Naismith and his merry band oot !

jock _turd

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The problem is, Other countries have handed out fines, The GFA won't hand out a fine to Gerard when in charge of Sevco, but you can bet they would to us.

It'll be UEFA that hand out fines not the FA's I would have thought. 

Edit: can't see anything to confirm that.

No, you're right. It's it the countries league that issue the fines. 👍

Edited by cazzyy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• Nerja Jambo

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

6 hours ago, TrueJambo said:

It does matter if you want to be a head coach for top flight football club

He is effectively our Head coach/manager. The frankie mcavoy thing is just to get round UEFA rules. What his title is and if he has a pro licence or not shouldn't determine if he is the right manager or not, and that will be judged on results. I'm still confident Naismith is the right guy and will do well with us.

Ricardo Quaresma

A few people way behind the discussion posting noob stuff; brutal reading

There's 3 threads with up to date stuff

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

A few people way behind the discussion posting noob stuff; brutal reading

There's 3 threads with up to date stuff

Tell you what Ricardo, no hiding place for you if this turns out to be pish.

Fair’s fair, you’ve nailed your colours to the mast.

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Will the license make 🤔 him a better coach?

Probably.  Bound to learn something he didn’t already know.  Mixes with a lot of good experienced coaches over the 18-24 months. 

4 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Will the license make 🤔 him a better coach?

No, but it doesn't alter the fact that he needs to be qualified......

WheatfieldWarrior
19 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

He won't be doing the Shitey Scottish course

Where do you think he did his 'B' Licence when he started it at Everton 8 years ago?

All I have seen is that he started a b licence while he was with everton, which at the time was starting the lowest rung. I haven't seen anything to say that he has completed that or any subsequent stages.  

Even a b licence with the FA (now) requires the candidate to be actively coaching in England.

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Tell you what Ricardo, no hiding place for you if this turns out to be pish.

Fair’s fair, you’ve nailed your colours to the mast.

What are you referring to?

End this stupid charade 

We need an experienced manager  

This isn’t knee jerk. 

We are going no where with this set up. 

Long season ahead if persist with this 

I know it's early on and I'm not one for rushing to sack managers but we are lost at see with this management team and playing progressively worse.

Worse I have seen us for a long long time.

Shooter McGavin

Folk on here thought Neilson wasn’t good enough, and towards the end of his time, that’s fair.

But to then think Naismith, a lowland league manager who had the B team at the dizzying heights of 13th in the league, would be an improvement?

Baffling :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

I know it's early on and I'm not one for rushing to sack managers but we are lost at see with this management team and playing progressively worse.

Worse I have seen us for a long long time.

This is where I'm at. I think savage needs to go too. His recruitment has been pretty poor. We need players who can fit our league. Playing high tempo and physical enough. 

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Folk on here thought Neilson wasn’t good enough, and towards the end of his time, that’s fair.

But to then think Naismith, a lowland league manager who had the B team at the dizzying heights of 13th in the league, would be an improvement?

Baffling :facepalm:

The board thought this. 

Naisy tbf did improve us towards the end of last season but even pre season the writing has been on the wall. We've gone backwards now and it's the boards fault. 

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The board thought this. 

Naisy tbf did improve us towards the end of last season but even pre season the writing has been on the wall. We've gone backwards now and it's the boards fault. 

I’m not sure he did improve is towards the end of the season. Maybe in 1 game, 2 at a push. Pretty much just delivering neilson level performances and that’s being generous. 

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

What a shambles. Our board actually thought this was going to be a success.

I reckon they just thought it would keep their jobs and paycheck safe for a bit longer. It's the ultimate 'don't rock the boat' appointment where they've just tried to do their own thing to stop anyone challenging them. 

We supposedly had loads of high quality managers wanting the job and ended up with Savage's mate in charge with Naismith who has been at the club for years, performed absolutely shite with the B team and doesn't have the correct coaching licenses.

Does that sound like they picked the best people for the job?

2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I’m not sure he did improve is towards the end of the season. Maybe in 1 game, 2 at a push. Pretty much just delivering neilson level performances and that’s being generous. 

He did but perhaps anyone else would have considering the state of the dressing room at the time. All it needed was change and the moods lifted, mainly Neilson and Snoddy leaving. 

This time, is it the players? Have they downed tools again because they aren't happy with tactics, who's incharge, what we're serving for lunch etc... What's the script this time? 

Regardless, the board need to start planning for the inevitable. 

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

He did but perhaps anyone else would have considering the state of the dressing room at the time. All it needed was change and the moods lifted, mainly Neilson and Snoddy leaving. 

This time, is it the players? Have they downed tools again because they aren't happy with tactics, who's incharge, what we're serving for lunch etc... What's the script this time? 

Regardless, the board need to start planning for the inevitable. 

Agreed. We maybe shouldn’t  just go for the cheapest, laziest and easiest appointment for a change. At this moment, it feels like we’re a tool for Naismith to get his pro licence. Let him get that on his own time, not ours 

The bare facts are that we have appointed a manager who won two games out of seven and who doesn't have the requisite qualification to actually be the manager. And all based on the thin argument that the football improved on what it had been previously(like it could have got any worse!). 

A bizarre decision and one that is clearly not working out up to this point. 

11 minutes ago, Mr.Sco said:

Savage has not gone back into the boardroom. Stayed in his seat texting on his phone. New manager perhaps??

He's reading comments on here🤣

11 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

The bare facts are that we have appointed a manager who won two games out of seven and who doesn't have the requisite qualification to actually be the manager. And all based on the thin argument that the football improved on what it had been previously(like it could have got any worse!). 

A bizarre decision and one that is clearly not working out up to this point. 

I for one am shocked that the guy who won 2 games in 7 has started this season with a similar record

Shooter McGavin
29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The board thought this. 

Team had a bit of a new manager bounce, but even at that we only won 2 out of 7.

If the board were seduced by that and thought he was a step up from Neilson, then we’ve got bigger problems than I thought…

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Team had a bit of a new manager bounce, but even at that we only won 2 out of 7.

If the board were seduced by that and thought he was a step up from Neilson, then we’ve got bigger problems than I thought…

The board only appointed Naismith because the calibre of potential candidates was utter shite. :lol:

A_A wehatethehibs

Feel a bit sorry for Naismith as he should not have accepted this shambles of a setup which was forced on him. He should’ve gone back to the B team, re-focused on getting his badges and got more dugout and game management experience while a more experienced man took these next couple of seasons.

After that, he could’ve took the reins and been his own man, his time would’ve come in probably 2-3 years and he would’ve been more ready. I know they say “take your chance when it comes”, but I feel this chance has came wrong circumstances for him, he did not get to bring in his own backroom and is stuck working with a nepotism hire and a legacy coach.

For me if results go really south from here, I think Joe Savage and Frankie Mcavoy should be the first to go. 

It needs ASAP so we don’t waste too much of the season dithering what to do. No matter what the final score is today it isn’t working. We need a bold manager and we need to spend the cash to get them or we won’t have a sniff of a decent league position this season.  

Italian Lambretta
26 minutes ago, Mr.Sco said:

Savage has not gone back into the boardroom. Stayed in his seat texting on his phone. New manager perhaps??

Or looking for a new job

loveofthegame

Barry Robson and Stevie Naismith. Two unqualified coaches who played at a very high level proving management isn’t easy. Which will be sacked first…

2 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Barry Robson and Stevie Naismith. Two unqualified coaches who played at a very high level proving management isn’t easy. Which will be sacked first…

Saturday 16th September

Hearts v Aberdeen

Tick tock. 

If our club was well run we'd be under new management during the International break.