• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I’m a bit shocked you think that there is not much wrong with our creative options.  It’s been our major problem all season.  Dhanda will be in ahead of Grant.

Dhanda will be just as ineffective as all the other decent options if we don’t play at tempo and transition a bit quicker. That’s the issue. If you watched the last 3 games you’d have seen it. No tempo first half. Got in trouble. Increased tempo second half, got out of trouble. Same players, Vargas Oda Forrest Grant Neuwenhof just producing much more when the urgency is applied.

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, May one-six said:

Cammy Devlin is a great player for us to have in the squad. I don't get it with some fans - they seem to need slag off players for the flimsiest of reasons. The myth about Devlin's poor passing has been pushed by a few for some time now. It's garbage. I know one thing for sure - I'd rather have him playing for us than against us.

Agreed, we have players not getting a game at Hearts that would walk in to most SPFL teams. Haliday at Motherwell for example. But for some reson people seem to enjoy talking our players down. 

I get we are not a team of Messi and Rinaldos, but the players we have got us to third place in the league with a 10 point gap.  

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Why?

You only have to look at how long it took Forrest to get to his best to see what COULD happen. There’s a big difference between being top dog at Ross County to playing for us. The more he gets hyped up the farther he could potentially fall in the minds of those bigging him up. 

He’s a welcome signing and I hope he hits the ground running but expectation levels are through the roof. 

HopeDiouf
10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Why?

cause he's on 6k a week and we're not willing to pay those sort of wages, iirc :)

GorgieFifeLife
43 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Or he was doing very well, got injured, came back into a team which had changed to wingbacks and he'd lost his position on the wing and has had to adjust, playing WB or up front.  Maybe?

But has still scored 4 in 14 which in a full season would be around 10 goals, and many of his 14 have been off the bench.

And he's 22.

Or you could be right and he's simply pish?  I hope you're right, cos otherwise it would mean you just talk pish, and that would be a shame for us all to have to come to terms with.

He doesn’t impact games enough.  You could come up with all the excuses you want for him but outwith a few goals he doesn’t contribute enough to the team.  We can bring in better and almost certainly will.

Maybe we won’t and we will decide he is top class like you say or maybe you are talking pish, which would be hard to take.

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Cammy Devlin is a great player for us to have in the squad. I don't get it with some fans - they seem to need slag off players for the flimsiest of reasons. The myth about Devlin's poor passing has been pushed by a few for some time now. It's garbage. I know one thing for sure - I'd rather have him playing for us than against us.

I have been a critic in past, of his ability. Counting the days till hes back. Says it all.

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

Ahh, the good old days pre-Bosman. Life was simpler back then. 

IIRC the Bosman-ruling and transfer windows are entirely unrelated...?

GorgieFifeLife
54 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

This is surely the very definition of having an impact 😂

You mean he impacts games but doesn’t contribute throughout the entire 90 minutes. 

Yes this is what I meant.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, May one-six said:

The way we try to win the ball back is very different under Naismith, its about spacing and interception rather than tackle, not always but often. Cammy was suited to Neilson probably far more, when he first came Cammy and Beni were tackling defenders in their own box, so he may have to adjust, a very useful player to have still.

2 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Beni and Devlin made a great central midfield pairing before beni got injured 

They were outstanding.

Jack Torrance
8 minutes ago, BRY said:

IIRC the Bosman-ruling and transfer windows are entirely unrelated...?

Can't remember when transfer windows started in Scotland but UEFA started in 2002, partly to remove confusion following the Bosman ruling.

RustyRightPeg
17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Dhanda will be just as ineffective as all the other decent options if we don’t play at tempo and transition a bit quicker. That’s the issue. If you watched the last 3 games you’d have seen it. No tempo first half. Got in trouble. Increased tempo second half, got out of trouble. Same players, Vargas Oda Forrest Grant Neuwenhof just producing much more when the urgency is applied.

When they don't think about it. When it's instinctive.

davie1980

Folk on FB reckon it'd only cost 100k to get Dhanda now, is that right enough?

I though County were digging their heels in, if it's £100k get it paid 

May one-six
9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

The way we try to win the ball back is very different under Naismith, its about spacing and interception rather than tackle, not always but often. Cammy was suited to Neilson probably far more, when he first came Cammy and Beni were tackling defenders in their own box, so he may have to adjust, a very useful player to have still.

I do think Cammy will get fewer minutes in the future simply because there's a lot more competition in midfield now. However, there are few people in the squad who show more energy and enthusiasm than he does. 

