Well Done Rangers

McGlynn The Money

12 minutes ago, pressgang22 said:

Now now, what about the coefficient?

😄 Only joking. Always great watching them get tanked in Europe. 

Them winning more games in the Europa compared to losing most in champs league will help it.

39 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I fear the same tomorrow night to be honest :sad:

Are Sevco playin again tomorrow ?, oh what a laugh :laugh2:. Is that before or after the Jambos match ?

Edited by whodanny

McGlynn The Money
Just now, whodanny said:

Are Sevco playin again tomorrow, oh what a laugh :laugh2:. Is that before or after the Jambos match ?

:isee:

Watt-Zeefuik

Just going to keep saying this to actualize it.

Aberdeen and Rangers into the EL and they split the TV pot.

Us into the ECL and get the TV pot all to ourselves.

been here before

Folk struggling to understand that while Hearts could get skelped tonight, it in no way stops Der Hun getting a humiliating gubbing from being funny as ****.

:facepalm:

Edited by been here before

19 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

We will win tonight 🇱🇻

You on that skunk again, powerful shit that😅

We could win tonight BUT we could barely lay a glove on Dungdee at the weekend. I am not confident to be honest. If we can avoid a total doing and Hibs take another pounding all will be well.A win would be dream land stuff.

highlandjambo3

85th minute in and the pundits started harping on about rangers limited funds to compete in Europe…….same sh**e every year

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

85th minute in and the pundits started harping on about rangers limited funds to compete in Europe…….same sh**e every year

Was about to post the same. 

How come they never mention the "unfair financial advantage" when the arse cheeks are beating the likes of Livi

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

How come they never mention the "unfair financial advantage" when the arse cheeks are beating the likes of Livi

McCoist actually made some sense last night when he spoke about the OF competing in the champions league……he said forget it, it’s never going to happen and should concentrate on winning in Europe via the lesser competition 

McGlynn The Money
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Brave posting that with tomorrow still to go

How so?

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Folk struggling to understand that while Hearts could get skelped tonight, it in no way stops Der Hun getting a humiliating gubbing from being funny as ****.

Exactly mate.

5 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

that’s tremendous news 👍👍

20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Really embarrassing for Rangers and Scottish Football. If I were a Hun, I'd be wanting Beale punted. 

Only ONE man has the attitude needed to manage Rangers. To never surrender or walk away. Go for it The Rangers, gazump Hibs.

lennonfeargach.png.b642d53a0304e7473680b0fca13991c1.png

9 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

5-1 on the night, 7-3 on aggregate.

GIRFUY!

Get Aberdeen in there with them and splitting the TV cash . We get past PAOK we get all the conference TV cash to ourselves :) 

FerryJambo81

Dutch TV deal worth 200 million a season from 24/25, currently 160 a year. Our TV deal worth £30 million.  

We've sold our soul fur pennies and have no negotiating power, with an absolute cretin in Doncaster giving zero ****s about football, just his pocket.  

Dutch known for technical players, Ajax academy and such like, but these are broadly comparable countries with light years between commercial deals.

McGlynn The Money
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Get Aberdeen in there with them and splitting the TV cash . We get past PAOK we get all the conference TV cash to ourselves :) 

Fingers crossed!

Chillidigits

Mr Goldson's effort goal of the season contender, perfectly weighted strike to make Butlins think he could reach it but was never going to.

55 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

McCoist actually made some sense last night when he spoke about the OF competing in the champions league……he said forget it, it’s never going to happen and should concentrate on winning in Europe via the lesser competition 

Basically the 30 million or so that used to be enough to make them competitive against the genuine top European sides is no longer enough . The old firms little racket was to structure things so they had a duopoly on that money and that would keep them ahead of the rest of us . They did not want a strong competitive domestic league where other clubs could improve and challenge and ultimately improve the attraction of the overall product . The voting structure , the split , the cash distribution , all of it is set up to keep them at the top and every one else poor . Why do you think they are not going daft about the shite TV deals that Doncaster gets us ? Problem for them now is , that 30 million is far from guaranteed and even when they do scoop it , it is no longer enough to make the difference it used to . If they had any vision or desire to see Scottish football improve then they would have used their positions and influence to make the league more exciting and competitive , but they were far happier just scooping the cash for their duopoly instead . A few years of sharing the EL and ECL TV money with us and Aberdeen or who ever and no CL money see their flames reduce some what . They will still be a good whack ahead of us due to number of supporters , but nothing like the insurmountable chasm that existed when they were both scooping 30 million 

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Correct and goal number 5 was a thing of beauty as well. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

And yet in every pre-season they seek to soothe the Ibrox support (and intimidate the rest of us) by running various tales about The Rangers chasing various multi-million pound players and/or being likely to receive similar-sized bids for existing players. 
Presenting the club as a financial Billy big-baws is what it’s all about.

As I read somewhere, “Rangers always win the close-season cup”.

No mention of paying by instalments here.

But I suppose a more forensic examination of the club’s finances is too much to expect.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Basically the 30 million or so that used to be enough to make them competitive against the genuine top European sides is no longer enough . The old firms little racket was to structure things so they had a duopoly on that money and that would keep them ahead of the rest of us . They did not want a strong competitive domestic league where other clubs could improve and challenge and ultimately improve the attraction of the overall product . The voting structure , the split , the cash distribution , all of it is set up to keep them at the top and every one else poor . Why do you think they are not going daft about the shite TV deals that Doncaster gets us ? Problem for them now is , that 30 million is far from guaranteed and even when they do scoop it , it is no longer enough to make the difference it used to . If they had any vision or desire to see Scottish football improve then they would have used their positions and influence to make the league more exciting and competitive , but they were far happier just scooping the cash for their duopoly instead . A few years of sharing the EL and ECL TV money with us and Aberdeen or who ever and no CL money see their flames reduce some what . They will still be a good whack ahead of us due to number of supporters , but nothing like the insurmountable chasm that existed when they were both scooping 30 million 

Good comment 👍

15 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

And yet in every pre-season they seek to soothe the Ibrox support (and intimidate the rest of us) by running various tales about The Rangers chasing various multi-million pound players and/or being likely to receive similar-sized bids for existing players. 
Presenting the club as a financial Billy big-baws is what it’s all about.

