Ryder Cup 2023

Malinga the Swinga

10 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

I think mcilroy is blowing this way out of proportion.  Personally,  I didn't see much wrong with the actions of the caddie.  

Mcilroy should save his aggression for the course. 

McIlroy just asked him to move so he could line up his putt. No need for the caddie to be shouting abuse at him while he is trying to line up a putt. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samuel Camazzola

• Sooperstar

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

Samuel Camazzola
51 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

La Cava's game was finished. The red-necked halfwit should have been in the clubhouse choking on a burger drinking piss-water American beer not interfering in a live match.

He caddies for Thomas. 2 c*n*ts together 

No, he doesn't. Bones (Mickelson's former looper) is Thomas' bagman. La Cava caddies for Cantlay since Tiger is out of action. 

Pasquale for King

Any win will be great but a record defeat for the US would be even better. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

Caddies should never get involved with players under any circumstances.  If asked or told to move away or desist from anything else then they should simply do so without argument.  Full stop.

Samuel Camazzola

Matchplay is a different animal and the swings can happen so quickly. Although it's inevitable there will be a splattering of red at some point, I feel Europe will have too much and won't be surprised if a record score is posted. 

Aaberg is in a good position to be the man who clinches it. 🏆 

Love the drama of it all but it's definitely being blown out of proportion. The caddy pushed it a bit far of course but it's all emotion. I didn't, and haven't seen him trample on Rory's line, and he's caddying for a player on the green so perfectly entitled to be in the vicinity.

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Love the drama of it all but it's definitely being blown out of proportion. The caddy pushed it a bit far of course but it's all emotion. I didn't, and haven't seen him trample on Rory's line, and he's caddying for a player on the green so perfectly entitled to be in the vicinity.

A lot of it will do with how frustrated they will also be with themselves.They pretty much threw away the advantage they had the last two holes.Great putting by Cantalay  but they threw it away those drives down the last especially 

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Celebrating is fine. Walking back into the area that Rory was using to get a read was a massive no-no and he knew what he was doing. He over-stepped the mark. 

Rory's actions in the car park look to have turned into an unintentional stroke of genius and will have put momentum back in Europe's favour. 

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

A lot of it will do with how frustrated they will also be with themselves.They pretty much threw away the advantage they had the last two holes.Great putting by Cantalay  but they threw it away those drives down the last especially 

Yeh definitely. It was also just a rush of emotion I guess. Cantlay sinks the putt and it all just spills over a bit.

5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Celebrating is fine. Walking back into the area that Rory was using to get a read was a massive no-no and he knew what he was doing. He over-stepped the mark. 

Rory's actions in the car park look to have turned into an unintentional stroke of genius and will have put momentum back in Europe's favour. 

It's certainly added some extra oomph today which is great for everyone really. He did overstep no doubt, the coverage though and hyperbole in the media (and on here) is a bit ott though.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

No, he doesn't. Bones (Mickelson's former looper) is Thomas' bagman. La Cava caddies for Cantlay since Tiger is out of action. 

Ah apologies. I thought he was on Thomas' bag.

He's still a **** though

No miracle at Marco Simone...

Would like to see an X European Ryder Cup stalwart keep Bob company early doors...

Edited by OBE

During the commentary yesterday one of them said that the course was named after Marco Simone the footballer, which I thought was a bit strange given that he spent most of his career in Milan and barely played for the national team. In case anyone was wondering though, it isn’t named after him, it's named after some guy from over a thousand years ago who owned and developed the land in the area. 

Samuel Camazzola
25 minutes ago, OBE said:

No miracle at Marco Simone...

Would like to see an X European Ryder Cup stalwart keep Bob company early doors...

I think Aaberg will have someone like Bjorn keep an eye on things to ensure Brooks doesn't try anything underhand. 

22 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I think Aaberg will have someone like Bjorn keep an eye on things to ensure Brooks doesn't try anything underhand. 

Aye, sorry, TB for Aaberg also, just looking after our bairn...

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Rahm has turned to shit the last 3 holes

Just produced a Seve-esque shot from the wilderness. 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Just produced a Seve-esque shot from the wilderness. 

Yeah that was a beauty. Hopefully save him from going behind.

Getting a wee bit nervy at the current scoreboard. 😬

3 minutes ago, biglaff said:

Haven't been following it. There seems to be many of America's top players missing, is there a reason for this?

Liv...but top players is a bit of a stretch.

Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, biglaff said:

Haven't been following it. There seems to be many of America's top players missing, is there a reason for this?

If you mean Bryson, Reed, DJ etc..., they relied on a captain's pick as they couldn't accrue qualifying points outwith the Majors. Brooks performed in the majors (and won one) resulting in him getting a nod. 

46 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I must have blinked and missed it.

To be fair it was a missed putt from Aberg on the first hole and then once the action cut away to another match one of the commentary team confirmed that Koepka had made his putt to win the hole.