Zero tolerance in greece

Selkirkhmfc1874

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

I feel tense as it is getting through airport security with hee haw on me, can't begin to imagine how daft you'd have to be to risk taking drugs over.

They buy the stuff over there. Horrifically easy to get your hands on these days.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• davemclaren

• McGlynn The Money

• gorgierulesapply88

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It’s a weird one. I thought it was common knowledge that PAOK were on a last warning as far as this was concerned. If they’d got past the police and PAOK had been punished for what Hearts fans did, the repercussions don’t bear thinking about. The young lads in our club were well warned about this and told if they went for pyro it was only for use in the square. 

Edited by Shaggy2

37 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I feel tense as it is getting through airport security with hee haw on me, can't begin to imagine how daft you'd have to be to risk taking drugs over.

Absolutely how the heck do they even get away with it? Daft to not be able to go a few days without shoving some garbage up your beak. 

23 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Absolutely how the heck do they even get away with it? Daft to not be able to go a few days without shoving some garbage up your beak. 

You, as per myself, ended up going by taxi (late changes to the bus arrangements etc - long story), getting dropped off well before the stadium, and walking the final ½ mile or so with freindly PAOK fans with nae bother at all.

But ... I'm not gonna totally castigate the younger element. Let's just hope that they've lived & learned.

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You, as per myself, ended up going by taxi (late changes to the bus arrangements etc - long story), getting dropped off well before the stadium, and walking the final ½ mile or so with freindly PAOK fans with nae bother at all.

But ... I'm not gonna totally castigate the younger element. Let's just hope that they've lived & learned.

Absolutely just young and daft! 

6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Absolutely just young and daft! 

Being young & daft? I've been there BIG-TIME ... and lived to tell the tale(s).

At least it all went well, all things considered.

Our fans are probably the bestest away fans EVER. Only joshing with the locals and having a good time ... not looking for trouble in any way, shape, or form.

I'd go back there again, for sure. All the local fans I met were sound.

As per Budapest, Tallin, Florence (the best one), Trondheim, and now Thessonaliki? I reckon that we've been exemplary as regards our behaviour.

Let's hope that next year we get another couple of fantastic trips.

❤️❤️G❤️

5 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Can we maybe get a go fund me set up?

Applause on the 20th and 22nd minutes of the Aberdeen game?

Good luck with any one of those two ideas. 

20 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Our fans are probably the bestest away fans EVER. Only joshing with the locals and having a good time ... not looking for trouble in any way, shape, or form.

As per Budapest, Tallin, Florence (the best one), Trondheim, and now Thessonaliki? I reckon that we've been exemplary as regards our behaviour.

❤️❤️G❤️

Yeah had some great times following Hearts and never been any bother with the locals, all been good natured and probably given some local bars their busiest days / night of the year.  Greece was great, really enjoyed the city and felt safe walking about, even at night as I went back to my hotel on my own. The Dubliner was drank dry last Wednesday, boy must have made a packet. 

McGlynn The Money
20 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Good luck with any one of those two ideas. 

That's all they were, ideas. I'll leave it to you to put them into action.

26 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

❤️❤️G❤️

At the moment it'll more likely be Arbroath and Greenock than Norway and Greece. 

gorgierulesapply88
59 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Yeah had some great times following Hearts and never been any bother with the locals, all been good natured and probably given some local bars their busiest days / night of the year.  Greece was great, really enjoyed the city and felt safe walking about, even at night as I went back to my hotel on my own. The Dubliner was drank dry last Wednesday, boy must have made a packet. 

He also closed up before the game finished. Some 'ultras' where in and hearts fans weren't welcome until the day after because someone had been arrested outside his pub...

Got a cheeseburger in there 2 days on the trot scran was decent.

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

That's all they were, ideas. I'll leave it to you to put them into action.

Why would any sane person want to;

a) start a fund to help out two guys who were trying to smuggle fireworks/flares into a ground for a European tie, which not only are they dangerous but would more than likely mean a fine for our club?

or 

b) start a round of applause at the Aberdeen game for the same two guys.  Not just one round of applause BTW but twice in the space of two minutes. 

