*** Heart Of Midlothian Vs PAOK *** Official Match Thread

Masonic

Bazzas right boot

How did " **** the SNP " work it's way Into to a Hearts v Paok match day thread.

****ing bonkers. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daavojaay

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Clark Griswold

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Some of these Greeks are about as Greek as haggis. That’s if they’re not the same person. 

Indeed, although their English is a tad better than you would expect from Lochend.  

professionalman

You know what Hearts still have an outside chance in this tie.  PAOK were definitely nothing special.  Attack them and they are snowflakes.  The problem last night was McKay he was either playing injured or hasn't a footballing brain.  Great atmosphere by the way last night.  

LarrysRightFoot

My thoughts on last night - 

We can definitely take heart the performance and we look to be improving all the time.

Very disappointing outcome, however, given we were not outplayed and it was a fairly even game. 

My main gripes are we didn’t have enough efforts on goal. Out with the goal/penalty the only efforts I can’t remember (on target efforts anyway) were the stramash in the first half which ended with Boyce’s effort being blocked and Shankland’s ultimately offside goal.

We didn’t cross enough in open play either which is disappointing as they were really struggling in the air against us.

I said to the guy next to me about a minute before that we aren’t getting McKay in the game 2nd half at all. He obviously felt that as well as he then went on the run that he injured himself on. 

I’d like to have seen Tagawa on for McKay as a natural left footer using his pace as I think they would really have struggled with him running at them. I like Lowry but he’s not a wide midfielder - he’s not matured into any position as yet.

Cochrane in midfield didn’t work for me. We may have been better with him at LB and Kingsley in midfield as it would have given us more composure and guile in there.  Either that or  Toby should’ve started for his athleticism. 

Really like the look of Vargas. When he’s settled in and fully comfortable in his surroundings he will terrorise Scottish defences with his pace and tenacity. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, professionalman said:

You know what Hearts still have an outside chance in this tie.  PAOK were definitely nothing special.  Attack them and they are snowflakes.  The problem last night was McKay he was either playing injured or hasn't a footballing brain.  Great atmosphere by the way last night.  

One CB is nothing more than OK but the other looked flaky under pressure and defensively they looked vulnerable but we couldn't create enough (sustained) pressure against them. 

It def looked to me like McKay wasn't fit from the start and he looked pist off for the entire time he was on the pitch last night (which I mentioned earlier). It didn't look to me as though Hearts ever really thought they could win : a noticeable lack of energy , spirit and a timid approach tp pressing them.

12 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

My thoughts on last night - 

We can definitely take heart the performance and we look to be improving all the time.

Very disappointing outcome, however, given we were not outplayed and it was a fairly even game. 

My main gripes are we didn’t have enough efforts on goal. Out with the goal/penalty the only efforts I can’t remember (on target efforts anyway) were the stramash in the first half which ended with Boyce’s effort being blocked and Shankland’s ultimately offside goal.

We didn’t cross enough in open play either which is disappointing as they were really struggling in the air against us.

I said to the guy next to me about a minute before that we aren’t getting McKay in the game 2nd half at all. He obviously felt that as well as he then went on the run that he injured himself on. 

I’d like to have seen Tagawa on for McKay as a natural left footer using his pace as I think they would really have struggled with him running at them. I like Lowry but he’s not a wide midfielder - he’s not matured into any position as yet.

Cochrane in midfield didn’t work for me. We may have been better with him at LB and Kingsley in midfield as it would have given us more composure and guile in there.  Either that or  Toby should’ve started for his athleticism. 

Really like the look of Vargas. When he’s settled in and fully comfortable in his surroundings he will terrorise Scottish defences with his pace and tenacity. 

Pretty much how I saw it here in Arizona LRF.  Going forward, I'll be interested to see how Oda and Vargas fit into the same team.

Hopefully, Nieuwenhof will get up to speed soon and fill that attacking midfield gap. 

