there's only a wee hint of the strength when you taste it, dangerous stuff because it's lovely stuff!

11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Kirkby Lonsdale Brewery do one called "Imperial Dragon" it's 8.2% but there's only a wee hint of the strength when you taste it, dangerous stuff because it's lovely stuff!

My personal favourites:-

Strong, but still 'proper' ales.

https://www.traquair.co.uk/product/traquair-house-ale-abv-7-2-percent-per-case-uk/

https://www.traquair.co.uk/product/traquair-jacobite-ale/

https://www.traquair.co.uk/our-ales/

3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I've never tried any Traquair beers, I'll have to them a go.

7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

This selection in Lidl are great 

lidl-6-exclusive-belian-ales-belgian-piraat-gulden-draak-piraat.png.webp

Lidl do some really good drinks at very decent prices. Their Prosecco beats most expensive French Champagnes hands down. 🍾

Good for bargain chocolates too. 🐷🐖🐷

• 2 months later...
Gundermann
6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Didn't realise he was with that Georgia Toffolo. Well suited tbf cos she's a wee arsehole anaw. 

No idea who she is. Stopped drinking Brewdog years ago and even if all these stories aren't completely true, it's awful PR. Mind when they sued somebody for using the word 'punk'. Jeezo...

il Duce McTarkin

Shame that. I've devloped a taste for those wee hand-grenade cans of Punk IPA.

Sooperstar
38 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Shame that. I've devloped a taste for those wee hand-grenade cans of Punk IPA.

The more you drink the better chances there are of the staff getting a payrise. 

Nice wee beer, like.

Couldn't drink pint after pint of Punk, but certainly like a few wee cans.

Strange looking bloke that owner chap. I take it he wears his cap (the wrong way around) because he’s a wee baldy?  :rofl: 

19 minutes ago, Bender said:

He's actually making a film about himself. What an absolute tool.

Why is that?

9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Why is that?

Because it shows off an over inflated ego. If his story was really worth immortalising in film, I imagine someone else would come along and ask to do it. Instead he's co-writing a puff piece to paper over all the things he and his company have been accused of.

Or you could just factor in the numerous allegations of sexual harassment levelled against him by former employees. That also helps.

2 minutes ago, Bender said:

Because it shows off an over inflated ego. If his story was really worth immortalising in film, I imagine someone else would come along and ask to do it. Instead he's co-writing a puff piece to paper over all the things he and his company have been accused of.

In your opinion.

1 minute ago, Bender said:

Or you could just factor in the numerous allegations of sexual harassment levelled against him by former employees. That also helps.

Allegations.  👍

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

In your opinion.

Allegations.  👍

Yup, which is why I call him a tool and not a sexual predator.

Spellczech
38 minutes ago, Bender said:

He's actually making a film about himself. What an absolute tool.

Surely a smart businessman would write an autobiography then sell the film rights? Cutting the corner like this is not the best approach...

Just now, Spellczech said:

Surely a smart businessman would write an autobiography then sell the film rights? Cutting the corner like this is not the best approach...

I do hope they include the part where his company "stood up to human rights violations in Qatar" while they were making a mint from supplying the country with their product.

2 minutes ago, Bender said:

Yup, which is why I call him a tool and not a sexual predator.

Ah!

Cool.

Thanks for explaining.  👍

Just now, Bender said:

I do hope they include the part where his company "stood up to human rights violations in Qatar" while they were making a mint from supplying the country with their product.

Aye, let’s hope so, eh?

:rolleyes:

Just now, Morgan said:

Aye, let’s hope so, eh?

:rolleyes:

You don't seem to be taking criticisms levelled at James Watt all that well Morgan. Have you had one too many cans of 5am Saint or something?

Just now, Bender said:

You don't seem to be taking criticisms levelled at James Watt all that well Morgan. Have you had one too many cans of 5am Saint or something?

Why would one need a drink to do that, Bendy?

The Hogfather
Just now, Bender said:

Morgan's the kind of person who will just argue with you for the sake of it when he's bored. But he does like to drunk post on here quite a lot too tbf.

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Why would one need a drink to do that, Bendy?

Why would you care what one stranger on the internet things of another stranger Morgy? Seems like an odd thing to concern oneself with.

