***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***

dazajmbo

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Rowles yes.  Devlin is a squad player who has severe limitations.  I can’t see Atkinson shifting Lembikisa who looks streets ahead of him.  Oda and Tagawa have completely failed to make an impact.

Did you include Oda beside Tagawa, purely because they're both from Japan?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Oda scored a winning goal a week ago today. He scored against Hibs, and also nicked a winner up in Perth on the first day of the season. It isn't Shankland numbers...but its an impact surely no?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• GinRummy

• Sooks

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

That'll be Scott McKenna signing for Copenhagen. A team in the Champions League.

Put that weird rumor to bed.

Very weird. Maybe he just wanted quality game time in order to make sure he's in contention to go to the Euros. 

Jack Torrance
22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He is talking about well before transfer windows were even thought of😉

Ahh, the good old days pre-Bosman. Life was simpler back then. 

15 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Popping up with an end result every now and again is not making an impact.  He goes missing in games and becomes a man short which is why his game time has been limited.  We will be looking to get better options in to improve us.

Or he was doing very well, got injured, came back into a team which had changed to wingbacks and he'd lost his position on the wing and has had to adjust, playing WB or up front.  Maybe?

But has still scored 4 in 14 which in a full season would be around 10 goals, and many of his 14 have been off the bench.

And he's 22.

Or you could be right and he's simply pish?  I hope you're right, cos otherwise it would mean you just talk pish, and that would be a shame for us all to have to come to terms with.

Gimme an H...
20 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Devlins hard to make out .....great in the engine room but often then just gives the ball away.....re Atkinson - how can we tell when comparing him to the new loanee after very little game time ? Yoda/Tagawa need a number of consecutive starts to show their real worth but arent afforded this due to us having so many similar type players. 

When will this absolute myth stop being peddled out?

The stats (repeatedely posted on here) show he's one of the best passers in the league for ball retention.

I'd be keeping Devlin, there is definately a place in the team for him.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Obviously. 

Image result for mr bean copy homework

🤣🤣🤣🤣👏👏

AlphonseCapone
28 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Popping up with an end result every now and again is not making an impact.  He goes missing in games and becomes a man short which is why his game time has been limited.  We will be looking to get better options in to improve us.

That's an outrageously stupid sentence. He literally turned 1 point into 3 points a week ago.

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Hibs :lol:

Usain Bolt faces running challenge from man with no legs. Pretty much the same level of competition we're talking about here.

5 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

The stats (repeatedely posted on here) show he's one of the best passers in the league for ball retention.

We’re having a great spell but there was times during games (esp the last two home games when under pressure in the first half ) I thought to myself we could do with Devlin.  We could do with his energy, anticipation in closing the ball down, disrupting play.  

In these times where results are great, absent players start to get dismissed a little too easily imo.   It’s said a lot but I do think his work it too easily overlooked.  

A small part In the greater cog of the team, you need players with the knack to win the ball and make the opposition uneasy in midfield.  

Jack Torrance
4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

If we're in a race with Hibs, they're heading to the glue factory. 

Their source is apparently "it's claimed".

Sounds like 🐴 💩 

5 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

The only *rational* reason to pick Hibs over us would be a better chance of regular first team football. And there are many, many reasons to pick us over them.

16 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Was just going to post the same thing.  Devljn is a just keep.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Dhanda is a guaranteed starter.  He instantly elevates our creativity which is severely lacking.  Naismith is not stupid,  he knows fine well that we can’t continue winning long term with poor performances and it will eventually catch up with us.  It’s good to see we are bringing in some players who are proven at this level.  

I’ll more than happily be proven wrong, but I don’t think he is to be honest

15 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

If we're in a race with Hibs, they're heading to the glue factory. 

Their source is apparently "it's claimed".

Sounds like 🐴 💩 

Source is probally the agent trying to stoke a bidding war. 

RedStarRiot
52 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Popping up with an end result every now and again is not making an impact.  

This is surely the very definition of having an impact 😂

You mean he impacts games but doesn’t contribute throughout the entire 90 minutes. 

Edited by RedStarRiot

GorgieFifeLife
53 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Pish, he's 2nd top scorer and got the winner in a 3 goal comeback. Scored against Hibs, scored our first goal of this season ...

He disappears in games and becomes a passenger which is why he has not been trusted with more minutes.  If he was to move on he wouldn’t be missed.

GorgieFifeLife
55 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Devlins hard to make out .....great in the engine room but often then just gives the ball away.....re Atkinson - how can we tell when comparing him to the new loanee after very little game time ? Yoda/Tagawa need a number of consecutive starts to show their real worth but arent afforded this due to us having so many similar type players. 

Lembikisa has shown already that he has more to offer than Atkinson but I agree we need to wait a bit to see how it pans out over a longer period.  Tagawa is not going to get these consecutive starts as he has shown nothing in the minutes he has had.  Oda has shown flashes but not enough overall contribution in games to make him a regular.