FarmerTweedy
On 29/01/2024 at 11:13, kingantti1874 said:

that’s no where near enough IMO

I'm inclined to agree. Cochrane has flaws in his game, but he's only 23 so should be a bit away from reaching his peak as continues to get more experience. I think we should generally be looking for at least £3m and probably more like £4m for a player of his quality and background, with the only issue being that his contract is up in the summer of next year. I'd not sell him for anything near £2m this week, but if he doesn't sign a new contract I'd maybe reluctantly accept around £2m or so in the summer given that he'd only have 12 months left then.  Ideally we'll get him on an extended deal soon, and then stick at least a £4m price tag on him for the summer and beyond! 

BackOfTheNet
36 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Depends who we are playing who starts and who doesn't. Think folk might need to cool their jets on Dhanda a bit or end up bitterly disappointed.

This. People are talking him up way better than he is. Not that he isn’t a good player or a good addition, I’m sure he will be, but people are going over the top which will lead to inevitable lofty expectations not being met. And that’s no fault of the player, but you bet he’ll get the brunt of it if he has off games.

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This. People are talking him up way better than he is. Not that he isn’t a good player or a good addition, I’m sure he will be, but people are going over the top which will lead to inevitable lofty expectations not being met. And that’s no fault of the player, but you bet he’ll get the brunt of it if he has off games.

Who has gone over the top? And what's been said other than he'll start most weeks for us?

Cambo_Jambo
45 minutes ago, May one-six said:

I think my opinion of him is best summed up by this:

I love him because of his desire, work ethic and the fact he's bought into Hearts and plays like any one of us would if we had the talent and engine he does. Too many people watch the EPL and play FIFA/EA24 and think everyone on a team should have immaculate control and be able to spray first time 30 yard passes.

2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

The guy who has scored key goals against Hibs and Aberdeen, and the 86th minute winner a week ago has completely failed to make an impact?

Madness eh 🤯🤪

Jamboross
25 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

The first three words of your post tell you all you need to know about the reliability of that figure. Highly doubt it's only £100k they're after, probably two or three times that. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Who has gone over the top? And what's been said other than he'll start most weeks for us?

Yeah i agree,not over the top for me just general excitement because of the style of player he is.

We love a Juanjo,Valois type and Dhanda is in that mould.

Will he have poor games?Absolutely 

JimmyCant
20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

When they don't think about it. When it's instinctive.

I think we sometimes lose sight of what possession needs to lead to. I’ve seen us have high 70% possession stats in a half yet less than 10 attempts at goal. That 70% is often made up of passive possession in our own half. We need a lot more energy further up the park and we need to be a bit braver with risk taking and most of all it needs to be quicker. Yes we’ll drop our possession numbers and our turnovers will go up and it’ll be jolly interesting for the stats nerds but we’d make more chances, score more goals and not get in so much trouble if we ‘front foot’ teams instead of being so passive. For a team that has the 3rd best squad in the league (IMO) we’re easy to play against and easy to stop a lot of the time. It’s like you have to make us angry first or we’re not coming after you. So frustrating when you see us up it a gear or two when we have to, when we could have been doing it all along from the start.

22 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ok Buzz Killington

davie1980
5 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

The first three words of your post tell you all you need to know about the reliability of that figure. Highly doubt it's only £100k they're after, probably two or three times that. 

That's why I asked on here.

Facebook's got more arseholes than Kickback.

Hopefully there's news today to alleviate the Shankland wait and general criticism of players.   Bonkers stuff. 

Maybe a signing or an other players extension before "the deadline" :ohmy:

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yeah i agree,not over the top for me just general excitement because of the style of player he is.

We love a Juanjo,Valois type and Dhanda is in that mould.

Will he have poor games?Absolutely 

Mental. Knock it on the head because BackOfTheNet doesn't think he's actually that good.

AlphonseCapone
33 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

That's value is based on some shite social media account that pretends to know stuff. Unfortunately in this day and age it gets accepted by fact without any critical thought.

JimmyCant
32 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Their problem is they are dealing with a club who can afford to wait for the player. We’re not in any trouble, we’ve got plenty cover for the position he plays so £100k (£6k per game he’d be able to play) is money we need not spend.

They'll buckle in the last few hours of the window and accept a token. If they don’t, we wait.No loss

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

That's why I asked on here.

Facebook's got more arseholes than Kickback.

It was a made up figure from a journalist or blogger, online and folk seem to have latched on to it, so it's now become fact.

I think the arsehole ratio might be closer than you think, though. 😆

59 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Well said sir.

JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That's value is based on some shite social media account that pretends to know stuff. Unfortunately in this day and age it gets accepted by fact without any critical thought.

