Brewdog...

Morgan

I quite like Hazy Jane and Elvis juice.

I really like the Punk IPA.

Do you have a favourite, or do you not like Brewdog at all?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Dawnrazor

• Bender

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not a fan of their beers. Now Stewart's, CrossBorders or Tempest...

Tempest cans are now in m&s scottish shops under local premium range have tried a few quality. Not to keen on Brewdog.

Brew dog beers taste awful imo.

Off the top of my head - Overtone, Simple Things, Dookit, Vault City, New Barns, Pilot, Epochal, Holy Goat and Bellfield . All better Scottish beers and breweries to spend your money on. 

Edited by OmiyaHearts

46 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Brewdog is shit. 

What a coincidence.

27 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Have to agree Vinny .

Savage.

But factual.  👍

8 minutes ago, DALLY JAMBO said:

Tempest cans are now in m&s scottish shops under local premium range have tried a few quality. Not to keen on Brewdog.

Didn't know that - cheers. 👍

Hagar the Horrible
19 minutes ago, been here before said:

Bearded hipster wank piss water.

Arent the owners ***** as well?

Bearded hipster wank too much alcohol slop.

And the owners are good business men and total ***** as well 

heartgarfunkel

Punk IPA is an absolutely shite Jaipur rip-off.  Dire beer, rank business, über saddo 'fan boys' & 'punks'.

Apart from that, alright :clyay:

28 minutes ago, DALLY JAMBO said:

The brewery is a 2 min walk from the last stop on the borders railway and has a decent taproom. Great day out

heartgarfunkel
2 minutes ago, StAndrewsHMFC said:

The brewery is a 2 min walk from the last stop on the borders railway and has a decent taproom. Great day out

It is indeed, not a big fan of their brews, but try some of the 'Born' beers brewed a we bit further south.  Blonde and Amber are superb session pints.

My go to when I'm buying cans is Stewart's Hazy IPA. Cheap and strong, hits all the notes. :thumbsup:

Edited by ArcticJambo
it's hits jos!

New Town Loafer
2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Used to quite like Brewdog and all that other similar stuff.

Now i can only drink lager and stouts. Went right off IPA styled beers.

Exact same as me.

1 hour ago, heartgarfunkel said:

Punk IPA is an absolutely shite Jaipur rip-off.  Dire beer, rank business, über saddo 'fan boys' & 'punks'.

Apart from that, alright :clyay:

Jaipur, now that is an IPA. Lovely stuff. 

il Duce McTarkin
22 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

My go to when I'm buying cans is Stewart's Hazy IPA. Cheap and strong, hits all the notes. :thumbsup:

I'll keep an eye out for that.

Quite like the wee can's of Punk IPA, it's grown on me. Not so keen on the bigger cans, bottles, or pints, strangely.

Fairly getting theough the kegs of Goose Island on the PD these days.

18 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I'll keep an eye out for that.

Quite like the wee can's of Punk IPA, it's grown on me. Not so keen on the bigger cans, bottles, or pints, strangely.

Fairly getting theough the kegs of Goose Island on the PD these days.

Aldi, they're not premium like but do a job. 

The Punk pint gets the combo with the Spoons mixed grill. Otherwise, I'll drop to something even nastier for the rest of my time in there.

Goose IPA (decent wee can) I thought was pretty good but just a wee bitty on the dear side when on a proper sat nitten garden sesh! :D

Really didn't like it when I tried punk ipa years ago -- can or bottle, can't remember.  Now I quite enjoy it!  Don't get it too often, and I'm rarely in a pub now, but would have it over most of the usual ones that pubs/clubs have on tap.   

Jaipur, now that's a tasty drink!  Also, March of the Penguins and Midnight Sun by Willams Bros, I like a dark beer.

13 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Really didn't like it when I tried punk ipa years ago -- can or bottle, can't remember.  Now I quite enjoy it!  Don't get it too often, and I'm rarely in a pub now, but would have it over most of the usual ones that pubs/clubs have on tap.   

Jaipur, now that's a tasty drink!  Also, March of the Penguins and Midnight Sun by Willams Bros, I like a dark beer.

Those are my others, if I fancy a porter/stout, in fact I've got two Midnight Suns in my fridge just now. sweeet! They'd have been tanned by now but I'm on a bit of a hiatus just now, for medical reasons. :(

3 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Brewdog is shit. 

This.

The guys who run it are w@nks and the beer isn't much better.

Lost Lager is nice and you can usually get a box of 10 cans in most shops for about £10-£12.

I would agree though, the other stuff is overpriced, especially the bars in Edinburgh and the one at the airport.

I quite like their fake empire but as others have said there are much better breweries out there. Pilot, Fyne ales, track, shindigger, Barney's, tiny rebel. Add to that their creepy owner, unless the other offerings are awful I stay away from brewdog

Someone pointed it out on here before that all their beers taste of grapefruit and I'd never noticed it. Ever since though, that's all I can taste when I drink their stuff

Edited by Norm

11 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Those are my others, if I fancy a porter/stout, in fact I've got two Midnight Suns in my fridge just now. sweeet! They'd have been tanned by now but I'm on a bit of a hiatus just now, for medical reasons. :(

A hiatus is no bad thing, though hope it's nothing too serious and you are back fighting fit soon.  

Some people are mentioning Pilot.  Think their mochacino stout is nice, and the peach melba sour is incredible.  I normally think the sours are a bit too much, might have one if it's going.  But the Pilot one is a perfect balance.

43 minutes ago, Norm said:

Someone pointed it out on here before that all their beers taste of grapefruit and I'd never noticed it. Ever since though, that's all I can taste when I drink their stuff

I would assume they must use something like cascade hops in all their beers 

14 hours ago, StAndrewsHMFC said:

Hoping to visit it next month. 

New Town Loafer
16 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

If anyone ever asked me to describe what I thought the Thames tasted like, I'd probably say like BrewDog.

The Thames tastes nothing like Brewdog.

Had a few cans of lost lager when flying to America in the summer and thought it was nice. Don’t know if it was because it was free that made it taste better 

Never had Any other brew dog stuff as seen the prices and wouldn’t pay that for a pint 

15 hours ago, Zico said:

There’s loads of better Scottish beers out there and James Watt is an arsehole of the highest order. 

This is the correct response.

Much prefer the Stewart brewing offerings and the Williams brothers stuff is decent, brew dog seems to be the old adage that good marketing is better than a good product.