2 hours ago, A_Greek said:

''The penalty and the long range strike and that was it.'' I dont think so. Yesterday Clark had at least 4 good saves: 27', 54', '74', 77'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aon5xkhw3Sc&ab_channel=Novasports.gr 

1 hour ago, FetaEnjoyer said:

Every side has a different view on it mate.In Greece people talk about Hearts like a team with no technical skill,just long balls and trying to injure players with some unprofessional tackling.Booing Koulierakis even though the young lad was bleeding on the pitch further reinforces that stereotype.

For a "small club" that was missing a ton of starters and was playing with only one healthy midfielder I am happy with the result.

Gents. With all due respect your wage budgets and rich owner subsidising much higher transfer fees also is a deriding factor. 

You will probably get the impression that a good few folks, Inc me, on here, are not really into giving it the "oh, we played as well as we can and we were beaten by a much much better side" few reasons for that 

I think most of us still think it was a bit of a missed opportunity. You probably won't know this but we are literally a team in transition .. signed a lot of new players in the transfer window (late on I might add) a new management team who have just played near 15 competitive games and are trying to implement a completely new style into the bargain. 

We played Fiorentina last year as an example and they were streets ahead of you guys. We didn't cope at all well with them but there wasn't one of us that didn't recognise they were far far superior to us on the night and had to applaud, although we could have probably gave it more of a fight than we did 

Overriding feeling of disappointment. I thought we could have played fiorentina 5 times over and knew in advance we would have most probably been thumped each time. You guys, nope, sorry,  but not the case. We played a left wing back in the centre of the midfield and he was getting caught on the ball multiple times and we had nothing in behind apart from our CB's. 

The one thing you had in abundance up top was pace and that hurt us. Our game management wasn't good enough on the night either. We just needed to be a little bit smarter but we weren't and that's that. 

I'm not saying you aren't a better side than us but could we play you again on our turf and beat you. Absolutely sure we could and we would. 

Next week we gotta come out. Your stadium and fans intimidating to say the least. You have the pace ... We could be caught out, for sure .. that could happen. Thing is there is no confusion for us now. We have to go there and score. Tough time, absolutely but impossible for us ? Nah, far from it. 

As for the young boy ...he wasn't getting booed because he was bleeding. He was getting booed because of the theatrics and moaning at the ref constantly and getting angry. It wasn't a malicious challenge. Our player caught him with his hand but was trying to head the ball at the time. It happens 

Your players were giving it as good as they got. Your boy Brandon made about 4 or 5 successive fouls and was getting away with it time and time again. You weren't playing any less physical than us, that's for sure 

Anyway, spiel over. Just thought I would add my tuppence worth there. 

Edited by Hearts1975

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Gents. With all due respect your wage budgets and rich owner subsidising much higher transfer fees also is a deriding factor. 

You will probably get the impression that a good few folks, Inc me, on here, are not really into giving it the "oh, we played as well as we can and we were beaten by a much much better side" few reasons for that 

I think most of us still think it was a bit of a missed opportunity. You probably won't know this but we are literally a team in transition .. signed a lot of new players in the transfer window (late on I might add) a new management team who have just played near 15 comp games and are trying to implement a completely new style into the bargain. 

We played Fiorentina last year as an example and they were streets ahead of you guys. We didn't cope at all well with them but there wasn't one of us that didn't recognise they were far far superior to us on the night and had to applaud, although we could have probably gave it more of a fight than we did 

Overriding feeling of disappointment. I thought we could have played fiorentina 5 times over and knew in advance we would have most probably been thumped each time. You guys, nope, sorry,  but not the case. We played a left wing back in the centre of the midfield and he was getting caught on the ball multiple times and we had nothing in behind apart from our CB's. 

The one thing you had in abundance up top was pace and that hurt us. Our game management wasn't good enough on the night either. We just needed to be a little bit smarter but we weren't and that's that. 

I'm not saying you aren't a better side than us but could we play you again on our turf and beat you. Absolutely sure we could and we would. 

Next week we gotta come out. Your stadium and fans intimidating to say the least. You have the pace ... We could be caught out, for sure .. that could happen. Thing is there is no confusion for us now. We have to go there and score. Tough time, absolutely but impossible for us ? Nah, far from it. 