I think we’re all using £100k as a hypothetical now. They’ve no chance of getting that from us, far less 2-3 times that 

Wonder what .nut thinks about Penrice now v what they'll think when he signs for us... 🙂

Edited by WDJ87

leipzig76
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Clubs that consider signing a player who has signed a pre-contract with another club should also tread carefully, as the club and the player would be jointly and severally liable for any compensation payable if the player is found to have breached the pre-contract without just cause (Article 17(2) of FIFA’s Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players 2012). Sporting sanctions can also be imposed on the club for inducing the player to breach the pre-contract as there is a presumption, unless established to the contrary, “that any club signing a professional who has terminated his contract without just cause has induced that professional to commit a breach” (Article 17(4) of FIFA’s Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players).

Thanks RRP !

davie1980
4 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

It was a made up figure from a journalist or blogger, online and folk seem to have latched on to it, so it's now become fact.

I think the arsehole ratio might be closer than you think, though. 😆

Well, I didn't want to say. Trying to get back in a few good books

Any idea why the club would give shanks a deadline of tomorrow night to sign or reject the deal?

Is it cos he’s off? 
To free up funds for late Dhanda push?

So we can swiftly enter negotiations for a 3rd offer? 

HopeDiouf
Just now, Hertz21 said:

Any idea why the club would give shanks a deadline of tomorrow night to sign or reject the deal?

Is it cos he’s off? 
To free up funds for late Dhanda push?

So we can swiftly enter negotiations for a 3rd offer? 

cause if he doesn't sign it, he spends next 6-18 months on current wage instead? negotiating tactic basically.

Edited by HopeDiouf

soonbe110
53 minutes ago, May one-six said:

I do think Cammy will get fewer minutes in the future simply because there's a lot more competition in midfield now. However, there are few people in the squad who show more energy and enthusiasm than he does. 

Yes, Naismith thinks Hof will be a great signing, wants to sign Fraser and Dhanda, has offered a contract extension to Beni, has been giving Grant a lot of game time saving him for big matches, wants to give first team minutes to Pollock, Tait and Denholm.  Hard to see where Devlin fits now tbh unless we get a raft of injuries and suspensions. 

10 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

cause if he doesn't sign it, he spends next 6-18 months on current wage instead? negotiating tactic basically.

Aw I see thanks for the reply  

3 hours ago, busbyfth said:

Devlins hard to make out .....great in the engine room but often then just gives the ball away.....re Atkinson - how can we tell when comparing him to the new loanee after very little game time ? Yoda/Tagawa need a number of consecutive starts to show their real worth but arent afforded this due to us having so many similar type players. 

Devlin has one of the highest pass completion rates at the club. Someone put up a chart showing everyone’s stats and he was near the top. 

Gimme an H...
4 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Devlin has one of the highest pass completion rates at the club. Someone put up a chart showing everyone’s stats and he was near the top. 

Not just at the club mate - in the whole league...

I've read some shite on KB over the years but to see Devlin being singled out for anything is mind boggling 😂

Even when we were shite he was one of the few positives.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

You only need to read the shite about Barrie McKay to understand why

Anyone expecting Dhanda to come in and be our best player will be disappointed - but he is a very good player who, like McKay, will be exciting to watch. 

Pete Elliott
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Depends who we are playing who starts and who doesn't. Think folk might need to cool their jets on Dhanda a bit or end up bitterly disappointed.

This is a really good point. Some elements of our support have zero patience and want every signing to hit the ground running. Some of our best players of the last 20 years needed 6-12 months to settle and went on to become legends.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

This is a really good point. Some elements of our support have zero patience and want every signing to hit the ground running. Some of our best players of the last 20 years needed 6-12 months to settle and went on to become legends.

Exactly, interesting to hear Naismiths own words last week, he would "prefer" new signings to come in and not really be noticed too much for 6 months, integrated while others take the pressure off.

Gorgierools

Is it correct that if we sign him for a fee we then get a transfer fee if we subsequently sell him within his contracted period but,if he comes in for nothing, on a pre contract,he can walk for free?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, Naismith thinks Hof will be a great signing, wants to sign Fraser and Dhanda, has offered a contract extension to Beni, has been giving Grant a lot of game time saving him for big matches, wants to give first team minutes to Pollock, Tait and Denholm.  Hard to see where Devlin fits now tbh unless we get a raft of injuries and suspensions. 

Came on at Killie in a battle and did well. Had he been fit the week after, he would have been useful at Pittodrie, aggressive matches will suit him more now I think.

AlimOzturk

Cammy Devlin is a tremendous player to have. This is a case of folk forgetting what he brings simply because he’s been out. 

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Came on at Killie in a battle and did well. Had he been fit the week after, he would have been useful at Pittodrie, aggressive matches will suit him more now I think.

had appeared to have fallen down the pecking order though prior to that, rightly or wrongly, had seemed to be out of favour.

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Possibly, but his game time had dropped quite a bit prior to his injury. Suggests the manager prefers others. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***