• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• davemclaren

• McGlynn The Money

• gorgierulesapply88

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I take it the ‘torches’ were flares? PAOK fans use flares surely? 
  I can’t say I know a lot about Greek football, but I find it hard to believe the PAOK ultras don’t use flares, if, indeed, the ‘torches’ are flares.🤷‍♂️

SectionDJambo

Excuse me for being unaware of these things, but where do these guys get the flares when they travel abroad to see games? They surely don't take them on the plane with them.

Social media telling them of local sources to buy?

For that matter, how do they get them, sometimes in large numbers, in Scotland?

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Excuse me for being unaware of these things, but where do these guys get the flares when they travel abroad to see games? They surely don't take them on the plane with them.

Is that you Constable Jambo? 😀

4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Don't know what you're talking about officer. 

👮‍♂️🚔

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is that you Constable Jambo? 😀

Not guilty M'Lud.

A Celtic fan at work, who didn't have them or take them into grounds, told me that they hide them on children, because the security aren't allowed to search children. Don't know how they get them home or abroad, though.

I suppose it'll be a secret.

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Not guilty M'Lud.

A Celtic fan at work, who didn't have them or take them into grounds, told me that they hide them on children, because the security aren't allowed to search children. Don't know how they get them home or abroad, though.

I suppose it'll be a secret.

👍

1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

I take it the ‘torches’ were flares? PAOK fans use flares surely? 
  I can’t say I know a lot about Greek football, but I find it hard to believe the PAOK ultras don’t use flares, if, indeed, the ‘torches’ are flares.🤷‍♂️

Didn’t see any flares at all from the PAOK fans at all. 

34 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Folk buy them off Amazon and eBay for gender reveals haha they are super easy to get hold of here. In terms of getting them abroad, you'd probably just need to ask around a few pubs, shops, market stalls, lookie-lookies etc... 

2 minutes ago, haj said:

If it’s in absentia and suspended for 3 years then presumably they’re already back in Scotland? So basically just dinnae go to Greece for a while?

Pretty much. 

ToadKiller Dog

The guy caught with drugs ,wouldn't want to be him if he is still waiting jail .

Greek conditions described as poor ,overcrowded and dangerous .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

20 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The guy caught with drugs ,wouldn't want to be him if he is still waiting jail .

Stupid having them, super stupid being caught with them. Wouldn’t want to be in his shoes.

Heard they are already home and flew back on Friday or Saturday. I did hear about the female caught with something in her bag going in, no idea what has happened to her but can't imagine they will keep her for too long and probably home already. 

28 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The food would be great tho

:fonzie:

gorgierulesapply88
2 minutes ago, briever said:

Maybe it will discourage the bellends from throwing their flares onto the pitch.

Smoke bombs and flares are 2 completely different things.

One less dangerous than the other.

7 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

All 5 have returned home.

Minor drug offences for a couple.

Great trip only downside was the game.

Imagine trying to take drugs into the game! 

6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Imagine trying to take drugs into the game! 

The poor ***** that travelled should have been given drugs at the turnstile. 

1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Smoke bombs and flares are 2 completely different things.

One less dangerous than the other.

Both 100% irrelevant to a football game or a mass gathering.

Leveinthedream
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Heard they are already home and flew back on Friday or Saturday. I did hear about the female caught with something in her bag going in, no idea what has happened to her but can't imagine they will keep her for too long and probably home already. 

Know one of them, was released on Friday and was recommended by a local journalist to get out the country ASAP, was home and back in Edinburgh in time for the motherwell game

1 minute ago, Leveinthedream said:

Know one of them, was released on Friday and was recommended by a local journalist to get out the country ASAP, was home and back in Edinburgh in time for the motherwell game

Spain for his hols next year then. 

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Understand 1 of them was thrown in a cell with 5 PAOK fans. 

Glad all 5 home safe and well but ridiculously stupid and I bet they all got a fright. 

5 minutes ago, Leveinthedream said:

Poor bugger.  What a run of bad luck.

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Understand 1 of them was thrown in a cell with 5 PAOK fans. 

Glad all 5 home safe and well but ridiculously stupid and I bet they all got a fright. 

They'll likely be heros in the pub with their mates now. 😄

Seems to me like it's been done to make a statement more than anything tbh with Greek football's reputation in the mud and hooligan issues highlighted to the world after the Athens stabbing. They obviously can't have been particularly bothered about them actually showing up to court or else they'd have prevented them from leaving the country.

A slap on the wrist disguised as a harsh punishment to send a message to their ultras to say we might not have been able to deal with these lads since they're not from Greece, but if any of you cause issues you will be dealt with extremely harshly.

AlphonseCapone

Has to be said, if you can't go away for a few days to watch Hearts in Europe without taking a huge risk like getting with drugs abroad then you're probably needing to completely re-evaluate your life. I've got absolutely no issue with folk choosing to do drugs, just seems an insane risk abroad to me.

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Has to be said, if you can't go away for a few days to watch Hearts in Europe without taking a huge risk like getting with drugs abroad then you're probably needing to completely re-evaluate your life. I've got absolutely no issue with folk choosing to do drugs, just seems an insane risk abroad to me.

I feel tense as it is getting through airport security with hee haw on me, can't begin to imagine how daft you'd have to be to risk taking drugs over.