Champions League 2023/24

The Ultimate Worrier

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

How they wish Willie Collum was the referee. We will never hear the end of the non award of the penalty at the end there 

For me it wasn't a penalty. Nowhere near one.

According to Mr Hartson, it was a clear penalty. They are that used to getting their own way on each and every call that they can't accept a fair decision.

Tough luck you Celtic *****, you got what you deserved 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• neilnunb

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

joondalupjambo

It is just going to get better.

Rodgers will want better players signed, more expensive ones who can compete at CL level, ones with previous experience at that level.

He thinks he was promised that when he came back.

Guess what will happen?

The Celtic Board will say no.

Then it will be popcorn time.

19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Celtic now the first British team to go 15 games in a row in Europe without a win apparently. 

Nice. 

Just read this on Twitter. 

First British side to not win a European match in 15 games.

Haven’t won a European knockout round in 20 years.

First Scottish team to get knocked out of THREE European competitions in the same  season.

Haven’t won a Champions League home game in ten years.

Brendan Rodgers is statistically the WORST manager to manage in the Champions League: 23 games, two wins and 15 losses.

24 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Celtic now the first British team to go 15 games in a row in Europe without a win apparently. 

Nice. 

That lassie on TNT Sports was trying hard not to laugh as she read that stat out to Neil Lennon. 🤣

16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

That lassie on TNT Sports was trying hard not to laugh as she read that stat out to Neil Lennon. 🤣

She didn't fawn over Celtic and Lennon unlike our lot on Sportscene and Viaplay.

42 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Just read this on Twitter. 

First British side to not win a European match in 15 games.

Haven’t won a European knockout round in 20 years.

First Scottish team to get knocked out of THREE European competitions in the same  season.

Haven’t won a Champions League home game in ten years.

Brendan Rodgers is statistically the WORST manager to manage in the Champions League: 23 games, two wins and 15 losses.

But....but.....but the financial gulf ..... blah...blah...blah... its not fair ....blah...blah ....blah.....

#prayforbrendan

1 hour ago, RoiK said:

Worse than that, he actually threw himself into a swallow dive. Obviously been watching videos of Cantwell.

I actually think if that was a Scottish ref of Var team they would have overturned the 2nd goal and claimed Scales waa fouled. 

Oh's dive waa embarrassing 

It has to be said PSG are an extremely poor side now, they never quite got where they wanted to be, but my god they haven't half taken a tumble since.

Ref in the PSG Newcastle game has huge set of balls. Well done sir! if that had been one of ours refereeing the uglies they would have definitely given a pen for the Gordon one. I didn't think it was but no way that's not given in corrupt Scotland. 

17 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

It has to be said PSG are an extremely poor side now, they never quite got where they wanted to be, but my god they haven't half taken a tumble since.

Newcastle have done well but they’ve been helped by PSG being shambolic. 

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

41 minutes in, and credit to Celtic they have more than held their own. For me this is a game between the two worst teams in the group.

Lazio about to qualify for last 16.

21 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Newcastle have done well but they’ve been helped by PSG being shambolic. 

Was at the PSG v Bayern last 16 game in February and said on the Champs League thread on here that they needed a complete rebuild. Was slated by a few who disputed that because of Messi, Neymar and Mbappe but for the top sides they weren't an issue as they could isolate them and the former pair just strolled about when they were out of possession so it was like being players down. You can't get away with that against the likes of Bayern!  They still have a very average in midfield at this level and they are in real jeopardy in this group now. 

I've attended a couple of Ligue 1 games since then and they've started to go down a different route, introducing some younger players - the depth in France unbelievable in youth football, throughout the country and they have some of the best but it will interesting to see their signing policy over the next year or two as they move away from signing past their best foreigners. 

What is that complete balloon commentating on TNT on about, the EPL refs and VAR teams have been nothing short of shambolic this season, he's talking like they're the mecca of ****ing officiating!!

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Oh,shame for Newcastle as PSG grab deserved equaliser.

They were all over them but thats never a penalty in a million years.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

They were all over them but thats never a penalty in a million years.

The daft thing is he's turned down stronger claims earlier.

Montgomery Brewster
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Lovely. And AC beat and the popes 11 out. Cracking results 

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

But....but.....but the financial gulf ..... blah...blah...blah... its not fair ....blah...blah ....blah.....

#prayforbrendan

Screenshot_20230308_204519_Samsung Internet.jpg

41 minutes ago, mikey51 said:

Ref in the PSG Newcastle game has huge set of balls. Well done sir! if that had been one of ours refereeing the uglies they would have definitely given a pen for the Gordon one. I didn't think it was but no way that's not given in corrupt Scotland. 

It was looking that way for a long time but the incessant pressure the PSG players were putting him under eventually worked!  Bottled it big time. 

15 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I suspect he enjoyed the second half.

:qqb006:

17 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

French arseholes. 

28 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

The daft thing is he's turned down stronger claims earlier.

Mccoist said its the worst penalty he has seen this season, obviously not been watching rangers

41 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

It was looking that way for a long time but the incessant pressure the PSG players were putting him under eventually worked!  Bottled it big time. 

Sadly true, I don't even know what the rule is anymore 🤔unnatural position? If it bounces of his chest is it still unnatural. Who the feck knows... except Scottish var of course and if it involves the uglies.

That decision sadly makes our refs look competent.  I remember this ref in Scotland Israel game few years back, absolutely desperate to be centre of attention.  How on earth VAR though sent him to the screen is mind boggling.

14 hours ago, mikey51 said:

Sadly true, I don't even know what the rule is anymore 🤔unnatural position? If it bounces of his chest is it still unnatural. Who the feck knows... except Scottish var of course and if it involves the uglies.

Needs a pre season training session for referees.
A set of 100 repetitions the ball is fired at them from 2m and every time the ball brushes their arm they have to pay a penalty.
Their penalty is to state into the camera "I am a West Coast ref and I support the West Coast teams"

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The lad has taken his game to the next level in the past 18 months. His Scotland performances have ensured more game time at Utd and the confidence gained through playing so well for Scotland has made him an essential part of the Man Utd team.

2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Onana is some boy :rofl:

2 silly fouls by Fernandes for both free kicks.

But keeper at fault both times.

Edited by Mikey1874