Odel Offiah

Walter Bishop

1 hour ago, Rocky jamboa said:

He's good going forward, Natty, but not good enough defensively for me. Leaves too much room for attackers and makes too many mistakes.

Recently you’d be struggling to find many instances of these mistakes, was playing very well before his knock both defensively & getting forward. Still, even if that were the case I’d rather we had a guy comfortable going forward at fullback in the 26/38 games a season that we’re outright favourites in than someone who’s good defensively but overly cautious 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• davemclaren

• feej

• boag1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
Batistuta87
20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

On the bench for Brighton tonight. Strange case.

Weird. Medical issues aside he was absolutely pish. 

Madjambo21
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I thought he was really good on the defensive side but not great going forward.

Usually the other way round these days

Batistuta87
10 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

I thought he was really good on the defensive side but not great going forward.

Usually the other way round these days

Thought he was pretty horrible in both senses and his tracking back was woeful. He'd wander up the pitch, we'd lose the ball and get counter-attacked and he would just walk back, or he would defend from a CM/DM position rather than as a right back. I know full backs often double up as DMs these days but didn't feel like that was what he was doing and he just seemed lost and a little lazy (although perhaps that was to do with his health). Although gutted to see a player with health issues I was pretty glad to see that back of him. Lembikisa is such a big improvement. 

Edited by Batistuta87

12 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'm not sure we saw enough of him to judge that, the guy barely played a game for us.

At Ibrox he did really well from memory also

Batistuta87
14 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I'm not sure we saw enough of him to judge that, the guy barely played a game for us.

At Ibrox he did really well from memory also

He looked lost in the games I saw him play. Completely lost. 

Jim Panzee
14 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Perhaps one of those players who looks a lot better when surrounded by higher calibre players?

Madjambo21
4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Thought he was pretty horrible in both senses and his tracking back was woeful. He'd wander up the pitch, we'd lose the ball and get counter-attacked and he would just walk back, or he would defend from a CM/DM position rather than as a right back. I know full backs often double up as DMs these days but didn't feel like that was what he was doing and he just seemed lost and a little lazy (although perhaps that was to do with his health). Although gutted to see a player with health issues I was pretty glad to see that back of him. Lembikisa is such a big improvement. 

You could be right.

My main memory of him was against Rangers where he kept Sima (think its him) quiet before going off with medical issue.

Sima then ripped us apart.

Wish the lad all the best of course

• 1 month later...
Heres Rixxy

Just saw he came on for Brighton against City yesterday. Happy for him following his issues.

My heart keeps sinking when I see this thread pop up!

Glad to see he's doing better :) 

On 29/02/2024 at 11:33, Batistuta87 said:

He looked lost in the games I saw him play. Completely lost. 

I thought he looked very good first game for us (against Partick maybe?) and was hyping him to my Dad. "Wait til you see this boy!". Then he was shite every game after that 🙈

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Odel Offiah
Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Just saw he came on for Brighton against City yesterday. Happy for him following his issues.

Astonishing to think this guy is playing for an EPL club 🙈

PaddysBar
2 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Astonishing to think this guy is playing for an EPL club 🙈

He looked ok in his first game or so for us but looked nowhere near EPL standard. 

Diadora Van Basten
On 29/02/2024 at 15:43, Madjambo21 said:

You could be right.

My main memory of him was against Rangers where he kept Sima (think its him) quiet before going off with medical issue.

Sima then ripped us apart.

Wish the lad all the best of course

That was his high water mark 

DG_HMFC
2 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

He looked ok in his first game or so for us but looked nowhere near EPL standard. 

We've had a few players look good in their first few appearances before becoming liabilities.

i8hibsh

The boy is shite. There are lots of shite players in the EPL, you will see this with the incomings at Easter Road in the summer.

Bull's-eye

He obviously wasn't remotely fit when sent on his rehab course to us. Loaning players from big clubs with all the obvious caveats involved isn't something we should be dabbling in in my opini9n, but I do understand the need to keep lines of communication open with the big boys.

Fxxx the SPFL
41 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

He obviously wasn't remotely fit when sent on his rehab course to us. Loaning players from big clubs with all the obvious caveats involved isn't something we should be dabbling in in my opini9n, but I do understand the need to keep lines of communication open with the big boys.

Why would we keep lines of communication open with ourselves 

😉

JamboAl
On 27/04/2024 at 05:50, i8hibsh said:

The boy is shite. There are lots of shite players in the EPL, you will see this with the incomings at Easter Road in the summer.

Played for Brighton yesterday.

PaddysBar
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Good on him but he didn’t look good enough to be a first team player for Hearts in the SPFL last season. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I keep completely forgetting about him and Alex Lowry. It was only a few months ago they were playing for us tae. 

been here before

Lowry I totally forgot about until one of my laddies was playing FIFA, or whatever its called these days, and up he popped.

Madjambo21
11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

James Hill was on the bench for Bournemouth also in that game.

RustyRightPeg
11 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Good on him but he didn’t look good enough to be a first team player for Hearts in the SPFL last season. 

It was this season.

hmfc_liam06

Saw nothing from him in his brief spell that indicated he has what it takes to play in the EPL.

RustyRightPeg
On 27/04/2024 at 06:44, Bull's-eye said:

It wasn't a rehab course, it was an undetected medical issue. He was sent back to Brighton nearly 6 months ago now and he's obviously recovered from it?

What's the problem? 

I'm (unlike others for some reason) happy to see the laddie doing well. He did nothing wrong when he was here. 

Bull's-eye
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It wasn't a rehab course, it was an undetected medical issue. He was sent back to Brighton nearly 6 months ago now and he's obviously recovered from it?

What's the problem? 

I'm (unlike others for some reason) happy to see the laddie doing well. He did nothing wrong when he was here. 

No problem, couldn't care less in actual fact. If you think he looked like an EPL player when he trotted out for us on the odd occasion then thats fine.

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

No problem, couldn't care less in actual fact. If you think he looked like an EPL player when he trotted out for us on the odd occasion then thats fine.

At what point did I say that? You said something that wasn't correct - so I said the truth but then went onto say I was happy for him, unlike others on here who's hobby is putting others down. Never mentioned him being an EPL player once.

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

At what point did I say that? You said something that wasn't correct - so I said the truth but then went onto say I was happy for him, unlike others on here who's hobby is putting others down. Never mentioned him being an EPL player once.

Bollocks, I know the player in question as he lives very close to me. He came to us unfit.

I'm probably one of the few who didn't think he was that bad at all and thought he was pretty solid. Not great but did fine especially since he never got a proper run in the team.

Dundee away being an exception as he was poor that day, but apart from that I really don't see why he got so much criticism. 

He’s never a RWB in a million years despite us being told he can play that position. Looked like he was towing a caravan.

Good luck to the lad and glad is health looks to be on the up.