Shooter McGavin
28 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Play for the biggest team in the city, win Edinburgh derbies on a regular basis, play in front of a sold-out stadium every 2nd week and play European football.

Or play for Hibs, who are currently *checks notes* 16 points behind us in the league.

It’s a tough one.

32 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

God know's! it's weird to me that Devlin can make 100 successful passes (agreed often sideways or 5-10 yards but thats what a DM does) but they are forgotten while a single, 25 yard ball over the top that doesn't find his man is remembered with crystal clarity for months

GorgieFifeLife
57 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Agree with this part.

Oda completely failing to make an impact is nonsense though. Scored great goals against Hibs and St Johnstone and literally just scored the winner against Dundee the other week. Hot and cold yes and but he's certainly contributed. Also worthwhile remembering his age and the fact he's a winger. Even experienced wingers aren't consistent every game.

Yes he has shown in flashes here and there but his overall impact in games is not enough to get him more minutes and be a regular.  If he stays long enough this may come.

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Sky report both hearts and Hibs in for Penrice

To be fair they need a lb more than us but FTH!

GorgieFifeLife
48 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Oda scored a winning goal a week ago today. He scored against Hibs, and also nicked a winner up in Perth on the first day of the season. It isn't Shankland numbers...but its an impact surely no?

He has had flashes but what I mean is an overall impact in games and not going missing for large chunks.  Hence his lack of game time.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

He has had flashes but what I mean is an overall impact in games and not going missing for large chunks.  Hence his lack of game time.

Yip and he also is far too safe for a player in that position. Need to see more

33 minutes ago, Homme said:

Hibs :lol:

If Penrice has an ounce of sense there's only one decision he can make.

Scott Leitch

Providing it's not a silly amount I'd be paying to bring Dhanda in now. Gives him 6 months to settle in. A lot to be said for that. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Still nothing about Scott Fraser?

He's still up here, but still waiting on green light from Charlton's end. 

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

There was something on the recored twitter about him being in "limbo".

OmiyaHearts
3 hours ago, OTT said:

Used to die inside seeing his name on the teamsheet against the OF. He can't do it in those games. Its not to say he isn't a valuable player against lower end sides, he's scored great goals for us and his creativity is a godsend against teams that sit in. I think Naismith has cottoned onto this though, in our win against Celtic at Parkhead, he was on the bench and pretty much stayed there until very late on. I think under Robbie he'd have started and we'd have lost. 

Its a shame, and I wonder if its a mentality thing? 

Edit just for relevance, Dhanda seems to be a big game player from what we've seen of him. Stands out in the games against OF, us, Hibs & Dons. Hopefully will see a measured improvement and the right sort of competition in the squad. 

The first thing my hun mates said to me when mackay signed, was that he disappears in big games. Cuts it against most average teams but the games you really need him, he doesn't perform. 

So it's well known, before he signed for us and seems to be accurate, from my point of view anyway.

Cambo_Jambo
7 minutes ago, Ribble said:

God know's! it's weird to me that Devlin can make 100 successful passes (agreed often sideways or 5-10 yards but thats what a DM does) but they are forgotten while a single, 25 yard ball over the top that doesn't find his man is remembered with crystal clarity for months

Devlin has, in my opinion, suffered from a lack of balance in midfield. Grant hasn't turned into the player we wanted, Beni hasn't returned to the ability level where he can carry the ball forward effectively and our main creative player in McKay being injured most of the season.

He's a classic worker who's job is to harrie the opposition, get the ball and complete a pass to someone who'll do something.

If we can get the midfield balance right, he's a really important and good player.

For evidence, look how good he was that first half season when Beni was playing at full speed beside him.

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

"Popping up" and scoring winning or important goals is the very definition of making an impact.

Also, I totally disagree with your characterisation of Devlin. He brings bundles of energy to the team, wins the ball back often high up the pitch creating opportunities and is a much better passer than he gets credit for. I get that this is just a different opinion but I think yours is unfair at best.

1 minute ago, Hansel said:

Is Penrice not a hibs fan? Or was he just a former hibs youth player?

Sure someone on here said his family were old firm fans. Can’t remember which team. 

Pans Jambo
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He's still up here, but still waiting on green light from Charlton's end. 

What's going there?

I appreciate they are looking for a new manager but there must be others involve in the running of the team that can make a decision. Worst case, can Charlton not simply 'recall' him early if the new manager wants him back?

Edited by Pans Jambo

jamboinglasgow
48 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Oda is our third highest goal scorer this season behind Shankland (obviously) and Vargas. Not a lot, but for a player whose playing time has been all over the place not a bad return.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Odd, i don’t remember seeing McCann, Colquhoun or Johnston actively avoiding a challenge…actually blatantly backing off.

Nor do I remember seeing any of them not tracking back or not showing a bit of guts/fire in the belly.

