• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• jtkb

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

3 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Has he had a set back saying November now! 

Where you seeing this mate?  I think November was always realistic for being back fully playing, wasn't it?  After such a layoff, it could take that long.  Boycie and Beni started back training in April/May...

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Where you seeing this mate?  I think November was always realistic for being back fully playing, wasn't it?  After such a layoff, it could take that long.  Boycie and Beni started back training in April/May...

Maebae I got mixed up I thought I Read September  

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, Jeff said:

He could well be finished with us. One injury after another sadly 

ok dr Jeff was lol.  He had a bad hammy, then quite seperately a knee injury.  

A_A wehatethehibs
34 minutes ago, Jeff said:

We need to do same thing with him as we done with Ginelly.

Josh had a bit part role 2021-22 season we finished 3rd where he’d been previously injured, then last season that grew and got more starts and minutes.  

Halkett should be a planned sub and play more 20-30 min appearances or max 60 min starts. Or even 45 minute starts. Why not? We have 5 subs available. It’s a new era. You can make use of those subs in different ways. 

Build up his strength over time and gradually build back up. 

There seems to be this outdated assumption that you cannot sub CBs they must play 90. It IMO is not the case. It’s no riskier than subbing a full back or CM 

This model worked a treat with Josh Ginelly who looked pretty much bullet proof physically last season after building up. He didn’t just start playing 90 every week immediately after getting back fit 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Pasquale for King

I think he was always going to be later in the year with his size and injury history, no need to rush him back again. 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Maebae I got mixed up I thought I Read September  

That was definitely mentioned, then it was October. May well be nearer Xmas. 

AlphonseCapone

Testament to our recruitment that I'm much less worried about when Halkett returns but obviously looking forward to seeing him back.

Just now, hearts00 said:

Was never coming back before late October at earliest. 

Expect him after the winter break next year. 

Cool mate yes better giving him that Rushing players in the past! 

This is My Story Podcast

Club managing him sensibly this time. Good to see. He was rushed back too quickly after both his injuries last season out of necessity. We have cover there now and we know how vital he is to our side so glad the sensible approach is being taken. We have missed him massively. 

Looking forward to getting him back but the one consolation is that rowles is looking much more comfortable with Kent alongside him, talking him through the game 

So, there isn't any massive urgency to rush Halkett back and risk any further relapse 

If it's another month, past his expected comeback date, it's another month 

It's more important that when he comes back he stays injury free rather than the time factor. 

Gene Parmesan

Quote direct from Halkett: 

"I’m pretty much on track, when players suffer an ACL injury it’s a nine month standard timescale before you can return and I’m bang on with that recommendation for that."

Great thread 👏

Seems a bit of a misleading article/comment on BBC gossip. In the article he states he is still on track and planning to start kicking a ball next week. He mentioned he has hopefully played a few games before matchday 4 of the Conference league (early November). Seems he will be back in full training September time, playing games in October and back up to Speed November. 

JamboJoker98

At the June plot ceremony Savage said late October which I took to mean November pretty much. Kept reading on here September but I don't know what the source was for that.

1 minute ago, JamboJoker98 said:

At the June plot ceremony Savage said late October which I took to mean November pretty much. Kept reading on here September but I don't know what the source was for that.

Probably a mixture of misinterpretations depending on what the question was and the answer.

Back at training, running jumping etc.

Back in training, with some ball play and light contract.

Back in full training, full contact first team sessions.

Back playing, bounce game or reserve match etc.

Back available for first team selection.

Getting anything like their best was always going to be a bonus from him, Beningame, Gordon and Boyce. 

Signs have been mixed so far with the 2 who have played with Boyce looking fit and decent in his cameos but Beni struggling badly and sidelined since. Halkett has huge question marks hanging over him currently. Obviously it is an entirely different scenario given age and stage of a magnificent career for big Craigie. 

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Club managing him sensibly this time. Good to see. He was rushed back too quickly after both his injuries last season out of necessity. We have cover there now and we know how vital he is to our side so glad the sensible approach is being taken. We have missed him massively. 