As for the young boy ...he wasn't getting booed because he was bleeding. He was getting booed because of the theatrics and moaning at the ref constantly and getting angry. It wasn't a malicious challenge. Our player caught him with his hand but was trying to head the ball at the time. It happens 

Your players were giving it as good as they got. Your boy Brandon made about 4 or 5 successive fouls and was getting away with it time and time again. You weren't playing any less physical than us, that's for sure 

Anyway, spiel over. Just thought I would add my tuppence worth there. 

I have a bit of a feeling that they / he may have more idea of the budget at Fester (or should I say Feta?).

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I have a bit of a feeling that they / he may have more idea of the budget at Fester (or should I say Feta?).

Tbh I never even thought that. I saw a few of them had been on the thread earlier and just thought it was another few came in for a wee gloat. 

If they are PAOK lads then my point stands in the nicest possible way 

If they are VERMIN they can go f...each other and then finger each other sisters who are both wearing Villa tops 

FTH 

36 minutes ago, professionalman said:

One thing mckay has is a football brain, some of our other players?

Every side has a different view on it mate.In Greece people talk about Hearts like a team with no technical skill,just long balls and trying to injure players with some unprofessional tackling.Booing Koulierakis even though the young lad was bleeding on the pitch further reinforces that stereotype.

For a "small club" that was missing a ton of starters and was playing with only one healthy midfielder I am happy with the result.

Scots fans detest diving cheats that's why he was getting booed - your team put in just as many hard tackles and you spent most of the evening launching the ball up the park when your time wasting goalie could be bothered.

The booing was because yer boy went down like he'd broke his back, got up, went back down then started to roll about like a *****.  Further reinforcing the stereotype that Greek football if full of sleekit cheating *****

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think the main thing for me is that you can see how these games have improved and matured us as a side . I thought for quite a lot of last seasons European games we looked like we did not believe we belonged there . I think this season we look like we are just another team in the European qualifiers with no inferiority complex 

Totally agree with this. In the groups last year there was no question that Istanbul and Fiorentina were on a different level yet, the home games for me just left a sick type of feeling. Like we had missed a massive opportunity to just at least have a go ... And if we were then beaten soundly it would have been kinda easier in a way to accept 

This is a different feeling entirely. We got half of it where the players had a go and the fear was gone. Alright, we weren't brilliant but there were no shackles on us. We had a right go. 

The disappointment stems from the fact that on another night, we could have won that game and if we had been a bit smarter and maybe sorted a few of the deficiencies earlier, like Cochrane in the middle, it could have been different. 

When Sibbick came on and replaced Cochrane it was like he had played there all night. Not blaming Cochrane but CM isn't his position and everyone knows that. 

Maybe it was the RBK game as well and what happened last week. You get a taste for it, a really special night and it's that disappointment coupled with the fact that we could have made it happen again 

On the plus side I can see us getting better and better as the season goes on.  

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Some of these Greeks are about as Greek as haggis. That’s if they’re not the same person. 

Fetaenjoyer made me laugh and I bet the hibs !@#£ was laughing too when he came up with the name.

9 hours ago, Homme said:

Result aside, mini Homme had an amazing night being a mascot. Proper dreams come true stuff. Hearts were great with them all!

You'll likely get some super photos from the official photographer, but, for what it's worth, here are some from the main stand:-

Screenshot_20230825_172233_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172241_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172250_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172257_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172303_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172314_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172320_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172333_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172339_Gallery.jpg

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Good education i think.
Did someone not say those that were there last night were from the UK? There was a PAOK London banner and when they took their tops off they didn’t look like guys who have been suffering heat waves for months. 
The two groups either side of the aisle singing to each other was like an opera 😆

Thought our game plan was good just a couple of occasions we drifted out the game and sat too deep. I thought PAOK had a couple of dangerous players but defensively very poor but can understand our measured approach last night. PAOK absolutely no where near the quality of Fiorentina or the Istanbul team we played last year. I watched PAOK highlights of both games in previous round and how they even managed to get through i don’t know. Spilt seemed to have a barrel load of chances in both games. Next Thursday we all know the theatrics will come out from the first whistle rolling around etc, same measured approach and we have a good chance. If this was a quality European opposition I would doubt us but they are certainly not that, we have all saw what quality was last in last years competition.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good education i think.
Did someone not say those that were there last night were from the UK? There was a PAOK London banner and when they took their tops off they didn’t look like guys who have been suffering heat waves for months. 
The two groups either side of the aisle singing to each other was like an opera 😆