Like it or not, McKay is fairly gutless…he has all the talent in the world, but unfortunately appears to be fairly wishy washy…I can’t ever remember seeing him show any passion on the pitch (normally he even has a fairly blank look on his face).

Years ago, Eric Wynalda made a comment about David Beckham and American football coaches. He said look, in Europe, people looked at a young David Beckham and said, holy shit, you can hit a street sign from 40 yards with your right foot, that's incredible, let's figure out a way to use that. In the US, the coaches would have said, that's cute, but that's not real football, let's improve your left foot a bit.

What Wynalda wanted was for the US to start acting more like European coaches. Weirdly, it seems like Europe has started acting more like the US.

McKay has an ability to make passes that can transform a game with just a few touches. We have very few players with that skill. Granted you can't have someone be a total passenger the rest of the game, but while I realize most on here recognize his value, sometimes it feels like we keep asking why McKay can't tackle like Devlin and why Devlin can't pass like McKay.

Devlin's ****ing amazing at tackling and McKay is a magician with his passes. Maybe we want to see them work on the rest of their games a bit but I'd rather have the two of them than two midfielders who were kind of middling at both.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I actually forgot all about him.

Jamboscanbevicius
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

What's going there?

I appreciate they are looking for a new manager but there must be others involve in the running of the team that can make a decision. Worst case, can Charlton not simply 'recall' him early if the new manager wants him back?

Obviously stalled due to their change of manager. But I do wonder if it’s also because we subsequently had a breakthrough in the Dhanda negotiations.

Wonder if we’ll wait til the deadline and only bring Fraser in if we can’t agree an immediate deal for Dhanda.

Seems harsh on Fraser but 🤷‍♂️

leipzig76
11 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Providing it's not a silly amount I'd be paying to bring Dhanda in now. Gives him 6 months to settle in. A lot to be said for that. 

The no mark chairman at County said it would take a ridiculous amount for Hearts to get Dhanda in this window.Just wondered, if County get a ridiculous amount from another club does he sign for that club or is he beholden to join us ?

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

What's going there?

No idea. We've said we're happy to go to the deadline with it though. Sure one outlet even reported Naismith saying we'll still be interested come the summer.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, leipzig76 said:

The no mark chairman at County said it would take a ridiculous amount for Hearts to get Dhanda in this window.Just wondered, if County get a ridiculous amount from another club does he sign for that club or is he beholden to join us ?

Clubs that consider signing a player who has signed a pre-contract with another club should also tread carefully, as the club and the player would be jointly and severally liable for any compensation payable if the player is found to have breached the pre-contract without just cause (Article 17(2) of FIFA’s Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players 2012). Sporting sanctions can also be imposed on the club for inducing the player to breach the pre-contract as there is a presumption, unless established to the contrary, “that any club signing a professional who has terminated his contract without just cause has induced that professional to commit a breach” (Article 17(4) of FIFA’s Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players).

All roads lead to Gorgie
10 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

There was something on the recored twitter about him being in "limbo".

Does "limbo" have a one or two football clubs? Wonder which one he will choose 😉

8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

What's going there?

Fraser is seemingly desperate to come back up the road with his Mrs having moved back up a while ago so he's not the reason. My guess would be that off the back of Charlton mucking Motherwell around as soon as we were interested that they are now using teh change in manager as an excuse to wait right to the end of the window before sending him to us, just in case the likes of Hibs or the Sheep come in and offer to pay more of his wages.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Depends who we are playing who starts and who doesn't. Think folk might need to cool their jets on Dhanda a bit or end up bitterly disappointed.

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Depends who we are playing who starts and who doesn't. Think folk might need to cool their jets on Dhanda a bit or end up bitterly disappointed.

Why?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Why?

You only need to read the shite about Barrie McKay to understand why

May one-six
19 minutes ago, Cambo_Jambo said:

Devlin has, in my opinion, suffered from a lack of balance in midfield. Grant hasn't turned into the player we wanted, Beni hasn't returned to the ability level where he can carry the ball forward effectively and our main creative player in McKay being injured most of the season.

He's a classic worker who's job is to harrie the opposition, get the ball and complete a pass to someone who'll do something.

If we can get the midfield balance right, he's a really important and good player.

For evidence, look how good he was that first half season when Beni was playing at full speed beside him.

Cammy Devlin is a great player for us to have in the squad. I don't get it with some fans - they seem to need slag off players for the flimsiest of reasons. The myth about Devlin's poor passing has been pushed by a few for some time now. It's garbage. I know one thing for sure - I'd rather have him playing for us than against us.

13 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Does "limbo" have a one or two football clubs? Wonder which one he will choose 😉

I never clicked the link. :lol: 

Fraser was not in the Charlton squad for the game last weekend. I would take this as a sign that he is still out of favour.  

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Hearts Winter Transfer Window 2024 SLAMS SHUT***