• Pasquale for King

• neilnunb

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Quaresma

Porto miss again, both saved to 'keeper's left

Luckies1874

1/4 finals are looking pretty sexy this season....

Man City 

Arsenal

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Bayern Munich

PSG

And on of Dortmund/PSV and Atletico Madrid/Inter Milan.

Liverpool will be delighted that Arsenal and City have at least 2 more tough fixtures each to come. Would probably be even more delighted if they played each other. 

Ricardo Quaresma

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Luckies1874
Arsenal v Bayern Munich 

Atletico Madrid v Dortmund 

Real Madrid v Man City 

PSG v Barcelona 

Atletico Madrid / Dortmund v PSG / Barcelona 

Arsenal / Bayern Munich v Real Madrid / Man City 

Top 4 in the betting all in 2nd half of the draw. Despite that Man City be happy as means they would have both 2nd legs at home. Suspect Liverpool also pleased with this draw from an EPL perspective.

ArcticJambo

Atleti to prevail in top half

Bottom half, absolutely no idea whatsoever!

The Europa League will be where it's at this year. :thumbsup:

Would love to see Arsenal beat Bayern. Not sure city would fancy an all English semi. 

Luckies1874
Arsenal v Bayern Munich 

Real Madrid v Man City 

PSG v Barcelona 

My prediction is a Barcelona v Man City final with the latter winning back to back Champions Leagues. Be Pep's 2nd Wembley win after Barca beat Man Utd there back in 2010-11.
Edited by Luckies1874

John Findlay

Sky sports saying there will be no Bayern fans at the emirates.

Screenshot_20240315-120536~2.png

milky_26
26 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:
Arsenal v Bayern Munich 

Real Madrid v Man City 

PSG v Barcelona 

My prediction is a Barcelona v Man City final with the latter winning back to back Champions Leagues. Be Pep's 2nd Wembley win after Barca beat Man Utd there back in 2010-11.

the only thing i disagree with you on is i think atletico madrid will beat barcelona in the semi

Luckies1874
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the only thing i disagree with you on is i think atletico madrid will beat barcelona in the semi

Possibly yep. Just think the way Barca played in the 2 Napoli matches they are the better team when it matters but then Atletico do have a special ability to turn up in the Champions League. Also like that they have both 2nd legs at home. The bookies actually have PSG as slight favourites against Barca though having been at a couple of their matches recently I'm not sure I go along with that as they are seriously open at the back at times. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Luckies1874
AC Milan v Roma 

Liverpool v Atalanta 

Leverkusen v West Ham 

Benfica v Marseille 

Benfica / Marseille v Liverpool / Atalanta 

AC Milan / Roma v Leverkusen / West Ham 

Liverpool big favs top half but a Final in Dublin against any of bottom 4 will be some occasion given the different storylines - they’ve won European Cup / Champions League finals against both the Italians, Alonso linked with taking over from Klopp and of course West Ham would be wild.

ArcticJambo
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

12s on Atleti outright, gone with that! And it will even better when they do it exacting revenge for 2016.

Luckies1874
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

PSG dark horses. 

Was at their home game v Sociedad and a couple of domestic matches recently. Just can't see them beat 3 top sides mate. On any given day of course with the talent and for me best player in the world available to them then yes, it can click, and they can beat anyone but they will have to seriously ride their luck against top teams when it comes to not conceding. Defensively they can be all over the place. For me it's a huge stretch that they would beat Man City at Wembley even if they get through Barca and then likely the nous of Simeone. 

Seaside Dave

Beat bayern 

Beat Madrid 

Beat Barcelona 

The best way to win a champions league 

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Beat bayern 

Beat Madrid 

Beat Barcelona 

The best way to win a champions league 

You think this Madrid side beat City? Can’t see it at all. 5-1 on agg last year and don’t think much has changed. 

Malinga the Swinga
43 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

You think this Madrid side beat City? Can’t see it at all. 5-1 on agg last year and don’t think much has changed. 

Bellingham has changed Madrid and City weaker than last year

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Bellingham has changed Madrid and City weaker than last year

We’ll see. Might be closer than 5-1 but I think City are still a significantly better side than Madrid. Also believe they have been slowly going through the gears and will produce their best when it matters. Bellingham has been a good addition but defensively they were all over the place against Leipzig and City will destroy them (again) if they play in a similar way. 

RustyRightPeg
22 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

We’ll see. Might be closer than 5-1 but I think City are still a significantly better side than Madrid. Also believe they have been slowly going through the gears and will produce their best when it matters. Bellingham has been a good addition but defensively they were all over the place against Leipzig and City will destroy them (again) if they play in a similar way. 

Madrid had a lot of injuries this season. Courtois and Militao due back after the international break - two game changers.

They're the litmus test of the UCL though, if City beat them again you'd need to favor them to win the whole thing.

Luckies1874
14 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Madrid had a lot of injuries this season. Courtois and Militao due back after the international break - two game changers.

They're the litmus test of the UCL though, if City beat them again you'd need to favor them to win the whole thing.

Would agree they make them stronger but would also point out they both played when City beat them 4-0 at the Etihad last season. 

milky_26
18 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

lunin has been great in goal, i doubt he would get dropped when courtois is back

Seaside Dave
5 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Wasn't even thinking of that tbh. Just think of how massive Madrid are compared to city tbh 

VALDOS'
8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

PSG dark horses. 