That was genuinely funny.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Totally agree with this. In the groups last year there was no question that Istanbul and Fiorentina were on a different level yet, the home games for me just left a sick type of feeling. Like we had missed a massive opportunity to just at least have a go ... And if we were then beaten soundly it would have been kinda easier in a way to accept 

This is a different feeling entirely. We got half of it where the players had a go and the fear was gone. Alright, we weren't brilliant but there were no shackles on us. We had a right go. 

The disappointment stems from the fact that on another night, we could have won that game and if we had been a bit smarter and maybe sorted a few of the deficiencies earlier, like Cochrane in the middle, it could have been different. 

When Sibbick came on and replaced Cochrane it was like he had played there all night. Not blaming Cochrane but CM isn't his position and everyone knows that. 

Maybe it was the RBK game as well and what happened last week. You get a taste for it, a really special night and it's that disappointment coupled with the fact that we could have made it happen again 

On the plus side I can see us getting better and better as the season goes on.  

Spot on, a bit like playing the uglies. 
They had a few missing but we were still without our GK, best CH, two best Midfielders, with McKay and Boyce still getting back to full form and fitness. A few new guys also not quite bedded in yet too. I hope we have a real go at that defence next week with our quicker players and they might just get a red card 🤞

Its the hope that kills you. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Thought our game plan was good just a couple of occasions we drifted out the game and sat too deep. I thought PAOK had a couple of dangerous players but defensively very poor but can understand our measured approach last night. PAOK absolutely no where near the quality of Fiorentina or the Istanbul team we played last year. I watched PAOK highlights of both games in previous round and how they even managed to get through i don’t know. Spilt seemed to have a barrel load of chances in both games. Next Thursday we all know the theatrics will come out from the first whistle rolling around etc, same measured approach and we have a good chance. If this was a quality European opposition I would doubt us but they are certainly not that, we have all saw what quality was last in last years competition.

Definitely. We still have a chance. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jambo since 1960 said:

Who were the morons with the British flag in the Roseburn end? This was a Scottish club [check the Saltire on our badge] representing Scotland in a European competition. Leave the British flag waving to the Scotland hating bigots from Glasgow.

Exactly 🤦🏽

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely. We still have a chance. 

Absolutely! You have got to laugh at the Leith PAOK supporters association members on this thread. They would have you think they are Champions League material. Its pretty funny they are in the conference league qualifying rounds for a reason! That being they are as pish as the rest of us. 

Edited by Philfigo

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good education i think.

😂 was outside Ryries when they went by. Loud as ****, accompanied by about 30 police. Not sure where they had come from but maybe the west end. 

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly 🤦🏽

Careful, the tea towel waving brigade will soon be on your case!

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Absolutely! You have got to laugh at the Leith PAOK supporters association members on this thread. They would have you think they are Champions League material. Its pretty funny they are in the conference league qualifying rounds for a reason! That being they are as pish as the rest of us. 

I think the first one that came on laughed when some of our posters where saying they were a quality team tbh. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 was outside Ryries when they went by. Loud as ****, accompanied by about 30 police. Not sure where they had come from but maybe the west end. 

Walked from Leith 😜

weekend offender
1 hour ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Bigot

Hullo Hullo you must have loved that on thurs night, you must have been surrounded by bigots but scared to say anything🤣🤣. But carry on being hard online😂

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Careful, the tea towel waving brigade will soon be on your case!

