• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• Pasquale for King

• buzzbomb1958

15 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

We will still beat hubz though 

Nice thought.  But we need to score at least one goal to win, and scoring goals seem beyond us right now.

pettigrewsstylist
28 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

We expected a reaction after the PAOK game. We didn't get one.

Lack of a proper midfield is evident. Nobody in there to play a killer pass and split defences. We also lack pace. 

Dont need one in 4-2-3-1 Im reliably told.

2 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

That’s probably wiped 50% off the season ticket waiting list

We keep this up and it will wipe a load of existing season ticket holders too. 

Scott Monument
3 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

That’s probably wiped 50% off the season ticket waiting list

We don’t have a waiting list it’s a myth 

Get Dick Campbell in to the end of the season lol. 😁😄

There would at least be a game plan and some organisation.

Hope Budge notices we are not very good just now and thinks about getting a serious respected manager in.

periodictabledancer

Looks & smells like the last days of RNs reign.

Players going through the motions, no leadership,  no team spirit (very evident in the first PAOK game).

This is gonna be a long, long season as things stand.

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

We keep this up and it will wipe a load of existing season ticket holders too. 

You know what will happen when the sellick and rangers games along.

The Roseburn will be empty that pair and the media will rub our noses in it.

45 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Too interested in hotels and my god how long before this stand is done and dusted, half of this board need punted

Absolutely!

August Landmesser
Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

Oh no, how terrible 

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Will be , plus huge gaps across the other 3 stands too 

We're lacking leadership in defence and midfield, being done for offside at the goal and failing to break their line once

while  they got through us four or five ttimes  says it all. No one is shouting the odds,  or at least nobody I heard. 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Have either of the incompetents spoken yet?

4517:45

Naismith urges 'bravery' from Hearts

FT: Heart of Midlothian 0-1 Motherwell

Hearts' technical director Steven Naismith tells BBC Scotland: "It's been the same after every European game we've played. We've come into the game at the weekend with lethargic, slow play and given away cheap goals. That's been consistent over these games. We've highlighted it but it's a mentality thing.

"We can't put it down to playing in Europe because that's where we want and expect to be. We work all season to get into Europe. You might not be at peak physical condition, but you need to work out a way to stay in the game and come up with a moment to win it. We've not shown that. We've not done enough to create good chances.

"The last two league games aren't acceptable, to come away with no points, not create many chances and concede sloppy goals. We need to use this time to make sure we're back to where we were at the start - Rosenborg at home, St Johnstone away. We need to play with bravery, we've gone away from that."

Just now, Jambo61 said:

Kents shooting is as deadly as 

1 minute ago, ford donald said:

Absolutely!

Some thing very wrong with the team and the coaching staff.

The players look like they have never played together!!!!

Cruickie's Moustache

Players today with a bit of guts and drive about them.

Kent, Cochrane, Atkinson, Devlin (as always) Vargas.

Players who showed flashes - Lowry and Sibbick when he happily went on a Soutaresque drive through the middle. 

Everyone else - blah!

So for me, Sibbick before Rowles and Natty & Vargas as 1st choice combo on the right.

Kingsley and Cochrane on the left or Cochrane and McKay when he is fit.

Think we need to give Grant a hearing to make a decision one way or the other if he can do a job for us.

It will be a worry if Hearts come out of this saying they played well second half. Motherwell did make some great blocks and tackles. Then Shankland misses a sitter. 

But the whole set up needs a rethink. With or without 3 at the back making a permanent comeback.

31 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We're in a transitional period. What do people expect 🤔 

Haven't you heard, it's the 5 year plan.  Not sure if it's the same one as the one we had 8 years ago.

alicante jambo

Players dont have a clue what they are meant to be doing. We have so much shite in our squad its incredible. Cochrane constant backward passes, harring slow as a snail on the ball, rowles just utter shite,, kingsley no much better than cochrane,halliday,forrest,grant not good enough, atkinson is utter shite first 15 minutes lost the ball 4 times although he was better than most, oda ffs no sure whats happened to him. Pissed off with that shit show so slow and labouros although we did have chances today. Shankland could have had a few shots today but chose to try get it onto his right foot. 

8 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

It was just a shambles from start to finish. Disjointed all over the pitch. 

Motherwell manager Stuart Kettlewell: "You learn a bit about each other. You learn about the character of the person sitting beside you in the dressing room. Everyone took one in the face at some point.

