• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DS98

• db211833

• Pasquale for King

• Ricardo Quaresma

Top Posters In This Topic

We’re just as much to blame. So so naive at this level. Like it or not we need to get better at the dark arts. If that’s Martin Boyle instead of Frankie Kent getting shoved in the box it’s a penalty. It’s not about shouting and screaming at the refs but just getting inside his head so he thinks different the next time.

He's dreadful. They can do whatever they like, pushing players over, kicking the ball away. 

Awaiting the customary red card for us. 

Malinga the Swinga

Spent first hour giving no fouls at all and now decided to penalise Hearts for every challenge. 

Still letting them off with two handed shoves at high balls though.

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

We’re just as much to blame. So so naive at this level. Like it or not we need to get better at the dark arts. If that’s Martin Boyle instead of Frankie Kent getting shoved in the box it’s a penalty. It’s not about shouting and screaming at the refs but just getting inside his head so he thinks different the next time.

We’re just as much to blame ? Don’t talk shite. Blatant pushing the whole gave and we didn’t get fouls and that’s our fault how ? 

Edited by Dazo

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

We’re just as much to blame ? Don’t talk shite. Blatant pushing the whole gave and we didn’t get fouls and that’s our fault how ? 

Agreed! How we play and the refs performance have nowt to do with each other. 

He was howling. Even got a message from a hun mate saying the ref hated us tonight.

I always find euro games that refs seem to like having a big say on the matches.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

best in the land
1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

We’re not respected enough by continental refs, we are not cute enough also.

Feel were not streetwise and a bit naive in these games 

1 minute ago, best in the land said:

Feel were not streetwise and a bit naive in these games 

Has nowt to do with a ref being incompetent verging on biased 

Agree ... he was atrocious! The amount of times I shouted it was a free kick to us and he gave it the other way.

Came to the conclusion Ref's are pretty much bad everywhere .... with a few exceptions.

16 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Settle yourself sweetheart. We are very naive and give refs an easy ride. It’s been discussed on here many a time.

The Israeli League must have different rules.

Blatantly shoving the opposition in the back with both hands 🙌 is clearly a legitimate move over there?

I always feel we are disadvantaged in Europe: mainland continental refs when it's Hearts vs. mainland continental FC.

I am aware Israel isn’t in Europe, mainland or otherwise, but you get my drift.

I hope. 😉 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

🤦🏻🥱😴

2 hours ago, db211833 said:

We rightly moan about Scottish refs, but this guy is another disaster. 

Obviously 

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Shut up its obvious. 

It's about obvious.

Pffft

Edited by Ked

I try to avoid criticising referees too much, but some of the decisions tonight were nothing short of incredible. Just as well there were not really any big decisions to make in the game tonight given how he manged to miss so many blatant free kicks or give them the wrong way. 

We need to wise up, Cochrane getting booked was just stupid. That could have cost us, we need to just get the heads up and work even harder. 

That foul he gave against Kent when it was the fat-arsed striker who had blatantly obstructed him was mind-boggling.

Then he followed that up by ignoring a lunge on McKay only to give them a foul when Devlin won the ball back cleanly.

I must have said the word ‘*****’ about 50 times tonight. 

Just now, Gershwin said:

That foul he gave against Kent when it was the fat-arsed striker who had blatantly obstructed him was mind-boggling.

Then he followed that up by ignoring a lunge on McKay only to give them a foul when Devlin won the ball back cleanly.

I must have said the word ‘*****’ about 50 times tonight. 

That striker seemed to get away with murder tonight, took him about 6 fouls before he got booked. Celebrated right in our faces when he scored with the big man routine.

Hope he’s hurting tonight. :jjyay:

19 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Settle yourself sweetheart. We are very naive and give refs an easy ride. It’s been discussed on here many a time.

I agree with some of the stuff we do but some of those shoves?  That’s obviously not us being naive. Christ two hands on someone’s back and push. That’s a foul every time surely. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, kevin_hmfc said:

He let the game flow...so that's a plus in my book 

Your book is written in braille 

2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

We’re not respected enough by continental refs, we are not cute enough also.

They weren't even close to cute, but he turned a blind eye from the start!

I might be wrong, but what European refs have proven in our first two games, they are not swayed by fan reaction, be it right or wrong.  We need to be smarter 

32 minutes ago, martoon said:

The Israeli League must have different rules.

Blatantly shoving the opposition in the back with both hands 🙌 is clearly a legitimate move over there?

I always feel we are disadvantaged in Europe: mainland continental refs when it's Hearts vs. mainland continental FC.

I am aware Israel isn’t in Europe, mainland or otherwise, but you get my drift.

I hope. 😉 

And foul throws......no longer apply...🤷‍♂️

Just now, micole said:

And foul throws......no longer apply...🤷‍♂️

I didn't notice that.

Well spotted. 👍

8 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

I might be wrong, but what European refs have proven in our first two games, they are not swayed by fan reaction, be it right or wrong.  We need to be smarter 

I've learned something different. Refs seem to be awful the world over. That was nothing to do with fan reaction,  he was incompetent at his job.

31 minutes ago, Ked said:

Obviously 

Shut up its obvious. 

It's about obvious.

Pffft

Again in kings English young man?

22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree with some of the stuff we do but some of those shoves?  That’s obviously not us being naive. Christ two hands on someone’s back and push. That’s a foul every time surely. 

Oh absolutely he was really bad tonight. But so was Dickinson on Sunday and I’m sure whatever trumpet we get against Thistle will be the same. My point was more general that we are such a soft touch with refs and make it too easy for them. I made a point in another thread about Denholm getting elbowed in head. We got the free kick but he just got up and got on with it. A wee grab of the head, roll around and bit and their boys on a booking. It’s not right but these teams do it to us (Devlin first leg) so we need to be more cute. 

He was an attention seeking *****. Near the end, the second Clark caught the ball he sprinted over to tell him to get on with it. And don’t even get me started on the way he treated Cochrane when getting subbed. A genuinely bizarre individual.

Quite typical from a 'European' ref. Seen it before. He did allow some 50:50 challenges that would be fouls in Scotland. Bookings you expect to get. Overall its what we should expect. 

It's laughable we are playing in a uefa competition but VAR is not in use. Ref was awful tonight, but at a standard we are used to seeing!

3 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

It's laughable we are playing in a uefa competition but VAR is not in use. Ref was awful tonight, but at a standard we are used to seeing!

VAR would have given us 2 pens tonight.