*** Heart Of Midlothian Vs PAOK *** Official Match Thread

Masonic

2 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

A grown man crawling along on all fours and reaching out for attention before collapsing to the ground because he had a bit of blood in his nose deserves to be ridiculed. 

The theatrics were an attempt get a player sent off and nothing else. If he really wanted to just be treated he could have walked.

I think the closest Feta has got to Greece is Javits in Granton to be honest. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daavojaay

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Clark Griswold

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Eh you have lost me! I am just responding to a question you asked and that what was being sung of what I heard. I've never met any razor gangs of Glasgow, what are they?

You asked if Its was ok to sing about being up to our knees in Hibee blood. Have a think about that image for a second? Is that an acceptable thing to chant in 2023 at our ground or anywhere else? 
Unfortunately too many people have no idea about who the Billy Boys were. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Boys#

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

A grown man crawling along on all fours and reaching out for attention before collapsing to the ground because he had a bit of blood in his nose deserves to be ridiculed. 

The theatrics were an attempt get a player sent off and nothing else. If he really wanted to just be treated he could have walked.

Laughable, currently watching South Africa play New Zealand and some football players really need to get a grip. 

weekend offender
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I (very unfortunately) live in Belfast. 

How about we swap places, and you can **** off to somewhere where you'll fit right in. 

People singing any sectarian shite in Scotland are absolutely braindead, especially the songs that originated about Ireland and Irish people, yet the morons singing it have never actually been here. 

🤣 how did you feel on Thurs night when majority were singing Hulo Hullo ? I served in Northern Ireland  few times. The song we are on about is about things that happened in Scotland so knows why you are on about NI.

Just now, weekend offender said:

🤣 how did you feel on Thurs night when majority were singing Hulo Hullo ? I served in Northern Ireland  few times. The song we are on about is about things that happened in Scotland so knows why you are on about NI.

You're a clever bloke aren't you?  I can just tell by the way you type your comments. 

Bet you wouldn't dare tell someone over here that you served in Northern Ireland now, would you? Be absolutely terrified of what would happen to you. 

But you crack on with singing your songs, safely in Scotland. 

weekend offender
2 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Ha ha , most Hearts supporters would say they were Scottish , only a few bigots use the Rangers words probably likes of you…..not hard at all , ‘scared to say anything’ you sad bigot, but thats the type of thing people like you would try to aspire to ..HATE …that is, you & your like will never turn the greatest football name on the planet to sectarian filth like your mates from Govan ……….. Hearts & Scotland end of

🤣😂 your the one name calling online being hard, are you crying😭

weekend offender
Just now, tian447 said:

You're a clever bloke aren't you?  I can just tell by the way you type your comments. 

Bet you wouldn't dare tell someone over here that you served in Northern Ireland now, would you? Be absolutely terrified of what would happen to you. 

But you crack on with singing your songs, safely in Scotland. 

I have have plenty friends over the water who know what I was, terrified 🤣 are you 12

weekend offender
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Started a couple of times and died out pretty quickly 

Watch the replay before our penalty, loud as

6 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

The song is a tribute to the billy boys, billy (forget his surname and it’s too pathetic a subject to waste time googling) was the leader of a glasgow razor gang. 

An utterly tragic song all round, and nothing whatsoever to do with Hearts, regardless of whose blood you are up to your knees in. 

I totally understand that there will be a small minority sing the wrong words and it's wrong in my opinion. I have to hold my hands up and say I have sang the song in the 90s and early 2000s with the Hibs words. Scottish cup final 1998 it was belted out by 22,000 Jambos and i was one does this make it right absolutely not, but at the time nobody called it wrong. What does that make me and 22,000 fellow Jambos in your opinion?? Scum I don't know! Life has moved on but this song is still sung by clubs in England and Scotland at what point is this wrong or right to sing? Is it the tune? Is it the words? I always thought the tune came from America as a marching song. This always causes a heated debate but is interesting as at somepoint any Jambo around age 30 or 40 has sung this song rightly or wrongly. I may add that in my view we have moved on and have plenty other great songs to sing these days, Hullo Hullo always causes a debate!

