Hearts matchday programme content request

Hearts Programme

Hearts Programme

This is a new user ID used by the volunteer match programme contributors to communicate regarding programme content.  Generally speaking, most of the first half of every programme is written by the club, the second half is written by volunteers and we're looking for your help.

This season the club have added a News Page to the programme, and it's there for fans to submit any items of news that may be of interest, whether that is supporters club advertising events/functions or bus details, or fans marking the passing of a life-long fellow fan, a birthday/wedding worthy of mention, or an amusing story/picture related to Hearts, anything you think may be of interest. The club have set-up an email address for submissions; [email protected]   this doesn’t come to us, and it’s upto to the club what they print or not, but please consider it as an avenue alongside messages appearing on the big screen, and a longer lasting one!  The more submissions, the better it becomes.

Another new feature in the programme this season is My Memorable Match. We're looking for people to write 500-600 words on a Hearts match which is memorable to them for inclusion in the programme. It needn't be a Cup win or even a win. Perhaps the game is memorable because it coincided with a great event, the birth of a child. Or perhaps it was memorable because it was the last time you went to a match with a loved one. Perhaps it was a memorable trip following Hearts in Europe or on a pre-season jaunt. Or maybe it was just a fantastic team performance or a memorable goal which stands out in your mind. If you'd like to be included and have your name in the programme, drop us a message at  [email protected]  Don't worry if you feel your writing's not strong enough; we can work something out.

Hopefully this appeals to fans to get more involved with the programme and improve it's quality further, and if you have any other ideas over content feel free to get in touch. We don’t want to go down the road of seeing it binned like our friends down Leith way.

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Bumping this in case any budding writers missed it.  

Just volunteer the top 10 posters, program gets writers and the rest of us get more balanced chat - win, win 😁

4 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Just volunteer the top 10 posters, program gets writers and the rest of us get more balanced chat - win, win 😁

🥸

This is My Story Podcast
18 hours ago, Hearts Programme said:

This is a new user ID used by the volunteer match programme contributors to communicate regarding programme content.  Generally speaking, most of the first half of every programme is written by the club, the second half is written by volunteers and we're looking for your help.

This season the club have added a News Page to the programme, and it's there for fans to submit any items of news that may be of interest, whether that is supporters club advertising events/functions or bus details, or fans marking the passing of a life-long fellow fan, a birthday/wedding worthy of mention, or an amusing story/picture related to Hearts, anything you think may be of interest. The club have set-up an email address for submissions; [email protected]   this doesn’t come to us, and it’s upto to the club what they print or not, but please consider it as an avenue alongside messages appearing on the big screen, and a longer lasting one!  The more submissions, the better it becomes.

Another new feature in the programme this season is My Memorable Match. We're looking for people to write 500-600 words on a Hearts match which is memorable to them for inclusion in the programme. It needn't be a Cup win or even a win. Perhaps the game is memorable because it coincided with a great event, the birth of a child. Or perhaps it was memorable because it was the last time you went to a match with a loved one. Perhaps it was a memorable trip following Hearts in Europe or on a pre-season jaunt. Or maybe it was just a fantastic team performance or a memorable goal which stands out in your mind. If you'd like to be included and have your name in the programme, drop us a message at  [email protected]  Don't worry if you feel your writing's not strong enough; we can work something out.

Hopefully this appeals to fans to get more involved with the programme and improve it's quality further, and if you have any other ideas over content feel free to get in touch. We don’t want to go down the road of seeing it binned like our friends down Leith way.

This is a superb opportunity and something we have been very fortunate enough to be involved with, the last couple of seasons. This is a long standing part of our match day experience and something we’d all be gutted to lose! Can’t encourage folk enough to give it a bash. 

Hearts Programme

A wee reminder that the deadline for the Aberdeen issue is probably Monday, so if you have any items of news you'd like to see featured, please submit the info to the club in plenty of time.

Same for My Memorable Match, although not such an urgency as we have a few ready to go.

Thanks.

FAO LondonJambo

Hi, I think you need to check your Spam folder as have sent you the Jim Cruickshank article and have the 1920s player and era articles almost completed but no replies from you. Cheers BD.

• 2 weeks later...
Hearts Programme

Great to see a lot of fan content in todays issue.

Next home programme is the derby, so please keep the contributions coming in.

• 3 weeks later...
Independence

I think the current Hearts programme is one of the best on sale and great value for money. I have a subscription and will be renewing next season, for sure.

On 01/09/2023 at 16:00, Hearts Programme said:

I emailed you something last night about my most memorable game - an away game against St Mirren in the League Cup in 1990.  Can you confirm you got it?

On 01/09/2023 at 16:00, Hearts Programme said:

I really enjoyed the leaders of men articles about the managers of the club from its founding. Unfortunately the serious was cut short due to the Covid lockdown. Is there any chance these articles could be reproduced in the programme? Another idea would be to collect them together into a book.