I was thinking this, mainly as now they would have a one off game against one of the favourites if they managed to get to the final, rather than a two legged affair.

Also think the draw overall is great for the competition 

Mikey1874
On 15/03/2024 at 14:11, Luckies1874 said:

How long does it take to build a team with youngsters?

Vinicius Junior can change any game. Before they have to accommodate Mbappe in same position. They have Valverde (3 assists today), Camavinga, Rodrygo, Tchouameni who verge on being world combined with the inconsistency of youth. 

2 or 3 years time could be the best ever Real Madrid side but currently can certainly turn it on. 

Luckies1874
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

How long does it take to build a team with youngsters?

Vinicius Junior can change any game. Before they have to accommodate Mbappe in same position. They have Valverde (3 assists today), Camavinga, Rodrygo, Tchouameni who verge on being world combined with the inconsistency of youth. 

2 or 3 years time could be the best ever Real Madrid side but currently can certainly turn it on. 

I agree with you. I think by next season and with the addition of Mbappe, Davies and probably a top midfielder to replace Kroos / Modric they are going to be very difficult to beat. Which is why I'm all aboard City repeating this season too. Pep isn't daft and will know the is a huge opportunity before Real are a true powerhouse again. 

ArcticJambo

Madrid are quite happy to let the opposition play, and that will be the case even moreso next season with the addition of even more pace in Mbappe and Davies.  They will need a couple of ballers though, Isco types but from where I don't know.  Maybe that wee lad, Diaz might come onto being a fixture, though he's quite young still I believe, and probably not a CM, playmaker when I think about it.

Anyway, if Madrid's defence can hold I think they match up well vs City, in transition.

hmfcbilly
On 15/03/2024 at 12:24, ArcticJambo said:

12s on Atleti outright, gone with that! And it will even better when they do it exacting revenge for 2016.

Got them at 33/1 start of the season so stuck a fiver e/w on. Hoping they finally win it as so close couple of times 

ArcticJambo
59 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Got them at 33/1 start of the season so stuck a fiver e/w on. Hoping they finally win it as so close couple of times 

Nice, lets hope they do it. :thumbsup:  Would be happy for Simeone to win it, while I don't particualrly care for his underlying style, you have to respect him for his enduring belief in it.

Tommy Brown
On 13/12/2023 at 22:06, Mikey1874 said:

Just the €43 million to Celtic for 2023/24 Champions League. 

Sickening.

Get the breakaway league started ASAP.

All these clubs can disappear up their own arseholes.

Luckies1874
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Sickening.

Get the breakaway league started ASAP.

All these clubs can disappear up their own arseholes.

The Old Firm aren't going to be getting the opportunity of Champions League money. Will also mean they are jointly likely to help the co-efficient more playing in the more appropriate Europa League. Win win for us!

Hmfc1965
4 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Nice, lets hope they do it. :thumbsup:  Would be happy for Simeone to win it, while I don't particualrly care for his underlying style, you have to respect him for his enduring belief in it.

I'd like to want Athletico to win but they remind me of Airdrie in the 1980s.

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I'd like to want Athletico to win but they remind me of Airdrie in the 1980s.

:lol: aye, all elbows and lraving the boot in. 

Luckies1874
On 15/03/2024 at 12:13, milky_26 said:

Current score in La Liga....

Atletico Madrid 0

Barcelona 3

Appreciate any Champs Lg Semi-final would be a completely different situation over 2 legs but Barca have been turning up for big games more regularly recently. This is why I see them beating PSG in this next round as they are more solid. 

Edited by Luckies1874

hmfcbilly
22 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

I watch them a lot and, he's actually changed his style quite a bit the past season or so. Definitely more open and attack minded, hence the amount of goals they now concede, including 3 to barca last night. They didn't start with their strongest team though last night. I'm not sure why, but griezmann and koke were both on the bench. 2 players who'd be on the team sheet first. May be combination of tiredneness from the inter game, I'm not sure. Griezmann is just back from injury though too. Barca seem to be finding form at the right time so they'll more than likely be favourites to beat PSG and the winner of dortmund/Atletico

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, hmfcbilly said:

I watch them a lot and, he's actually changed his style quite a bit the past season or so. Definitely more open and attack minded, hence the amount of goals they now concede, including 3 to barca last night. They didn't start with their strongest team though last night. I'm not sure why, but griezmann and koke were both on the bench. 2 players who'd be on the team sheet first. May be combination of tiredneness from the inter game, I'm not sure. Griezmann is just back from injury though too. Barca seem to be finding form at the right time so they'll more than likely be favourites to beat PSG and the winner of dortmund/Atletico

Yes, a long season, as you say, man management most likely cse. Unfortunately they've got Athletic to vie for that 4th spot this year so there's no real respite. Of course I wouldn't rule out the mind games either, they seem to be a different beast when that Tue/Wed night music plays raising it to another level. Wouldn't mind getting along to the Metroplitano one day though I suspect it won't live up to the old Calderon. 

Simeone, you;ve got two guys in Edinburgh pinning their summer holidays on you san, do us proud! :D

Luckies1874
On 15/03/2024 at 14:34, RustyRightPeg said:

• 3 weeks later...

Come on Madrid and Munich!

Bellingham and Kane could be crucial in these games.

BigAlim

Really can’t decide which game to watch here

jr ewing
4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Really can’t decide which game to watch here

Arsenal maybe 🤔