weekend offender
2 hours ago, Philfigo said:

Is ot OK to sing Hullo Hullo without the bad words as per Killie just asking as at the Rosenborg game about 15,000 out of 18,000 joined in. Just wondering as I am confused. Queue next 5 pages of religion's debate lol

sing what you want, wouldny bother about some on here who prob were in the house when the game was on😂

Just fear another rosenborg type away performance,  no real.threat or cohesion. Against a team who are a level above them we need to really address and surpass any away performance of nite we have had in recent times

gorgierulesapply88

Zivkovic, great player. Nullify him next week we win the tie.

Said he was the dangerman as watched their last game, and european game highlights etc. People questioned me.

Diving rat tho.

LochcarronJambo
25 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

🤣😂 your the one name calling online being hard, are you crying😭

You said it nae me …..i am no crying just sad that there is people like u who purport to being Hearts fans & who are out and out bigots….ST holder know so many Hearts fans its no true… cannot believe we have such morons as you , Absolutely  HATE SECTARIAN BIGOTS,  this is THE Scottish club 

upgotheheads

Billy Fullerton was a Glasgow Gangster and thug, why the hell anyone would want to sing the song, wherever the tune came from beats me. And I have told more than a few Hearts supporters singing it to shut up over the last 40 or 50 years, but I doubt any of them actually knew who Billy Fullerton was, they usually think it's a reference to William of Orange.

gorgierulesapply88
Just now, upgotheheads said:

Billy Fullerton was a Glasgow Gangster and thug, why the hell anyone would want to sing the song, wherever the tune came from beats me. And I have told more than a few Hearts supporters singing it to shut up over the last 40 or 50 years, but I doubt any of them actually knew who Billy Fullerton was, they usually think it's a reference to William of Orange.

Dry your eyes!

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Dry your eyes!

So you didn't know either then?

Edited by upgotheheads

gorgierulesapply88
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

So you didn't know either then?

As I said, dry your eyes. Your up there with LeithJambo on Twitter. A pest.

Oneneilberry
6 hours ago, FetaEnjoyer said:

Every side has a different view on it mate.In Greece people talk about Hearts like a team with no technical skill,just long balls and trying to injure players with some unprofessional tackling.Booing Koulierakis even though the young lad was bleeding on the pitch further reinforces that stereotype.

For a "small club" that was missing a ton of starters and was playing with only one healthy midfielder I am happy with the result.

Hope he's ok looked a real sore one 

Screenshot_20230825-221106.thumb.png.c55db00a6f5346c920700634419d914f.png

weekend offender
19 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

You said it nae me …..i am no crying just sad that there is people like u who purport to being Hearts fans & who are out and out bigots….ST holder know so many Hearts fans its no true… cannot believe we have such morons as you , Absolutely  HATE SECTARIAN BIGOTS,  this is THE Scottish club 

🤣 Name calling again. Your saying now your sad, over a wee online spat😂 how easily offended are you🤣

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Oneneilberry said:

Hope he's ok looked a real sore one 

Screenshot_20230825-221106.thumb.png.c55db00a6f5346c920700634419d914f.png

He was shouting on his mummy the squeaking *****. 

LochcarronJambo

Ha ha name caller, laughable, 

5 minutes ago, weekend offender said:

🤣 Name calling again. Your saying now your sad, over a wee online spat😂 how easily offended are you🤣

ha ha, nae spat with me , no offended, just hate bigots 

30 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Zivkovic, great player. Nullify him next week we win the tie.

Said he was the dangerman as watched their last game, and european game highlights etc. People questioned me.

Diving rat tho.

Maybe get him next summer.  Last two moves have been frees at the end of contract. All about giving him a signing on fee and decent wage. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe get him next summer.  Last two moves have been frees at the end of contract. All about giving him a signing on fee and decent wage. 

No chance hes probably on about 30-40k a week

9 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

That’s less than the weekly FoH pledges.  No transfer fee involved. 