Doctor FinnBarr
13 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

a) start a fund to help out two guys who were trying to smuggle fireworks/flares into a ground for a European tie, which not only are they dangerous but would more than likely mean a fine for our club?

or 

b) start a round of applause at the Aberdeen game for the same two guys.  Not just one round of applause BTW but twice in the space of two minutes. 

I think both suggestions were sarcastic pisstakes, a bit like "has someone told Celtic".

McGlynn The Money
23 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

or 

8 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

I think both suggestions were sarcastic pisstakes, a bit like "has someone told Celtic".

Exactly mate, just a piss take/joke, wasn't expecting anyone to take it seriously.

Edited by McGlynn The Money

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They buy the stuff over there. Horrifically easy to get your hands on these days.

Easy to sneak it over, know people that took it to Florence. Seems absolutely mental to me. 

6 hours ago, westbow said:

Aye cos that’ll take your mind off having a bumhole like a windsock 😂

:gok:

Step forward the Poet Laureate of Gorgie.

6 hours ago, westbow said:

Aye cos that’ll take your mind off having a bumhole like a windsock 😂

Aye, cos that'll take your

Mind off having a bumhole,

Like a windsock 😂

☝️ Is an inspired Haiku ...

26 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

:gok:

Step forward the Poet Laureate of Gorgie.

Agreed. See above.

Our fans are cultured, so they are. 😉

gorgierulesapply88
35 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Exactly mate, just a piss take/joke, wasn't expecting anyone to take it seriously.

Kickbackers are funny. Can't believe anyone thought you where being serious 🤣🤣

McGlynn The Money
6 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Kickbackers are funny. Can't believe anyone thought you where being serious 🤣🤣

Aye! 😂

The boy seemed quite angry about it too.

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

At the moment it'll more likely be Arbroath and Greenock than Norway and Greece. 

Hahaha!!! 😂

Ach; away v St M, away v killie in the 🏆, then away to Ross Co. is our imminent future.

I'll likely be at all 3 ... 

Us dedicated away supporters need our heads examined. 🙃

❤️❤️G❤️

5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

It’s a weird one. I thought it was common knowledge that PAOK were on a last warning as far as this was concerned. If they’d got past the police and PAOK had been punished for what Hearts fans did, the repercussions don’t bear thinking about. The young lads in our club were well warned about this and told if they went for pyro it was only for use in the square. 

We were fined by UEFA for setting off fireworks in the square in Florence last season. We'll also likely get fined for the pyro at the home game this season.

4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Really pleased to hear that Mikey. I was a little worried for everyone going over. especially after the post about the Aris fan getting stabbed. 

10 minutes ago, Dunks said:

We were fined by UEFA for setting off fireworks in the square in Florence last season. We'll also likely get fined for the pyro at the home game this season.

Makes these two even more stupid then and us as well. Didn't realise we'd been done for behaviour away from the stadium. We'll probably be done for Aristotle Square then. Not sure how public areas miles from a stadium come under UEFA's remit. No wonder they're swimming in money.

gordon simpson
9 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The guy caught with drugs ,wouldn't want to be him if he is still waiting jail .

Greek conditions described as poor ,overcrowded and dangerous .

midnight express  comes to mind Greeks are very similar to Turks  

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Really pleased to hear that Mikey. I was a little worried for everyone going over. especially after the post about the Aris fan getting stabbed. 

The advice given by the club was in good faith and intended to keep everyone safe.

The way it was put, It did seem a bit scary, though.

Prior to the match there were Hearts fans spread out all over with not a whiff of trouble ... quite the opposite.

After the event? I've not read anyone having had any bother, so it seems like the arrangements worked just fine.

As described on another thread, my only issue was being shoved back aggressively by one of the helmet clad, shield holding, and baton wielding Greek Police whilst quietly walking past their OTT double line of defence from the PAOK side of the ground towards the Hearts gate ... having been joshing with PAOK fans right in front of their eyes, no less.

Screenshot_20230905_200041_Gallery.jpg

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

The advice given by the club was in good faith and intended to keep everyone safe.

The way it was put, It did seem a bit scary, though.

