Naismith and his merry band oot !

jock _turd

3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

To Tongue in cheek start a manger oot thread after the Killie game? Maybe, but is there something just not right with the set up at Hearts at the moment I certainly think there is. The board are being far too introverted and lazy with managerial appointments. Don't get me wrong they have made good one good appointment in RN and there it ends . Supporters may not have liked his style of play BUT he never let the club down. I can understand the support wanting a change at the end of last season BUT everyone of them would have to be blind not to see that collectively the players we responsible for our undoing. You can say they did not like the style of play or that some may have felt marginalised ... so what when I worked my manager said I want this done and I did it I did not question it !The firm paid me and they paid him to get results I did everything I could to do the right thing. Yet through bloody mindedness our players decided not to try to play the game and got the manager fired.  The supporters agreed we needed a new manager and the board responded.

That chapter has ended and another has started but what has changed? Very little is the answer, in fact I think we have regressed. The present set up is so bad it  has made the club look stupid. Was it really beyond the board to get an experienced manager at the helm? Is our club, the third biggest in Scotland that bad that it could not attract a suitably experience man to take over at the helm? To be fair to SN and his crew it is difficult to call them out because not one of them has the experience to manage a club of the stature of Hearts and yet we find ourselves at this point. For my tuppence worth I think we need a new set of eyes looking at our set up and the way forward as the board are totally culpable for making very bad managerial appointments. I am not saying the board do not understand business, more that the do not understand football.

Not to be that guy, but paragraphs? IMG_2889.gif.dcf5546711c6edeeddbc9500f9e46150.gif

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• Nerja Jambo

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

been here before

There were plenty on here had serious reservations about appointing Naismith a long, long time before Neilson was even punted.

You're hardly an oracle now its turning out shite.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

https://x.com/edinburghsport/status/1697342912965623852?s=46

Hearts head coach Frankie McAvoyadmitted the club’s management structure could change in the wake of their European exit against PAOK Salonika. A 4-0 defeat in Greece completed a 6-1 aggregate defeat in the Europa Conference League play-off as PAOK progressed to the group phase.

McAvoy was given the head coach title during the summer with Steven Naismith named technical director because he does not hold the required UEFA Pro Licence to manage in continental competition. Asked if that would change now that Hearts are no longer playing in Europe, McAvoy admitted the Tynecastle hierarchy would make any decision.

Hopefully that means they'll all get their jotters and we'll get in a proper management team.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I just don’t get it. He had us playing with a bit of oomph at the end of last season and this season that’s been ditched for possession based garbage. Not talking about tonight’s game.

Win on Sunday and re-organise during international break, lose and the knives will be quite rightly out.  

New management team in for the break.  Restart after break. 

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

There were plenty on here had serious reservations about appointing Naismith a long, long time before Neilson was even punted.

You're hardly an oracle now its turning out shite.

Nice but I made an opinion sorry.

been here before
3 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

I don't think anyone really did think that. They saw the wee purple patch Barry Robson was having and snottered their drivel thereafter. Absolute melts to a man. 

Oooooh they did....

11 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Its the stopwatch that the killer for me! Why does he need a stop watch? I pads, smartwatch, scoreboards etc yet he needs a stop watch round his neck which makes him look like the PE teacher you always hated. I don't know why it annoys me so much but it does!!

I’m convinced mcavoy tactics more in play this season with the job titles 

11 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Its the stopwatch that the killer for me! Why does he need a stop watch? I pads, smartwatch, scoreboards etc yet he needs a stop watch round his neck which makes him look like the PE teacher you always hated. I don't know why it annoys me so much but it does!!

😂🤣 Aye, I’ve noticed that bloody thing - what is he playing at! 

5 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Not to be that guy, but paragraphs? IMG_2889.gif.dcf5546711c6edeeddbc9500f9e46150.gif

Yes,but if you put aside you grammatical nouse do you have an opinion? Or are you just the English teacher?😅

Edited by jock _turd

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Whoever we brought in had to be an improvement on Robbie or there was no point in replacing him with someone out with the club. Failed to find a replacement and took a punt. It's failed. It happens. But as long as they own it and fix it quickly then they've at least tried to limit the damage. 

No doubt this one will drag on as it always does. Our board are fools if they can't see how this plays out, it's like deja vu. 

That’s it in a nutshell. If they admit they took a punt, it’s failed and we changed things before the season was a write-off I think fans would accept that.  I also think the SD needs to go as well. Recruitment has been dreadful and two consecutive management teams have been unable to make much of the signings made and the signings not made are the most damaging ones.  So a failure on both counts. 

been here before
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Nice but I made an opinion sorry.

