Well Done Rangers

McGlynn The Money

34 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

To be honest mate, with the state of our midfield and how weak it is right now, I had us down for a bit of a pasting tonight and have based my feelings on that alone, I'll be absolutely (but pleasantly) shocked, if we somehow fluke our way through to the group stages, and then I'll shout on the sheep :) 

I know . I have nothing to base my optimism on than Devlin and Shanks performances vs Rosenborg :lol: 

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Really embarrassing for Rangers and Scottish Football. If I were a Hun, I'd be wanting Beale punted. 

Wee Lee is available...

buzzbomb1958
19 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Half of that is bullshit are they trying to say that they spent 6.5 million on Dandildo and he’s one of the lowest paid there, I smell shit

50 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Certainly could be the case. I know that we’ll continue to improve with the players we have just now. I just wonder of there I’d a bit of a problem inside Rangers just now. Speaking to one of their season ticket holders last week who reckons that a few of the old guard don’t like Beale. That would not surprise me. I still don’t really think that they are actually any better than last season - and despite my loathing for him, I actually think that they’ll miss Morelos and his goals. A real set back last night for them.  No doubt about that.

You’re right about Morelos, I think. Bit of a problem child for sure, but I think he could play when he put his mind to it.

We’ll see how Beale’s new forwards progress. As you say, not looking like world-beaters at the moment!

I haven’t read/heard anything about how Beale is viewed. He certainly seems to go off-message at times, talking about TRFC’s reduced financial capabilities.

I suspect for Beale it’s ultimately going to be all about how he matches up to Brendan Rodgers.

Celtic’s elimination from the League Cup gives Beale a lifeline I reckon. If he wins the LC, he might just survive a failure to win the title.

Celtic too have brought in new players and I also don’t think they’ve yet got a settled side. The first Glasgow derby will probably be Beale’s best chance to hurt Celtic.

buzzbomb1958
54 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

And they pretty much need CL money to fund it, shame that really :D 

More share issues incoming 

Rangers are spending well out with their means so hopefully a few seasons of not making enough to cover the wage bill through Europe will eventually cause them a few issues 

10 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

That’s certainly how it’s been covered in the past. I don’t know the detail, but I did read somewhere that UEFA’s “fair play” people have a policy opposing that sort of funding. I stand to be corrected on that one!

Alternatively, I did hear a rumour that that nice Mr King was looking for backers to oust the present Ibrox Board. 
No more than a rumour, but I’m guessing the idea is to pump money into the club. Matching Celtic’s financial muscle has become an imperative.

36 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Swiftly filled by another dilution of value of those shares by the majority owners :lol: 

47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Swiftly filled by another dilution of value of those shares by the majority owners :lol: 

Exactly. More share vouchers than a handful of confetti…

It does highlight the opportunity that Hearts had this season to go out, sign some class players, have a proper go at getting into Europe and challenging for honours. 

Celtic will come good but it will take time. They are soft as **** in midfield and upfront. Rangers are a new team as well and they are weak in a lot of areas too as last night highlighted.

It's seasons like this that don't come around too often where neither the OF are as strong as they have been or what they could be. Just takes one team with a bit of ****ing bottle and a board that can see these opportunities. 🤷🏻‍♂️