"We work on waves of attack and you could see it paying off, we looked comfortable. Our keeper faced one shot on target. It's a different way of winning a game of football and keeping a clean sheet.

3 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Hearts' technical director Steven Naismith tells BBC Scotland: "It's been the same after every European game we've played. We've come into the game at the weekend with lethargic, slow play and given away cheap goals. That's been consistent over these games. We've highlighted it but it's a mentality thing.

"We can't put it down to playing in Europe because that's where we want and expect to be. We work all season to get into Europe. You might not be at peak physical condition, but you need to work out a way to stay in the game and come up with a moment to win it. We've not shown that. We've not done enough to create good chances.

"The last two league games aren't acceptable, to come away with no points, not create many chances and concede sloppy goals. We need to use this time to make sure we're back to where we were at the start - Rosenborg at home, St Johnstone away. We need to play with bravery, we've gone away from that."

:vrface:

We were largely shite at St Johnstone too. He's a dead man walking. 

2 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Players who showed flashes - Lowry and Sibbick when he happily went on a Soutaresque drive through the middle. 

Everyone else - blah!

So for me, Sibbick before Rowles and Natty & Vargas as 1st choice combo on the right.

Think we need to give Grant a hearing to make a decision one way or the other if he can do a job for us.

I think Vargas was just rested today. He'll be starting mostly.

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Rinse, repeat, rinse. Only finished telling us happy with a squad to do exactly that. 

That was like playing real life football manager where you just put all your strikers on and hope for the best. 

I have no idea what the tactics or plan was mean to be for the second half, especially when they went down to 10 minute.

We were shown up again by a well organised team who all knew the roles they were playing and the game plan. We have no idea it seems this season how to break a team done. The Ross County victory and performance seems like decades ago. 

alicante jambo
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I slate the Aussies all the time as they are shite but **** me how ineffective is Cochrane. Brutal.

Said it for ages about him. Gets a free pass from the fans as he plays decent every now and again. Fecking brutal again today. First half jumps up for a header in our box his hand higher than his head. Every pass backwards. 

Fortunately by all accounts I was lucky to miss that today. No surprise really. I was never in favour of Naismith getting the job. The coach/ technical director bollocks has made it all worse. The whole management structure should have gone with Neilson and an experience manager McInnes, Robinson) appointed. At the moment it's a shitshow. Little real quality. Kent, Vargas, Shankland maybe. Lack of a ball playing box to box midfielder is obvious. Something needs done now before we're in freefall. 

Just now, alicante jambo said:

Said it for ages about him. Gets a free pass from the fans as he plays decent every now and again. Fecking brutal again today. First half jumps up for a header in our box his hand higher than his head. Every pass backwards. 

Including corners he must have delivered 20 balls into the box today. Zero goals.

alicante jambo
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Including corners he must have delivered 20 balls into the box today. Zero goals.

He floats the ball in no pace feck all. Hes another i would get rid of with a few more.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I slate the Aussies all the time as they are shite but **** me how ineffective is Cochrane. Brutal.

Cochrane is the slowest in the squad and that's saying something.

4 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Everyone else - blah!

Thought Cochrane was pretty hesitant to get forward first half. Sibbicks introduction and playing 3 at the back got both Cochrane and Atkinson up the park a bit 2nd half, to better effect. I'm afraid I thought the game passed Devlin by and Haring was anonymous mostly too. Agree that Grant needs some games. We are crying out for somebody that can make a forward pass in there. Both Vargas and Sibbick deserve starts. The dreaded back 3 may actually be worth trying, now that we have Kent who could be the dominant CB in the middle. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Australis said:

Get Dick Campbell in to the end of the season lol. 😁😄

There would at least be a game plan and some organisation.

Hope Budge notices we are not very good just now and thinks about getting a serious respected manager in.

The first paragraph is as absurd as the 2nd, she hasnt got a clue about hiring anyone never mind a serious respected manager. 

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Correction - Motherwell’s goal came from a Cochrane ball into the box

A performance devoid of energy, intensity, anticipation and quality. 

I’ve kept a lid on it but if we are going back to Haring and Boyce then that tells you Hearts progression is stalling. 

And the management take Devlin off?  

Total blind spot with midfield and

its becoming a massive irritation. The managements head are somewhere else, maybe a different planet, with continually playing players in positions they aren’t strong or failure to see what type of player complements another. 

Lowry out wide who has no pace?