Just now, Bender said:

Why would you care what one stranger on the internet things of another stranger Morgy? Seems like an odd thing to concern oneself with.

Odd to you, perhaps.

Perfectly normal to me.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Odd to you, perhaps.

Perfectly normal to me.

I fear that says an awful lot more about you than it does about me. I'll be careful not to mention any other minor celebrity I dislike on the off chance it messes with your delicate sensibilities.

Spellczech
19 minutes ago, Bender said:

TBH I find it hard to make up my mind about him too. You find a lot of people admire what he's accomplished but then a lot of people also think he has become what he purported to be standing up against...Unsure if he's a victim of his own success, or just a flawed guy who is good at riding out bad PR using distraction/smoke & mirrors....

There is one thing he's done which is either a shocking betrayal of his own supposed values...or a genius bit of forward-thinking defensive planning: Talking about his using a good chunk of his wealth to purchase Heineken stock. Basically if Heineken were to eye up his business for acquisition, if the markets like the prospect, he becomes richer, twice over...and if they don't, he can still end up with a bigger % holding in Heineken if it goes through...

Beer wise - I currently drink Neck Oil. Brewdog gives me both acid reflux and a hangover! Haha

Edited by Spellczech

On 25/09/2023 at 19:38, Morgan said:

What a coincidence.

Savage.

But factual.  👍

Me too. Can't understand the fuss. Seems like emperors new clothes where everyone pretends its not shit because they don't want to appear unsophisticated

Just admit that even a humble pint of tennents lager is better than anything brew dog has to offer

Shooter McGavin

Net worth of around £260 million, but refuses to pay a living wage…

The guys a total creep.

• 1 month later...
Jambo-Jimbo
On 10/01/2024 at 22:49, Shooter McGavin said:

Net worth of around £260 million, but refuses to pay a living wage…

The guys a total creep.

James Watt has just had a complaint about the BBC Disclosure programme 'The Truth About Brewdog' rejected by OFCOM.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-68321350

All he's done here by raising this complaint is bring back into the public light how shit a company brewdog really is and how crap it treats it's workers, amoungst other things, plus notwithstanding how shit most of it's beer actually is.

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

James Watt has just had a complaint about the BBC Disclosure programme 'The Truth About Brewdog' rejected by OFCOM.

All he's done here by raising this complaint is bring back into the public light how shit a company brewdog really is and how crap it treats it's workers, amoungst other things, plus notwithstanding how shit most of it's beer actually is.

Rejected?

Poor Wee Morgan will be writing to points of view as we speak.

Gundermann
On 19/02/2024 at 11:00, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Had forgotten about that case though I still remembered that Brewbog is shit beer. Not so much Beer for Punks as Beer by W*nks.

Jambo-Jimbo
13 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

As the old saying goes - Follow the money.

Is this the same estate that they made a couple of families homeless when they kicked them off the land and out of their homes?

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Dawnrazor
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As the old saying goes - Follow the money.

Is this the same estate that they made a couple of families homeless when they kicked them off the land and out of their homes?

It is, aye, there was a staff of seven plus their families in the houses, they were all paid off and had to leave their homes, the houses were sold as holiday lets I believe, I'm not sure what happened to the lodge.

I don't think anyone in employed at Kinrara now. A bloody disgrace.

Legend Claws
On 10/01/2024 at 22:20, Morgan said:

In your opinion.

Allegations.  👍

He's a nasty piece of work, have had to have numerous dealings with him over the years.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

It is, aye, there was a staff of seven plus their families in the houses, they were all paid off and had to leave their homes, the houses were sold as holiday lets I believe, I'm not sure what happened to the lodge.

I don't think anyone in employed at Kinrara now. A bloody disgrace.

It sure is.

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, Legend Claws said:

He's a nasty piece of work, have had to have numerous dealings with him over the years.

And that's something which I've heard of quite a lot, not from randoms on the internet such as myself, but from people who've worked for or with the guy or have had dealings with him, which does tell it's own story.

Legend Claws
13 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And that's something which I've heard of quite a lot, not from randoms on the internet such as myself, but from people who've worked for or with the guy or have had dealings with him, which does tell it's own story.

Yup, it's universal.