I don’t think ot was necessary at all, we beat RFS easily after he went off and were on a decent run after the WC. 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, JamboJoker98 said:

Halkett was the source. 
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-halkett-reveals-when-hearts-fans-are-likely-to-see-him-back-in-action-4201043

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Ah ever the optimist Jeff 🤣 But yeh worried the amount of injurys he has had now going to take its toll at his age hope not love Halks been a great player for us.

Edited by jtkb

7 minutes ago, jtkb said:

Ah ever the optimist Jeff 🤣 But yeh worried the amount of injurys he has had now going to take its toll at his age hope not love Halks been a great player for us.

Just used to disappointment 😫

23 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Just used to disappointment 😫

Jeff do you need a hug ?🫂 😆

Edited by jtkb

RustyRightPeg

Riga away was a disgrace. He looked weeks away from being able to play. 

No rush for him which is the encouraging thing, as good as he is…we haven’t yet looked like we’re missing him this season. Kent looks every bit as good (dare I say an upgrade?).

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Riga away was a disgrace. He looked weeks away from being able to play. 

No rush for him which is the encouraging thing, as good as he is…we haven’t yet looked like we’re missing him this season. Kent looks every bit as good (dare I say an upgrade?).

A fit Halks and Kent oooft Thou shalt not  pass.🤗

LochcarronJambo
12 minutes ago, jtkb said:

A fit Halks and Kent oooft Thou shalt not  pass.🤗

& Offiah looks promising too 👍

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Testament to our recruitment that I'm much less worried about when Halkett returns but obviously looking forward to seeing him back.

Absolutely, Frankie has looked brilliant so far, been very very impressed.  A costly mistake will come - he's a CH - and be interesting to see how he handles it, but I get the impression he'll shrug it off.

Rowles looks better, Natty has more protection, I'd even say Zander has been more assured other than one duff punch I can think of.

2 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Oh and PS, good point - we have Offiah now too.  Wonder what he's like in the air - know the boy is an athlete and can play, be interested to see how aggressive he is

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think he was always going to be later in the year with his size and injury history, no need to rush him back again. 

His size??? His arse was huge when he walked round the pitch after rosenborg. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think we should be keeping Sibbick at the club right now to cover for injuries until Halks is back. Then if Toby wants to move on that can happen in January. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

His size??? His arse was huge when he walked round the pitch after rosenborg. 

I was being nice 😆

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I think we should be keeping Sibbick at the club right now to cover for injuries until Halks is back. Then if Toby wants to move on that can happen in January. 

Definitely 

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

100%, even to suggest moving on any of our defenders at this stage of the season with no one really knowing if and when Halkett may or may not return is quite frankly madness.

TBH i would not be surprised if we will be looking to bring in another centre back in the January window

Edited by jbee647

Originally the talk was ‘hopefully October’. I think a bit of wishful thinking brought that forward to September. As Halks says, players are usually out for 9 months. Beni was unusually long.

6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Absolutely, Frankie has looked brilliant so far, been very very impressed.  A costly mistake will come - he's a CH - and be interesting to see how he handles it, but I get the impression he'll shrug it off.

Rowles looks better, Natty has more protection, I'd even say Zander has been more assured other than one duff punch I can think of.

You could argue one already has in terms of giving away the free kick Rosenborg scored from. 

He and the team dug in though. 

I think he’ll handle others just fine. 

Will Halkett aver be able to make a return to playing solid first team football for Hearts... seems unlikely really lasted 20 mins last time out, but we have to hope because he has been a good player for us when fit.

heartsfc_fan

Makes me realise why we got Offiah in.

Kent, Rowles, Sibbick, Offiah and Kingsley can cover the central defender positions so we're fine.

I do hope we see Halkett in a Hearts jersey again but the longer this goes on the more I fear we won't.

10 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Yup early days, but when CH is back & with Kent we will be looking pretty solid