12 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

It’s interesting - the two guys that largely controlled midfield for them,  Tsingaras and Schwab, are well within our wage structure according to the best sites for wage comparisons. Transfer fees might be an issue esp for Tsingaras but can’t help but think we are shopping in the wrong stores. 

1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

I totally understand that there will be a small minority sing the wrong words and it's wrong in my opinion. I have to hold my hands up and say I have sang the song in the 90s and early 2000s with the Hibs words. Scottish cup final 1998 it was belted out by 22,000 Jambos and i was one does this make it right absolutely not, but at the time nobody called it wrong. What does that make me and 22,000 fellow Jambos in your opinion?? Scum I don't know! Life has moved on but this song is still sung by clubs in England and Scotland at what point is this wrong or right to sing? Is it the tune? Is it the words? I always thought the tune came from America as a marching song. This always causes a heated debate but is interesting as at somepoint any Jambo around age 30 or 40 has sung this song rightly or wrongly. I may add that in my view we have moved on and have plenty other great songs to sing these days, Hullo Hullo always causes a debate!

Being honest mate, I’ve no idea what you’re on about. 

You seem to love the song with the non-naughty word and if I’m reading you right that’s ok. 

The problem for me is some folk sing hibees blood, some sing the original noun, but anyone who doesn’t know the nuances just assumes a Hearts supporter singing that song is a bigot. 

Hearts isn’t a religious or bigoted club but it gets tarred by a tiny minority of bams who for some reason love to sing about religious beliefs whilst never setting foot in a church in their entire lives. 

gorgierulesapply88

Sticks and stones etc.. Words of a song that really gets the hairs up on peoples necks really bothers folk that much? When did Hearts fans become so easily offended? Tynecastle on nights like last night should be a cesspit of hatred.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, weekend offender said:

I have have plenty friends over the water who know what I was, terrified 🤣 are you 12

There’s plenty on here know what you are. 

weekend offender
51 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Ha ha name caller, laughable, 

ha ha, nae spat with me , no offended, just hate bigots 

Your so full of hate😂 you need to let that shit go, it seems to have consumed you💗

1 hour ago, weekend offender said:

Watch the replay before our penalty, loud as

I mean I have not been sitting at home putting it on reply while living myself like you seem to have been , but no ………….. it really was not as widespread as you are making out and half stopped before the naughty lyrics 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Sticks and stones etc.. Words of a song that really gets the hairs up on peoples necks really bothers folk that much? When did Hearts fans become so easily offended? Tynecastle on nights like last night should be a cesspit of hatred.

Of course they should but only because we support our team a bunch of diving cheating *****, nothing to do with religion. I suppose it’s just a coincidence that It was sung more last night against a Greek team than last week against Rosenborg?

weekend offender
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

There’s plenty on here know what you are. 

🤣 on here ffs, how will I ever recover fi that🤣

gorgierulesapply88
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Of course they should but only because we support our team a bunch of diving cheating *****, nothing to do with religion. I suppose it’s just a coincidence that It was sung more last night against a Greek team than last week against Rosenborg?

It was sung against Rosenburg too? I see no issue with it. And I have no religious allegiance. 

weekend offender
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean I have not been sitting at home putting it on reply while living myself like you seem to have been , but no ………….. it really was not as widespread as you are making out and half stopped before the naughty lyrics 

😂

2 hours ago, weekend offender said:

Right, but I bet you wouldn't announce it to people you didn't know if you were sat in the pub. 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s interesting - the two guys that largely controlled midfield for them,  Tsingaras and Schwab, are well within our wage structure according to the best sites for wage comparisons. Transfer fees might be an issue esp for Tsingaras but can’t help but think we are shopping in the wrong stores. 

Scwab is 33 ffs, the other guy is valued at £1.2m and under contract for another two years. 

3 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

It was sung against Rosenburg too? I see no issue with it. And I have no religious allegiance. 