Prior to the match there were Hearts fans spread out all over with not a whiff of trouble ... quite the opposite.

After the event? I've not read anyone having had any bother, so it seems like the arrangements worked just fine.

As described on another thread, my only issue was being shoved back aggressively by one of the helmet clad, shield holding, and baton wielding Greek Police whilst quietly walking past their OTT double line of defence from the PAOK side of the ground towards the Hearts gate ... having been joshing with PAOK fans right in front of their eyes, no less.

Screenshot_20230905_200041_Gallery.jpg

They where shouting at us trying to leave after the 2nd goal, and all the replies where we just want to go for beer we're not pussys... And that was that.

Police said they where there mainly for them so i'd imagine come derby day/s over there they can get pretty rowdy. I turned up expecting a big tifo display was one of my main reasons for wanting to go actually.

12 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Not guilty M'Lud.

A Celtic fan at work, who didn't have them or take them into grounds, told me that they hide them on children, because the security aren't allowed to search children. Don't know how they get them home or abroad, though.

I suppose it'll be a secret.

That's child abuse. Imagine if little Seamus went up in smoke, what would Celtic FC  say?

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

midnight express  comes to mind Greeks are very similar to Turks  

I'll leave it to you to tell the Turks that.

4 hours ago, Dunks said:

Do you have a reference to back that up?

All I remember is Hearts fans cleared up pre-match, and the mayor praising our behaviour.

No trouble, no mess ... not even a discarded fag packet post-match at gone midnight with Hearts fans still out in numbers, and the local police wi' nowt to do other than get payed overtime for hingin' aboot.

11 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Do you have a reference to back that up?

All I remember is Hearts fans cleared up pre-match, and the mayor praising our behaviour.

No trouble, no mess ... not even a discarded fag packet post-match at gone midnight with Hearts fans still out in numbers, and the local police wi' nowt to do other than get payed overtime for hingin' aboot.

Think your specs might have been a bit tinted if you never seen as much as a fag packet!

We weren't exactly the Japanese running round with bin bags 😆

I do agree with the point though that nothing was deliberately antagonistic and the police and street sweep team behind us seemed cool with it.

I have to say that, when I first went to Greece in 1986, I had zero tolerance to the Ouzo. Boy did that make me very drunk and rather ill the next day. 

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I have to say that, when I first went to Greece in 1986, I had zero tolerance to the Ouzo. Boy did that make me very drunk and rather ill the next day. 

When we get drawn in Turkey next season Dave Raki is the way to go, makes Ouzo taste like a cheap orange squash.

Just now, Doctor FinnBarr said:

When we get drawn in Turkey next season Dave Raki is the way to go, makes Ouzo taste like a cheap orange squash.

👍

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

That's child abuse. Imagine if little Seamus went up in smoke, what would Celtic FC  say?

They’d deny all responsibility, as usual.

25 minutes ago, Super T said:

Think your specs might have been a bit tinted if you never seen as much as a fag packet!

We weren't exactly the Japanese running round with bin bags 😆

I do agree with the point though that nothing was deliberately antagonistic and the police and street sweep team behind us seemed cool with it.

Here's a photo of that main square in Florence gone 23:00.

Had I taken one looking the other way, there were heaps of Hearts fans still packing the pubs.

Do you see any litter? Naw.

Do you see the police, as I described, doing little other than getting payed OT? Aye.

Please feel free to post some pics of your own that back up your assertion and contradict mine.

Take your time. I'm patient. 👍

Screenshot_20230906_002937_Gallery.jpg

10 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Here's a photo of that main square in Florence gone 23:00.

Had I taken one looking the other way, there were heaps of Hearts fans still packing the pubs.

Do you see any litter? Naw.

Do you see the police, as I described, doing little other than getting payed OT? Aye.

Please feel free to post some pics of your own that back up your assertion and contradict mine.

Take your time. I'm patient. 👍

Screenshot_20230906_002937_Gallery.jpg

Your picture doesn't show the black bin bags that were filled by Hearts supporters without any Japanese help but they do exist.

Edit: knew I had one somewhere. 👍

Screenshot_20230906-011758~2.png

Edited by cazzyy