That makes no sense.

Try again if you really must.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

New management team in for the break.  Restart after break. 

Still too early for me. It’s bad though. We all know one convincing win and performance can change opinions. I do admit that’s hard to see coming though. 

I just can't understand the difference in the side the last 5/6 games of last season when we were exciting to watch, playing at a fast tempo and creating chances and shots at will.

Turn up this season and it's like Neilson never left the building.

Naismith really needs to start getting results to get the fans on board. Sounds ridiculous to say but Sunday really is a must win.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

That’s it in a nutshell. If they admit they took a punt, it’s failed and we changed things before the season was a write-off I think fans would accept that.  I also think the SD needs to go as well. Recruitment has been dreadful and two consecutive management teams have been unable to make much of the signings made and the signings not made are the most damaging ones.  So a failure on both counts. 

It's for the best but I don't know if our board members are capable of making footballing decisions without relying on a Levein or a Savage. That worries me greatly. 

2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

I was one of SNs biggest advocates based on what he showed at end of last season.

What I’m seeing is RN mark two.

Honestly not sure where we go from here.

Change is required at Boardroom, Management and Recruitment level. 

Been feeling like this for ages,

Absolutely bang on the money 👏

Great post

3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Yes,but if you put aside you grammatical nouse do you have an opinion? Or are you just the English teacher?😅

My heed is pounding buddy. I couldn’t even start reading it! Will try tomorrow 😉

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Management - The end of last season was like a breath of fresh air in comparison in what we put up with under RN. We seem to have regressed back into that back foot nonsense that we were served up under RN.

Yeah, couldn’t agree more…. I wonder if FM really IS running the show and now that we’re out of Europe, SN will be announced and we’re back to the free-flowing footie we saw at the end of last season? 🤔🤞🙁

The difference between the pre and post summer tactics have to be McAvoy. We are doing the polar opposite of what Naismith was saying we wanted to continue to implement.

I just refuse to believe it's Naismith in full charge of selection and tactics.

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

That makes no sense.

Try again if you really must.

I am sorry. I just said I have given my opinion, for which I again apologise since clearly you think I am just jumping on the band wagon . I never claimed to be the "oracle" but thanks for the title 😅

Just now, Cruyff said:

It's for the best but I don't know if our board members are capable of making footballing decisions without relying on a Levein or a Savage. That worries me greatly. 

Indeed. At least Levein had a track record in football management. It’s going to get really nasty if action isn’t taken. Even at a minimum clearly giving Naismith the job and allowing him to bring in his own backroom staff would be a step in the right direction even if I still doubt that would work. A ceo with a football background should be able to handle all football and non-football activities if he hires the right management teams. 

David Weir sticks out like a sore thumb in terms of the right type of candidate.  Whether we could afford him is another matter but there’s bound to be other candidates. I just don’t get the thinking behind a manager not being responsible for identifying who we sign. Without it there’s no accountability. 

BackOfTheNet

Anything less than a win against Motherwell and the daggers will be out. Only up against Aberdeen post international break too.

It’s far too early in the season to say one way or another how it’s going to go, but something has to drastically change. Hopefully things can turn around. But the leeway is minimal already.

Forget the grammar polis, you make a very good point.

We, collectively as supporters need to demand more from the club, the players and the board.  Ultimately, we haven't performed anywhere near the standard required. 

We slower, weaker, less intellectual and no where near as fit as other teams in Europe. Scottish football is dire and rapidly needs to change. 

6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

My heed is pounding buddy. I couldn’t even start reading it! Will try tomorrow 😉

I am sure tomorrow when you get out of your pit and have a coffee click on the JKB site you will be made up  and everthing will be great again 😂

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, couldn’t agree more…. I wonder if FM really IS running the show and now that we’re out of Europe, SN will be announced and we’re back to the free-flowing footie we saw at the end of last season? 🤔🤞🙁

Fingers crossed they bin this charade and make Naismith manager.

We’ll then be able to judge if this makes a difference.

It’s annoying because we made a team, who are better than us, look a lot better than they actually are. 

Funnily enough I don’t think we’re too far off. We’re weak in centre midfield and need to stop playing Rowles. Kingsley hasn’t been perfect since he’s been back but he’s looked a lot better than last year so I wouldn’t mind going with him and Kent until Halkett returns.

Relying on Beni getting back fit doesn’t seem like a smart move and we require a better footballer to play alongside devlin if he’s a starting choice.

You are right for once frankie boy

🗣️“It’s a good question."