Thought you might have been in to the occult …….. Hitler was in to the occult

I am an atheist too though mate so good for you 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You asked if Its was ok to sing about being up to our knees in Hibee blood. Have a think about that image for a second? Is that an acceptable thing to chant in 2023 at our ground or anywhere else? 
Unfortunately too many people have no idea about who the Billy Boys were. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Boys#

Agree

I would really like it if some lyricly minded souls could figure out how to turn it into a positive pro hearts song and strip out the billy boys part and being up to our knees in anything. 

When Shanks was taking the penalty I think it added an intimidating and toxic atmosphere (which was brilliant) but I absolutely hate that it’s got the sectarian lines in it. 

Replacing “Fenian” with “Hibee” is too lazy, and still inappropriate. 

Maybe this isn’t a great take, but it would be brilliant to clean up the song and remove even a hint of the sectarian nonsense. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Once last week later on, not after 3 minutes as last night.
The majority do have a problem with it, the club does, most probably dont want to be up to their knees in anyones blood, or sing about it and certainly don’t want to celebrate some weegie gangster from a century ago. Its make us look like bigots and have a connection with Rangers, that we don’t. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Agree

I would really like it if some lyricly minded souls could figure out how to turn it into a positive pro hearts song and strip out the billy boys part and being up to our knees in anything. 

When Shanks was taking the penalty I think it added an intimidating and toxic atmosphere (which was brilliant) but I absolutely hate that it’s got the sectarian lines in it. 

Replacing “Fenian” with “Hibee” is too lazy, and still inappropriate. 

Maybe this isn’t a great take, but it would be brilliant to clean up the song and remove even a hint of the sectarian nonsense. 

The club tried years ago, didn’t work and never will. We’ve all sang it but most folk have realised that it shouldn’t be sung in 2023. Many other songs have faded away, hopefully this will too. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The club tried years ago, didn’t work and never will. We’ve all sang it but most folk have realised that it shouldn’t be sung in 2023. Many other songs have faded away, hopefully this will too. 

Maybe with the ultras they can have another go, it’s such a loud and in your face kind of song. It would be good if it could be overhauled properly. 

But yeah, if it can’t be done, should go in the bin. 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

What is the version you believe was sung? It wasnt 15k but they definitely sang about being up to their knee’s etc. 

4 hours ago, Philfigo said:

Hullo Hullo we are the Gorgie boys we are upto our knees in Hibbes blood. Still a bit close to the wind for political correctness.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

In what world is being up to your knees in Hibees blood and glorifying the razor gangs of Glasgow the sanitised version of the song?

I must be missing the reference to the razor gangs of Glasgow in @Philfigo's reply.

I know there is another version of the song that does that right enough.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Maybe with the ultras they can have another go, it’s such a loud and in your face kind of song. It would be good if it could be overhauled properly. 

But yeah, if it can’t be done, should go in the bin. 

I think the Ultra ls have been told under no circumstances are songs like that are to be song. 
Doesnt do anything for me now, we have loads of other songs that are actually about football and our love of Heart of Midlothian. 

6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

You'll likely get some super photos from the official photographer, but, for what it's worth, here are some from the main stand:-

Screenshot_20230825_172233_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172241_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172250_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172257_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172303_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172314_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172320_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172333_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230825_172339_Gallery.jpg

Sorry just seen this. Thank you so much!

Hearts sent over some cracking photos but to see my boy from another perspective is great. Much appreciated.

He's the one in the red boots, easy to spot! :lol:

Arthur Morgan
15 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Your team are a bunch of jokers they are cheats as well all the rolling about and crying to the referee when they were hit by a breeze sorry if you call that sportsmanship and good football I’m afraid you are deluded my friend, we go to watch our team to watch them win by fair means and good football, but you go to watch a team who want to cheat their way to a result , sorry your idea of good  football is a joke along with your cheating players 

I'm a Hearts fan 😂

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Homme said:

Sorry just seen this. Thank you so much!

Hearts sent over some cracking photos but to see my boy from another perspective is great. Much appreciated.

He's the one in the red boots, easy to spot! :lol:

Got to stand out, glad he had a good time.