As I read somewhere, “Rangers always win the close-season cup”.

No mention of paying by instalments here.

But I suppose a more forensic examination of the club’s finances is too much to expect.

They actually look a far less potent team than they were last season. 

Chillidigits
28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah it's a shame the dosh they scoop up is insufficient to finance their aspirations. It's actually embarrassing for them to be associated with a league as rotten as ours. Perhaps they should put a shade more effort into bu**ering off somewhere else.

The Old Tolbooth
6 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Aberdeen still get £2M more for getting into the EL rather than the Confy League, so I'll be shouting on the Swedes tonight. 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Don't let them peddle that utter myth where PSV are concerned, absolute shysters the lot of them, and they play the victim card better than Celtic fans when they want to! 

No description available.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Aberdeen still get £2M more for getting into the EL rather than the Confy League, so I'll be shouting on the Swedes tonight. 

Don't let them peddle that utter myth where PSV are concerned, absolute shysters the lot of them, and they play the victim card better than Celtic fans when they want to! 

Thanks was just going to mention that the only financial disparity is in Rangers favour, despite the awful tv deal. 
The wage bill is higher too. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Ooft, love thy neighbour...

Celtic will rake in an extra £2.5m from Champions League TV revenue following Rangers' failure to qualify.

34 minutes ago, Deevers said:

They actually look a far less potent team than they were last season. 

Looking at the situation from a purely football perspective, you could argue that like ourselves, they’ve brought in some players who are new to each other and the club.

These European ties can be demanding and  particularly at this early stage in the season when players are still acclimatising. 
I’m certainly hoping that’s what’s happening with ourselves and that the team will grow stronger and more cohesive and the season progresses.

It doesn’t stop me revelling in Rangers’ current discomfort, of course 😊

14 minutes ago, jim747 said:

Ooft, love thy neighbour...

Celtic will rake in an extra £2.5m from Champions League TV revenue following Rangers' failure to qualify.

IMG_0268.jpeg

AlphonseCapone

Us getting pumped 5-1 tonight if that was the sort of scoreline that happened isn't anywhere near as embarrassing as the Rangers result given the respective differences between the two teams in each game.

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I would rather we got all the conference cash to ourselves though . If Aberdeen go in with us we share the TV cash and so we would get less . If Aberdeen go in to the EL groups they likely not make a penny more than what they get for qualifying and take a few dull ones . If we get past the Greeks we could likely get some goals and wins like we did last year and make more money 

12 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Them winning more games in the Europa compared to losing most in champs league will help it.

100%.  Last night was a double whammy of good news.  Always fun seeing them pumped, but also way way better for the coefficient.

Same reason hoping Aberdeen get pumped tonight.

Which is really silly isn't it.  Should be more coefficient points for qualifying for the higher comp, but hey ho as it is, we need the "other" teams in the lower level groups to help us longer term, so thats what I'm hoping for.

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Looking at the situation from a purely football perspective, you could argue that like ourselves, they’ve brought in some players who are new to each other and the club.

These European ties can be demanding and  particularly at this early stage in the season when players are still acclimatising. 
I’m certainly hoping that’s what’s happening with ourselves and that the team will grow stronger and more cohesive and the season progresses.

It doesn’t stop me revelling in Rangers’ current discomfort, of course 😊

Certainly could be the case. I know that we’ll continue to improve with the players we have just now. I just wonder of there I’d a bit of a problem inside Rangers just now. Speaking to one of their season ticket holders last week who reckons that a few of the old guard don’t like Beale. That would not surprise me. I still don’t really think that they are actually any better than last season - and despite my loathing for him, I actually think that they’ll miss Morelos and his goals. A real set back last night for them.  No doubt about that.

Edited by Deevers

buzzbomb1958
5 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Spent a fortune aswell

The wage bill at ibroke is £54 million let that sink in for a moment 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I would rather we got all the conference cash to ourselves though . If Aberdeen go in with us we share the TV cash and so we would get less . If Aberdeen go in to the EL groups they likely not make a penny more than what they get for qualifying and take a few dull ones . If we get past the Greeks we could likely get some goals and wins like we did last year and make more money 

To be honest mate, with the state of our midfield and how weak it is right now, I had us down for a bit of a pasting tonight and have based my feelings on that alone, I'll be absolutely (but pleasantly) shocked, if we somehow fluke our way through to the group stages, and then I'll shout on the sheep :) 

The Old Tolbooth
12 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

And they pretty much need CL money to fund it, shame that really :D 

43 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

100%.  Last night was a double whammy of good news.  Always fun seeing them pumped, but also way way better for the coefficient.

Same reason hoping Aberdeen get pumped tonight.

Which is really silly isn't it.  Should be more coefficient points for qualifying for the higher comp, but hey ho as it is, we need the "other" teams in the lower level groups to help us longer term, so thats what I'm hoping for.

Only if we get put out tonight. Otherwise its aberdeen win all the way.

AC Mallin_51
39 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

It’s okay they’ll just become The The Rangers