Frankie McAvoy admits Hearts management roles could change after crashing out of Europe

Said it at the time but Naismith was not the answer. A rookie even at B team level who hadn’t even done his badges. A couple of decent performances when caretaker (and let’s be honest it didn’t take much to improve on what we were seeing under Neilsons last couple of months) and half our support were creaming their pants but fact is that a club of hearts stature should have employed much better.

Recruitment has been a shambles. It was plain as the nose on your face we needed centre backs and we bring in Rowles who is honking and Sibbick who’s average. Our midfield has been a disaster zone for years now, we bring in Hoff who doesn’t appear to be rated by Naismith, Devlin - a footballer that can’t play football, Beni who’s permanently injured, Grant who is average, we have resorted to playing centre backs and left backs there.

Rick Sanchez

You know, when it comes down to it, Naismith hasn't even selected his number two...or his number 3. He's just towed the party line about working well as a group and accepted what he's been given.

It's just the same yes men who will work with and accept Savage's recruitment process. 

Joe's looking like the problem to me.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yes you were wrong, you remain wrong. Very little to do with management.  

What’s “little to do with management”?

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yes you were wrong, you remain wrong. Very little to do with management.  

I’ve said all I’ve got to say to that poster but you’re wrong there mate. Maybe his joy at our defeat annoying you. The last two games have been awful and our defence has been abysmal. 

Edited by GinRummy

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Still too early for me. It’s bad though. We all know one convincing win and performance can change opinions. I do admit that’s hard to see coming though. 

I honestly can't see this working at all and usually/historically I've probably been on the optimistic side in this situation. I think Sunday done it. Practically got pumped off a Championship team then couldn't muster a puff in a game that's worth more than winning a domestic treble. It's amateurish. We're toothless as a club. 

Butterbean1874
14 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Been feeling like this for ages,

Absolutely bang on the money 👏

Great post

Expect it all to change before the weekend now were out of Europe SN will.now be head coach but remains to be seen if he does what he promised high tempo attacking football on the front foot 

What the **** is he talking about?

Tonight is because of last seasons failings!!!!

Tonight is down to shite recruitment. Shite team selections and shite tactics. First leg and second.

Dundee had **** all to do with last seasons failings. 

Clueless ****ing dinosaur. 

Screenshot_20230831_214506_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.52c7d5d905855f8b44afac396d80b6af.jpg

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I honestly can't see this working at all and usually/historically I've probably been on the optimistic side in this situation. I think Sunday done it. Practically got pumped off a Championship team then couldn't muster a puff in a game that's worth more than winning a domestic treble. It's amateurish. We're toothless as a club. 

I hear you. We’ll wait and see, I certainly can’t muster much optimism right now. 

33 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Savage got Neilson the sack. No doubts about it. Wanted his own guys in. Largely successful in doing so. 

Aye by signing absolute shite in midfield 

Ministryofdad

I would get rid of the board. 

Mckinlay would go

Budge would go 

All the backroom staff would go

Goalkeeping coach would go. 

I'd pay good money and go get a manager in to change the entire philosophy of the football club. 

Sell the club to them. He will come 

Gordon Ramsay
15 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Tonight is down to shite recruitment. Shite team selections and shite tactics. First leg and second.

Screenshot_20230831_214506_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.52c7d5d905855f8b44afac396d80b6af.jpg

This guy is a ****ing moron. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Fingers crossed they bin this charade and make Naismith manager.

We’ll then be able to judge if this makes a difference.

It’s annoying because we made a team, who are better than us, look a lot better than they actually are. 

Funnily enough I don’t think we’re too far off. We’re weak in centre midfield and need to stop playing Rowles. Kingsley hasn’t been perfect since he’s been back but he’s looked a lot better than last year so I wouldn’t mind going with him and Kent until Halkett returns.

Relying on Beni getting back fit doesn’t seem like a smart move and we require a better footballer to play alongside devlin if he’s a starting choice.

You’re right, I don’t think we have a bad squad either… but, yeah, Rowles needs dropped - for his own sake and ours, he’s cost us a few goals already this season.
It just doesn’t compare to the end of last season. How can we be soooo different? Same(ish) players, same formation… back to playing weak ponderous pish. Every time PAOK were on the ball, they had time and when they didn’t, they had an out. Us, on the other hand, had about 3 of their players nipping, when any of our players had the ball. No matter where on the pitch.  That’s not what millions get you, that’s just hard work and fitness. It’s what septic do to us. 
We’re a different ‘team’ from the end of last season. How can that happen!?

Footballfirst

9 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

I'd pay good money and go get a manager in to change the entire philosophy of the football club. 