😆 👍🏽

11 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

Hullo Hullo you must have loved that on thurs night, you must have been surrounded by bigots but scared to say anything🤣🤣. But carry on being hard online😂

Is ot OK to sing Hullo Hullo without the bad words as per Killie just asking as at the Rosenborg game about 15,000 out of 18,000 joined in. Just wondering as I am confused. Queue next 5 pages of religion's debate lol

18 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

Started a couple of times and died out pretty quickly 

3 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Is ot OK to sing Hullo Hullo without the bad words as per Killie just asking as at the Rosenborg game about 15,000 out of 18,000 joined in. Just wondering as I am confused. Queue next 5 pages of religion's debate lol

Away you go :lol: 

18 hours ago, A_Greek said:

Hm I dont think that we are histrionics, the thing is that we are not used to play against so tough teams as the scottish ones. The thing that you call tough game, the same thing we call it dirty game. I dont say that you played dirty, Its just a thing of different perception, as I think. To put it better, most British referees would refuse to give both of the penalties, while most Europeans would gave them. 

You had 4 yellow cards, we had 2. 

Both penalties were penalties. 

Your time wasting, falling over and general cheating was embarrassing for you. 

Your team fouled us 15 times to our 11. 

You have a very decent team but time wasting and play acting isn’t football. 

LochcarronJambo
7 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

Ha ha , most Hearts supporters would say they were Scottish , only a few bigots use the Rangers words probably likes of you…..not hard at all , ‘scared to say anything’ you sad bigot, but thats the type of thing people like you would try to aspire to ..HATE …that is, you & your like will never turn the greatest football name on the planet to sectarian filth like your mates from Govan ……….. Hearts & Scotland end of

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

What is the version you believe was sung? It wasnt 15k but they definitely sang about being up to their knee’s etc. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Ha ha , most Hearts supporters would say they were Scottish , only a few bigots use the Rangers words probably likes of you…..not hard at all , ‘scared to say anything’ you sad bigot, but thats the type of thing people like you would try to aspire to ..HATE …that is, you & your like will never turn the greatest football name on the planet to sectarian filth like your mates from Govan ……….. Hearts & Scotland end of

👍🏽👏🏾

30 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

CUE the board telling you you're a fud.

51 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

I (very unfortunately) live in Belfast. 

How about we swap places, and you can **** off to somewhere where you'll fit right in. 

People singing any sectarian shite in Scotland are absolutely braindead, especially the songs that originated about Ireland and Irish people, yet the morons singing it have never actually been here. 

Edited by tian447

8 minutes ago, briever said:

CUE the board telling you you're a fud.

I belevie you may be right, spelling always seems to cause issues on this board

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What is the version you believe was sung? It wasnt 15k but they definitely sang about being up to their knee’s etc. 

Hullo Hullo we are the Gorgie boys we are upto our knees in Hibbes blood. Still a bit close to the wind for political correctness.

LochcarronJambo
13 minutes ago, tian447 said:

How about we swap places, and you can **** off to somewhere where you'll fit right in. 

People singing any sectarian shite in Scotland are absolutely braindead, especially the songs that originated about Ireland and Irish people, yet the morons singing it have never actually been here. 

Brilliant post

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Hullo Hullo we are the Gorgie boys we are upto our knees in Hibbes blood. Still a bit close to the wind for political correctness.

In what world is being up to your knees in Hibees blood and glorifying the razor gangs of Glasgow the sanitised version of the song?

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Well said 👍🏽👏🏾

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

In what world is being up to your knees in Hibees blood and glorifying the razor gangs of Glasgow the sanitised version of the song?

Eh you have lost me! I am just responding to a question you asked and that what was being sung of what I heard. I've never met any razor gangs of Glasgow, what are they?

26 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Eh you have lost me! I am just responding to a question you asked and that what was being sung of what I heard. I've never met any razor gangs of Glasgow, what are they?

The song is a tribute to the billy boys, billy (forget his surname and it’s too pathetic a subject to waste time googling) was the leader of a glasgow razor gang. 

An utterly tragic song all round, and nothing whatsoever to do with Hearts, regardless of whose blood you are up to your knees in. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
5 hours ago, FetaEnjoyer said:

A grown man crawling along on all fours and reaching out for attention before collapsing to the ground because he had a bit of blood in his nose deserves to be ridiculed. 

The theatrics were an attempt get a player sent off and nothing else. If he really wanted to just be treated he could have walked.