Hearts Programme
52 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I emailed you something last night about my most memorable game - an away game against St Mirren in the League Cup in 1990.  Can you confirm you got it?

Thanks. I'll check with London Jambo.

58 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Ah gnasher , %95 percent of us,have got oor hole after the game , just leave it 😉😉😉😉😉.    😉

Hearts Programme
1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

I really enjoyed the leaders of men articles about the managers of the club from its founding. Unfortunately the serious was cut short due to the Covid lockdown. Is there any chance these articles could be reproduced in the programme? Another idea would be to collect them together into a book.

I've checked that, it got all the way to part 19 (Sandy Clark) before Covid intervened.

The content for this season and next is largely already set with it being the 150th (and next year, the 100th of the programme), but it's certainly something that can be looked at re-running in future.

Thanks for the feedback and pointing this out.

• 3 weeks later...
Hearts Programme

Next issue with be Livingston next Wednesday (1st Nov), so any contributions please forward as per first post on the thread, thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could i ask a favour- could you put the spot the difference answers somewhere- sometimes I get them and other times I'm going googled eye looking for them- and aye I know its for kids but I like it. 

• 4 weeks later...
Hearts Programme

After the break, we'll have two home games in four days v Dundee and Aberdeen.

Time now for any submissions you'd like to see included in these issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hearts Programme

Next home game is 17th February v Motherwell, so if you have anything to contribute, please read the OP.

Also a wee reminder that not only is 2024 the 150th Anniversary of the club, it is also the 100th Anniversary of the club programme in August.  The oldest continually produced programme in Scotland.

Please continue to contribute to, and but the programme when you can. Thanks.

Edited by Hearts Programme

Rudiscoresagain

I assume the Wee Team are claiming to have produced the first programme and likely to have been for their ever first game. 

Hearts Programme
4 hours ago, Rudiscoresagain said:

I assume the Wee Team are claiming to have produced the first programme and likely to have been for their ever first game. 

Not on this occasion, although they did start their programme a season or two after us.  Both clubs (or rather the company that were contracted to do it) did sell "half-time programmes" as far back as the 1900's, but none appear to have survived. Probably just a card with the fixtures on to match up with the half time score board.

The first proper Hearts issue was for the match against Ayr United on Saturday 23rd August 1924, and Mondays edition of the Edinburgh Evening news reported;

“It was quite evident at Tynecastle on Saturday that the Hearts official programme has caught on with the public. In addition to giving the teams, referee and data for the half-time board, it also supplied a paragraph dealing with Ayr which wound up with “There is no reason why we should not annex the points in to-days game”. One trusts that the lackadaisical style of the Hearts players, in the first half, had no connection with the phrase quoted”. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Hearts Programme said:

Not on this occasion, although they did start their programme a season or two after us.  Both clubs (or rather the company that were contracted to do it) did sell "half-time programmes" as far back as the 1900's, but none appear to have survived. Probably just a card with the fixtures on to match up with the half time score board.

The first proper Hearts issue was for the match against Ayr United on Saturday 23rd August 1924, and Mondays edition of the Edinburgh Evening news reported;

“It was quite evident at Tynecastle on Saturday that the Hearts official programme has caught on with the public. In addition to giving the teams, referee and data for the half-time board, it also supplied a paragraph dealing with Ayr which wound up with “There is no reason why we should not annex the points in to-days game”. One trusts that the lackadaisical style of the Hearts players, in the first half, had no connection with the phrase quoted”. 

There can't be many copies of that programme around these days?

Hearts Programme
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There can't be many copies of that programme around these days?

I believe there's only two known copies from that season, No.1 isn't one of them. Falkirk and Kilmarnock games from that season survive.

image.thumb.jpeg.fe5ad518a069e1832d5004f7c83bc866.jpeg

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Hearts Programme said:

I believe there's only two known copies from that season, No.1 isn't one of them. Falkirk and Kilmarnock games from that season survive.

image.thumb.jpeg.fe5ad518a069e1832d5004f7c83bc866.jpeg

👍

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hearts Programme

Firstly thanks to everyone who has contributed to My Memorable Match so far this season, they have been a great read!

We are now looking for a couple more to round off the season after the split, so it you think you can help, please refer back to the first post of the thread.  Also, if you want to contribute any snippets of news, please feel free.

Thanks!

londonjambo
21 hours ago, Hearts Programme said:

Firstly thanks to everyone who has contributed to My Memorable Match so far this season, they have been a great read!

We are now looking for a couple more to round off the season after the split, so it you think you can help, please refer back to the first post of the thread.  Also, if you want to contribute any snippets of news, please feel free.

Thanks!

Can I just bump this up again. We really need a few more contributions for this. Your chance to tell the story of your favourite match for the programme. Don't worry if you don't fancy yourself as a writer. Just put down your thoughts and we'll tidy it up. Send me your contributions at [email protected]

Thanks in advance