The Board has bought into all this philosophy crap, from Levein, Neilson, Cathro and now Naismith. All believed that because we paid good money we must have better players.  All we need to do is play to the philosophy and we will be successful.

Absolute tosh. It's ok for Man City to keep the ball and work their way through defences by technical skills. Hearts don't have players with the ability to play that way. 

Change the bloody philosophy to one that matches the players abilities. Work hard, do the basics well, press the opposition into making mistakes, convert a good proportion of chances created. 

Simples!

20 minutes ago, Bauld said:

That’s genuinely worrying

28 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Definitely called passing the buck

Ministryofdad
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

The Board has bought into all this philosophy crap, from Levein, Neilson, Cathro and now Naismith. All believed that because we paid good money we must have better players.  All we need to do is play to the philosophy and we will be successful.

Absolute tosh. It's ok for Man City to keep the ball and work their way through defences by technical skills. Hearts don't have players with the ability to play that way. 

Change the bloody philosophy to one that matches the players abilities. Work hard, do the basics well, press the opposition into making mistakes, convert a good proportion of chances created. 

Simples!

Play to our strengths. 

We have to create those. 

There isn't even a platform to build yet. 

We have one sellable asset in shankland. 

It's grim times. 

We don't even train at Tynecastle anymore. 

How you ment to pick out the runs and channels if your not training at home. 

How are players ment to see what us fans see if they don't sit in the stand and see it from our view. 

Look for simple passes and watch player movement at Tynecastle from the stands from fellow colleges. 

Why is there no one at the club able to video this and show the moment in passage of play stages from the ball being released from the keeper up until the ball gets into the final third.

Honestly does my nut in that I can clearly see what needs to be worked on daily and it's not happening. 

I dunno why professional footballers are not in for 8 hours a day. 4 hour physical training 1 hour gym 3 hour technical training. Watching plays, drills and practicing and improving their own ability and technical prowess. 

Management should be sitting down one to one with each player asking for feedback and giving guidance. 

Seeing where there strengths are that they think they can give to the team and working on what the management think they lack.

will-i-am-a-jambo
28 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I'm not defending McAvoy but I'm reading that quote like he's referring to the fact we failed to get 3rd last season to progress in Europe rather than just the performance tonight alone. l could be reading it wrong though.

Central Belt 1874
27 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

I would get rid of the board. 

Mckinlay would go

Budge would go 

All the backroom staff would go

Goalkeeping coach would go. 

Sell the club to them. He will come 

Absolutely.

Can't shake the feeling (I've had for years now) that the reason we cant sign an experienced manager is because of the board room set up and the role Levein and now Savage hold within the club. 

26 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You know, when it comes down to it, Naismith hasn't even selected his number two...or his number 3. He's just towed the party line about working well as a group and accepted what he's been given.

It's just the same yes men who will work with and accept Savage's recruitment process. 

Joe's looking like the problem to me.

A group of 3 ‘managing’ the first team is and was never going to work. I don’t know anyone who thought it was a good idea and we know it’s only really come about because of Naismith’s licence status. What we’re getting from a group of 3 is the lowest common denominator. A muddled consensus with no one having the responsibility of ‘final’ decision .

We need to fix this swiftly before the next game. If we can now have Naismith as head coach (I’m not sure we can) then we do that and we sideline Mcevoy, who’s had far too much sway IMO. Give Naismith an assistant and keep Forrest at arms length out at Riccarton.

Naismith might not work out. If it doesn’t the fault is with the board for not going through a proper recruitment process (YET AGAIN) If it doesn’t work out we need to change it, but we also need to root out every single backroom underperformer at the same time. For me that includes Savage, his team, McKinley, Budge and any non FOH board members. The board of a fan owned club must ALL represent the owners with responsibility and answerability TO the owners. Ann Budge, a board member, does not answer to and was not appointed by the owners of the club. There are others on the board and it’s ludicrous that they weren’t appointed by the owners. Everyone on that board should be an elected representative of the ownership. 

Fan Owned but not Fan Run. I agree 100% with that but they have to be judgeable and answerable after a given time.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if neither Frankie nor Steven are choosing our team or tactics, they're actually being worked out beforehand on computer.

The only problem being:

shutterstock_zx81.jpg

AC Mallin_51

Anything less than 6 points from Motherwell and Aberdeen and I reckon the fans will be calling for change already. Something feels so off about the whole thing. I was excited to see what they’d bring to the table but it’s becoming apparent very quickly they’re out of their depth. Looks no better than the neilson side between February and April. We feel a mile off what we were around January time