Zero tolerance in greece

Selkirkhmfc1874

56 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Your picture doesn't show the black bin bags that were filled by Hearts supporters without any Japanese help but they do exist.

Edit: knew I had one somewhere. 👍

Screenshot_20230906-011758~2.png

Thanks for backing up my overall premis.

My point was that the square was (more-or-less) pristine.

You only have to compare and contrast that (or my final photo below) with Edinburgh any day of the week with its overflowing, gull-infested bins; or, Gawd forbid, any square after the OF have been inhabiting it, whether abroad or in Glasgow:-

Screenshot_20230906_021237_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230906_021929_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230906_021918_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230906_021951_Gallery.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• davemclaren

• McGlynn The Money

• gorgierulesapply88

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Thanks for backing up my overall premis.

My point was that the square was (more-or-less) pristine.

You only have to compare and contrast that (or my final photo below) with Edinburgh any day of the week with its overflowing, gull-infested bins; or, Gawd forbid, any square after the OF have been inhabiting it, whether abroad or in Glasgow:-

Screenshot_20230906_021237_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230906_021929_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230906_021918_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230906_021951_Gallery.jpg

👍🇵🇪

18 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

👍🇵🇪

Here's the aftermath of The Rangers fans having had a richt guid time in George Square.

I despair ...

Screenshot_20230906_025236_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230906_025222_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230906_025209_Google.jpg

14 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I feel tense as it is getting through airport security with hee haw on me, can't begin to imagine how daft you'd have to be to risk taking drugs over.

Too true! It's bad enough without having anything dodgy packed away.

I used to get stopped and taken aside regularly when travelling with my Aussie fiancé ... we quickly got used to it but never could figure out why.

I once got stopped due to my (suspiciously heavy) bag of Edinburgh fudge scanning as per explosives ... almost caused a Mr Bean-like incident. The security bloke wincing as I made to open my bag was funny, though.

But, not as funny as my work colleague who was asked if he'd packed his bag himself. He said, "Yes." He was then asked to open it and almost fainted when he saw an 8" kitchen knife that his missus had packed for their self-catering holiday. 😁

Even worse, was another colleague whose middle-eastern chum had real live bullets in his baggage in Newcastle airport resulting in an armed response, much consternation, and many hours of interrogation.

That same bloke, a right good lad of a Hearts persuasion, bless him, accompanied his elderly parents down to London to make sure that they were safely on board their plane back to Libya. Somehow, he by-passed check-in and saw them right onto the plane (as if it was a train at Waverley). Needless to say, he then tried to return to the terminal, with no passport. Yup, a swarthy Libyan with not the best English, and no baggage or passport, attempting to go from air-side into the terminal. Cue many hours incarceration, diplomatic intervention, and so on. You couldn't make it up, and, believe me, I haven't.

20 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

received_798780715584965.jpeg

Strange that every footie game in Greece has flares. PAOK actually had their ground set alight a few years ago becaus of flares. On the other hand it wouldn't have bothered me if the louts had got 6 months porridge in the Thessalonika Hilton.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Strange that every footie game in Greece has flares. PAOK actually had their ground set alight a few years ago becaus of flares. On the other hand it wouldn't have bothered me if the louts had got 6 months porridge in the Thessalonika Hilton.

Looks a bit like we'll make an example of these fans as s a warning to there own fans 

McGlynn The Money
4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Too true! It's bad enough without having anything dodgy packed away.

I used to get stopped and taken aside regularly when travelling with my Aussie fiancé ... we quickly got used to it but never could figure out why.

I once got stopped due to my (suspiciously heavy) bag of Edinburgh fudge scanning as per explosives ... almost caused a Mr Bean-like incident. The security bloke wincing as I made to open my bag was funny, though.

But, not as funny as my work colleague who was asked if he'd packed his bag himself. He said, "Yes." He was then asked to open it and almost fainted when he saw an 8" kitchen knife that his missus had packed for their self-catering holiday. 😁

Even worse, was another colleague whose middle-eastern chum had real live bullets in his baggage in Newcastle airport resulting in an armed response, much consternation, and many hours of interrogation.

That same bloke, a right good lad of a Hearts persuasion, bless him, accompanied his elderly parents down to London to make sure that they were safely on board their plane back to Libya. Somehow, he by-passed check-in and saw them right onto the plane (as if it was a train at Waverley). Needless to say, he then tried to return to the terminal, with no passport. Yup, a swarthy Libyan with not the best English, and no baggage or passport, attempting to go from air-side into the terminal. Cue many hours incarceration, diplomatic intervention, and so on. You couldn't make it up, and, believe me, I haven't.

Some rather tall tales there, putting it mildly.

gordon simpson
9 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

I'll leave it to you to tell the Turks that.

lol or the Greeks they are similar but not the same but pure *** mental

20 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Do you have a reference to back that up?

All I remember is Hearts fans cleared up pre-match, and the mayor praising our behaviour.

No trouble, no mess ... not even a discarded fag packet post-match at gone midnight with Hearts fans still out in numbers, and the local police wi' nowt to do other than get payed overtime for hingin' aboot.

I'll dig it out later Mikey - pretty sure it related to setting off fireworks in the square, nothing about our tidiness. We were fined for pretty much every game due to flares, empty cups and suchlike. Strict liability from UEFA is a great way to fill their coffers :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Section Q said:

It's only UEFA games. Flares will be back for their league games. I recall something similar when we were in Zagreb, too.

16 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Some rather tall tales there, putting it mildly.

Clearly, you've led a sheltered life.

Do you ever get out much? 😉

5 hours ago, Dunks said:

Here we are @Wee Mikey

TBF it doesn't say fireworks in the square, but I don't remember any at the game. Don't remember any thrown objects either, but I was a bit tipsy :D

Screenshot_20230906_213345_Chrome.jpg

It was in the ground, we got fined at all 3 group games last year.

Edit: away in Florence and Riga and home against the Turks.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/hearts-slapped-uefa-fine-fiorentina-25497132#amp-readmore-target

Edited by cazzyy

McGlynn The Money
7 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Clearly, you've led a sheltered life.

Do you ever get out much? 😉

Wow, you're right. Getting stopped at the airport for having sweeties in your bag and up posting on Kickback at 3.00 in the morning. 

The life you've led, the stories you could tell...